Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 6, 2013 5:25 AM

Oct 2009
moe moe kyun kyun! XD

Glad they are back!
Apr 6, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
Nice begin of the second season and uncensored!!
Apr 6, 2013 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
Lol a nice start, hope for an ending this time.

Also that takes some balls to eat at a place where you just beat the workers down at. Balls or stupidity.
Apr 6, 2013 6:28 AM

Mar 2012
It was good to see this back.

And luckily it's uncensored. Nipples!
Apr 6, 2013 7:00 AM
Feb 2013
Humm, if this wasn't censored, a lotta pirreros would be howling.
Apr 6, 2013 8:02 AM

Sep 2010
It was nice to see Jyuubei again... <3

And (relatively) really good episode too....

4/5
Apr 6, 2013 9:32 AM

Apr 2013

Moe Meo Kyun Kyun

XD

Best part of this episode.

I guess from the first seconds of the episode we can assume that D'Artagnan and the Tokugawa production Master Samurais we beaten into a pulp by the four dark Samurai. According to history Yaguu Juubei went missing for about 4 years to perfect his training, Muneirika better pray it doesn't take that long.

It will be funny to see the Tokugawa steal Muneirika reward at the end of this season AGAIN lol
meneliksempaiApr 6, 2013 9:42 AM
Apr 6, 2013 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow I go the feeling that I am watching the last episode of Senran Kagura in this first episode of another show...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
Somehow I go the feeling that I am watching the last episode of Senran Kagura in this first episode of another show...

Senran Kagura was okay but it didn't take things as far as Samurai Girls in terms of action and Fanservice, what exactly make it similar to you ?
Apr 6, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2011
Newhopes said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Dashiawia said:
It could be that my memory is bad, but I don't get how Juubei (the nice one) is still alive. Didn't she die along with her other half in the final episode of season one?

Yes, she did. I rewatched it about 2 months ago.

There was a timeskip though. So maybe we'll get a flashback to how she came back.

They changed the end of the frist series for the blu-ray release, at the end Jubei reappears the same way as she did when first appeared, would have made sense to show it as a little recap at the start though.

Ah, thanks for clearing it up for me. Either way, I'm not going to be following this show seeing how I thought season one was mediocre at best. And knowing that they had to pull a deux ex machina out of their ass to revive Jubei for no apparent reason doesn't help to change my impression for the better.

Apr 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
meneliksempai said:
symbv said:
Senran Kagura was okay but it didn't take things as far as Samurai Girls in terms of action and Fanservice, what exactly make it similar to you ?
Two gangs of girls, one from the good side one from the supposedly bad side, fighting one-to-one in matches (and the bad side started by being the more powerful side). Isn't it similar?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Dashiawia said:
Ah, thanks for clearing it up for me. Either way, I'm not going to be following this show seeing how I thought season one was mediocre at best. And knowing that they had to pull a deux ex machina out of their ass to revive Jubei for no apparent reason doesn't help to change my impression for the better.
Well, we don't know how she came from the sky in the first place so it is hard to say that her reappearance is a deux ex machina. Anyway, to me the show is an interesting experiment of sumi sakuga - and that alone makes it NOT mediocre.

Apr 6, 2013 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Dashiawia said:
Newhopes said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Dashiawia said:
It could be that my memory is bad, but I don't get how Juubei (the nice one) is still alive. Didn't she die along with her other half in the final episode of season one?

Yes, she did. I rewatched it about 2 months ago.

There was a timeskip though. So maybe we'll get a flashback to how she came back.

They changed the end of the frist series for the blu-ray release, at the end Jubei reappears the same way as she did when first appeared, would have made sense to show it as a little recap at the start though.

It wasn't a Deus Ex Machina because the last kiss of Muneirika and Jubei would have made transfered Jubei Master Samurai Soul into her body definitively and her "cute girl" soul would have been sent away forever. So only her Master Samurai Soul was destroy and her "cute girl" soul who helped during the battle came back.

It was established that Jubey has a double personality/soul going on, so on this season because her Master Samurai soul is dead she can't transform anymore.

Put it simple : Only her master samurai soul died, so her other soul materialized a body and came back to her friends.

symbv said:
meneliksempai said:
symbv said:
Two gangs of girls, one from the good side one from the supposedly bad side, fighting one-to-one in matches (and the bad side started by being the more powerful side). Isn't it similar?

Now that you put it this way it makes a lot of sense. Although poor Katsunee was beaten in half a move, and it doesn't count as a fight for her ^_^

The PV features a uber cyber Master Samurai at the end, so maybe the two gangs might band together to fight the real big bad at the end.
Apr 6, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
meneliksempai said:
The PV features a uber cyber Master Samurai at the end, so maybe the two gangs might band together to fight the real big bad at the end.
The moment Musashi patronizes the Dark Shadow maid cafe again, I am sure that like Senran Kagura the supposedly bad girls are not really bad after all and probably will join hands with the good girls after some good fights among themselves.

Apr 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
meneliksempai said:
The moment Musashi patronizes the Dark Shadow maid cafe again, I am sure that like Senran Kagura the supposedly bad girls are not really bad after all and probably will join hands with the good girls after some good fights among themselves.

Plus the Historical Musashi is literally a Japanese Military National Hero, AFAIK his teachings were a favorite reading during the times of Imperial Japan. Making his alter ego into a bad guy doesn't fit really well with Japanese mythology.

A funny trivia about Musashi is that He challenged one of Japans best swordsman to a duel to death, then showed up late with a wooden sword ... and still won because the insult was such that his opponent lost his cool and wanted to cut him into pieces, so Musashi took advantage of his recklessness. Hope they manage to translate this into the show in some way. ^_^
Apr 6, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
AOS- said:
No one caught that moment when Sen slams into the ground and Hanzo shouts "ONII-sama"?

It's not "onii-sama", it's "ohime-sama".

symbv said:
meneliksempai said:
symbv said:

Similar indeed, but there's still a huge quality gap between Hyakka Ryouran and Senran Kagura. The latter was a show that took itself too seriously while it was absolutely impossible for the viewer to take it seriously as long as the viewer is not a grade schooler (which isn't supposed to be the intended target audience). HR, on the other hand, just tries to entertain. And succeeds in that. And the art style is godly of course.
Apr 6, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2009
Ha. Miyamoto Musashi is now my favorite girl here.
Apr 6, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
I'm glad they kept the art style of the first series. This one seems to have oodles of fanservice too.
Apr 6, 2013 2:30 PM
Jan 2013

Whoa, Juubei is alive, didn't she sacrifice herself from the previous season?
Apr 6, 2013 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man it's uncensored! Excellent. And here I was worried I'd have to wait for all the blu-rays to release just like TLRD.

As for the ep, it was a nice way to re-introduce the characters as well as the new ones.

Kanetsugu <3
Apr 6, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
Yvese said:
Oh man it's uncensored! Excellent. And here I was worried I'd have to wait for all the blu-rays to release just like TLRD.

Came in to ask this, thank you for the good news.
Apr 6, 2013 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
Yvese said:

Came in to ask this, thank you for the good news.
Apr 6, 2013 5:18 PM
Mar 2012
Love how they're sticking to using traditional Japanese samurai for the names.

Musashi Miyamoto looks pretty badass
Apr 6, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
Baddie007 said:

Whoa, Juubei is alive, didn't she sacrifice herself from the previous season?

She had two souls in her body, of one of the souls sacrificed itself to destroy the Gisen, the other soul materialized into a body and returned. Don't ask me how, Master Samurai can materialize bodies in this series ;)

The BD ending shows her coming back.
Apr 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2012
one ugly girl with brown skin and 2 girls with ugly moles, might drop

^ Why isn't this updating...
Apr 6, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2012
Glad it's back, It was a pretty good first episode.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 6, 2013 9:22 PM
Apr 6, 2013 11:06 PM
Feb 2013
4/5 so far.
Btw, am I the only who's expecting those 4 "Dark Samurais" to join in the MC's crew at the end? I have a feeling the main antagonist will be someone who's stronger than 4 of them combined.
Apr 7, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
pilyo00 said:
Moe , Moe , Kyun , Kyun

"Get Yummy"

LOLOLOL

I was laughing at that too.

Anyways good start to the series. I kinda miss the ink censor but this is good too.

Nice to see my senhime service on the first episode.

The dark samurai looks badass. Can't wait to see whose the next master samurai.
Apr 7, 2013 1:45 AM

Oct 2008
.gif Soup________________________________________________________________________________

[Loading Images ]

Apr 7, 2013 1:48 AM
Jun 2008
I am so relieve knowing that this Anime is all about fanservice and comedy .
By the way, I totally forgot what happen last season .I guess its not compulsory to know that xD
Apr 7, 2013 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Are those dark samurai based off the "See no evil, Speak no evil, hear no evil" thing? Seems like it to me with the way they're designed. First episode was hopefully this season won't tank
Apr 7, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
yep,its uncensored. no more bothering dots -sigh

anyway...
what did i miss???! when did yubei come back???!!!
heru...pu?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2013 11:03 AM
Oct 2011
Uncensored? How? where? why? WHERE?

FUCK! Just realized I have Crunchyroll's version and can't download another version right now. :/ Well it's not that there was much fanservice anyway. And I'll make sure to watch the next episode from fansubs.

On the actual episode, nothing much to say other than the art-style is still nice, which is the reason I'm watching this anime.
Candor123Apr 7, 2013 11:08 AM
Apr 7, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2010
Maid cafe's and shadow samurai; what a way to start the second season. The first season was alright, so we'll see if this one will succeed in keeping me interested. :)

Apr 7, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
It's still as bad as the first season. I hope it gets better in the next episodes otherwise I will drop it.
Apr 7, 2013 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
ainky said:
It's still as bad as the first season. I hope it gets better in the next episodes otherwise I will drop it.

Just drop it already then, because if this episode wasn't good for you the this is not your anime anyway.

The Episode was great : Comedy + Combat + Fanservice.
Apr 7, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
meneliksempai said:
ainky said:

Just drop it already then, because if this episode wasn't good for you the this is not your anime anyway.

The Episode was great : Comedy + Combat + Fanservice.

I will still wait for the second episode.
Apr 7, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Mehh, haven't season the first season, don't think I'll ever watch it.
I'll watch this since it's uncensored.
Apr 7, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
Very nice.

THANK GOD AT-X is showing uncensored episodes....now we don't have to wait a freaking year to see the BD releases.

Good to see all the characters once more.
Apr 7, 2013 11:01 PM
Jan 2011
How the heck was Juubei able to come back from the dead?
Apr 7, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
Nasty001 said:

they changed the ending for BD version
Apr 8, 2013 3:44 AM

Jun 2010
Man, that cast...
Apr 8, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
meneliksempai said:
A funny trivia about Musashi is that He challenged one of Japans best swordsman to a duel to death, then showed up late with a wooden sword ... and still won because the insult was such that his opponent lost his cool and wanted to cut him into pieces, so Musashi took advantage of his recklessness. Hope they manage to translate this into the show in some way. ^_^
And that "best swordsman" is none other than her partner now!!!! She is Sasaki Kojirou, the tall girl who covers her eyes and talks in a very Kyoto accent and dialect. X-D

Apr 8, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
Oh, a maid café.
Apr 8, 2013 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
I'm enjoying this as much as I enjoyed the previous season; so far, so good.
Apr 8, 2013 11:35 PM
Dec 2012
I can't be the only one here who LOL'd hard when Muneakira's powers got sealed. I was expecting him to actually fight unlike season 1, so when that happend i just lost it. Non-stop laughter
Apr 9, 2013 12:29 AM

Feb 2013
I didn't find this to be a very interesting first episode, but they did introduce new characters and a conflict as well as the changes made to the dojo, I hope it will get more entertaining, I'm pretty sure it will.
[/url]
Apr 9, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2013
yakoo said:
Nasty001 said:

they changed the ending for BD version

They didn't change the ending, they just made it clearer. Juubey had two souls, remember her sadistic master Samurai persona that kicked Hanzou's ass ? It died, so we are left with her "normal" soul only, that persona she has when she behave like a little girl.

She never actually transformed, it was just that her master Samurai soul took over her body each time Muneirika kissed her, in the last fight of the last season that soul wasn't on her body when it was destroyed.

symbv said:
meneliksempai said:

And that "best swordsman" is none other than her partner now!!!! She is Sasaki Kojirou, the tall girl who covers her eyes and talks in a very Kyoto accent and dialect. X-D

You don't say XD I learned one or two things about Japan history from this show.

This season is going to hilarious if they can play around with Japan's biggest legends.
Apr 9, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2009
If only it was a bit more on the srs side.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2013

90 by RioAl »»
Mar 18, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2013

42 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2013

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.