Forum Settings
Forums

Just wanted to say "Thanks" MyAnimeList.net

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 20, 2013 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
congratulations *evangelion style*
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 20, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:
At any rate, LOOK AT MY SIG.
Too bad it's already going downhill in adapting the manga...
How is that?
The tone is completely different.

The reason I'm not watching the anime is because I figured that people are not capable of creating the appropriate tension from the manga in these days of fast food anime.
Apr 20, 2013 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
paper-dreams said:
FastWheels said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:

I know right, I mean have you seen the opening? The animation is shit! And, its so stupid!

Here, a new version... which isn't really better.
This is actually better than the anime OP.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 20, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2010
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:
How is that?
The tone is completely different. Relationships between characters are different, especially between Mikasa and Eren. It seems too lighthearted for a post-apocalyptic anime. I could (but won't) write paragraphs about the anime, but this isn't the right place for it. But this is only 3 episodes of a 2 cour show. I won't hold it against the series. We'll see where it heads.
The tone doesn't seem any different, they just added the training arc earlier. And I don't see how the relationship between Mikasa and Eren has changed and like you said it's only been 3 episodes.
Apr 20, 2013 8:28 PM

Oct 2009
OP
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 20, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2009
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:
How is that?
The tone is completely different. Relationships between characters are different, especially between Mikasa and Eren. It seems too lighthearted for a post-apocalyptic anime. I could (but won't) write paragraphs about the anime, but this isn't the right place for it. But this is only 3 episodes of a 2 cour show. I won't hold it against the series. We'll see where it heads.

I disagree. I found the first two episodes to be pretty intense, the 3rd one not so much but it's next to impossible to keep the same tone that long. I have not read the manga, however, so I don't know how it is as an adaptation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2012
General summary of SnK:

"We shall see in the later episodes."

—Everyone

OP, I hope you're happy it somehow derailed itself. Congratulations for doing that.
Apr 20, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:
How is that?
The tone doesn't seem any different, they just added the training arc earlier. And I don't see how the relationship between Mikasa and Eren has changed and like you said it's only been 3 episodes.
Well, if you want me to elaborate about the relationship between Mikasa and Eren, I'll say that the anime doesn't manage to depict Eren's resentment for Mikasa in the training arc and how he hates how she babies him. I'll let pictures speak for me on this case.

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000031.png

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000032.png

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3797/18539088.png

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/282/91742937.png

The tone... Well, this might just be my opinion, but it all seems over-dramatized. I'm not going to call it melodramatic, but just more than there needs to be. Sometimes less is more.
HolybaptiserApr 20, 2013 8:39 PM

Apr 20, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2010
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
MellowJello said:
How is that?
Well, if you want me to elaborate about the relationship between Mikasa and Eren, I'll say that the anime doesn't manage to depict Eren's resentment for Mikasa in the training arc and how he hates how she babies him. I'll let pictures speak for me on this case.

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000031.png

http://eu.batoto.net/comics/2012/03/10/s/read4f5ba711e3e35/img000032.png

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3797/18539088.png

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/282/91742937.png

The tone... Well, this might just be my opinion, but it all seems over-dramatized. I'm not going to call it melodramatic, but just more than there needs to be. Sometimes less is more.
Hmmm well it sounds like you're talking about the art, how he looks like he has a slight smile in the anime compared to being kind of scared looking in the manga? Then I agree that it's a little different, but it didn't take anything away from the scene and definitely not the episode.

Or are you talking about how the words are different? In those manga pages she talked about how he didn't have to stay close to her anymore and the anime says how he gets to stay with her. I think the translation is off on one of those.
Apr 20, 2013 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
Watch this OP and thank me later:

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 20, 2013 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hmmm well it sounds like you're talking about the art, how he looks like he has a slight smile in the anime compared to being kind of scared looking in the manga? Then I agree that it's a little different, but it didn't take anything away from the scene and definitely not the episode.

Or are you talking about how the words are different? In those manga pages she talked about how he didn't have to stay close to her anymore and the anime says how he gets to stay with her. I think the translation is off on one of those.
It was what Mikasa said. It could very well be the translation, but I doubt it due to the difference in her facial expressions between the manga and anime version, even though that is not something that you can hold into account with 100% certainty. I'm going to give it a few days and check out a different sub group's version to see if it's any different.

Apr 20, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
VictorVonDoom said:
You're welcome. Congratulations MAL.

I LedOL at that. So many comments, all saying the same thing.. Did the uploader really approve 3000+ of the same comment?
Apr 20, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 2012
Barktooth said:
VictorVonDoom said:

I LedOL at that. So many comments, all saying the same thing.. Did the uploader really approve 3000+ of the same comment?

Yeah I think he did, although I didn't really check if all 3000+ comments said "Congratulations," I gave up after 2 or 3 mins of scrolling.
Apr 20, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Holybaptiser said:
IntroverTurtle said:

It was what Mikasa said. It could very well be the translation, but I doubt it due to the difference in her facial expressions between the manga and anime version, even though that is not something that you can hold into account with 100% certainty. I'm going to give it a few days and check out a different sub group's version to see if it's any different.
Ok, well the art in the manga was odd, I wouldn't be surprised if there are other instances of them being a little different. Though the anime changing the message to the exact opposite would be weird, I'm mostly siding with the anime because it's easier to translate through listening and the manga had all those added little localizations.

Yeah and wait a couple episodes, anyways this isn't the place for this. See you in the SnK board one of these days.
Apr 20, 2013 9:50 PM

Oct 2009
VictorVonDoom said:
Barktooth said:
VictorVonDoom said:

Yeah I think he did, although I didn't really check if all 3000+ comments said "Congratulations," I gave up after 2 or 3 mins of scrolling.

Not all, some of them are "congratulations" in penguin language.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 20, 2013 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
Don't thank yet, in a few weeks you'll be raging.
Apr 20, 2013 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
MellowJello said:
Holybaptiser said:
Great. Another idiot joined this site.
Well, at least he's showing his appreciation.

Thanks. Now I know I won't have to check nyaa; I can just look at one of your posts to tell if the latest episode is out :P

Meh.. not hard to remember the title for this. Checking if Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. is out or not, though, is a different matter.
Apr 20, 2013 10:46 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I'm glad to hear you like the site and that it helps you finding more anime. But please read the rules next time before creating a new thread. You can find them as sticky threads in each board. As you can see, this thread turned into spam thread and discussion thread about things completely irrelevant to your post, because your post didn't encourage any real discussion. You can also try out the blog feature for these kind of posts.

Thread locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

17 by 707supremacist »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 12 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

8 by mshfqtny »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.