Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 14, 2013 9:21 AM
Feb 2013
Zee530 said:
'Twas a nice arc, but i liked Yorknew better, manga readers have been hyping CA arc since yorknew, i hope it lives up to expectations.

I hope we get to see Bisky again...i hope we see Killua real soon.

Different theme, but I honestly enjoy Chimera Ant arc a tad bit more than Yorkshin arc. Both are still comparably good.
Apr 14, 2013 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
to rob them. Gon and Killua are like "Who the hell are these losers?" Dwun was pretty funny too, oops I mean Wdwune

Mod Edit: No spoilers.
LunaApr 15, 2013 12:24 AM
Apr 14, 2013 9:31 AM

Feb 2012
Vesperlynd said:

Could someone please tell me, how "dark" is the Chimera Ant Ac really? Is it at a similar level to something like Blood+, Gantz or is there more serious gore and violence? I.e. reasonably palatable graphic violence or is it borderline abhorrent? I just don't know what to expect and would rather not be underwhelmed if it's - you know - actually fine as opposed to completely full on, which is the impression I get from some people. Thanks

Dark as in gore and themes and atmosphere: there's a serious level of hopelessness, cruelty and insanity in the beginning of the arc...that freak out most of the readers at that time. The anime probably won't be able to capture that sense...because...well Togashi is just a master at this. I won't expect any director to come close to how he portrayed the cruelty.

Once the arc settled in (as in our Heroes regrouped and form a plan) it's gotten less dark. There's hope! There's training! Then toward the end it had another dark turn where our heroes had to deal with some horrible dark emotions. It's not a pleasant nor 'cool' arc at all. It's just...mostly disturbing and heartbreaking. Phantom Troupe arc is 'cool', while Chimera Ant is a 'nightmare'.
Apr 14, 2013 9:47 AM
Apr 2013
5/5 amazing episode, cant wait for next arc.

does anyone know how many eps this will be??
Apr 14, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
HunterxKillua said:
5/5 amazing episode, cant wait for next arc.

does anyone know how many eps this will be??

the next arc? or the series itself?
The next arc will be uber-long and will probably take a full year (possibly more, since they don't need to hurry the pace along to get past the retread stuff)
Apr 14, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2012
Do we get to see my nigga again? Uhmm The Nen Exorcist guy?
Apr 14, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
So next episode we get what we were supposed to get on the very first episode + the start of the Chimera arc. Not sure why, and I hope I'm wrong, but I feel the next episode will feel very rushed.
Apr 14, 2013 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know if I laugh or cry with the pun in the pronunciation of next episode's name
Forever_AApr 14, 2013 10:59 AM
Apr 14, 2013 11:35 AM

Feb 2013
Where can I see next weeks preview?
~ El Psy Congroo~

Apr 14, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 2011
Krissirk said:
Where can I see next weeks preview?
At the end of the episode, though nothing really was shown other than a shadow of the Ant Queen and the hat of the Nigg guy, his face wasn't shown. And part of the flashback that was supposed to be in the first episode with Gon being a little kid.
Apr 14, 2013 12:07 PM
Feb 2013
Leaulux said:
Gon x Bisquit CON-FUCKING-FIRMED..

Oh God don't... Please, just... no.
Apr 14, 2013 12:14 PM
Apr 2012
desiderius32 said:
Leaulux said:

What are you talking about? /ss/ is the best.
Apr 14, 2013 12:29 PM
Feb 2013
fdsfgs said:
desiderius32 said:
Leaulux said:

Isn't Biscuit a bit too old for Gon? :|
That's not really something I want to see.
Apr 14, 2013 12:31 PM
Dec 2012
Bullshit. I'd flip Bisquit over and go to town on dat ass in a heart beat if she transformed into a Teenage Bisquit.
Apr 14, 2013 12:35 PM
Apr 2012
desiderius32 said:
fdsfgs said:
desiderius32 said:
Leaulux said:

Isn't Biscuit a bit too old for Gon? :|
That's not really something I want to see.

What are you talking about? I'd totally pay to see buff Bisky dominating Gon.

...on second thought maybe I need psychiatric help.
Apr 14, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
Killua is just too cute.
Apr 14, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2012
Vesperlynd said:

Could someone please tell me, how "dark" is the Chimera Ant Ac really? Is it at a similar level to something like Blood+, Gantz or is there more serious gore and violence? I.e. reasonably palatable graphic violence or is it borderline abhorrent? I just don't know what to expect and would rather not be underwhelmed if it's - you know - actually fine as opposed to completely full on, which is the impression I get from some people. Thanks

It its the arc with most gore and 'emotional darkness', things like selfishness and fear are explored to the max. I think it is the best arc so far, really like it.
Apr 14, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
I love Hunter x Hunter, but Greed Island was the worst arc. I hope Chimera Ants will be as good as Yorknew City. I can't wait.
Apr 14, 2013 3:55 PM
Feb 2013
fdsfgs said:
What are you talking about? I'd totally pay to see buff Bisky dominating Gon.

...on second thought maybe I need psychiatric help.

After reading that, I think I need it too.
Apr 14, 2013 4:00 PM
Nov 2009
fdsfgs said:
desiderius32 said:
Leaulux said:

Doing Bisky is like doing 2 bricks
Apr 14, 2013 4:02 PM
Nov 2009
And yes the long awaited arc is soon to be adapted. And I like this episode, animation was on point. 5/5
Apr 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Another episode that made my heart hurt like hell from nostalgia.

Also:
katsucats said:
Accompany On! N-I-G-G-A!

lmao

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Apr 14, 2013 11:48 PM

Jun 2012
Amazing! ^^

Great arc, I really liked it as it progressed (not so much initially).

I can't wait for next week's episode (have no clue about this 'Chimera-Ants' thing, as I've not read or watched the original).

5/5.

Apr 15, 2013 12:27 AM

Dec 2011
I'm simply dying. GOOD EPISODE!!

Killua.. omg

Widelle said:
Killua is just too cute.

another one

Chimera Ants arc must be really good...

And it looks like episode 76 is going to be episode 1 of 1999 :D

KITE!! Or Kaito.. whatever one XD

I'm SO EXCITED!! :D
MikanApr 15, 2013 12:31 AM
Apr 15, 2013 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
Fantastic story :)

Looking forward for Chimera Ants! arc!
Apr 15, 2013 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Best arc so far in my opinion, can't wait for moar
Apr 15, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2008
Zee530 said:
'Twas a nice arc, but i liked Yorknew better, manga readers have been hyping CA arc since yorknew, i hope it lives up to expectations.

mangareader here, CA is a lot worse than yorknew. Yorknew is by far the best arc that was made in hunter x hunter. So it ain't really set in stone, some like it some don't.
Apr 15, 2013 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
Next episode we're gonna have a flashback. It's too bad they didn't show that long haired hunter guy in the first episode instead, but whatever.
Anyway, I'm glad I don't read the manga, from this point on I have no idea what's going to happen next.
Apr 15, 2013 4:38 AM

Aug 2009
Is it just me or is Hunter x Hunter getting better and better.. ? It amazes me how much I enjoy it.
Apr 15, 2013 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
That was a nice heartwarming departing scene, excellent job Madhouse.. And finally it's time for what we've all been waiting forr, let's hope chimera's arc will be a good adaptation too..
Keep moving forward
Apr 15, 2013 4:14 PM
Feb 2012
Mephz said:
Zee530 said:

mangareader here, CA is a lot worse than yorknew. Yorknew is by far the best arc that was made in hunter x hunter. So it ain't really set in stone, some like it some don't.

Also a manga reader...

Yorknew was good but I much prefer arcs like Hunter Exam, Heavens Arena, Greed Island and Chimera Ant Arc which are much closer to the fantasy adventure genre
that HxH is meant to be. Yorknew is more of a revenge drama. Albeit a good one.

Chimera Ant Arc is my favorite because it contains both the dark grisliness and emotional drama of Yorknew, the shonen fighting spirit and action of Heavens Arena and Greed Island and the mystery and intrigue of the Hunter Exam.

Of course not everyone will like Chimera Ant Arc but it seems like most who
don't also happen to find Yorknew the best. Now, again Yorknew is a good
arc but it's the arc that stands out the most from the rest of the series.
Apr 15, 2013 11:26 PM
Apr 2013
Vesperlynd said:
Oh my god, it's here. It been so many years, it feels like ten? It is ten and more?

Really enjoyed the GI arc. Yorknew had better characterisation (and probably everyone's first alluring taste of neo noir) but GI was also highly original with many unexpected surprises. And it's a vital training arc.

I haven't read past this arc in the manga aside from the recent Kurapika backstory chapters. No better time than now, right? :D

Chimera Ant arc is about Hopelessness. Imagine 3 years old child vs a LION in a cage. That kind of hopelessness. Hell, one of the top tier hunters of the extermination team had a breakdown despite taunting killua from the beginning (Novu). Now imagine that. But this arc also shows the true spirit of a HUNTER. Group of people who don't back down without giving their all and enjoy challenges (Netero and Morau). Great development for both Killua and Gon. Some scenes are really disturbing like a centaur like creature with 2 humans acting like dogs, A HUMAN PIG BUTCHERING HUMANS (How Ironic :D), child getting killed, etc. I count this as one of the greatest story ever. Ignore the naysayers of this arc.
vojevojeApr 15, 2013 11:39 PM
Apr 16, 2013 4:32 AM

Jan 2013
wow cant believe we made it to this point. Was a pretty damn fair amount of material they had to catch up with, and theyre finally going to have new animated material for the first time in a many amount of years, lol. madhouse has been doing great. Im currently reading CA right now, over halfway through or so, and Im liking it a lot. I think Madhouse is going to do it justice because of some of Togashi's lazier drawings. I am someone who also enjoyed the Yorkshin arc a lot. CA is darker in that aspect, but not in the same way. Im liking it a lot better though than GI. For all the serious aspects, I think Togashi has put in some very good humor as well. I think its one of his creative higher points in the series. I am very excited to see it animated. I wish we didnt have to go through the flashback tomorrow. but itll still be great. all in due time.

also, after reading some of CA, it seems like a Biscuit x Killua's way more likely. Id like that a lot actually. Especially when Gon

AND, to the people waiting for Phantom Troupe, I know there's atleast one good fight with them.
Apr 16, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
5layer said:
Mikasa said:
5layer said:
Cards turn into objects again after 1 minute, and I don't think that angel can float around indefinitely till Biscuit finds someone who needs it.

Battera could have used it because he had a patient already.
Oh true. But maybe it wont turn into an object if it is kept in that 3 card case they were given.

Yeah that would work. I don't think she will ever regret her decision. Although there is a time where that would of been extremely useful, however if she did have that then half of the arc after Chimera Ant would be pointless.
Apr 16, 2013 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
@5layer didn't you notice the different 'binder', it was temporary, after all cards are pulled, the binder's gone forever. Keeping it in might not be an option either, it's basically just a way to keep the cards temporarily there till the winners actually claim it.
End Zionazism
Apr 16, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Sooo, what happens to G.I now? is it like SAO in the sense that once it's cleared, everybody gets returned to the real world, or is it restarted all over again again with a greater difficulty level?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 16, 2013 9:09 AM

Mar 2012
Zee530 said:
Sooo, what happens to G.I now? is it like SAO in the sense that once it's cleared, everybody gets returned to the real world, or is it restarted all over again again with a greater difficulty level?

We never know, or we know but I never cared. I would like the game to continue, just ending after one clearing is trolling, more people are inside who want something, so it should be cleared by more than one...kinda like a race...Gon/Kill got 1st place and so on
End Zionazism
Apr 16, 2013 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
i think the ending of the first series was moree sadd :P

was the part in the Old Series where they flew over the peoples houses not in the original story ??
CelastiasApr 16, 2013 11:40 AM
Apr 16, 2013 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
Celastias said:
i think the ending of the first series was moree sadd :P

was the part in the Old Series where they flew over the peoples houses not in the original story ??

It wasn't. The OVAs added that scene to make ut feel like it had a proper ending when it really didn't.
Apr 16, 2013 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder how long the next arc will be, I'm guessing 50-60 episodes
Apr 17, 2013 1:39 AM
Feb 2012
HATUL300 said:
Next episode we're gonna have a flashback. It's too bad they didn't show that long haired hunter guy in the first episode instead, but whatever.
Anyway, I'm glad I don't read the manga, from this point on I have no idea what's going to happen next.

As a manga reader I do think it was too bad that the Ch 1 flashback was delayed.
However I am thankful it was only delayed and not outright cut which in the
wrong studio could be a very real possibility.

That Madhouse delayed rather than just cut out the flashback shows that
at the very least their intention is to be faithful to the manga so far as
including virtually all of what is in it.

Pretty much the only other major scene left out (and it was left out
in the 1999 series as well) is from Yorknew and it's called the
"Tramp Incident". It's another flashback (kinda).
It's difficult to say how important it was just yet.
But it certainly had the feel of being important.
However it's quite possible we could see the "Tramp Incident"
sometime later in the anime and hopefully we do.

You know you can read the manga and still not know what's going on.
You just have to not read past Volume 18. However...

Since next episode is dealing with the missing stuff in Volume 1
you may want to postpone reading the manga until after 76
or maybe even 77 if you want to have Volume 18 completed.

Though if you rather just watch the anime that's cool.

I on the other hand don't have that kind of patience.
Apr 17, 2013 11:13 AM
Mar 2013
I just hope Meruems voice actor is gonna be good. All mangareaders all know how great of a villain he is and it's gonna be an awesome arc one of my favorites shounen arcs ever
Apr 17, 2013 11:38 AM
Mar 2012
some new pic released in WSJ if anyone is interested
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d0cd1f249465935
Apr 17, 2013 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! after 48 yrs... ive been waiting the for this since highschool and now im 25yrs old.. hahahahahha im so old..gahhhhhhhhhh
Apr 17, 2013 11:10 PM
Feb 2013
baning said:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! after 48 yrs... ive been waiting the for this since highschool and now im 25yrs old.. hahahahahha im so old..gahhhhhhhhhh

Were you in high school when you were negative 23 years old? :P
Apr 18, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2011
Shaduge said:

Wish there was a news piece to go with this, the part in the bottom left corner intrigues me. It looks like something involving music, could it be a new OP?
Apr 18, 2013 4:20 AM
Sep 2010
fearthebeard85 said:
Shaduge said:

Wish there was a news piece to go with this, the part in the bottom left corner intrigues me. It looks like something involving music, could it be a new OP?

That's just an advertisement for Yuzu's new album "Land", to be released on May 1st, which will contain the new ending theme "Nagareboshi Kirari". Nothing is mentioned about the opening.
Apr 18, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2011
meh how disappointing, wished they could have a new op song for once. also the new ED sounds too happy. i rly wonder how this song will fit with all the violence and blood in chimera arc >.>
Apr 18, 2013 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
On hunterpedia(HxH wiki)for episode 76 it says that the opening is departure.qq
Apr 18, 2013 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
finally chimera ant arc= the longest arc in HxH existence.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.