Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2008 2:14 AM
Oct 2007
Some spoilers for people that didn't watch ep 11 ahead.

After watching episode 11 this is what I can tell you. I expected a good plot anime with some good gore and maybe a really good finale. What we got:

You can see that the plot is shit now. Instead of being a seinen this is definitely a shounen. It's a seinen trap. This is in my opinion the worst part about the show, but there's more.

I don't know anything about it since I haven't played the game but you should read NitroPlus's review: http://myanimelist.net/showreview.php?id=9214. By finally understanding the plot I feel that there are a lot of holes. Why? Because there wasn't enough development. Chaos Head should've been a 24-26 ep anime.

Just so freaking disappointed... Also very disappointed on Mad House.

tl;dr: Shounen, not seinen. Not enough development. Disappointment.

ps: I am pretty sure that this will have a stupid shounen finale but I dare to make this assumptions because if Chaos Head proves me wrong then I'll be happy to have watched it, but I just don't think that's going to happen.
Dec 29, 2008 12:08 PM
Nov 2008
You have my full agreement on this.
Dec 29, 2008 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
Watching chaos head made me feel like I was watching a normal anime, but only watching one out of every four episodes.
Dec 30, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
it wasn't supposed to end like that D:

I thought for sure they'd do the A ending but they did the AA ending. ugh.
Dec 31, 2008 1:01 PM
Oct 2007
And it happened. I've wasted my time.
Dec 31, 2008 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
Giant swords + pink hair = you expected seinen? Eh?
Dec 31, 2008 1:43 PM
Oct 2007
Plate said:
Giant swords + pink hair = you expected seinen? Eh?

I expected something like Higurashi or something decent and in the end all I got was a stupid shounen.
Dec 31, 2008 2:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Metro said:
I expected something like Higurashi or something decent and in the end all I got was a stupid shounen.

In the early episodes it felt like it was trying to be some... twisted, modernized version of Higurashi. Failed horribly.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 31, 2008 4:43 PM
Dec 2007
cyruz said:
Metro said:

In the early episodes it felt like it was trying to be some... twisted, modernized version of Higurashi. Failed horribly.
Indeed. Well, shounen wouldn't have been terribly bad IF they hadn't pulled so much crap. Suddenly the Otaku coward who always hides in the corner decided to be the hero.... because of a girl who suddenly showed up one day. Ugh, there wasn't even much entertainment as a whole and all those cutesy voices where already cringe-worthy.

Jan 7, 2009 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Some thing like the OP. I couldn't get into chaos;HEAD. It felt a little distancing and pg-13. what ever happened to the most violent of scenes actually 'happening' in front of you. I think that was the guilty pleasure of boogiepop phantom.

I wish I could've played the game, maybe increase my disappointment in the series more.
Jan 7, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
Play the game. Don't read people's reviews of it and don't read about the plot. This anime was horrible. The game was NOT a shounen. At all. I have no idea what the writers of this anime were thinking. They left out the best stuff and added horribly and random crap that doesn't feel like Chaos;Head at all. I am so glad I played the game first before this anime fell. And it fell hard.

I'd rate this anime overall a 3/10
I'd rate the game a 9/10 or a 10/10

It's that big of a difference.
I'm SERIOUS.

Go get the Anti-fail version of the patch and play it.
Get the AA ending. The one done here. It's better.
Then get the B arc/ending.
I'm serious.
You will love it.
Jan 7, 2009 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
I really thought this is also like Higurashi but..as cyruz said..it failed.

The ending episodes' progression were total shit. If it wasn't for the character design and the Di-Swords, I would bring it down to 5 or 6 (I have my own rating..again)

I'll try to play the game but I don't have a place where I can play it ^^

Oct 13, 2009 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
I really liked the anime. Its a different for a harem.
Nov 8, 2009 5:46 AM

Jul 2009
well,the anime was not bad
the story is bad
but i totally love the weapons designed
Nov 15, 2009 4:54 AM

Sep 2008
I thought this anime was great. It had some parts I thought were really cool. Like the higurashi-ish ones. Of course the anime didn't work out but I liked it overall just because it's first 6 or 7 episodes really kept me entertained.
Dec 28, 2009 4:34 PM

Jun 2009
Anti-Existence said:
Play the game. Don't read people's reviews of it and don't read about the plot. This anime was horrible. The game was NOT a shounen. At all. I have no idea what the writers of this anime were thinking. They left out the best stuff and added horribly and random crap that doesn't feel like Chaos;Head at all. I am so glad I played the game first before this anime fell. And it fell hard.

I'd rate this anime overall a 3/10
I'd rate the game a 9/10 or a 10/10

It's that big of a difference.
I'm SERIOUS.

Go get the Anti-fail version of the patch and play it.
Get the AA ending. The one done here. It's better.
Then get the B arc/ending.
I'm serious.
You will love it.

I played the game before watching the anime. I found both to be a disappointment. The anime was worse as it made the plot twists too obvious and censoring the violent parts was just stupid. But the VN was bad because it completely changed the formula halfway through. When I started reading the VN I was excited as it felt like I was in for a great psychological horror. But once Di-swords came into it the new gene murders(Which were the most interesting part of the game) became completely irrelevant. The story just went down the drain. It became a plot hole filled standard anime plot.

Big question. If Shogun had enough power to bring a human being into existence then why didn't he just imagine that he never invented the formula NR2? That would have stopped everything!

Overall. The anime 2/10
The visual novel 4/10.
Both horrible disappointments.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.