Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
just wondering where are you guys getting this episode 6 days in advance? I just got it now :S

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, I thought Origami would pick up on things, damn. The date was kinda cheesy but also funny to watch. I think Tohka definitely looks cute in their her school outfit. She should wear that more often.

Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.
Apr 18, 2013 5:10 PM
Jan 2013
polesp said:
just wondering where are you guys getting this episode 6 days in advance? I just got it now :S

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Yup, I thought Origami would pick up on things, damn. The date was kinda cheesy but also funny to watch. I think Tohka definitely looks cute in their her school outfit. She should wear that more often.

Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.

The first Data A Live episode aired on March 30, not April 6 hence why episode 3 aired on April 13, but the sub was really slow ( I mean REALLY SLOW) so the sub just released today April 18.
Apr 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
yellowperil said:
polesp said:

Stark700 said:

The first Data A Live episode aired on March 30, not April 6 hence why episode 3 aired on April 13, but the sub was really slow ( I mean REALLY SLOW) so the sub just released today April 18.
It was raw not subbed.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
yellowperil said:
polesp said:

Stark700 said:

Thank you :) I was wondering why I was so behind lol
Apr 18, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
Shido used some unlimited coins o.O
tohka's ignorance,,, hnnngggg ,, She definitely ate alot of "date" xD
Apr 18, 2013 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode I feel bad for Oragami though. Pretty cool that it looks like he can't die or something.

4/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 18, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2011
How much food did Tohka stuff in her stomach, this girl is incredible.

And Shido, is he the same kind as Tohka, or did his sister put sth. in him. Oh well, I'll find out eventually.
Okay nevermind, I kinda read the spoiler!
AkagatariApr 18, 2013 6:00 PM
Signature
Apr 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Tohka went berserk went origami shot shidou
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 18, 2013 6:27 PM

May 2012
Tohka <3
loved the episode, tohka was so adorable :D
and i have no clue why shidou came back to life :/
i guess its causes he's a main character... probably :p

I think this is going to be my favorite anime this season
Apr 18, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
I liked this episode, all thought I didn't like how he came back to life, I think he should have been brought back to life by Tohka.
Apr 18, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
I'm amaze to the fact that only a little questioned why Shidou fall from the sky.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I'm amaze to the fact that only a little questioned why Shidou fall from the sky.
Lol, I was actually wondering that but I just went along with it, I guess one of the Mecha girls threw him or something.
Apr 18, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
Monde11 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Lol, I was actually wondering that but I just went along with it, I guess one of the Mecha girls threw him or something.
It was the adaptation fault btw. Just read here. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=585401&show=20
Apr 18, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Monde11 said:
NeoAnkara said:
It was the adaptation fault btw. Just read here. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=585401&show=20
Oh I see, completely forgot about the ship.
Apr 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2010
I was iffy about the first episode but it got better :D Great episode. MOE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
Apr 18, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
probably could have watched this without waiting for the subs, but decided to wait anyway. I'm still happy to see this animated, but as others have said, it's moving way too fast, and cutting way too much content.

do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to

cliffhanger ending? I think

Besides

it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible. I'd like to think that the source material for this is good enough to allow for better pacing and a second season.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 18, 2013 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
mg021 said:
do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to
I have pointed this many time in episode disscusion. If you see the poll thread that I make there are a pic there and aparently she was really popular so I think that they want to show her faster.
Apr 18, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder what Shido's story is. Rather liked this episode however.
Apr 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
mg021 said:
it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible.
Looking at the OP I think it is clear that they will introduce all the girls as soon as possible in one cour length, kind of like Campione where the pace is also super-fast because of the need to introduce all the main girls. Have to agree that Highschool DxD has a really great adaptation. The emotional pull is so much stronger when you allow the steady pacing and directing to let the story and the characters speak for themselves.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
mg021 said:
it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible.
Looking at the OP I think it is clear that they will introduce all the girls as soon as possible in one cour length, kind of like Campione where the pace is also super-fast because of the need to introduce all the main girls. Have to agree that Highschool DxD has a really great adaptation. The emotional pull is so much stronger when you allow the steady pacing and directing to let the story and the characters speak for themselves.
The reason I'm not enjoying Campione was because that pacing. It was too fast that the character doesn't leave much impact.
Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM
Nov 2012
Despite the episode jumping from one thing to another so fast, it seems it developed plot holes that were better explained in the LN... But good kami, that was funny.
Nothing to see here, please proceed to the next window.
Apr 18, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
Actually a pretty good episode.
But, any episode with a kiss scene is good to me.
Apr 18, 2013 8:42 PM
Feb 2013
Good episode, I'm jealous on how can Shido starts a new game when he dies.
Apr 18, 2013 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
They were so adorable in their date! Esp Tohka! And the kiss!! So cute!! <3
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 18, 2013 9:03 PM
Mar 2013
Great episode, the Kiss was good, and her becoming naked was.. interesting.... and like others have been stating i find it disappointing origami's shield could handle all those flashy Slashes tokha was throwing at her. they could have atleast shown it was wearing her out.... all and all decent episode next one introduces the young spirit in the green robe it looks like can't wait ^_^
Apr 18, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
mg021 said:
I have pointed this many time in episode disscusion. If you see the poll thread that I make there are a pic there and aparently she was really popular so I think that they want to show her faster.

huh. so you did. i need to pay more attention to these threads

Apr 18, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
mg021 said:
NeoAnkara said:
mg021 said:

huh. so you did. i need to pay more attention to these threads
Just look at this. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=579107
Apr 18, 2013 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Anyone else catch that Gundam reference? The red one is 3 times faster XD
Apr 18, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
Fuck! He's still alive

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 18, 2013 10:52 PM

Mar 2010
why is this show so good, it was supposed to be bad, what's going on
Apr 18, 2013 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
LOL THE GAME RESETS.

Also, my fucking kokoro! Too bad the video quality is so damn poor. I guess I'll wait for the HQ ones. Anyway, I'll re-watch this whole series if this continues.

Awesome episode! ;D

EDIT:

Plus, Tohka really reminds me of Konohana Lucia from Rewrite. Almost exact personality though I wonder if Tohka is violent.
TennoujiApr 18, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 18, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Vylash said:
why is this show so good, it was supposed to be bad, what's going on
Because Tohka surpase the cuteness proximity.
NeoAnkaraApr 18, 2013 11:27 PM
Apr 18, 2013 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
I just notice that the rain is sudden when rewatching. I'm sure this was because of Yoshino.
Apr 18, 2013 11:20 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one here who thinks Tohka's personality reversal is incredibly out of character? I mean, it did a 180-degree turn, and then turned 90 degrees straight down.

Apr 18, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
Akamitsu said:
Am I the only one here who thinks Tohka's personality reversal is incredibly out of character? I mean, it did a 180-degree turn, and then turned 90 degrees straight down.
She was a kid who only see the world. I don't think Tohka is OOC since she was always inocent character.
Apr 19, 2013 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
Akamitsu said:

the 180 degree turn is better explained in the novels.

Apr 19, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
What the hell did they win in that claw machine: a loaf of bread, a throw pillow? Anyway good episode it's gonna be hard to top Tohka.
Apr 19, 2013 3:47 AM
Dec 2012
OK, Tohka was too damn adorable! >.< decent series, but Kotori and her personality is seriously ruining the enjoyment of this anime, of course she is a important character but...i hate her with a passion.

reminder it's my opinion, don't like it? don't reply, no need to waste either of our times.
Apr 19, 2013 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
Origami and her inability to grasp what's going on is pretty annoying but other than that it's alright so far.
Pretty generic romance/harem show.
Apr 19, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2012
Crappy drawings during the date.
Tenkousei kita!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 19, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
Plot banal and boring narration for the entire time of the appointment. It becomes interesting in the final, now have to explain to me exactly what happened! Designs and fabulous colors also good animations!
Apr 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Feb 2012
Well this episode was better then the previous ones that being said why is he alive i mean most people don't light on fire and heal mortal wounds, but i suppose thats one o the things we shall find out in time.
Apr 19, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
Tohka is so cute. <3
Apr 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Aug 2012
Well, found this ep to be a lot better than the previous ones...
Apr 19, 2013 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
This episode made me score the anime a mark higher. It was pretty decent, and it looks to be an exceptionally good anime!
Apr 19, 2013 3:20 PM

Jun 2012
so shidou is immortal?
Apr 19, 2013 3:21 PM

Jun 2011
I have never been so intensely attacked by cuteness before but I couldn't help but adore Tohka and Shidou this episode.
Apr 19, 2013 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
febrianandya said:
so shidou is immortal?
Not really. Just hight regenerative power.
Apr 19, 2013 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
The episode was good,but this episode is much better in the LN...

Apr 19, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
NEKID TOHKA AT THE END! lol

Anyway, I love this episode. I dunno how to describe Tohka whether she's a tsundere, yandere or a dandere.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.