Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2008 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
To my surprise, when I wake up: #12 of this series! :D Happy and glad to see this episode! Really great series. Go watch it now! Really great episode with great emotions! :D
Finally got back for more parties. I am starting to think that anime might be better than the 3D world and no I am not going to become like that guy from ChaosHead (Nishijou Takumi). What I mean is that anime seems more ideal than the real world.

Anyways forget I do some rambling sometimes. On to the shows' episode. The episode start was good. Haruta Kouji leading the class in their practice, was quite positive and fun to watch.

Attention, I have noticed a three strike blush from Taiga towards Ryuuji! Which to me meant more and more Ryuuji x Taiga possibility apart from all the other hints given in previous episodes, particularly episode 8.I also meant that Taiga seems to be blushing a lot more towards Ryuuji in this episode. Well then talking in the beginning I though things would go for the better, was I wrong about it. First Taiga's father seems rich------------->why?Let's see sports car with quadruple exhaust that looks like a 800i Mercedz benz O_O That tells me a lot already.

Following along two shocks came that reversed things. First was the fact I could believe how stupid yet original it was to see them make the whole play in wrestling ring. Man, I would never think anyone would do it unless it has something directly to do with wrestling.Second would be of how soft and nice Taiga suddenly became to Ami with her box offering which contained some treats for Ami. That was unexpected-------------->where did the rivalry go?

Ok what followed I
because Ryuuji and Kushieda fighting like that and for such a reason---------------->is it really worth it? I mean they were so good and friendly in episodes 9 and 10 was it really right with such a argument for them to be so angry towards each other to the point of not talking nor looking at each other? Ryuuji x Kushieda looks to be in peril right now.

Even Taiga could not make them calm down and make up. So Ryuuji goes to refuge where Ami usually hides? LAME! He should he though more on the rooftop or do something else. Ami seems reaffirming her feelings towards Ryuuji which in turn makes me think she might not mind at all this conflict since it could be to her advantage.

OMG was Ryuuji's mother hot this episode. The make up/hair/dress where so nicely done.It was even funnier to see Yasuko brag about seeing Taiga's father in the window. At this point I was O_O the father really moves in? WOW! He sure changes fast just like that. I would have preferred to see a little more development here. I mean in the novel it must be better than such a rush. Hahahaahahahha at Ryuuji for being careless in his food cooking when he supposed to be good.

++++Taiga insists that Ryuuji apologizes to Kushieda in which I think he should have done faster and drag it too long. So comes the festival and my first reaction was: Ryuuji because it was a literal WTF at his make up that he put on, let's just say I had a similar reaction to Taiga.

The whole play was a mess not only because the teacher went bonkers *_* how is that possible that such hysteria happens during plays? The other reason is that non-solved fight of Ryuuji and Minori. Failed Broadway imitation XD not to mention Ami was being arrogant which I think it fits the natural role for her in this play. Kushieda was flawless in her role execution of this play Taiga was superb in her kick-------->Ami role, too bad Ami did not get kicked by mistake but oh well. The "bibibibibibibibibibiibbiibib" of Ryuuji was supposed to be funny but I found more stupid.

Nice maid cafe! When will I go to Japan to have a experience of this. ?_?

Since I am a Aisaka fan my favorite of Aisaka was when after Ryuuji/Aisaka/Kitamura finished the play and talked in the hall, it was when Aisaka stuffed the pancake treat towards Ryuuji of course after Kitamura took a bite of it. :D

At the end came a great shock Aisaka's expression and the fact Kushieda was not present at that time

The questions in my head------------->How is this going to resolve?
The questions in my head------------->Will Ryuujis' mother fall in love with Aisakas' dad?
The questions in my head------------->Did the father really divorce Yuu?
The questions in my head------------->How will Aisaka change or will she?
The questions in my head------------->Will Ami take all this to her advantage?

5/5

1.Favorite part of Aisaka
2.Favorite part of Ryuuji.

In spoiler
1.Aisaka :( :( :(
2.Worst part and I hated it.
3.Mother love! :D

After subs thoughts

Ok I changed a little bit on the father opinion after finally seeing the subs. The father was a SOB for missing Taiga's play! :O That was not cool at all! Now I understand Taiga's eyes a lot more at that time.

Minori x Ryuuji fight over the dad was still stupid. I think if anything Ryuuji should take responsibility and HE WILL! That fight might be to confront the dad when he comes at the festival but it could be something else also. In logic he doubts himself at the end if he war right about the father so something might happen.

Taiga asking Ryuuji about her smelling was funny now I think about it again. Never say to a girl you are smelly even if she is! Rule of thumb for failed dates and speaking out too much.
In the end I trust Ryuuji to fix with any means Taiga's dad from his selfish idiotic foolishness.

So go Ryuuji go and teach Taiga's dad what it means to hold your promises. Yeah!
slayer545-samaDec 20, 2008 9:21 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 17, 2008 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was way different from what I expected.
It was more about the conflict around Taiga's father. Minori's reaction to that topic was extreme and I did not expect Ryuuji to shout at her like that.
Ryuuji's scary face = win! Twintail Ami-chan = WIN!
Dec 17, 2008 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
It's good to see Taiga and her dad getting along with each other.

Haha, the pro-wrestling show was awesome:
Dec 17, 2008 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
i guess because it's the middle of three parts it can't be helped, but it really feels like this particular episode was just one plot development, one conflict, and then a lot of fluff to me.

Dec 17, 2008 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
It looks like Ryuuji misjudged Taiga's dad to me. I think he's going to turn out to be a real douche. If you really looked at the preview for 13, it seems Ryuuji's about to fight someone with Taiga looking on - I'd put money on it being her dad.

Ryuuji versus her dad would be sweet, plus it would end that little drama quick, which I would be glad for. I don't want to see Minori and Ryuuji at odds anymore. It breaks my heart.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 17, 2008 12:37 PM

Dec 2007
Ryuuji is awesome when he's mad.

Also, things always get interesting when Ryuuji gets mad, for sure.
Dec 17, 2008 9:09 PM

Nov 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
It looks like Ryuuji misjudged Taiga's dad to me. I think he's going to turn out to be a real douche. If you really looked at the preview for 13, it seems Ryuuji's about to fight someone with Taiga looking on - I'd put money on it being her dad.

Dude you saying Ryuuji might fight the dad in the next episode because of this?-------------->

I would not be sure but I would fear it may be Ryuuji's first fight we see in this series.

About the hearbreak, you are not the only one and I also hated that part precisely because it causes a heartbreak.

ShanaSakai said:
Heartbreak, since Ryuuji would naturally refuse Taiga to transfer. But the twist is, he would fight Taiga, not his father. IMHO.

THERE IS 12 ALREADY? WHERE CAN YOU WATCH THIS?

Transfer? NO WAY! There is no way Taiga transferring anywhere will happen in this series. Trust there will be a lot of people who will never accept that.

mcjazzman32 said:
I think the series of events points to one thing: Taiga's dad really is a loser.

From the shattered look on Taiga's face at the very end to the reaction of Minorin and her saying to Ryuuji "did you REALLY get to know who he is?" it seems to me that he's the kind of guy who makes promises and just breaks them. I'd put money on it in fact.

Now from the preview, you see Ryuuji uber-pissed and Taiga on her knees looking sad. ryuuji's obviously confronting someone and there's only two people who he would logically be that furious at: 1. Minorin, which is unlikely since Taiga would not be on her knees if Minorin and Ryuuji were at odds like that OR 2. Taiga's dad, after he's just done something to her to make her sad and drop to her knees.

Anyone else want to vote on this??? hehehe

Let's not conclude things so fast, it can also be someone who might cause problems in a unexpected way. I do think the father is hiding things but we should give him a chance before he called a SOB loser.
slayer545-samaDec 18, 2008 9:16 PM
Dec 17, 2008 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
Heartbreak, since Ryuuji would naturally refuse Taiga to transfer. But the twist is, he would fight Taiga, not his father. IMHO.

THERE IS 12 ALREADY? WHERE CAN YOU WATCH THIS?

Dec 17, 2008 10:52 PM

Nov 2008
It's still a bit too early to make judgement on the fight b/w Ryuuji and Minori as well as Taiga's father.
I like the Ami bit best in this episode. She looks on things as an outsider yet at the same time she can keep her relationship with Ryuuji out of the tangled connection b/w the rest of the main cast.

Dec 17, 2008 11:36 PM
Nov 2007
But there is one more thing, The Beauty Contest!!
My bet Ruuji that very fierce reaction might be the reason at the preview (all the male in the background lol) might be a hint the next level development between Ruuji, Taiga, Minori and Yuusaku. (Or Ami too?)
HeistDec 17, 2008 11:39 PM
Dec 18, 2008 9:02 PM

Aug 2008
I think the series of events points to one thing: Taiga's dad really is a loser.

From the shattered look on Taiga's face at the very end to the reaction of Minorin and her saying to Ryuuji "did you REALLY get to know who he is?" it seems to me that he's the kind of guy who makes promises and just breaks them. I'd put money on it in fact.

Now from the preview, you see Ryuuji uber-pissed and Taiga on her knees looking sad. ryuuji's obviously confronting someone and there's only two people who he would logically be that furious at: 1. Minorin, which is unlikely since Taiga would not be on her knees if Minorin and Ryuuji were at odds like that OR 2. Taiga's dad, after he's just done something to her to make her sad and drop to her knees.

Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 18, 2008 9:20 PM
Oct 2007
I'm on Minori's side in this one. Ryuuji has only met Taiga's dad once, ONCE! I personally don't think you can judge a person when you've only met them once. Plus, even Ryuuji's mom said she thinks Taiga's dad doesn't care about others and I don't think he does either. I would say he went to get Taiga back because he wanted to get her out of that apartment and maybe sell it or something, for profits. Considering that he broke his promise to come see Taiga at the cultural festival, I'd bet he had broken many promises to her before too.

Ryuuji is probably just on Taiga's dad side because of his idealistic, wishful thinking that a father can't be bad to his daughter, since this is how he would feel or want to feel about his own father. He thinks Taiga is happy but he has forgotten that Taiga said she'll only pretend for his sake.

Anyway, my favorite scene is actually when Kitamura inadvertently had a bite of Taiga's crepe. Haha, that was so cute. And then there was Ami with twin tails, kawaii! XD
Dec 18, 2008 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
The crepe bit was the funniest part of the episode, especially Taiga ramming it into Ryuuji's mouth.

Next episode looks quite promising. If Ryuuj actually does get into a fight with Taiga's dad, and beats the crap out of him, it would just be too perfect.
Dec 18, 2008 10:32 PM

Nov 2008
Annisa said:
I'm on Minori's side in this one. Ryuuji has only met Taiga's dad once, ONCE! I personally don't think you can judge a person when you've only met them once. Plus, even Ryuuji's mom said she thinks Taiga's dad doesn't care about others and I don't think he does either. I would say he went to get Taiga back because he wanted to get her out of that apartment and maybe sell it or something, for profits. Considering that he broke his promise to come see Taiga at the cultural festival, I'd bet he had broken many promises to her before too.

Ryuuji is probably just on Taiga's dad side because of his idealistic, wishful thinking that a father can't be bad to his daughter, since this is how he would feel or want to feel about his own father. He thinks Taiga is happy but he has forgotten that Taiga said she'll only pretend for his sake.

Anyway, my favorite scene is actually when Kitamura inadvertently had a bite of Taiga's crepe. Haha, that was so cute. And then there was Ami with twin tails, kawaii! XD

I find your post interesting. You support Minori's side and use the fact Ryuuji has met Taiga's dad once as an excuse. That really blew my mind because you later used Ryuuji's mother (Yak-chan) as a plausible example when she's only met Taiga's dad once and she was half asleep when she "sort" of met him. That makes no sense.

You have no idea how many times Minori has met Taiga's dad and if what she knows about Taiga's dad is through hear say from Taiga herself, which could be that Minori never met Taiga's dad personally. As for the profit thing...I'm not sure about, since he had said in the ep to Yak-chan that Taiga's place was too small for them and he wanted some place bigger which one would assume would also mean bigger.

As for the broken promises I agree he seems to have done that a lot and through Taiga's friendship with Minorin. Minorin would have seen that if he had done it in the past and read her that through that, not because she met him but his lack of action in his daughters life.

I sort of disagree with your understanding of Ryuuji's feelings about Taiga's dad. His feeling, I don't think, is "that a father couldn't be bad to his daughter". It's actually more so that he wishes he had his dad around and doesn't want Taiga to take her dad for granted. Goiing back to last weeks ep remember what Ryuuji said about his dad...he basically implied that he was probably projecting his feelings of dad and how she has one who wants to see her when he will NEVER have that chance or doesn't even know if his dad ever wanted him. He realized he was projecting on her that's why he stopped himself and was going to apologize. Taiga's response was to pretend and he knows that, but he also probably hoped that the pretend would turn into something deeper since to him the father seemed sincere. Or another idea is that he didn't understand what she met by pretend, remember he's not getting the full information on their relationship and did not know what was going on in the past but he felt that the father was sincere and wanted to see his daughter and was making changes in order to attend to his daughter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
mcjazzman32 said:

I wouldn't vote since I agree but have some other ideas. ^_^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALTIMIT said:
It's still a bit too early to make judgement on the fight b/w Ryuuji and Minori as well as Taiga's father.
I like the Ami bit best in this episode. She looks on things as an outsider yet at the same time she can keep her relationship with Ryuuji out of the tangled connection b/w the rest of the main cast.

I have to agree, Ami was really great in this episode and I can honestly say that I was thoroughly impressed by her insight and found her declaration to be extremely romantic even if it was said in a sort of offhanded way. She gave the impression that she wasn't pushing the issue but she would be reminding him and would make Ryuuji aware of her presence in his life as a shoulder of sorts.

I support Taiga and Ryuuji but I do like Ami's character.
-----------------------------------------------------------

mcjazzman32 said:

Ryuuji versus her dad would be sweet, plus it would end that little drama quick, which I would be glad for. I don't want to see Minori and Ryuuji at odds anymore. It breaks my heart.

Why do people assume he's going to be getting into a fight, maybe he's going to take Taiga away from the situation or he came back from a fight and he's angry. I get the feeling that it's not a fight per say but more so him being livid as some sort of thing that was going on and taking Taiga who might have suffered from the situation away from what ever was going on.

There's just way too many kids and I'm seeing a lot of boys. It could be the beauty contest a few posters were talking about and people treating Taiga poorly or something or she was extremely upset by something. Remember episode 8 when Ryuuji got hurt in the pool and Taiga declared her feelings for Ryuuji? Maybe we'll have a similar incident in this ep, in that scene.
Dec 18, 2008 10:54 PM

Sep 2007
I'm going to have to say Ryuuji is acting like this because of his own personal problems with the lack of his own father being around and thus, he failed to see between the lines which Minori could've possibly seen. She knew Taiga longer than Ryuuji did, she could've met her father before and found out something that Ryuuji doesn't know about.

Ami definitely showed a different side in this episode. Her development seems to be the most drastic out of the three females so far.

We need to see more of Ryuuji's MILF and teacher. They're both just so awesome.

slayer545-sama said:
Ok what followed I hated and wished it never happened
because Ryuuji and Kushieda fighting like that and for such a reason---------------->is it really worth it?
Helping a mutual friend out is not worth it?

slayer545-sama said:
It was even funnier to see Yasuko brag about seeing Taiga's father in the window. At this point I was O_O the father really moves in?
You sure fail at interpreting raws. Yasuko was saying how she though the father was a selfish man, not "bragging" about meeting him. And where did you even get the idea he was moving in? Just because you saw a bunch of movers? You ignored what was being said or something?

slayer545-sama said:
The questions in my head------------->Will Ryuujis' mother fall in love with Aisakas' dad?
.... /me facepalms

Dec 18, 2008 11:17 PM

Nov 2008
slayer545-sama, I wanted to say that you brought up a lot of information in your post and I wanted to share some of my thoughts to the eps in relation to your own thoughts and so I decided to target them in a systematic way so that I don't confused and nor does anyone else.

slayer545-sama said:

Attention, I have noticed a three strike blush from Taiga towards Ryuuji! Which to me meant more and more Ryuuji x Taiga possibility apart from all the other hints given in previous episodes, particularly episode 8.I also meant that Taiga seems to be blushing a lot more towards Ryuuji in this episode. Well then talking in the beginning I though things would go for the better, was I wrong about it. First Taiga's father seems rich------------->why?Let's see sports car with quadruple exhaust that looks like a 800i Mercedz benz O_O That tells me a lot already.

I'm not sure if Taiga's feelings for Ryuuji has changed much, and I mean this from episode 8. Episode 8 basically showed where Taiga's feelings lay for Ryuuji, but I do find that she's finding more reasons to say what she's thinking in regards to possible romantic feelings for Ryuuji. Take for example episode 9 where she sees the dream as more of foreshadowing of their future together, hers and Ryuuji. So I think she's coming to terms for that but not that the feelings are developing...I think they're already there.

Well we knew her father was rich before. What kid can move into a luxury condo where the entire second floor belongs to them and have their parents pay for everything?! Only a rich kid. So the car doesn't have to say anything, it was said before and it's just exemplified in this ep in various ways. From the car, to the larger home because that entire floor is too small for him, to the candies for Ami-chan, and the eating at expensive restaurants every night.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:
Second would be of how soft and nice Taiga suddenly became to Ami with her box offering which contained some treats for Ami. That was unexpected-------------->where did the rivalry go?

I disagree. I did not think that Taiga was nice or soft at all. She pushed the candies at Ami and then she started to head-butt Ami's stomach to force her to eat and take them. I don't see that as soft.

Further more, the rivalry didn't go anywhere it was put on hold when Taiga was trying to manipulate Ami so she (Taiga) could get the lead role to impress her father. Remember she was playing the villain and she wanted a better role or a good guy one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:
Ok what followed I
because Ryuuji and Kushieda fighting like that and for such a reason---------------->is it really worth it? I mean they were so good and friendly in episodes 9 and 10 was it really right with such a argument for them to be so angry towards each other to the point of not talking nor looking at each other? Ryuuji x Kushieda looks to be in peril right now.

It was actually the good and friendly that would never develop their relationship. Let me say one thing, until this episode I thought Minorin was worthless and an extremely annoying character. Sure she was cute at first but her silly non-sensical act was downright annoying to the point I was starting to hate the character. I didn't see what she was adding to the story line, since she was not comedy relief nor did she seem to provide any worth to the characters as a whole, just like Kitamura-kun.

However it was in this episode that she had depth and gave something back. I saw how much she cared about Taiga, she made want to know more about Taiga's dad and that relationship considering I was siding with Ryuuji (even though I felt he was projecting his own feelings onto the situation too heavily), and I thought finally I see her serious. I found her credible and I found that she added something to this episode because of that. If that fight didnt' happen she was a waste and I would really want her erased out.

However now we how this relates to Taiga but it adds depth to the Ryuuji/Minorin possible pair-up. Now I can see her as a viable pair for Ryuuji and not some pest. I think this will make Ryuuji question his own feeling for her...but it also brought up the issue that I felt on some level Ryuuji didn't really care how she felt since he felt he was working in Taiga's self interest. Or secondly, he might realize that he is projecting onto Taiga and her dad, his own insecurities about him and his father and didn't like the way Minorin made him feel through her words. All in all it brought something to Minorin than being another Kitamura.

I think also there's levels of jealousy and over protective feelings towards Taiga. Remember Minorin is as fake as Ami-chan. She hides her feelings behind an image that was seen in episode 3 I think when she was locked in that storage building with Ryuuji. She could feel a sense of intrusion into her and Taiga's relationship and has been hiding it all along. While alternatively Ryuuji was feeling the way I stated earlier.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:
Even Taiga could not make them calm down and make up. So Ryuuji goes to refuge where Ami usually hides? LAME! He should he though more on the rooftop or do something else. Ami seems reaffirming her feelings towards Ryuuji which in turn makes me think she might not mind at all this conflict since it could be to her advantage.

Ever think that subconciously or conciously he went there because he wanted to talk to someone and since that area is their usual meet up place, someone was bound to find him there? I didn't find it lame at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

slayer545-sama said:
OMG was Ryuuji's mother hot this episode. The make up/hair/dress where so nicely done.It was even funnier to see Yasuko brag about seeing Taiga's father in the window. At this point I was O_O the father really moves in? WOW! He sure changes fast just like that. I would have preferred to see a little more development here. I mean in the novel it must be better than such a rush.

I'm a massive Yak-chan and Inko-chan fanatic and think she's always drawn nicely even in the manga. So I have to agree with you wholeheartedly she looked fantastic.

As for Taiga's dad, he's not moving in, actually their moving out. From what I read of the subs in the small conversation Yak-chan had with Taiga's dad, they have to move because Taiga's dad finds the apartment to small for them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

slayer545-sama said:
The whole play was a mess not only because the teacher went bonkers *_* how is that possible that such hysteria happens during plays? The other reason is that non-solved fight of Ryuuji and Minori. Failed Broadway imitation XD not to mention Ami was being arrogant which I think it fits the natural role for her in this play. Kushieda was flawless in her role execution of this play Taiga was superb in her kick-------->Ami role, too bad Ami did not get kicked by mistake but oh well. The "bibibibibibibibibibiibbiibib" of Ryuuji was supposed to be funny but I found more stupid.

Ahh, I think I figured out the teacher. Did you see what the lead boy had in his hand? It's the "red string of fate"----An old Chinese proverb or myth states that two people are connected by a string of fate (destiny) and they will then get married, it's about being connected to one's soulmate. Keep in mind how much the teacher is miserable after summer break and before about being, I believe 29 and, unmarried. She just kind of had a crazy moment where she sees the red string to her possible soulmate about to be cut and she'll never get married. That's why she was screaming, "my string, my string" I thought it was a clever interjection in the story and episode.

I thought Ryuuji was funny and I loved both Ami and Taiga's roles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

slayer545-sama said:

1. I have the same question. And I'm sure you mean about Ryuuji and Minorin's relationship. It's going to e interesting to see.
2. I don't think so. I get the feeling by some random fluke Ryuuji's dad comes out of hiding rather than being dead. But I wouldn't mind if Taiga's dad hooked up with the school teacher.
3. I don't know about that and they don't talk about it. If they don't mention it again i would take it at face value that he did.
4. Why would Taiga change? Is there a need for her to change?
5. I do think that Ami will see this as her chance and will take it. However, I want to say she won't be aggressive about it. She will be very understated but keep reminding Ryuuji that she's available.
Dec 18, 2008 11:43 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
I'm going to have to say Ryuuji is acting like this because of his own personal problems with the lack of his own father being around and thus, he failed to see between the lines which Minori could've possibly seen. She knew Taiga longer than Ryuuji did, she could've met her father before and found out something that Ryuuji doesn't know about.

Ami definitely showed a different side in this episode. Her development seems to be the most drastic out of the three females so far.

We need to see more of Ryuuji's MILF and teacher. They're both just so awesome.

slayer545-sama said:
Ok what followed I hated and wished it never happened
because Ryuuji and Kushieda fighting like that and for such a reason---------------->is it really worth it?
Helping a mutual friend out is not worth it? Sometimes things might be out of our hands Sure helping is good but Minori might have not been at the time of the problem so all I am saying is that a solution should have been found that would not result in such arguments I am just trying too hard to write on somethings.

slayer545-sama said:
It was even funnier to see Yasuko brag about seeing Taiga's father in the window. At this point I was O_O the father really moves in?
You sure fail at interpreting raws. Yasuko was saying how she though the father was a selfish man, not "bragging" about meeting him. And where did you even get the idea he was moving in? Just because you saw a bunch of movers? You ignored what was being said or something?Yes perhaps that might be it but I did not interpet anything, she did see the father and there were movers in the background and if you remember #11, there was a mention of the father to possibly move in with Taiga.

slayer545-sama said:
.... /me facepalms Would it not be cool or at least interesting? I mean Ryuuji's mom could sure teach stuff but it would be bad in Aisaka x Ryuuji relation so maybe you are right in this case.

Answers in bold

vaberella said:
slayer545-sama, I wanted to say that you brought up a lot of information in your post and I wanted to share some of my thoughts to the eps in relation to your own thoughts and so I decided to target them in a systematic way so that I don't confused and nor does anyone else.

slayer545-sama said:

I'm not sure if Taiga's feelings for Ryuuji has changed much, and I mean this from episode 8. Episode 8 basically showed where Taiga's feelings lay for Ryuuji, but I do find that she's finding more reasons to say what she's thinking in regards to possible romantic feelings for Ryuuji. Take for example episode 9 where she sees the dream as more of foreshadowing of their future together, hers and Ryuuji. So I think she's coming to terms for that but not that the feelings are developing...I think they're already there.

Well we knew her father was rich before. What kid can move into a luxury condo where the entire second floor belongs to them and have their parents pay for everything?! Only a rich kid. So the car doesn't have to say anything, it was said before and it's just exemplified in this ep in various ways. From the car, to the larger home because that entire floor is too small for him, to the candies for Ami-chan, and the eating at expensive restaurants every night.( Well mostly assumption I would think, I mean in this episode they showed us something material of the father that does prove he in fact rich. Yes, I agreed about your clues but I also insist they are not visually as good as seeing that car. That's all)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:
Second would be of how soft and nice Taiga suddenly became to Ami with her box offering which contained some treats for Ami. That was unexpected-------------->where did the rivalry go?

I disagree. I did not think that Taiga was nice or soft at all. She pushed the candies at Ami and then she started to head-butt Ami's stomach to force her to eat and take them. I don't see that as soft.(Ok perhaps not but you still got to admit the way Taiga was acting at that time she was forcing herself to be nice until she lost the patience.)

Further more, the rivalry didn't go anywhere it was put on hold when Taiga was trying to manipulate Ami so she (Taiga) could get the lead role to impress her father. Remember she was playing the villain and she wanted a better role or a good guy one.(Yes, indeed and the father did not even come! D: BOO!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:
Ok what followed I

It was actually the good and friendly that would never develop their relationship. Let me say one thing, until this episode I thought Minorin was worthless and an extremely annoying character. Sure she was cute at first but her silly non-sensical act was downright annoying to the point I was starting to hate the character. I didn't see what she was adding to the story line, since she was not comedy relief nor did she seem to provide any worth to the characters as a whole, just like Kitamura-kun.

However it was in this episode that she had depth and gave something back. I saw how much she cared about Taiga, she made want to know more about Taiga's dad and that relationship considering I was siding with Ryuuji (even though I felt he was projecting his own feelings onto the situation too heavily), and I thought finally I see her serious. I found her credible and I found that she added something to this episode because of that. If that fight didnt' happen she was a waste and I would really want her erased out.(Ok but it is just me, I don't like violence and disagreements)

However now we how this relates to Taiga but it adds depth to the Ryuuji/Minorin possible pair-up. Now I can see her as a viable pair for Ryuuji and not some pest. I think this will make Ryuuji question his own feeling for her...but it also brought up the issue that I felt on some level Ryuuji didn't really care how she felt since he felt he was working in Taiga's self interest. Or secondly, he might realize that he is projecting onto Taiga and her dad, his own insecurities about him and his father and didn't like the way Minorin made him feel through her words. All in all it brought something to Minorin than being another Kitamura.(Nice way of thinking I do want to know how she can make Ryuuji question himself.)

I think also there's levels of jealousy and over protective feelings towards Taiga. Remember Minorin is as fake as Ami-chan. She hides her feelings behind an image that was seen in episode 3 I think when she was locked in that storage building with Ryuuji. She could feel a sense of intrusion into her and Taiga's relationship and has been hiding it all along. While alternatively Ryuuji was feeling the way I stated earlier. (Yes but did she not change at all since then?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slayer545-sama said:

Ever think that subconciously or conciously he went there because he wanted to talk to someone and since that area is their usual meet up place, someone was bound to find him there? I didn't find it lame at all.(Yes but I think Ryuuji could have done better still.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

slayer545-sama said:
OMG was Ryuuji's mother hot this episode. The make up/hair/dress where so nicely done.It was even funnier to see Yasuko brag about seeing Taiga's father in the window. At this point I was O_O the father really moves in? WOW! He sure changes fast just like that. I would have preferred to see a little more development here. I mean in the novel it must be better than such a rush.

I'm a massive Yak-chan and Inko-chan fanatic and think she's always drawn nicely even in the manga. So I have to agree with you wholeheartedly she looked fantastic.

As for Taiga's dad, he's not moving in, actually their moving out. From what I read of the subs in the small conversation Yak-chan had with Taiga's dad, they have to move because Taiga's dad finds the apartment to small for them.

slayer545-sama said:

Ahh, I think I figured out the teacher. Did you see what the lead boy had in his hand? It's the "red string of fate"----An old Chinese proverb or myth states that two people are connected by a string of fate (destiny) and they will then get married, it's about being connected to one's soulmate. Keep in mind how much the teacher is miserable after summer break and before about being, I believe 29 and, unmarried. She just kind of had a crazy moment where she sees the red string to her possible soulmate about to be cut and she'll never get married. That's why she was screaming, "my string, my string" I thought it was a clever interjection in the story and episode.(Yes, the teacher in this case seemed to be very insecure, I would assume she had much pressure from friends and family to get married. That is also common in Japan such situations.)

I thought Ryuuji was funny and I loved both Ami and Taiga's roles.

slayer545-sama said:

1. I have the same question. And I'm sure you mean about Ryuuji and Minorin's relationship. It's going to e interesting to see.
2. I don't think so. I get the feeling by some random fluke Ryuuji's dad comes out of hiding rather than being dead. But I wouldn't mind if Taiga's dad hooked up with the school teacher.(Nah Ryuuji's mom might be more interesting but the school teacher can have something interesting as well.)
3. I don't know about that and they don't talk about it. If they don't mention it again i would take it at face value that he did.
4. Why would Taiga change? Is there a need for her to change?(No but don't you think that moving of the sudden father influence might change her? I mean who knows)
5. I do think that Ami will see this as her chance and will take it. However, I want to say she won't be aggressive about it. She will be very understated but keep reminding Ryuuji that she's available.

WOW thanks for the response I did not think people would respond to me. :D

Answers in ()
slayer545-samaDec 19, 2008 12:00 AM
Dec 18, 2008 11:45 PM

Jun 2008
Minori was right after all.

Good episode, as usual.
Dec 18, 2008 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode. Toradora never seems to fail to surprise me

Dec 18, 2008 11:55 PM

Jan 2008
Context is everything.

Dec 19, 2008 12:01 AM

Nov 2008
ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

Nice one! :D
Dec 19, 2008 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

LOL. Well played, good sir.

-Saved-
Dec 19, 2008 12:13 AM

Nov 2008
Grmo said:
Minori was right after all.

Good episode, as usual.

That hasn't been determined yet. You're only going by Yak-chan's interpretation.
ZapalacX said:
Context is everything.

Where did you get that subbing? I like the font and print. I watched Sukisubs version on VEOH.
Dec 19, 2008 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
vaberella said:

Where did you get that subbing? I like the font and print. I watched Sukisubs version on VEOH.

It's CoalGuys subs; they're usually the first to come out with them but Suki did one for whatever reason. They left this comment on the TT torrent
Torrent will be removed when coalguys releases.​ Also, I hate my toradora as much as you do, so this is the first and last ep.​
Dec 19, 2008 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
this series has never dissapointed me one bit, amazing episode. great emotions, great comedy, great character development, i can't ask for more.

am i the only one who wants ryuji to end up with ami? :P
Dec 19, 2008 12:35 AM

Jul 2008

not really. though I prefer Ryuuji x Taiga..

Dec 19, 2008 12:39 AM
Mar 2008
Wonder what's Ami's motives behind her teasing and giving advice to Ryuuji, cuz she was really cool this episode. Also Minorin's disgusted face was awesome, she looked normal again. Need more of Ryuuji's mom lol.
Dec 19, 2008 12:49 AM

Nov 2008
Bloody Comcast Bandwidth Cap! Can't torrent the new episode.
Dec 19, 2008 2:05 AM

Nov 2008
Factor said:
vaberella said:

It's CoalGuys subs; they're usually the first to come out with them but Suki did one for whatever reason. They left this comment on the TT torrent
Torrent will be removed when coalguys releases.​ Also, I hate my toradora as much as you do, so this is the first and last ep.​

That's too bad. I liked theirs a lot. I really take issue with CoalGuys a lot of the time but I do like that print. I'll check it out today. Thanks for responding.

WTFwasThat said:
Wonder what's Ami's motives behind her teasing and giving advice to Ryuuji, cuz she was really cool this episode. Also Minorin's disgusted face was awesome, she looked normal again. Need more of Ryuuji's mom lol.

Easy... she said so herself. She wants Ryuuji to be hers alone. She's romantically interested in him.
Dec 19, 2008 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
velcom said:

Me too, me too. She's great, and serious - if she wants of course.
Dec 19, 2008 4:04 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode! I thought that make-up Ryuuji had on was hilarious! That glance reminded me of a scene from Karin with Kenta. Overall, I think this series has been brillant, I look forward to next week's episode XD!
Dec 19, 2008 4:26 AM

May 2007
89pawel said:
velcom said:

A recent pair up I'd also love to see. Ami really have changed now and her character is 5 times better than when she first debuted. The old Ami wouldn't have easily yield to Taiga for switching role when she forced her.

Like Ryuuji, looks like we've seen the wrong impression of a "good father" from the last episode. Then again, the story was told by Ryuuji's narration lol. Very great development. Her dad didn't even make more than a minute of appearance in this episode but his character was shifted with a negative image. Minorin had always have a keen judgment on people and I'm sure she knew Taiga's past well. Since it's been overshadowed several times in this episode, Taiga's father being manipulative may be true in the end. Minorin would never to actually despise someone with that expression. First, Minorin's negative expression, then Ryuuji's mom felt disappointed about his father suddenly came and authorized the moving, and in the end he didn't come/messaged Taiga during the festival.

slayer545-sama said:
Dude you saying Ryuuji might fight the dad in the next episode because of this?-------------->
Hmm it could be his father or Minorin, but either way it seems there's gonna be a bad blood going on in the next episode. Ryuuji's image who's always passive and soft-spoken could change for an occasion. His "delinquent" looks looks intimidating under the setting sun from that episode preview. Ryuuji had his family issue, so he instinctively try to get a broken family back together. He even acted forceful about it in the beginning. If he realized what Minorin said was true, he'd get so pissed off.

Like some of the people have said here, Toradora always managed surprise and amaze me each and every episode. A cultural festival that could've been total cliché managed to turn into something unpredictable and unusual. I mean... pro wrestling show? That was freaking awesome.

Taiga vs. Ami in a PRO WRESTLING? Never thought I'd ever seen that!

slayer545-sama said:
OMG was Ryuuji's mother hot this episode. The make up/hair/dress where so nicely done.
But seriously. She does! I thought she looked different and more appealing than usual.

Anyway, IIIIIIIII LLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Before I'd explode in excitement, I'll just throw some GIFs~

Can't wait for next episode!
chibukiDec 19, 2008 4:30 AM
Dec 19, 2008 4:38 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode with a nice mix of comedy and serious moments.

Ami was awesome and tbh as it's right now I'd be fine with Ryuu ending up with either one of the 3.
yakisobapanDec 19, 2008 6:31 AM
Dec 19, 2008 5:46 AM

Aug 2008
Love those gifs, thanks man!

89pawel said:
velcom said:

Signed, Ami sure is great and getting better with every ep

BTW, wasn't the artstyle a bit different this time around?
Dec 19, 2008 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
I love the ending, that Taiga's father didn't show up, or texted her? I also love the part where Minori and Ryuuji's fight gonna be higlighted in the next episode.

Dec 19, 2008 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
Very good episode, lots of plot development. I'm hoping this leads to a strengthening of Taiga and Ryuuji's bond in the next episode. Also, the wrestling show was pretty funny. 5/5
Dec 19, 2008 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
velcom said:

Nope, same here :)
Good episode...and most probably if there is going to be fight between ryuuji and someone, it's going to be Taiga...
Dec 19, 2008 10:28 AM

Oct 2008
I guess Taiga didn't hug her dad in ep 11 for a good reason; because he's a douche. Must suck for her to try to get along with her dad for Ryuuji's sake, then get her own hopes up only for the dad to ditch her performance. Hell, does Taiga even know that her dad was moving stuff out while she was at school? Maybe that's another dick move on the dad's part.

Ryuuji's just being a retard about not apologizing to Minorin, he's forgetting the best part of that... making up. I think he'll have to take her out to lunch or something to make up for arguing with her. He's gotta parlay.

Overall, nice building up episode but nothing spectacularly funny.
Dec 19, 2008 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:

"Pro-wrestling" huh? Doesn't look like that to me! >_> lawlz
Dec 19, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, toradora is still win.
Dec 19, 2008 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
ChiBuki said:

Ok then, a pro-wrestling play instead of pro-wrestling.
Dec 19, 2008 11:48 AM

Jun 2008
Pretty cool episode, though I was a bit lost with that whole wrestling play of theirs. I also felt that the "Ryuuji/Minori" fight was kind of silly. Minori has known Taiga's dad much longer than him obviously, since he barley met him once.

Ryuuji looks like he may open a can next episode.

By the way, any idea on what was on Taiga's cell phone? I can only assume it has something to do with the move, or perhaps the fact that her dad couldn't make it.
Retro8bitDec 19, 2008 1:06 PM
Dec 19, 2008 11:56 AM

Sep 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Wasabi said:
ChiBuki said:

Ok then, a pro-wrestling play instead of pro-wrestling.

I think you missed the point...
Dec 19, 2008 12:00 PM

Nov 2008

What point, it's not pro-wrestling but it is within a play so it = to pro-wrestling play which would mean a show that involves drama/pro-wrestling/comedy.

Wasabi said:
HoaRy said:
That gif looks more like a rape :/

^ This

Call me whatever but I did not think it like that. Rape? In Toradora? Maybe with imagination. Unless drama is involved, there is no way they would something like that. Yeah I agreed with you people it looks like that but I don't see that way.
slayer545-samaDec 19, 2008 1:19 PM
Dec 19, 2008 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Dec 19, 2008 12:27 PM

Sep 2007
HoaRy said:

^ This
Dec 19, 2008 12:29 PM

Sep 2007
slayer545-sama said:

What point, it's not pro-wrestling but it is within a play so it = to pro-wrestling play which would mean a show that involves drama/pro-wrestling/comedy.

Thanks for the laugh.
Dec 19, 2008 12:42 PM
Dec 2007
I'm glad that there's finally some friction between Ryuji and Minori.
And poor Taiga... I hate when a parent promises to come to an event and winds up never showing.
Dec 19, 2008 1:38 PM
Dec 2007
The last sentence was just perfect in this context, I commend the script writers for this.

lightychan said:
Awesome episode. Toradora never seems to fail to surprise me

I was thinking exactly the same thing, the story and characters in themselves are very basic, but it's so well executed and developped, with absolutely fantastic interactions between characters that it's always surprinsingly good. I didn't want to watch this show in the beginning based on the fact that it was another comedy-romance adaptation of a light novel with Rie Kugimiya in the role of a small tsundere, but in the end Toradora is probably my favourite show of this season along with Nodame, (and I'm not a romance-comedy fan in general...) and the best show of the style since Haruhi.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 19, 2008 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
I loved this episode. A lot of hilarious moments, especially when Kitamura took a bite out of Taiga's food.

I'm interested to see how Taiga's storyline with her father plays out. It can't go well.

BEGINNER
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.