Forum Settings
Forums

Movie and OVA of Girls und Panzer Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 28, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Wicked
Apr 28, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
DenjaX said:
ihateeveryone said:
I personally didn't enjoy GuP as much as other people, but this is great news for the fans of the show. Maybe I'll check out the movie since the girls (and tanks) are absolutely adorable.

(And on a side note: I have never seen MAL freak out over something serious usually they jump for joy so what the hell)
If you are not a military fan + moe fan, it is understandable if you don't enjoy it as much. This show caters 2 needs.

Not a military fan but moe is fabulous. That's what got me to watch the show initially, the moe girls. I just wasnt able to stay hooked is all. Hopefully the movie improves this for me. My score for the show is low, but I didn't hate it at all.

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/04/28/girls-und-panzer-unveils-a-new-bishoujo/

Here you guys go.
Apr 28, 2013 11:11 AM

Feb 2012
DenjaX said:
ihateeveryone said:
I personally didn't enjoy GuP as much as other people, but this is great news for the fans of the show. Maybe I'll check out the movie since the girls (and tanks) are absolutely adorable.

(And on a side note: I have never seen MAL freak out over something serious usually they jump for joy so what the hell)
If you are not a military fan + moe fan, it is understandable if you don't enjoy it as much. This show caters 2 needs.

I'm not a huge fan of either and yet I still enjoyed it.
Apr 28, 2013 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
SO...FAR...AWAY............................ =3=

Season 2 WHEN?!

Apr 28, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2010
Fuck yeah !
Apr 28, 2013 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
VictorVonDoom said:
DenjaX said:
ihateeveryone said:

I'm not a huge fan of either and yet I still enjoyed it.
I forgot to mention people who watch to enjoy without being too objective.

ihateeveryone said:
Not a military fan but moe is fabulous. That's what got me to watch the show initially, the moe girls. I just wasnt able to stay hooked is all. Hopefully the movie improves this for me. My score for the show is low, but I didn't hate it at all.

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/04/28/girls-und-panzer-unveils-a-new-bishoujo/

Here you guys go.
Looks like this character is from Chihatan Academy, Kuromorine's first opponent in the tournament. I think her appearance is to get owned only.... so sad.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
Glorious! Here's a video to fit this occasion [url]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20579541[/url]
Apr 28, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
I'm in the "Would have preferred a 2nd season" camp.But this is fine.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 28, 2013 2:55 PM

Nov 2011
A movie? Wow. Great news.
Apr 28, 2013 4:47 PM
Mar 2013
A movie, i'll love to see that :D

But, i'm the only one who thinks a seasson 2 will have no reason?. I mean, they have already faced a Maus, the biggest tank ever made in the world war 2, what more they can bring with more epicness than that?, and as they have already won vs the best academy ever, there's no rival who can bring up again the tension.
Apr 28, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2007
kukuruyo said:

But, i'm the only one who thinks a seasson 2 will have no reason?. I mean, they have already faced a Maus, the biggest tank ever made in the world war 2, what more they can bring with more epicness than that?, and as they have already won vs the best academy ever, there's no rival who can bring up again the tension.

That's like saying any sport shouldn't exist because once someone beats the current top everyone should just quit bothering. That's retarded.

The top school was the top because it beat the others - yet the others still play, do they not? The sport wouldn't exist if people thought like you - no sport would. People don't magically just say "oh well, we lost, never doing this again" - and people don't say "we won, waste of time to do this again". It's not like they raped the other team, they BARELY won out of pure luck at the end of the rest of the nazis sitting there watching (if you pay attention, the crazy bitch on their team was RIGHT THERE and just sat and watched instead of shooting Miho and crew).

Even disregarding that last point: The top fights to remain the top. The rest fight to overtake them. Both sides of that develop new tactics and get new people in order to do so.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
Apr 28, 2013 5:01 PM
Sep 2012
kukuruyo said:
But, i'm the only one who thinks a seasson 2 will have no reason?

TallonKarrde23 said:
That's retarded.

Or they can just leave it as it is and not make a second season. Many successful series like GuP did not have a second season or a movie. Regardless of there was a reason or continuation.

Anyway, I'm excited.
Apr 28, 2013 5:11 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome! Panzer Vor!
Apr 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2007
bippo said:
kukuruyo said:
But, i'm the only one who thinks a seasson 2 will have no reason?

TallonKarrde23 said:
That's retarded.

Or they can just leave it as it is and not make a second season. Many successful series like GuP did not have a second season or a movie. Regardless of there was a reason or continuation.

Anyway, I'm excited.

I like how you entirely removed the context of what I was saying that to. I wasn't saying that in regards to the line you quoted from him - I was saying it to his REASONING behind it, which is in fact retarded. If you actually read my post - or his - you might see that the context entirely changes what I was saying and why. Nothing I said was remotely related to the idea of a second season being a good or bad thing, or supporting it one way or another; it was all just pointing out that sports don't work in a way that 'winning' suddenly makes it all pointless.
TallonKarrde23Apr 28, 2013 5:22 PM
Apr 28, 2013 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
mizu2405 said:
dtshyk said:
According to the official Twitter account, an anime movie of Girls und Panzer was announced to be premiered in 2014. It will be a brand new story. An OVA featuring vs. Anzio team game will also be released.

Source: Girls Panzer official Twitter

I don't think I have anything to add.
Apr 28, 2013 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
Hold on a second is this anime that good or what?
Apr 28, 2013 6:20 PM
Sep 2012
^ It is the best-selling series in the autumn season.

TallonKarrde23 said:

Nothing I said was remotely related to the idea of a second season being a good or bad thing, or supporting it one way or another; it was all just pointing out that sports don't work in a way that 'winning' suddenly makes it all pointless.

Then you are off-topic. Panzer vor!
Apr 28, 2013 8:37 PM
Dec 2012
O_o Movie and OVA when did this happen!?!?

I still need to watch the TV series :(
Apr 28, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2007
bippo said:
^ It is the best-selling series in the autumn season.

TallonKarrde23 said:

Nothing I said was remotely related to the idea of a second season being a good or bad thing, or supporting it one way or another; it was all just pointing out that sports don't work in a way that 'winning' suddenly makes it all pointless.

Then you are off-topic. Panzer vor!

No, because I was on the topic of the series and film, and with that the franchise. Please just stop making yourself look even more stupid, you already achieved that by blatantly taking out the entire context of what you were replying to.
Apr 28, 2013 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
VERSTANDEN!! just...can't...wait.
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Apr 28, 2013 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
Great news! I guess it's not too surprising considering the sales, but I wasn't expecting a movie. Hopefully they take advantage of that big screen and bring us some even more amazing tank battles.

Panzer vor!
Apr 29, 2013 3:14 AM
Mar 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
kukuruyo said:

That's like saying any sport shouldn't exist because once someone beats the current top everyone should just quit bothering. That's retarded.

The top school was the top because it beat the others - yet the others still play, do they not? The sport wouldn't exist if people thought like you - no sport would. People don't magically just say "oh well, we lost, never doing this again" - and people don't say "we won, waste of time to do this again". It's not like they raped the other team, they BARELY won out of pure luck at the end of the rest of the nazis sitting there watching (if you pay attention, the crazy bitch on their team was RIGHT THERE and just sat and watched instead of shooting Miho and crew).

Even disregarding that last point: The top fights to remain the top. The rest fight to overtake them. Both sides of that develop new tactics and get new people in order to do so.

That's an extreme manipulation of what i said, and considering your attitude it seems also intentional...

I didn't say nothing about the sport of panzers ending there, i don't even know where do you seem to read that, maybe my concept is hard to grasp to you?.

What i said it's that a second seasson of an anime of GuP have no sense cause they have already beated the top of what can be beated. If you watch sport animes they began beating low conmpetitions and every season they beat some higher until they win the top competition in the world and the series end.

In GuP they directly won the top competition and they already destroyed the most powerfull tank that can participate in a panzer contest. The sport will continue, and they will surelly participate in the next contest, but it will not be exciting to the anime audience, cause they will be fighting people they already beated, what's more the academy will become famous and have won a lot of money, so they will now have a lot of pilots and tanks, so there's not even the excitement of a combat 10 vs 30.

To make an easy example, it's what is happening right now in Initial D. In the last seassons they already beated the best pilots in Japan, there's only a few left that can be considered dangerous and they will be the final bosses of the seasson 5.

So the whole session 5 have been a serie of completelly boring and unexciting races against people you know are worse than the main characters and have 0 possibilities of winning. Also the main characters have now the best cars, with profesional engines, custom changes, repairs, etc. They simply can't lose and you know it.

So the entire seasson 5 have been boring and i almost don't see it anymore, and Initial D is one of my favourite animes!, if they do a second seasson of GuP it will be the same, combats against people you already know have been beated by the protagonists, and now the protagonists are better, so boring.

They can do something short, like a movie, with a special case, maybe one accident, or a strange match in wich they only have one tank against an horde, something like that can bring up the excitement for a short time, but not an entire seasson.

GuP should be left with one seasson so the serie will be remembered as an short entirely good one, and not a long serie with a lot of filler.
Apr 29, 2013 5:25 AM
Jan 2013
^ Your opinion is your opinion. There are people who wants 2nd season and also people who thinks it still makes sense to have it.

and to be honest, your opinion is poor one, since Girls Panzer obviously had ending that is obviously open for sequel.

kukuruyo said:
GuP should be left with one seasson so the serie will be remembered as an short entirely good one, and not a long serie with a lot of filler.
"should" is a word that makes you look like... w/e.
KitchiriApr 29, 2013 5:30 AM
Apr 29, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2012
GuP is an original anime. The creators could add anything to it that will expand the world its built. I don't see why would additions to the story be called as "filler".
Apr 29, 2013 7:31 AM
Mar 2013
Kitchiri said:
^ Your opinion is your opinion. There are people who wants 2nd season and also people who thinks it still makes sense to have it.

and to be honest, your opinion is poor one, since Girls Panzer obviously had ending that is obviously open for sequel.

kukuruyo said:

It's curious to make a comment in the line of "everyone have a valid opinion" followed with one in the line of "your opinion is not valid". If my opinion is my opinion, then your opinion about my opinion is just your opinion :).

I would like to know how Gup is obviously open for a sequel when it end with all closed. The academy wins against the stronger enemy possible in the world and it's saved. Personal problems are also solved. There's nothing left unsolved and nothing more grandious left to do. You consider it's calling for a seasson 2 because they are alive or something?, then every movie or anime in the world is open for a sequel no matter how it ends, and i don't think is like that. When a story have a good ending, with nothing left untold, all closed and not enought material to do an interesting continuation, there should not be a continuation, it will just drop the quality of the work as a whole. I've seen a thousand diferrent opinions regarding if i must see or not SAO because aparently the first seasson its good and the second sucks (or so i've heard), and that's basically what im talking about.

I don't know what you mean by w/e, i don't get half the invented words used in this forum, but as i have seen that most of them are for flaming purposes (seems this forum exist only for flaming purposes) i will assume is just that. Im not a born english speaker and as long as i have studied "should" is just a normal word with no negative meanings.

I didn't say nothing about the people who wants a seasson 2 nor i have went against them for thinking that way. It's just normal to want to see more about a show you like, and i will see it too if it comes out, what i said is that it well be TOO FORCED to do it, since there's no strongest rival than the ones they already beated, there's no stronger tank they would face than the Maus, there's no plots left unfinished and they will now have more pilots and tanks. A seasson 2 will be clearly inferior cause it will have a weak hook to see it, just as it happens in initial D seasson 5. It will be like making a new seasson of Dragon ball in wich Goku have to fight again against the enemys in the freezer saga when he's 100 times more powerfull.

Wait, they did that, it's called GT, and it's hated by most of the DB fanbase...
Apr 29, 2013 7:43 AM
Jan 2010
Okay, I'm seriously trying to pick this one up. Here's to hoping that I'd enjoy the ride.
Apr 29, 2013 11:30 AM
Apr 2013
kukuruyo said:
Kitchiri said:

kukuruyo said:

It's curious to make a comment in the line of "everyone have a valid opinion" followed with one in the line of "your opinion is not valid". If my opinion is my opinion, then your opinion about my opinion is just your opinion :).

I would like to know how Gup is obviously open for a sequel when it end with all closed. The academy wins against the stronger enemy possible in the world and it's saved. Personal problems are also solved. There's nothing left unsolved and nothing more grandious left to do. You consider it's calling for a seasson 2 because they are alive or something?, then every movie or anime in the world is open for a sequel no matter how it ends, and i don't think is like that. When a story have a good ending, with nothing left untold, all closed and not enought material to do an interesting continuation, there should not be a continuation, it will just drop the quality of the work as a whole. I've seen a thousand diferrent opinions regarding if i must see or not SAO because aparently the first seasson its good and the second sucks (or so i've heard), and that's basically what im talking about.

I don't know what you mean by w/e, i don't get half the invented words used in this forum, but as i have seen that most of them are for flaming purposes (seems this forum exist only for flaming purposes) i will assume is just that. Im not a born english speaker and as long as i have studied "should" is just a normal word with no negative meanings.

I didn't say nothing about the people who wants a seasson 2 nor i have went against them for thinking that way. It's just normal to want to see more about a show you like, and i will see it too if it comes out, what i said is that it well be TOO FORCED to do it, since there's no strongest rival than the ones they already beated, there's no stronger tank they would face than the Maus, there's no plots left unfinished and they will now have more pilots and tanks. A seasson 2 will be clearly inferior cause it will have a weak hook to see it, just as it happens in initial D seasson 5. It will be like making a new seasson of Dragon ball in wich Goku have to fight again against the enemys in the freezer saga when he's 100 times more powerfull.

Wait, they did that, it's called GT, and it's hated by most of the DB fanbase...

In episode two, there was a world tournament mentioned which was also when Maho first appeared in the serie. Now that's something much bigger then just champion of all japanese schools. So dont say there isnt a bigger goal, cause there is. You could have one season for an asian tournament(maybe), and then another one for the world tournament. (no harm meant)
Apr 29, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
If you enjoyed the first season as it is then don't watch the second season if there is one. I don't understand why people think because they don't want more of a show that no one else should have more of it.

Movie, OVAs, more seasons, I look forward to whatever they bring out and will preorder them as soon as they are solicited. I have thoroughly enjoyed the first four discs and the OP and ED CDs and can't wait for the next one!
Apr 29, 2013 12:01 PM
Mar 2013
wtdtd said:
In episode two, there was a world tournament mentioned which was also when Maho first appeared in the serie. Now that's something much bigger then just champion of all japanese schools. So dont say there isnt a bigger goal, cause there is. You could have one season for an asian tournament(maybe), and then another one for the world tournament. (no harm meant)

The torunament they won is the world tournament, not a torunament between japanese academys. The academys in the tournament were from all places, U.s.a., england, russia, etc. The tournament Miho refers to in the second episode is the last time the world tournament was made, in wich she made her academy lose. That's why in the final torunament the battle against the russians is before and less dangerous than the one against her sister.

So they have already conquered the biggest goal
Apr 29, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2012
The Sensha-do Tournament that happened in GuP is the 63rd National High School Sensha-Do Championship. The school that participated here are Japanese schools that have themes of a certain country. In episode 1, the student council said that the World Sensha-Do championship will be held in Japan in a few year that's why The Ministry of Education and Culture are requesting all Japanese High schools and Colleges to bolster their Sensha-do programs in preparation of the World Championships.
Apr 29, 2013 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
kukuruyo said:
wtdtd said:

The torunament they won is the world tournament, not a torunament between japanese academys. The academys in the tournament were from all places, U.s.a., england, russia, etc. The tournament Miho refers to in the second episode is the last time the world tournament was made, in wich she made her academy lose. That's why in the final torunament the battle against the russians is before and less dangerous than the one against her sister.

So they have already conquered the biggest goal

No, no, no. I'm pretty sure they've only won the national championship. Try googleing these two and compare the results:

girls und panzer "national championship"
girls und panzer "international championship"

TvTropes explains: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/GirlsUndPanzer (find the National Stereotypes entry)

Anyway, even if it was the world championship already, they could still make it good and interesting, by exploiting personal problems. Miho is hurt and can't participate in most battles, for example, making it so the rest of the team has to learn her role. They face another school with has the same problem they just had (need to win or they are closed). It isn't all about the battles. ;)
TulicloureApr 29, 2013 12:31 PM
Apr 29, 2013 2:20 PM
Mar 2013
zenjamibu said:
The Sensha-do Tournament that happened in GuP is the 63rd National High School Sensha-Do Championship. The school that participated here are Japanese schools that have themes of a certain country. In episode 1, the student council said that the World Sensha-Do championship will be held in Japan in a few year that's why The Ministry of Education and Culture are requesting all Japanese High schools and Colleges to bolster their Sensha-do programs in preparation of the World Championships.

Um, if thats true then the serie did a bad job of explaining that, if explaining it at all. Thats a bad point for the serie, but alas, then it's totally possible to do a seasson 2 with the international championship as goal.
Apr 29, 2013 4:47 PM

Nov 2008
kukuruyo said:
zenjamibu said:

Um, if thats true then the serie did a bad job of explaining that, if explaining it at all. Thats a bad point for the serie, but alas, then it's totally possible to do a seasson 2 with the international championship as goal.

There is even another type of Senshado battle that is mentioned and demonstrated in the series. And it is the Wipe-out battle. Now, that's a battle I want the Ooarai underdog tanks have to face. They only won because they beat the flag tank. Most of their enemy tanks are still running.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 29, 2013 5:48 PM
Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

No, because I was on the topic of the series and film, and with that the franchise. Please just stop making yourself look even more stupid, you already achieved that by blatantly taking out the entire context of what you were replying to.

Hey, calling people stupid and retarded makes you even more stupid yourself. Stop that. That is a low blow for a self-proclaimed writer like you. Hope you enjoy the upcoming movie and OVA though.
Apr 29, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2012
kukuruyo said:
zenjamibu said:

Girls und Panzer is more of a "show don't tell" kind of explaining thing to the audience. If you didn't pay attention, you will really miss some things that would later be important.
Apr 29, 2013 8:13 PM
Oct 2012
zenjamibu said:
kukuruyo said:

Girls und Panzer is more of a "show don't tell" kind of explaining thing to the audience. If you didn't pay attention, you will really miss some things that would later be important.

True to an extent, but what makes this show superior is that they do tell, you just don't get the implication until later. For instance in the very first episode, they said that if Miho did not enter the club it was the end of the school. At the time we all thought it was just an over the top reaction by Yuzu, but as we later learned she was being deadly serious.

As for the "national" vs "international" difference. The end of the 4th episode had "national" several times. If Kukuruyo missed that, Kuku just wasn't paying attention. Nothing "show" about it. Though to be fair to Zenjamibu, Zen is generally right, this show doesn't feel the need to explain things explicitly.

As for anyone who hasn't watched this show. Watch it. There is a reason it was the biggest seller of a non established franchise this year. Swallow your preconceived notions, accept that the writer knows far more about tanks than you do so stuff that seems ridiculous actually DOES make sense, and you will discover the hidden gem of 2012.
Apr 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
zenjamibu said:
kukuruyo said:

True to an extent, but what makes this show superior is that they do tell, you just don't get the implication until later. For instance in the very first episode, they said that if Miho did not enter the club it was the end of the school. At the time we all thought it was just an over the top reaction by Yuzu, but as we later learned she was being deadly serious.

As for the "national" vs "international" difference. The end of the 4th episode had "national" several times. If Kukuruyo missed that, Kuku just wasn't paying attention. Nothing "show" about it. Though to be fair to Zenjamibu, Zen is generally right, this show doesn't feel the need to explain things explicitly.

As for anyone who hasn't watched this show. Watch it. There is a reason it was the biggest seller of a non established franchise this year. Swallow your preconceived notions, accept that the writer knows far more about tanks than you do so stuff that seems ridiculous actually DOES make sense, and you will discover the hidden gem of 2012.

Not any reference to national was in the episodes i saw, but that will be explained by the lack of quality of the spanish fansubs (since im spanish), most of them have some kind of fansub war and try to release the fansub before their rivals, with usually a poor quality to acomplish the feat.

But i have also noticed that the serie dont usually explains anything about how the shensado or the torunaments works, some of it you discover by thinking 2+2, others just are left in the air. Not that i dislike it, i usually don't like a plot that treats the audience like idiots explaining everything 5 times like in sesame street (wich actually is like 90% of animes or movies), but maybe some more clues will be apreciated xD

And i agree, GuP seems to be something ridiculous when you hear about it, even me who usually don't have strong preconceptions about animes though it will be some kind of ridiculous moe fanservice like Upotte, but i quickly fell in love with the serie.
Apr 30, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
I'm amazed this show is such a good seller. I liked it, but I found it kinda average. Seems like it didn't fail to please some warfare fans.
Apr 30, 2013 11:08 AM
Feb 2012
Oh my body is totally ready for this shit. Bring it on!!!
Apr 30, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
If cr@p a$% Strike Witches can get a movie....

BTW I liked this 12x over Strike Witches
May 1, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
broodo said:
BTW I liked this 12x over Strike Witches

What a specific number.

I loved both.

Me too! Please give me SW3, GuP2, more movies and OVAs of both! I'll watch and likely buy whatever they make from both series. Vividred Operation too for that matter...
May 2, 2013 10:37 AM

Nov 2007
A queued DB entry has been added for the new movie and OVA, for anyone who wants to add it to their list.

Movie: http://myanimelist.net/anime/18617
OVA: http://myanimelist.net/anime/18619
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
May 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
Ejc said:
A queued DB entry has been added for the new movie and OVA, for anyone who wants to add it to their list.

May 3, 2013 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
me; "slap...."
me; aawwwwwwwww,... it hurts...

Guess, I'm not dreaming

yeey
May 3, 2013 8:55 PM

Apr 2011
MOVIE!!! FUCK YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

MY DREAM CAME TRUE!!!! ^_^
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
May 4, 2013 10:45 AM
Apr 2013
Its nice to have a movie coming, but whats it going to be about?
Im going by the assumption that it will be 1,5 hours long. Thats the same as 3 or 4 episodes. 1 serious battle takes at least 2 episodes aka 30 to 45 minutes, so i think we can rule out the possibility of the movie being about another tournament. maybe it is some entrance battle they have to win to be allowed to enter one?
May 10, 2013 10:22 PM

May 2012
Ejc said:

The Anzio OVA is still not linked to the Girls und Panzer anime main page. It's now confirmed that the Anzio OVA is a seperate OVA not included in the 6 volumes of GuP BD/DVD since the 6th OVA will be entitled "Banquet War".

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_bddvd_6.html

Aside from the GuP fandisk that's scheduled to be released on September 25, 2013, a Girls und Panzer Drama CD will also be released on May 29, 2013.

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_bddvd_7.html
http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_cd.html
zenjamibuMay 10, 2013 10:31 PM
May 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
zenjamibu said:
Ejc said:

The Anzio OVA is still not linked to the Girls und Panzer anime main page.

I realised that right after I submitted the DB entries, so I submitted a further change to link the Anzio OVA with the main GaruPan entry. I also submitted character links as well to try and complete the entries more. I guess the anime DB mods haven't gotten around to finalising the entries yet or approving the change.

zenjamibu said:
It's now confirmed that the Anzio OVA is a seperate OVA not included in the 6 volumes of GuP BD/DVD since the 6th OVA will be entitled "Banquet War".

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_bddvd_6.html

That is what I assumed to be the case. As they left out the battle against Anzio from the anime, it would've been likely that the OVA would be of full episode length, as the OVAs on the original BDs are around half an episode length.

zenjamibu said:
Aside from the GuP fandisk that's scheduled to be released on September 25, 2013, a Girls und Panzer Drama CD will also be released on May 29, 2013.

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_bddvd_7.html
http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_cd.html

Interesting how they are releasing a Drama CD. I wonder at what time period in the GaruPan universe, would the story be set in? I also wonder how much it will selll... as males don't seem to be so keen for Drama CD as females are (based on earlier sales threads with Drama CD sales, etc).
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
May 10, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Interesting how they are releasing a Drama CD. I wonder at what time period in the GaruPan universe, would the story be set in?
The contents of the drama CD are:

01 It is quiz tournament!
02 It is disciplinary team!
03 It is automative!
04 It is aphorism collection of Darjeeling-sama!
05 It is Pravda vs Sauders!

Ejc said:
I also wonder how much it will selll... as males don't seem to be so keen for Drama CD as females are (based on earlier sales threads with Drama CD sales, etc).
Just the entry No.4 about Darjeeling-sama is enough to send a lot of presumably male fans to clamor for the Drama CD.

Drama CD cover:

symbvMay 11, 2013 12:10 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.