Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 25, 2013 4:40 PM

May 2012
HOLE - E - SHIT
this is getting freaking crazy, love it, my guess about that titan was correct, and i really like the direction this show is going. next week is gonna be another freaking epic episode i hope. also dat OST.
May 25, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2010
The way mikasa felt when she realised his heart was beating. SO BEAUTIFUL.
I felt like crying.. almost. I felt like i was holding Eren too.. d'aww!
May 25, 2013 4:42 PM
Apr 2013
MyDarkness said:
JOHJ said:
Bit of a screwup, Eren's titan body suddenly got its arms back out of nowhere when it's supposed to be evaporating. In the previous shot when it fell they were clearly gone.

lol what about her going into the steamy hot mess that is eren-titan-corpse and practically sitting there unfazed.

It is not a screwup. Be watching and you will find the answer.
May 25, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
Best part was when Mikasa saw Eren was alive. After that was the Eren beating the shit out of all the titans. Looks like they won't trust him after this I wonder what will happen.
And come on people the stills were not bad at all.
5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Feb 2010
ReasonDesu said:
Ramkec said:
Man the only bad thing in this episode is that MOE titan got killed. :(

I laughed way too much... R.I.P

"Moe"...o ^ o what are you all talking about?!?!?
I was freaking scared to death of that titan.
Definitely going to be seeing it in my nightmares from now on.

Alsooo, my little Armin has finally grown up T ^ T *sniffle. haha jk jk, I knew Armin wasn't just a good-for-nothing since the beginning~ <3 I know smart men when I see em. I can literally sniff them out. (run away nerdds, run awayyy~) lol.
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That scene when they were trying to get back the supply room was amazing! I also don't mind the stills if the action scenes (and the more important scenes) are going to be animated like this. Actually the still aren't that distracting at all imo. Eren is baaack! Was looking forward to this. Armin's finally showing his strategic skills, hopefully people won't be complaining about him from now on. Also, that reunion was too beautiful ;__; the way Mikasa leaned in to hear Eren's heartbeat, and then Armin holding Eren's hand...The plot is finally moving forward after the last few episodes of battles. So excited to see Levi next episode ><
May 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
unfortunately I knew all Erin a long time ago by reading the Character description. But I can still say that I loved this episode 5 out of 5
May 25, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
Another incredible episode!

Moe Titan :(
May 25, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2013
PoeticJustice said:
The best character has made a reappearance.

Order of Best characters so far.

Eren > Annie > Sasha > Jean > Reiner > Connie Springer > Armin > Moe Titan(R.I.P. u will be missed) > Mikasa.

I beg to differ. Moe Titan in first place, followed by Sasha, Mikasa, Annie, Jean, Reiner, Connie and then Armin. Then again, I haven't yet found a character to hate on.
May 25, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode! It made kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time >.<

Looks like next week's episode is going to have the same effect :D
May 25, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
Acropyre said:
Amazing episode , when eren got out of the titan reminded me of Evangelion

When are they making a mecha Titan anime-genre?
May 25, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
There better be a good explanation for Eren regenerating his limbs and stuff.

My theory is, he became a titan?

Who knows.

Next episode plz.

May 25, 2013 4:53 PM
Aug 2012
FriedIceCream said:
There better be a good explanation for Eren regenerating his limbs and stuff.

My theory is, he became a titan?

Who knows.

Next episode plz.
If you accepted the explanation for 'him being still alive' the 'why he became a titan' shouldn't be too hard to swallow.

Not sure we'll be seeing it this season, though.
May 25, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
They killed moe titan, im dropping this awful series.1/10.
Seriously though, that was p-e-r-f-e-c-t.Awesome to see Eren again! so glad that Mikasa can be happy now.Armin showed that hes not useless all the time as well.
Obvious 5/5.
May 25, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:
The two titans didn't even see that Falcon Punch coming.

I want to know how many non readers saw the twist at the end coming.

Since the first time that titan appeared I was sure it was related to Eren being eaten. This much should have been obvious for about anyone since there's no way the main character would have died so early on.
May 25, 2013 5:05 PM
Oct 2010
Honestly, I am sort of growing tired of this series. As a manga reader it's not because I know what's coming, more so it's because the translation from manga to TV is so exact it comes off as way more drawn out in the anime, so at points it feels very stretched.
May 25, 2013 5:06 PM
Jun 2010
Zhou said:
The two titans didn't even see that Falcon Punch coming.

I want to know how many non readers saw the twist at the end coming.

Well we all had an idea or knew it was him. But I didn't expect him to come back alive in human form at the end. Thought they would've killed him off completely when his Titan body burned out. Nice to see him back, though. Kinda felt like a cop out but if the explanation behind it is mind-blowing then I'll let it slide lol.
May 25, 2013 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
Good episode. Gotta say, though, it felt more Shounen anime. Still good.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
May 25, 2013 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
skudoops said:
Honestly, I am sort of growing tired of this series. As a manga reader it's not because I know what's coming, more so it's because the translation from manga to TV is so exact it comes off as way more drawn out in the anime, so at points it feels very stretched.

I think its better that way, rather than complaining that the anime is not loyal to the manga
May 25, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
skudoops said:

If the adaptation isn't faithful it's either rushed or just anime original shit.

If the adaptation is faithful it's drawn out and slow.

You can't win, can you?
May 25, 2013 5:11 PM
Jun 2009
I came here expecting a "kick the baby" gif.

Nobody nobody noticed it? 10:54
May 25, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2011
I really wish the whole uncovering scene were as intense as it was in the manga.
May 25, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
At least this episode was better than the last one, the last one was boooooring. Yep, it was obvious that Erin was the abnormal Titan, he was pretty bad ass though gotta say. Though really curious as to why Erin out of all people managed to become a Titan AND lived when his Titan form died, seemed kinda ridiculous IMO; oh well. I honestly thought it'd be a cool plot twist if a main character died early, though then again, it can be quite terrible too.

There was a nice amount of action but I wished there was more, but you know, lolbudget, though also, I swear either I'm blind or I didn't notice ANY stills, I blame my Taco Bell, fucking asshole!!

3.5/5 star episode
May 25, 2013 5:19 PM
Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
skudoops said:

If the adaptation isn't faithful it's either rushed or just anime original shit.

If the adaptation is faithful it's drawn out and slow.

You can't win, can you?

Great theory
May 25, 2013 5:20 PM
Dec 2010
People couldn't find anything wrong with the episode so they randomly complain about a few 'still' scenes lol. How lame are you people.

Another excellent episode IMO!!!
May 25, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2010
its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren! its Eren!
Eren is BACKK!! YEAY~
Zealot said:
I came here expecting a "kick the baby" gif.

Nobody nobody noticed it? 10:54

i was expecting it too...
anybody has it?
May 25, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
As many people spoiled this back in episode 5, I was not surprised to see Eren (plus I also read the manga up to this chapter). Nevertheless that was an awesome reveal. Armin is an awesome tactician.

I wish they could of animated it differently so that we couldn't tell Eren got his limbs back until Armin mentioned it, but oh well.

The Supply room part was epic, the Titan was so close. Normally that should of went a lot differently, but since this is fiction I'll let it slide.
May 25, 2013 5:24 PM

Jun 2012
WHY COULDN'T IT DOWNLOAD ANY FASTER!? Anyway, dat music :3 and I can't wait for next week.

I couldn't put it up last week because it spoiled Eren was the titan but I think everyone knew already....
May 25, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
That was probably the best episode so far, with the last one on the second place. I think I'm starting to like this show, because I'm actually interested in what happens next. First episodes were like "oh, okay, seems decent, may watch, but it's kinda depressing". And now that there's hope on the horizon.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 25, 2013 5:34 PM
May 2013
Since i've only been seeing the Anime and not have not read the manga, this episode was DAMN!!!!! SO GOOOOD! Eren is a beast!!!
May 25, 2013 5:35 PM
Aug 2012
genji094 said:
i've only been seeing the Anime and not have not read the manga.
Leave the forums, for your own good.
May 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
FUCKING EREN! He was that titan with the fabulous hair. It was a lot more obvious when he noticed the titan that killed Thomas and immediately went after it despite having lost both his arms. That scene was fucking awesome as well. The OST is so perfect, gets me hype every single time. Eren coming back alive was very emotional. I found it interesting how Eren came out from the titan's nape which is where the titan's weak spot is. Eren even got his limbs back which must be from fusing with the titan and in turn he shared the titan's regeneration ability.

Oh shit, the Garrison designated Eren as the enemy of mankind? Well... god damn! Now I have to wait another week again... D: Seriously can't wait for the next episode though. This anime is fucking awesome.
May 25, 2013 5:41 PM
Apr 2012
Armin plays point guard! :D
Welcome back Erin!
May 25, 2013 5:42 PM

May 2013
Excellent episode, i'm loving the fact they're keeping it close to the manga always.

Also... regarding all those comments in the beggining about stills, call me ignorant but... what the hell are stills?
May 25, 2013 5:44 PM

May 2012
razor39999 said:
Plot armor, blah blah. I already spoiler'd myself a few weeks ago so I knew it would happen, but meh it is quite disappointing to see them going for ass pull material so early on.

Did you forget this is a shounen? There is literally nothing that can happen that will surprise me. All I hope for is good action, and animation that is it.
May 25, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
So if Eren wants to kill all the titans, will he have to kill himself?
May 25, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
love the episode the intensity is starting to build up but once eren came out of the body he looked like as if he was an alien controlling a robot
May 25, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was SO EPIC!!! Man, the Mikasa crying feeellllssss <3
May 25, 2013 5:50 PM
Apr 2013
I like Jean a lot more in the anime then in the manga.
May 25, 2013 5:51 PM
May 2013
Amarrez said:

I can hear his heart beating

Too moe, I'm going to die.

Oh, and the most important part of this episode was in the preview.

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post is allowed in episode discussions. Also please discuss the episode and do not only post images.

Favorite part of the episode and it was not even in the manga. Great adaption (enjoy anime more than manga). 5/5, 1st post.
May 25, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2012
Another good adaptation...
Although i prefer some more action, the stills could be setting feelings to the anime??
I don't know just some positive thinking... really wanted some more movement, but overall love the episode!
May 25, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
More Falcon Punch for the Titans. So the Titans have more size even a baby one. I thought there were only a titan and a bigass titan.

Armin find the position he should be playing as. The brainy one is always no good at doing the actual thing.

Eren being the Titan was quite obvious to me, his arm and leg regenerated thanks to the Titan regeneration ability.

Now he is deemed enemy of mankind, things just keep getting interesting.

May 25, 2013 5:58 PM

May 2013
now i know why the nape is the weakness..

it looks like the person inside a robot.. hitting the nape means hitting also the person inside.. woah O_O amazing
May 25, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
AzurePisces said:
now i know why the nape is the weakness..

it looks like the person inside a robot.. hitting the nape means hitting also the person inside.. woah O_O amazing

It's like a mecha, but with fleshy human-eating giants instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2013 6:02 PM

Mar 2013
I have a feeling this show is gonna spawn a new (sub)genre of anime

Aug 2008
F**KIN BADASS! I love this episode. Armin's strategic plans also worked well with little error. Also, Sasha was really hilarious in this episode. I love how she desperately apologized to the Titan. Also, i can't believe i would saw that Titan's face again. De-MOEd much? LMAO!

And finally, after 3 episodes and descending into the hell of spoilers, HE ROSE AGAIN!
Anyway, his location at the back of his Titan's Achilles heel kinda looks like a cockpit.
So it means, assuming that if someone will strike a blade unto that part, will it instantly kill him also as well as his Titan form?
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Nov 2011
Episode 8 - Second half of Chapter 8 and whole of Chapter 9

Some of the fighting scenes are anime-only. The anime also develops Marco and his relationship with Jean a bit more than the manga does.

Also, I'll have to take back about my assumption that Jean's scenes in chapter 8 will be changed much. In the manga, his order to rush headquarters happened very quickly whereas the anime gives him more time to think before giving that order.

Grade: Extremely Faithful Adaptation with additional expansive scenes (not fillers).

For more comparisons, please visit:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589515

Also, if you want to correct me, please post at the other thread since the episode discussion threads move too fast for me to follow.
May 25, 2013 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
Someone make a gif of that tiny titan getting punted by Eren Titan that scene was golden.
~ El Psy Congroo~

May 25, 2013 6:18 PM

May 2010
YO HE KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT MOTHERFUCKING BABY and yo googly eyes damn that shit was creepy as hell OH SHIT.
May 25, 2013 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, I never really noticed in the manga, but that foreshadowing in this episode. Wasn't very obvious, and you would only get it after the event happens and you go back and watch this again, but it surprised me.

Anyway, the only still that really bothered me at all was the second weakness scene. Man up people.

Awesome episode anyway, really faithful. That heartbeat scene with da feels.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.