Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 12, 2013 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
Chaos;Head, the VN was good, I have not got around to watching the show though, I don't even think I ever will.
Apr 12, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Hutchens said:
Chaos;Head, the VN was good, I have not got around to watching the show though, I don't even think I ever will.
You haven't seen it, yet you are calling it the worst adaption ever.

What?
Apr 12, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2008
Tsuyokiss is one of the worst. The anime director didn't like the original story, character personalities or character designs so he completely redid all three. Why didn't they just hire another director if he hated the original source so much? Why did they agree to go along with it?

What other anime adaptions have had their story, character personalities and character designs completely revamped just because the anime director hated the originals so much? It wasn't even recognizable anymore.
Jun 18, 2013 11:33 PM

Dec 2011
Most of them are from visual novels.
Jun 18, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2012
Icyness said:
Most of them are from visual novels.

Yeah that's it. Visual Novel adapted in a 12 episode series, you have 50% chance to watch a miserable failure.
Some Light Novel are on the same boat.

And with that there's some fail like Negima. How can such an awesome manga could be killed by Xebec in the anime series and by Shaft in the movie...
Jun 19, 2013 12:22 AM

Jun 2007
I'd throw in a vote for the lesser-known OVA, Natsuiro no Sunadokei. The VN has a pretty good time travel plot, but the 2-ep OVA is way overcompressed, has pretty much no characterization, and barely makes sense if you haven't played the game.

Yosuga no Sora was horrible in my opinion. I didn't read the eroge yet and dropped the anime after a few episodes, but what just pissed me majorly off is how they apparently would finish up each girls arc within a few episodes - something I can't stand at all.
So you'd rather they awkwardly stitched a bunch of arcs together to have a sorta-harem series, the exact same thing people have complained about in other eroge adaptations?

gamer2710 said:
And THEN there's [Majikoi's] English dub... Sentai, really. You squandered good voice actors on this piece of crap.
Huh? Majikoi didn't have an "English dub," though the Sentai discs do feature an alternate audio track with American VAs doing a rushed readthrough of the English subtitle script.

JustALEX said:
I will say that another terrible anime adaptation is Negima....then again the Manga ended so horribly, I don't even care.
I agree, SHAFT certainly butchered it beyond recognition in their 2006 "let's make a Pani Poni Dash reboot with Negima girls" TV series.

Arlia said:
And with that there's some fail like Negima. How can such an awesome manga could be killed by Xebec in the anime series
You mean how Xebec made a harem anime out of what was at that point a harem manga, and committed the grave sin of not having the budget for 150 episodes (or multiple 26-ep series spaced years apart) to cover the direction the manga eventually took? Granted, it has its flaws, but I still think it gets a bad rap. As with Love Hina, some of the anime-added material had more emotional weight than the manga, and whatever one might say about the anime-original ending, at least it didn't make me feel like I'd watched a 650-minute manga commercial. Speaking of which...

nvoon7 said:
Berserk's anime starts at volume 3, ends at volume 13, out of 37. It ends when Berserk truly starts. I don't see how you can stop an anime having not told more than a fraction of the story.
They weren't making an anime, they were making a 625-minute manga commercial. Though from what others have said, I guess it pretty much had to end there, and the first 20 or so episodes manage to be pretty good. Who knows, if Jojo got a new adaptation after so many years, maybe there's hope for Berserk?

FMA doesn't even have a right to exist, it should not have been made. The show is a money grab rush job. "The manga is hot right now! Quick! Make an anime!." "Shit the manga isn't done, what do we do? NAZIS!"

Now we have two FMA series', and there are people who refuse to watch Brotherhood because they're anime elitists and don't want to "watch the same schlock twice."
Virtually all manga adaptations are made with a "strike while the iron is hot" mentality, though. They want the attention/buzz/incompleteness of an anime to drive manga sales while the manga's still ongoing, not after it's already over and the hype has died down. And as Arakawa collaborated with the 2003 anime's staff on the non-manga material, it can hardly be called a rush/hatchet job. Speaking of rush jobs, how about the way FMA '09 glossed over a lot of the early manga events, ones which were handled quite well in FMA '03? Or just omitted things like Youki's backstory with the Elric brothers, thus requiring viewers to have experience with the manga or the '03 version? Don't get me wrong, I agree that Brotherhood is better overall, I just wish it did some things as well as FMA '03 did.
Jun 19, 2013 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
For the love of god
Aku No Hana.
And I didnt think "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!" was that great.
I like fried tofu
Jun 19, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Zalis said:

Arlia said:
And with that there's some fail like Negima. How can such an awesome manga could be killed by Xebec in the anime series
You mean how Xebec made a harem anime out of what was at that point a harem manga, and committed the grave sin of not having the budget for 150 episodes

There was no need for 150 episodes. There where some battle that got skipped in the TV series. An example with Kotarou.
Jun 19, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
Chaos; Head definitely i want a remake of this anime!!!
Jun 19, 2013 2:27 AM

Nov 2008
Paul said:
Inb4 Aku no Hana

Rosario Vampire came straight to mind.

I have to second Rosario+Vampire.

I wasn't too fond of the Akira movie either, even though most do praise it.
Jun 19, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2011
Devils Survivor 2: The Animation. Granted, I've only played little of the game, but even from what I've played, the anime deviated from the game quite a lot. There are little changes that I found okay, but some were pretty bad changes. I like the anime itself, but the anime fails as an adaption.
Jun 19, 2013 2:59 AM

May 2013
Its been said on here already but Rosario + Vampire is almost... insultingly bad
Jun 19, 2013 5:37 AM

Mar 2012
Suzumiya Harahi, because of endless 8

or anything else which had potential animated by KyoAni
Jun 19, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
It's based off a game but DMC was just a trainwreck of a series. Also I'm not very far into the anime version of Gantz but it's nowhere near as good as the manga.
Jun 19, 2013 10:37 AM
Jun 2013
black cat

also hellsing (the gonzo one NOT ultimate)

i agree with most of you that the berserk anime and movie adaptions could have been much better, the anime series has terrible animation in the beggining and ends abruptly ,also no skull knight :( , the movies (haven`t seen the third) has the terrible CG and also leaves out too much of the story (especially guts childhood).
Jun 19, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
Beelzebub and Soul Eater (for the fucking ending)

Rosario+Vampire
first hellsing
Jun 19, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
LuckYGX16 said:
School Days! :D

But the anime is better than the VN....

Berserk's anime starts at volume 3, ends at volume 13, out of 37. It ends when Berserk truly starts. I don't see how you can stop an anime having not told more than a fraction of the story.

If But no, to the anime watchers, the golden age arc literally IS berserk to them. The full cast hasn't even been introduced yet, and the story is just over.

Wow. The anime watchers missed out on Isidoro and the loli witch girl. Poor them. Really though, the golden age arc was the best part of Berserk by far. Why wouldn't they animate it if it works as a standalone? That would have had to have an open ending anyway.

Same goes for Gantz. Then it makes it to where, if they wanted to continue the anime adaptation years later, they would have to make some reboots, and rebuild movies, and OVA seasons to pile up a confusing anime structure. Some studios are impatient with their franchises, so they adapt unfinished works that have great length, and make up BS for their endings.
The Gantz ending was shit anyway. Not like they could make it more bullshitty than it already was. And watching an animated version of "KEI CHAN TAE CHAN KEI CHAN TAE CHAN" does not appeal to me.

Also everyone saying "R+ V" is confusing the fuck out of me. The second season looks to have better art so far, but overall the manga really isn't very good anyway. Everyone's saying the anime was just an ecchi harem, but the manga is pretty much just an ecchi harem.
PolyphemusJun 19, 2013 10:57 AM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 19, 2013 11:49 AM
Jun 2013
ranzero said:
Beelzebub and Soul Eater (for the fucking ending)

Rosario+Vampire
first hellsing
i completely forgot the steaming pile of shit that is Beelzebub the anime (the manga is awesome though) i don`t remember soul eaters ending (i think i might have repressed it)
Jun 19, 2013 1:36 PM

Feb 2010

deadman wonderland they were not even trying
same with merry deam eater

oh almost forgot yozakua quartet
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 19, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2012
From what I heard Chaos;Head
I heard the VN was really good but that MH just shitted all over it.
Jun 19, 2013 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
Also everyone saying "R+ V" is confusing the fuck out of me. The second season looks to have better art so far, but overall the manga really isn't very good anyway. Everyone's saying the anime was just an ecchi harem, but the manga is pretty much just an ecchi harem.
It might have been like that in the beginning, but it got much, much better when serious shit (Fairy Tale?) actually started happening.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
MoeGalacticHero said:
did you even read R+V II ?
Jun 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
Tegami Bachi Reverse. It lacked something important: an ending.
Jun 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Sourire said:
MoeGalacticHero said:
did you even read R+V II ?
Better question did you pay attention to the content?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 1, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2010
1) Rosario + Vampire
2) R+V
3) Vampire + Rosario

Honorable mentions:
Ao no Exorcist, Magi, Claymore, Tsukihime (Anime, I liked the manga adaptation)
antonnAug 1, 2013 12:57 PM
Aug 1, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2011
antonn said:
Tsukihime (Anime, I liked the manga adaptation)

There is no anime for this though.
Aug 1, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2013
Devil Survivor 2 and Danganronpa. They were great as games.
Aug 1, 2013 2:25 AM

May 2013
mitch3315 said:
antonn said:

Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 1, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2012
Majikoi S. I enjoyed the VN a lot tbh, the anime was retarded, went by it, not entirely watched it, just so I could see which route they picked etc. Was terrible.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 1, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
I don't read manga much. I think it's Beelzebub so far. I'm especially disappointed with the ending. I should have watched the anime first.
Aug 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Mar 2012
Unchou said:
Majikoi S. I enjoyed the VN a lot tbh, the anime was retarded, went by it, not entirely watched it, just so I could see which route they picked etc. Was terrible.
They only adapt Majikoi not S. Anyway I agree that anime doesn't give VN justice.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 1, 2013 2:58 AM

Aug 2012
Diran-kun said:
mitch3315 said:
antonn said:
Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?
I got a "Webpage cannot be displayed" error. Did you make sure to link that correctly?
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
They only adapt Majikoi not S. Anyway I agree that anime doesn't give VN justice.
Supposedly the anime dove into the "true" route in the second half, but I didn't understand any of it. It's disheartening to know that the anime is the closest I'll get to seeing it because the original visual novel still isn't fully translated.
Aug 1, 2013 3:02 AM
Aug 2011
Since I enjoy shitting on A-1 and their ~shounen adaptations~:
Magi
Ao no Exorcist
Fairy Tail
SAO (though the source is awful all around that no adaptation of this can ever be good)
Aug 1, 2013 3:03 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
Supposedly the anime dove into the "true" route in the second half, but I didn't understand any of it. It's disheartening to know that the anime is the closest I'll get to seeing it because the original visual novel still isn't fully translated.
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayuchii and Christ join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice sceene.
Aug 1, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayucchi and Chris join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice scene.
Agreed. That's the real story. It even had some nice drama in there, but nope, they had to take that out and put in fanservice and cheesy battle scenes with no purpose.
Aug 1, 2013 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
Gantz. Always Gantz.

Oh, and it should say WORST in the title :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 1, 2013 3:12 AM

May 2013
gamer2710 said:
Diran-kun said:
Is this it or are you pretending it doesn't exist because it was that bad?I got a "Webpage cannot be displayed" error. Did you make sure to link that correctly?I linked it fine. It's called Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 1, 2013 3:13 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Unchou said:
I demand anime to get remake. It should have been how Mayucchi and Chris join Kazama Family in the first halve not some random fanservice scene.
Agreed. That's the real story. It even had some nice drama in there, but nope, they had to take that out and put in fanservice and cheesy battle scenes with no purpose.
You know I watch anime first before playing VN because I like Miyako. But when I play VN I wish that I can erase my memories of watching anime. They remove too much and make it unbearable.
Aug 1, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
You know I watch anime first before playing VN because I like Miyako. But when I play VN I wish that I can erase my memories of watching anime. They remove too much and make it unbearable.
So did I. It's the second anime I ever contemplated giving a 1/10, but as of now it's still stuck at 2/10.

I might just change my mind if I ever read the true route one day.
Aug 1, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
So did I. It's the second anime I ever contemplated giving a 1/10, but as of now it's still stuck at 2/10.

I might just change my mind if I ever read the true route one day.
Yeah I will play it again if they finish translating it alongside S and A.
NeoAnkaraAug 1, 2013 3:34 AM
Aug 1, 2013 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
rosario+vampire. love the manga, but I really don't see the point in the anime. it's rather plotless
Aug 1, 2013 3:43 AM

Mar 2012
parvanubis said:
rosario+vampire. love the manga, but I really don't see the point in the anime. it's rather plotless
It is plotless.
Aug 1, 2013 5:44 AM

May 2010
Medaka Box is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Aug 1, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Gantz was actually a good adaptation, because it didn't include the last stage of the manga.
Aug 1, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Maji de whatever, for reasons said
Rosario, not because the anime is bad ( I loved the anime), but the manga is much more serious.
Elfen Lied, for not including the character who gave the series its name.
Aug 1, 2013 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Magi, One Piece and Code Geass.
Aug 1, 2013 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
Magi, One Piece and Code Geass.
CG is anime original not an adaptation.
Aug 1, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 2010
Attack on titan.
Jan 2, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
Attack on titan.
THere is nothing wrong with that except the final ep where they ruin Eren's and other's coop.

Tsukihime makes Fate/Stay Night look like the best anime ever.
Jan 3, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:
Attack on titan.
THere is nothing wrong with that except the final ep where they ruin Eren's and other's coop.

Tsukihime makes Fate/Stay Night look like the best anime ever.

Wait there's a Tsukihime anime? Why do fans say they want one then?!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 30 minutes ago

8 by joseifan »»
16 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

19 by joseifan »»
2 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

19 by Atmogenic »»
2 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

20 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

23 by deg »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.