Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
In your opinion the end is
Apr 21, 2013 9:43 AM

Jan 2012
I don`t know how people could defend Ame , I mean com on guys every child grow up then choose his own path in life but does that mean he/she abandon his/her family and parent ?!
specially in their case because their mother worked hard as twice as a normal mother .
he could have at least carry her to the home , warm her up and put her in her bed instead of letting her spend the night in the forest surrounded by animals ,the typhoon and coldness . he even put her on the street in the morning !!!!!
for me I call that DISRESPECT , SELFISHNESS and CRUELTY .
a family are people to find around you when you are lonely or in need.
the first part was so touching but the second part ruin the whole thing it was cruel , sad and empty !!!!
Hana is a truly great mother but her kids are just selfish !
KaGi-13Apr 21, 2013 10:41 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2013 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
Well Ame is a wolf, and as Ookami told Hana that he already choose his path, hana couldn't do anything about that, and Ame still loves his mother and sister more than anything, but he and Hana knows that sometimes you have to let go.
May 6, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2008
Do you think it was an easy decision for him to make? Both the children made choices, and he chose to live as a wolf, it probably felt more natural to him than being human. Can you imagine if you were a wolf, what it would feel like constantly having to blend into human society? His sister decided that that was what she wanted to do i.e. blend in forever but for Ame that was something he simply couldn't do, think of all his problems growing up (not wanting to go to school etc).

I don't think it was a bad decision at all, it's sad that he won't get to see his mother but his sister left for Boarding school too, essentially the mother's job was over she had raised her children to live their lives to the fullest, when she yelled "Shikari Ikite" at Ame when he started howling, it was such an amazing moment.
May 6, 2013 6:12 AM
Sep 2012
Spending one night in the forest drenched in rain, and surrounded by your son's animal friends so that you will not die is easier than a wolf trying to adapt in a world that it knows from the start would not work.
May 9, 2013 10:17 AM

Aug 2011
I think you need to stop looking at it from your perspective of how society works. They are not normal human beings; they are special and different i.e. they are werewolves. Their choices and decisions are not the same as yours. When Yuki was born, her parents were talking about how they wanted her to become anything in the world that she wanted. It's hard enough for parents to be so supportive in our world. It's also difficult for parents to let go of their children. But Hana wanted her children to be free to make their own decisions, no matter how hard it was for them not to be together.
May 11, 2013 8:02 PM
Jun 2007
It's good for him; bad for you. Ame is half human, half wolf. You can't expect him to choose humanity as if it was given.
May 11, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2010
The movie's ending pissed me off.
May 11, 2013 9:27 PM

Feb 2012
Ame was a typical outcast kid. He was an asshole to his mother, but the story is about parenting and the ending is realistic.
May 15, 2013 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
Gosh, I'm still crying because of the end. I think it was the most horrible thing that he just brought her to the parking lot and left, if I was Hana, I would've spent the rest of my life crying about the loss of my son. I mean it'd be a different thing if the end showed that he still comes back sometimes, but well, I hate the ending.
So you say you're under a curse? So what? So's the whole damn world. - Jigo
Jun 18, 2013 9:31 AM
May 2012
Pknoctis said:
The movie's ending pissed me off.
Jun 28, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2012
the ending is awesome.. I say it is awesome because it is a happy good ending...

and about ame's action.. honestly, I was thinking WTF is this guy want? well.. at last dont leave your mom like that.. honestly I think he is stupid -_-
Jun 28, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 2008
This actually shows a few flaws in the way Yuki and Ame were raised. Not to discredit Hana, couse she was awesome and strong, but also, a bit too soft at times.

I mean, I get that he's a wolf and whatnot, and he feels the need to live in the woods, but you have to think a bit further ahead. How does Hana explains the sudden disappearance of Ame to the neighbors? If I were his mother and he would pull this prank on me he would be chained to house and that would be it for his mountains adventures. Hell, he would be grounded till 18. If after all that time he would still want to live in the woods - be my guest.

On that note these kids would get an epic scolding after that fight in the house. Followed by looong lecture about responsibilities and brotherhood. I would make them clean all that mess and not be all like "my poor kids having problems with choices in their lives". Aaw, hell no, I would all like "do you know how much time did I spend repairing this house? Now get your wolf ass here and clean or I swear to you, the next time you go out with your friends will be when you're 16!".
Jul 1, 2013 3:59 AM
Mar 2011
Ame had chosen his path and he had reached the age where he could become independent as a wolf. Although it's extremely difficult to let someone dear to you go, it was what he wanted, and props to Hana for being such a great mother and respecting Ame's decision. The thing that pissed me off a bit was that Ame left Hana out in the parking lot-as oppose to dropping her off at the house-even after finding her in the condition she was in the mountains. One could say that Ame would cause concern and disturbance to those living around the area of the house if he were to drop Hana off at the house, but imo it would have still prevented any doubt that Ame cares about his mom and the potential consequences do not necessarily outweigh providing the last bit of care for Hana
Jul 1, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
He made the right choice, but handled it the wrong way in my opinion. Like you said, he didn't have to leave her on the street etc. He also could have talked it out with Hana but perhaps he thought it wouldn't work, which is reasonable.

Overall, bittersweet but he made the "right" choice.
Jul 8, 2013 2:58 PM

Jun 2011
Personally, i didn't like Ame's decision..
but Overall, i liked the ending.
Jul 9, 2013 1:43 AM
Apr 2013
Like father like son.
Jul 13, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2010
im really not sure on this. i wanna say he made a bad decision, but that can only be said under human circumstances. he's a wolf, surprisingly, he chose that after half of his life in the beginning was spent in fear. even if he tried to make friends, they would either leave him or take advantage of him. a very antisocial kid, but with good reason.

Aug 3, 2013 9:15 PM
Mar 2011
it was really tough to stomach the ending.
i can't help but feel bad for hana. she's been widowed, in her early to mid thirties, and stuck living on a mountain all alone. i didn't understand what the author was trying to do by having yuki leave home and live in a dorm as a MIDDLE SCHOOLER. to the very least, she should have been given some sort of support and comfort by yuki, at least until she entered high school (she was just abandoned by her son! who coincidentally was a spitting image of the father)...i understand the different interpretations and messages that viewers can take away from this, but for me, i can't overlook the fact that Hana's entire world has been turned upside down, with very little to show for her efforts. Her comfortable life in the city as a university student, most likely with dreams of her own, were completely taken away from her. The person she sacrificed this for was promptly also taken away from her. I'd understand if what she went through was reciprocated by her being able to enjoy the comfort of her children for the rest of her life, but she wasn't even able to have this.
for those who are saying that this was a realistic ending, i'd argue that it'd be more realistic if she faced psychological problems living in a large, empty home in the middle of nowhere by herself, as she does her best to try and remember and understand what her 10+ years of hard work and sacrifice ultimately meant to her.
i just feel that there were too many injustices done to such a lovable character for this story to have the plaudits it's been given.
Aug 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
You know how Hana slips while chiding Ame, where she nearly called him a human but realized that he really isn't? That's why the ending is absolutely perfect. She realized that grasping for answers to how to raise a wolf child was wrong and all she had to do was be a mother. That acceptance was the completion to all her hard work as a mother, be it with Ame or Yuki.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Aug 6, 2013 3:00 AM
Mar 2011
I see what you're saying, but it also seems as if the author took the easy way out, in making one child decide to live as a human, and the other to live the life of a wolf. Through my experience as a dual citizen, I've lived with persecution as well as love. At no point though did I decide to live the life abiding by one culture and one culture only. I feel that the children left her care without ever seeing the beauty in being able to fully embrace both sides of themselves; it really gives me a bad after-taste seeing how each child fails to accept themselves in their entirety. And I place great emphasis on "child" because they're both still young enough to learn this and feel this, and I believe that the comfort and neutrality of their mother may have very well helped them through this process of acceptance.
Of course, I fully understand that being half-wolf and half (enter country) are completely different things, but in a society full of racism and persecution, I believe that comparisons can be made with regards to what the children may have experienced. I believe that Hana's role as a mother with two "half-children" (not one wolf and one human) was never given a chance to properly end because they both left her so early.
Aug 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
I can't accept this ;'(
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Aug 10, 2013 1:19 PM
May 2012
The ending, was disappointing for me. Yuki was fine. Ame's actions pissed me off. Well I understood where his deciscion was coming from,but atleast he could of done more for his mother. Still This movie really touched me.

Aug 19, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2013
zuziako said:
This actually shows a few flaws in the way Yuki and Ame were raised. Not to discredit Hana, couse she was awesome and strong, but also, a bit too soft at times.

I mean, I get that he's a wolf and whatnot, and he feels the need to live in the woods, but you have to think a bit further ahead. How does Hana explains the sudden disappearance of Ame to the neighbors? If I were his mother and he would pull this prank on me he would be chained to house and that would be it for his mountains adventures. Hell, he would be grounded till 18. If after all that time he would still want to live in the woods - be my guest.

On that note these kids would get an epic scolding after that fight in the house. Followed by looong lecture about responsibilities and brotherhood. I would make them clean all that mess and not be all like "my poor kids having problems with choices in their lives". Aaw, hell no, I would all like "do you know how much time did I spend repairing this house? Now get your wolf ass here and clean or I swear to you, the next time you go out with your friends will be when you're 16!".

THEY ARE PART WOLF ERMERGERD IT'S DIFFERENT.
They most likely age more rapidly mentally.
Aug 21, 2013 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
HandSonicvI said:
zuziako said:

THEY ARE PART WOLF ERMERGERD IT'S DIFFERENT.
They most likely age more rapidly mentally.

So because they can transform into a wolf they might as well also grow different mentally? As far is we could tell, they were normal kids who could be more dangerous if they get angry, as was shown.

Ame's decision is one that would come eventually given his social skills but it came too soon.

In the end, like Yuki, who will now most likely live a normal life but will have to tell her loved ones that she can transform and who will probably visit her mother from time to time, it would have been nice to know that besides some howling he would actually visit his mother once in a while, ya know, like once a month or something, showing that he still hasn't forgotten what she did for him and that he is still human.
Aug 29, 2013 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
At the end of the movie, Ame is an adult, as her father tells Hana when she's dreaming. He's an adult "wolfly" speaking.

reaper_unique said:
In the end, like Yuki, who will now most likely live a normal life but will have to tell her loved ones that she can transform and who will probably visit her mother from time to time, it would have been nice to know that besides some howling he would actually visit his mother once in a while, ya know, like once a month or something, showing that he still hasn't forgotten what she did for him and that he is still human.
He's a wolf, what you describe is a human behavior: "Give a call to your mom for christmas, come for the new year, and don't forget to bring some candies"? Could you please all grow up a bit and stop crying for an happy ending, or what you think is, each and every time? Let the goddamn Ame be a wolf and play in the mountains.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Oct 24, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
If Ame blended in like Yuki, I would have liked the ending better...
Oct 26, 2013 12:04 AM
May 2013
The ending was not satisfying but it was realistic. Come to think, every person grows up, leave their family and choose their own path. It's something that can never be changed. I left home when I was 15 and came to America, I have never think about the whole in this way. From the mother's point of view, I can now understand how difficult it was for my mom to let me go.
Also, it's not like Ame abandoned his mother, he just left and live his own life. So, I think this movie integrated this concept in a really interesting way. And for that and my resonant feeling, I give it a thumps up.
Nov 15, 2013 7:35 AM

Jun 2011
^ He could've come home once in a while, but he didn't. He did not abandon his mother, but he wasn't doing anything better than that either.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 16, 2013 8:59 AM
Apr 2012
It's sad how underappreciated Hana was by her children, but its nothing special. We all appreciate what our parents have done for us, especially when we are young and yet be matured enough to understand. But I am sure that, deep down, Ame would never forget his mother, at least his human side wouldn't. That being said, we musn't forget the influences of their wolf side.

As animals, they are drawn by instinct. It is instinct that drove the father to try and catch the bird, resulting in his death. It is instinct that drove Ame to leave the house, after he felt compelled to take on the role of the Master. As for the way Ame, Yuki, and the Father behaved, well, everyone makes mistakes, may it be human or animal. Everyone did the best they could, given the circumstances.

As such, I appreciate the way things happened. It is more "realistic" this way. As for what someone mentioned before, that neither Ame or Yuki wanted to associate themselves as being both human and wolf. I think thats not true. In their own way, they did embrace their mixed origins: Yuki showed her wolf side to the boy, which could be taken as a sign of her finally accepting herself. As for Ame, he did show signs of caring for his mother, and even sadness that he had to leave.

In essence, the wolf children decided for themselves what they wanted to be, while still retaining some fragment of their "other side". As for why they both had to choose two different things, I guess what the director wanted to do was show the two sides of being a werewolf.

Damn... ended up writing too much...

tl;dr read if you want, if not move along...
Nov 27, 2013 4:55 AM

Mar 2009
As a whole, I loved the movie, I just finished watching it.
However, like a lot of people I'm ok with Ame's choice, but not happy with his treatment of his mother.
I realize he's a wolf.
However she drove herself to the brink of making herself ill, she worked so hard for those children. Yuki I have no problem with- and it's not that she chose to be human. I actually like most animals (wolves included) better than a lot of humans I know.
That being said, he likely knew she was injured in the woods, hell, he probably even knew she fell or even may have seen it.... he could have gotten to her sooner, it's a miracle a bear or something didn't injure or kill her.
I couldn't tell what parking lot that was.
Was it the school?
Or a hospital?
Or some place else?
I would think, that with the way she fell, the way she hit some of those trees, that she might have internal bleeding.
At least once I saw her land on a tree, mid-section first and that had to be a massive amount of force, it's not realistic for her to be standing after that- though I know wolf-people aren't realistic, they did try to have a balance- they should have been more careful with that.
Anyway, if they'd shown that he'd left her at a hospital it would sit better with me. But I'm assuming that's not the case.
It's most likely that it was the school.
I can to a point understand him, but his treatment of his mother was horrible IMO - he could have still gone ferrel like he wanted after helping her sooner.
Jan 12, 2014 7:51 AM
Sep 2013
You could say that Ame instead placed her mother in the parking lot as it has the best view of the mountain. Ame may have wanted to put more emphasis on his decision.

As to what occurred in the forest, Ame's at fault. By all means Ame could have handled things better--especially while under a master.
Feb 7, 2014 5:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think people are really missing the point here. Ame. despite his human upbringing grew up to be a wolf and acted as such. His decision was not based on human morals or conventions. Of course he loves his mother, but as a young wolf (and a male one at that) he's not quiet aware of the enormous sacrifices his mother had to endure on his behalf. In any case in the end, he leaves life as a human, not so much his mother. Hana understands that which is why she can smile when he leaves.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 15, 2014 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
i dont really get his actions, he says he doesnt want to end up lonely like that wolf in the cage but then he decides to live by himself and leave his family
Mar 2, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2008
Ame is a douche through and through. No goodbyes no signs of appreciation whatsoever. Many people seem to forget that he tried to kill his sister in that one scene... and don't give the bullcrap that he was playing around... he wasn't.
Apr 9, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2012
I found the ending pretty shitty, mostly because of Yuki's narration. Throughout the whole movie it seemed like something monumental was going to happen. But nothing happened. It was quite the let down actually. Overall the movie was good but if it had an extra hour it'd probably be better.

I liked the artstyle though. It reminded me of summer wars and the girl who leapt through time.

Wow I didn't know so many people were butthurt over the ending.

irrols said:
He's a wolf, what you describe is a human behavior: "Give a call to your mom for christmas, come for the new year, and don't forget to bring some candies"? Could you please all grow up a bit and stop crying for an happy ending, or what you think is, each and every time? Let the goddamn Ame be a wolf and play in the mountains.
This sums up my thoughts on the whole issue.
Sol_OuApr 9, 2014 3:47 PM
Apr 11, 2014 1:48 AM
Jan 2014
i voted for bad but idk i just dont like it. unless he would at least visit his mother i hope. honestly, yes he has his own choise but he need to take care for his mother instead of leaving her just like that after what she has done to him :/
kurosai16Apr 11, 2014 2:20 AM
Apr 11, 2014 4:09 PM
Dec 2012
Ame is an asshole. I mean when he was younger he was a typical shy/cute kid but as he got older he seem to care nothing about his mother. I'm not really angry at the fact that he went off to the mountain. I'm angry at the fact that he just doesnt seem to care about his mother, for example, when his mother was putting on the wood protector for the windows, he just stood there and watched like a dumb kid. Also, I doubt he even visits his mother after he left for the mountain.
Oct 1, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the movie, but I feel a bit depressed that after all Hana has done, she's still alone in that mountain. Wish they showed her children visiting from time to time or some extra scenes during the credits. ]:
Oct 18, 2014 11:25 PM

Jun 2013
At the very beginning, I don't expect a mega-shocking or super-happy ending, it is a slice of life movie after all and it's ended just like a slice of life should be. I wowed at Ame's action caused shitstorm. People seems to forget that he's also a wolf. An A-hole wolf. 7/10 overall.
Oct 19, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2013
So many people here completely missed the point.

As others have explained, Ame is an adult wolf, and his actions can't be judged based on our own values. This is meant to symbolize how a parent has to accept his son's decisions in life, even when they clearly go against his/her desires and expectations as a parent; this is only possible, however, if the parent believes that he/she has done a good job raising their children.

Hana trying to take back Ame is an act of selfishness and insecurity on her part, because she fears that she didn't raise him properly, and that Ame running away is her fault. It's only when she remembers about her husband that she finally realizes that she has already done everything she could for her children, and it's time for them to walk their own path.

In the end, the only thing that parents can wish for is their children's happiness. Hana fully embraces this mindset, and while we may feel that she was abandoned by Ame and Yuki, the only thing Hana feels is satisfaction, since her incredible efforts paid off in the end, and she's content with living a relaxing life in the countryside.

One can argue that Hana is too perfect as a character, but that would be off-topic.
Nov 12, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
He had sensed the coming storm, the danger to their home, the school, to Yuki, but the forest called to him. Mother would struggle with his choice, so he left without word or warning. But now, having tracked her scent down a treacherous slope, he found her body. Lifeless. She had feared for him. Followed him. Ignored the danger facing her first-born. Cast caution to the wind to find him. To no avail.

Resting by his mother’s corpse, Ame whimpered and howled. If only he’d bothered to properly tell Yuki of the dangerous storm. If only he’d put an ounce of effort into explaining the importance of his chosen path to mother. If only he hadn’t abandoned mother in the middle of the storm with little indication of his action or intent. Alas, he had chosen to be a wolf, and so a lone wolf he shall be.

As if on cue, J. Walter Weatherman materialised next to the lone pup to deliver his sage advice…
“… AND THAT’S WHY YOU ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE…”
KurisukoNov 12, 2014 11:11 PM
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait.
Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope.
Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell.

But alas, my life has now ended, my story unwritten...
Nov 14, 2014 6:30 PM

Feb 2014
He matured to a grown wolf beside he didnt act like a kid his age. He was alone and he knew he didnt fit in. Also his sister wanted to live as human when she realized she cant just act like one but she must be one i think I'm confused. Perfect ending for me.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Nov 26, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
The ending was good. I just wish Ame would have talked to his mom before leaving, and maybe visit her. I think the reason Hana ended up staying in the mountain was because she always hoped he'd come visit or something.

Either way every time I watch this it begins to rain.
May 23, 2015 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
Oh Ame's an ass. It's as simple as that. People defending him say that he did what he did be cause he's a wolf, but the fact is he is also a human. He can do all the wolf stuffs on the mountain without being a total selfish dick to his mom and sis.

Also I detest the fact that the movie did not explain very well why he chose to be a wolf. I mean after falling in the river he should have PTSD or something, instead he became more animal? than ever...
I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
Jun 18, 2015 5:17 AM

Nov 2013
Lollo36 said:
So many people here completely missed the point.

As others have explained, Ame is an adult wolf, and his actions can't be judged based on our own values. This is meant to symbolize how a parent has to accept his son's decisions in life, even when they clearly go against his/her desires and expectations as a parent; this is only possible, however, if the parent believes that he/she has done a good job raising their children.

Hana trying to take back Ame is an act of selfishness and insecurity on her part, because she fears that she didn't raise him properly, and that Ame running away is her fault. It's only when she remembers about her husband that she finally realizes that she has already done everything she could for her children, and it's time for them to walk their own path.

In the end, the only thing that parents can wish for is their children's happiness. Hana fully embraces this mindset, and while we may feel that she was abandoned by Ame and Yuki, the only thing Hana feels is satisfaction, since her incredible efforts paid off in the end, and she's content with living a relaxing life in the countryside.

One can argue that Hana is too perfect as a character, but that would be off-topic.

Although you make a strong point, I don't like how Ame handled it. He abandoned Hana and Yuki. Yuki clearly showed emotions and compassion so Ame was very likely to be able to understand human emotions as well. The last thing he said to Yuki was to stay with their mother that day. What he did wasn't leaving his nest, he abandoned his family. Sure he was going to follow his own path, but this wasn't the social way to do it.
Aug 5, 2015 7:50 PM
May 2015
I think what Ame did was incredibly selfish, but I also think it's completely fine for a character to be selfish. The ending certainly didn't ruin the movie for me, no matter how bad I felt for Hana's complete emptiness afterwards. It would have been something if they showed she still had a fulfilling life in the community as a concession, but that was just cold.

I think the issue with the dichotomy here is that Yuki was able to accept the part of herself that she didn't want to be, whereas Ame just threw it away with no idea who he was leaving behind. That's why I call it selfish. His desire to help the ecosystem (which was not adequately conveyed by the movie) could have been tempered by still wishing to be with his mother. That was never addressed though, and we're supposed to assume that all those feelings are irrelevant.

I may have made that sound a bit angrier than I was. As I said, it's more than acceptable for characters to be selfish or ruin one's happiness and still have empathy for them. I simply wish they put more support behind periphery elements of the film, rather than just creating characters to slab an ounce of realism into it.
Aug 30, 2015 6:52 AM

Jan 2015
I think Ame's actions do appear to be selfish on the surface of it, but I don't really think that forcing him to remain a human while he wanted to go out and be a wolf would be fair to him either. Yuki made her choice and he made his.

Of course it was hard on Hana and she was lonely at the end. Even though she still had the villagers and of course Yuki could visit periodically, all her sacrifice cultivated to nothing for her. The only solace she could have was being happy about the fact that her children were getting to do what they wanted.

Sep 29, 2015 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
aasgo123 said:
I think Ame's actions do appear to be selfish on the surface of it, but I don't really think that forcing him to remain a human while he wanted to go out and be a wolf would be fair to him either. Yuki made her choice and he made his.

Of course it was hard on Hana and she was lonely at the end. Even though she still had the villagers and of course Yuki could visit periodically, all her sacrifice cultivated to nothing for her. The only solace she could have was being happy about the fact that her children were getting to do what they wanted.

But that's the whole essence of the mother's love that this film portrays. Her happiness is the happiness of her children. She invested so much time because they were her beloved children and the film never portrayed her children's respective yet dichotomous decisions as something that made her unhappy. In fact, she was overjoyed that not only did she succeed as a parent and a single parent at that, she was able to provide a future for both her children - both as a human and a wolf despite her not being the latter.
Sep 30, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2015
I actually liked it, after some thinking. First I was like NOO WHAT THE HECK WOMAN but then I realized it was beautiful and touching. I did cry, but I almost cried trough the entire film, it was so moving.
So, the ending as it was, fit to the movie, the plot and the feeling of everything in this film. The kids had to choose, live as humans or wolves. Ame made the decision that felt right to his heart, as did Yuki when deciding to live as a human. We are all different and we have to make our own decisions, by listening to our hearts. That's what this ending was all about.
And since Hana staid in that house, Ame can maybe visit him and he's still staying close. He still loves his mother as much as she loves him.
I live to anime, chocolate and strawberries!!!
Dec 28, 2015 1:24 AM

Aug 2009
He could have become a ranger and do wolf stuff on the side.

It was also ridiculous that he did not bother to visit his mother after his departure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

11 by haidz0000 »»
Yesterday, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gtr06 - Jul 24, 2012

420 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 13, 4:07 PM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Why does this anime have a PG - Children rating?

johnyjohny - May 13, 2016

8 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.