Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2008 8:47 AM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was right, haha. The flying eyeball IS Furuichi! But it's kinda sad I feel that this series go to end already.
KinetaSep 13, 2012 11:41 AM
Dec 18, 2008 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
I knew it! The flying ball was connected to Akiyuki. Nice episode indeed and the art is good as always. I though putting more thoughts since I saw this earlier. This episode needs a nice review just cause Akiyuki finally gets to remember who he is.

The beginning with Kakisu talking with Midori Nishimura surprised to be honest. That is because the way their conversation turns out. Midori mentioning to confirm herself if the army came to do a war and to her surprise Kakisu says yes.What really pissed me off it that she actually sign the contract. STUPID! Kakisu will use her for his own benefits of experiments and anyone who does not see that must be blind. Look at what he did to Furuichi through his Hiruko implantation.

The Dr. talking to Nazuna about giving up Midori for him, made me think that I would love to kill him myselfThat is because Nazuna to me is far less important than Midori. Midori to me is far more innocent so when another person implies someone into such a affair just to save another live to me it is more "Who are you to say she will be ok to be used like guinea pig instead of the live you saved?"

On top of that Nazuna says "Midori will soon suffer" (proof in pic) and that by itself was like a to me "I knew it" thing. Midori made a huge mistake and now I am wondering if she will have a implanted Hikuro in her I also wonder if her choice was more selfish than beneficial to her own health since Haru entered in something that she never though she could enter herself. This shocked me!: Nazuna says to the Dr. "Her (most likely meaning Midori) terrible finishing blow, please watch over her" does mean Midori will die? :( No! I do not want this at all to see her dead even. Those thoughts are lingering in me about this series. I don't know why this is only how I feel.

Nice view from where Akiyuki was standing with Furuichi eyeball and of course Sumako was down below which made me think Akiyuki is quite somewhere high up. I still cannot how nasty Furuichi eyeball was to Akiyuki to make him remember his name but perhaps death might have been the only motivation for Akiyuki.

The whole deal of Haru with the dealer to get that flying machine was smelling bad from a mile to me. At first I though the guy might be nice to girls but in the end he was a sleaze ball! Cause of him Haru almost got killed during her travel through Zauka canyon. I wonder if she even paid more to that dealer for his clue on those humanforms.

The whole scene that happened after in the Tessik village between Nakiami and Kujireika was quite dramatic. I mean here you have perfect banquet and it degenerates into Kujireika almost choking to death Nakiami in half Xam form and having Yango almost kill her with his blade arm. That was nuts but I would rather be on Nakiami's side when it comes to stopping more lives from being lost.

Haru going into the Zauka canyon was outstanding and well done.Particularly liked the jet and her flying through That is until the crappy machine fails cause the dealer does not squat about mechanics and the one who sold him. I was also surprised she used the Shinbudo and succeeded in fixing the flying machine. She did not have much choice anyways since the humanforms would kill her.

The next scene bothered me. I mean why would Ahm lie to Yunbo about Ishuu when she wants to have the ship work and get out from they are stuck. I will say it out right lame, lame, lame, lame and lame they did not make the ship take off still after so much has happened. Why would Ishuu also go with Raygyou to pick up some oil and not tell anyone even if she was concerned causing them unnecessary worries?

Akiyuki get asked to remember once more his name and each time he fails Furuichi eyeball tell him to take a step forward until he plunges to death from high heights.
The scene that followed was the most beautiful I have seen in this series. It is when Akiyuki fall to his death since he could not remember his name then Haru catches him and says out loud his name! Akiyuki then remembers his name and the mask is gone. They almost plunged down until Akiyuki puts his hand over the one of Haru. That was so nice. They soar up but the best is when Akiyuki gets four beautiful fairy wings! The music made me T_T tear up so much all was so perfect in this scene! PERFECT!

The scene with Yango and Nakiami during the time she goes away from the village of Tessik was nice. I mean she forgave Yango even if he broke his promise.It sucks Nakiami could not resolve things differently. Boo!

It was nice to learn about the village being called Amau and also great to learn the old lady is Sumako since I wanted to know for some time. His last letter was a nice gesture of Akiyuki. What was shocking is that Sumako is the mother of Kakisu O_O That was surprising and I would have never though of it.

After the credits even more shocking Furuichi eyeball is the Hiruken Emperor? O_O WTH? How can Furuichi eyeball get such powers? How?

1.Beautiful scene and it made T_T with the music.
2.I don't like the fact Midori will suffer.

In spoiler
1.This situation is bad!
slayer545-samaDec 22, 2008 11:38 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 18, 2008 5:21 PM
Dec 2008
Reverted Eureka. This green wings and a seed in the forehead say it all.
rkfgDec 18, 2008 5:26 PM
Dec 18, 2008 5:25 PM
Dec 2008
eurekafag said:
Reverted Eureka. This green wings and a seed in the forehead says it all.

And his mask looks like Grim Reaper's mask in Darker Than Black. What's happening to bones?! Are they feel nostalgic for old heroes???
Dec 18, 2008 5:30 PM
Dec 2008
I guess they ran out of ideas and try to copy&paste their own masterpieces in new forms. Well, I can't say I don't like where it's all going to but Bones disappoint me.
Dec 18, 2008 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
Gargron said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was right, haha. The flying eyeball IS Furuichi! But it's kinda sad I feel that this series go to end already.

ya thats pretty gay. Furuichi should have stayed dead. O well I guess their building up for a huge fight between Furuichi and Akiyuki.
Dec 18, 2008 10:08 PM
Dec 2008
Isn't the floating eyeball the soul of the Hiruken emperor? The scene before the preview made it clear I thought.
Dec 18, 2008 11:30 PM

Dec 2007
Why do i feel like that entire episode was one big Eureka Seven tribute? The way Akiyuki regains his memories, similar to episode 26 of E7. After Haru's Beat Kayak falters in the air, the way they fell ^^;;
and of course the green wings

*tries to control his inner Eureka Seven fanboy*
Dec 18, 2008 11:53 PM

Sep 2008
i thought this episode was brilliant! i mean yea some was like eureka 7 but who cares i loved that series :P was not expecting the old lady to be related to that guy!
Dec 19, 2008 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
Xam'd is always awesome <3 :3
Dec 19, 2008 1:05 AM
Mar 2008
Great episode, Haru x Akiyuki scenes were cool, reminded me of Eureka Seven.
Dec 19, 2008 1:19 AM
Nov 2008
OMGGGGG I'm sure happy furuichi still alive. that should be interesting....

when I saw the wings, it was like WTF EUREKA XD (and with the red spot in is forhead!)

I think is cool though~

Haru & Akiyuki scenes were awesome! I hoped for something more exciting and touching, that would make me cry... but it was still very good!!!!

ahh I really wanted that Haru will kiss Akiyuki ;;

suprising ending with the old lady hehe....
Dec 19, 2008 2:20 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not getting why people are thinking Furuichi is still alive. He IS NOT the eyeball thing because that was shown to be the Hiruken Emperor after the credits.

Unless Furuichi = Hiruken Emperor, which wouldn't make any sense.
Dec 19, 2008 8:28 AM

Jun 2007
ghostphace said:
I'm not getting why people are thinking Furuichi is still alive. He IS NOT the eyeball thing because that was shown to be the Hiruken Emperor after the credits.

Unless Furuichi = Hiruken Emperor, which wouldn't make any sense.

I agree, I really thought it was the kid in the jail cell from the last episode, but since Akiyuki addresses the eye as Furuichi (ie.
"Akiyuki: Right Furuichi?
Eyeball: Then die!")
it makes it seem like the eye really is/was Furuichi.

Honestly though I hope it's not. If some gay shit happened like Furuichi merged with the emperor or something I'll be mad.
Dec 19, 2008 9:37 AM
Dec 2008
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/309540/1229707166330.jpg (too large pic to insert with BBCode, so just a link).
Ok, where is your Xam'd now?
Dec 19, 2008 10:27 AM
Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:

This is because Akiyuki was still attempting to recover his name, going through his memories of others and calling off their names. Rewatch the scene. The eye isn't Furuichi. Akiyuki is just running through a memory of Furuichi being next to him in the class room.
Dec 19, 2008 5:13 PM

Jun 2007
alexanderon said:
DeathfireD said:

This is because Akiyuki was still attempting to recover his name, going through his memories of others and calling off their names. Rewatch the scene. The eye isn't Furuichi. Akiyuki is just running through a memory of Furuichi being next to him in the class room.

I hope your right. It would suck if Furuichi was back. His death was the best part of the show. So out of no where and shocking.
Dec 19, 2008 8:59 PM
May 2007
He Tore off his own head. He's dead.
Dec 20, 2008 5:15 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
the eyeball thing is definitely not Furuichi guys.
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 20, 2008 9:58 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, while I found the last few episodes to be pretty slow, this episode had a good pace and some nice developments.

The next one looks great too.
Dec 20, 2008 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
furuichi or not,
this episode rock!!!

from now on, we need some action scenes!!! \m/
Dec 20, 2008 3:07 PM
Nov 2008
guys what are you talking about? it's pretty obvious that the eyeball is furuichi. it has his voice O.O
and he says "now I remember you, akiyuki... come and kill me"
furuichi probably didn't die and somehow get to be the hiruken emperor...
Dec 20, 2008 10:06 PM
Jun 2008
We'll find out next episode, hopefully.

I don't care if Furuichi is dead or alive...well, sort of. I didn't think he could kill himself that easily since he was a Xam'd that could pull all sorts of Tetsuo craziness.

Anyway, I liked this episode and the reunion between Akiyuki and Haru was the highlight. I hope Nakiami also finds some resolve in her situation. She's the only other character besides Haru that's doing anything.
Dec 21, 2008 9:25 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome, AkiyukixHaru scenes. Yeah, Akiyuki looks so much cooler than Eureka (although Eureka's wings did have a certain charm to them...). He also looked a lot more mature this episode... maybe they were just drawing his eyes smaller.
And the old lady is Kakisu's mother? Wow.

Tencellar said:
He Tore off his own head. He's dead.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We don't know what a Xam'd's biology is. For all we know, the head could be unnecessary — the Hiruko being the center of intelligence.

As far as the floating eye goes, it could be the Hiruken emperor, seeing as he's been spouting broadcast propaganda this entire time. But it would be awesome if it was Furuichi, and he posessed the Hiruken Emperor's body. BTW, did anyone else think the Emperor's 'attendants' looked like Dorok scientists from Nausicaä (the book)?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 21, 2008 10:13 PM

Oct 2007
Watch the full ep. After the credits IT IS CLEARLY SHOWN THE EYEBALL IS THE HIRUKEN EMPEROR. There is no doubt about this, weird twist though. Level up forAkiyuki, wings now for flying effect. Lol I love the homage to E7 and also the irony of staying in the home of the mother of your enemy. Off to the Quickening chamber we shall go.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 21, 2008 11:02 PM

Aug 2007
I've had Eureka 7 on my plan to watch list for a while. 50 episodes just seems too much for me. but after hearing or seeing all of these comments on this thread, I feel that I must watch it now. Plus I just enjoy watching this anime.

Anyways finally the episodes are awesome again. Time to start giving it 5/5 again.
Dec 22, 2008 4:48 AM

Aug 2008
Jarmel said:
Watch the full ep. After the credits IT IS CLEARLY SHOWN THE EYEBALL IS THE HIRUKEN EMPEROR. There is no doubt about this, weird twist though.
Yeah, we all know it's the Hiruken Emperor because the obviously highly adebt scientists said so.

/sarcasm
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 23, 2008 11:02 PM
Aug 2007
eurekafag said:
Reverted Eureka. This green wings and a seed in the forehead say it all.

So true. I always felt this show and Eureka had a lot of similarities anyways, so just coming more to form all the time I guess.
Dec 24, 2008 2:57 PM
Dec 2008
zippy said:
So true. I always felt this show and Eureka had a lot of similarities anyways, so just coming more to form all the time I guess.

So it goes. I don't get why they decided to remake Eureka in such way. Maybe they weren't satisfied with it (I don't believe it) or they want to try the same ideas with older characters, who knows. Anyway I'm going to watch it further at least for teh lulz ^_^
Dec 27, 2008 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
Akiyuki x Haru ftw. Haru is quite brave to go through that field D:
Dec 27, 2008 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
I don't understand half of the ting that happen in this anime, it's is so all over the place, but the art and animation are amazing!
Dec 28, 2008 11:52 PM

Mar 2008
KuroRinX said:
I don't understand half of the ting that happen in this anime, it's is so all over the place, but the art and animation are amazing!

haha this calls for rewatching the anime then XD i know i watched ep 17 twice lol but thta was because i was really tierd when i watched it so i just did to make sure i didnt miss anything

episode 19 was a great episode i really like where they are taking the story to... too bad theres only 26 episode i want it to be a lil longer

new sig
Dec 30, 2008 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
So now it finally begins, getting back on track, wow revealation at end of episode was ... unexpected.
Dec 31, 2008 9:17 AM

Apr 2007
holy shit, that was beautiful

。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 1, 2009 9:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, funny how all the pieces of the puzzle fall together. This was a really nice episode. Regular Xam'd quality.

Haru-KICK!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 6, 2009 4:40 PM

Oct 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Jarmel said:
Watch the full ep. After the credits IT IS CLEARLY SHOWN THE EYEBALL IS THE HIRUKEN EMPEROR. There is no doubt about this, weird twist though.
Yeah, we all know it's the Hiruken Emperor because the obviously highly adebt scientists said so.

/sarcasm

Um yes. These scientists actually work with the Hiruken Emperor since they knew when it was laughing and knew when it was back so it's pretty obvious that it's the Emperor.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 10, 2009 4:03 AM

Feb 2008
Very good episode. But it elapsed really fast. :(
cyruz said:
Haru-KICK!

Funniest moment in this episode. :P
Jan 26, 2009 10:56 AM
Jul 2008
The kid was kl when he helped Nakiami. Finally Akiyuki has his memories bk.
Jan 27, 2009 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
Simply awesome. Not just great, but epic and beautiful. The OST was epic (again) and plot twists were really unexpected (as for me).
Jan 27, 2009 5:21 PM

Jan 2008
Excellent episode. Good to see Haru and Akiyuki reunited.
Feb 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
haha haru was awesome, she is becoming more and more my fav char <3
woah kinda suprised at the end, didnt think that she would be his mother. but that scen with the wings really remind me of eureka, i think they even had nearly the same dialogue. now i am hoping for a haru XX akiyuki end ><

Mar 20, 2009 10:22 AM

Nov 2008
Best one.
May 18, 2009 7:42 AM

Aug 2008
sniW said:
Excellent episode. Good to see Haru and Akiyuki reunited.

On the journey to find Akiyuki, I loved it when her Kayak stopped in the snow by some Anti-human monsters. It was a fantastic noise she made whilst kicking the kayak back to life!

Good to see them reunited, and the mask finally off. Was a pretty sad episode up til that point.
May 27, 2009 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
Seems like it's fate that she found him, or he has just pure luck. And i never expected that ending. 5/5
Jun 19, 2009 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
Anyone else realize how similar the Haru + Akiyuki flying scene was to Spirited Away's final scene between Chihiro (Her name?) and the water spirit Haku? They were so similar it was painful.

The whole cast is split up so there are a bunch of stories floating around. I feel like they're all going to come together in the end.
Nov 14, 2009 11:55 AM

May 2009
slayer545-sama said:
I knew it! The flying ball was connected to Akiyuki. Nice episode indeed and the art is good as always. I though putting more thoughts since I saw this earlier. This episode needs a nice review just cause Akiyuki finally gets to remember who he is.

The beginning with Kakisu talking with Midori Nishimura surprised to be honest. That is because the way their conversation turns out. Midori mentioning to confirm herself if the army came to do a war and to her surprise Kakisu says yes.What really pissed me off it that she actually sign the contract. STUPID! Kakisu will use her for his own benefits of experiments and anyone who does not see that must be blind. Look at what he did to Furuichi through his Hiruko implantation.

The Dr. talking to Nazuna about giving up Midori for him, made me think that I would love to kill him myselfThat is because Nazuna to me is far less important than Midori. Midori to me is far more innocent so when another person implies someone into such a affair just to save another live to me it is more "Who are you to say she will be ok to be used like guinea pig instead of the live you saved?"

On top of that Nazuna says "Midori will soon suffer" (proof in pic) and that by itself was like a to me "I knew it" thing. Midori made a huge mistake and now I am wondering if she will have a implanted Hikuro in her I also wonder if her choice was more selfish than beneficial to her own health since Haru entered in something that she never though she could enter herself. This shocked me!: Nazuna says to the Dr. "Her (most likely meaning Midori) terrible finishing blow, please watch over her" does mean Midori will die? :( No! I do not want this at all to see her dead even. Those thoughts are lingering in me about this series. I don't know why this is only how I feel.

Nice view from where Akiyuki was standing with Furuichi eyeball and of course Sumako was down below which made me think Akiyuki is quite somewhere high up. I still cannot how nasty Furuichi eyeball was to Akiyuki to make him remember his name but perhaps death might have been the only motivation for Akiyuki.

The whole deal of Haru with the dealer to get that flying machine was smelling bad from a mile to me. At first I though the guy might be nice to girls but in the end he was a sleaze ball! Cause of him Haru almost got killed during her travel through Zauka canyon. I wonder if she even paid more to that dealer for his clue on those humanforms.

The whole scene that happened after in the Tessik village between Nakiami and Kujireika was quite dramatic. I mean here you have perfect banquet and it degenerates into Kujireika almost choking to death Nakiami in half Xam form and having Yango almost kill her with his blade arm. That was nuts but I would rather be on Nakiami's side when it comes to stopping more lives from being lost.

Haru going into the Zauka canyon was outstanding and well done.Particularly liked the jet and her flying through That is until the crappy machine fails cause the dealer does not squat about mechanics and the one who sold him. I was also surprised she used the Shinbudo and succeeded in fixing the flying machine. She did not have much choice anyways since the humanforms would kill her.

The next scene bothered me. I mean why would Ahm lie to Yunbo about Ishuu when she wants to have the ship work and get out from they are stuck. I will say it out right lame, lame, lame, lame and lame they did not make the ship take off still after so much has happened. Why would Ishuu also go with Raygyou to pick up some oil and not tell anyone even if she was concerned causing them unnecessary worries?

Akiyuki get asked to remember once more his name and each time he fails Furuichi eyeball tell him to take a step forward until he plunges to death from high heights.
The scene that followed was the most beautiful I have seen in this series. It is when Akiyuki fall to his death since he could not remember his name then Haru catches him and says out loud his name! Akiyuki then remembers his name and the mask is gone. They almost plunged down until Akiyuki puts his hand over the one of Haru. That was so nice. They soar up but the best is when Akiyuki gets four beautiful fairy wings! The music made me T_T tear up so much all was so perfect in this scene! PERFECT!

The scene with Yango and Nakiami during the time she goes away from the village of Tessik was nice. I mean she forgave Yango even if he broke his promise.It sucks Nakiami could not resolve things differently. Boo!

It was nice to learn about the village being called Amau and also great to learn the old lady is Sumako since I wanted to know for some time. His last letter was a nice gesture of Akiyuki. What was shocking is that Sumako is the mother of Kakisu O_O That was surprising and I would have never though of it.

After the credits even more shocking Furuichi eyeball is the Hiruken Emperor? O_O WTH? How can Furuichi eyeball get such powers? How?

1.Beautiful scene and it made T_T with the music.
2.I don't like the fact Midori will suffer.

In spoiler
1.This situation is bad!

Well, you resumed pretty much the whole episode. And you're so right about that beautifully executed scene where Haru catches Akiyuki's fall T_T
Dec 16, 2010 10:18 PM

Oct 2009
My body was ready for Haru x Akiyuki, heck it has been since 5 episodes ago.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2011 3:51 PM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who is sad this show went Akyuki x Haru?
Sep 13, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
Werrston said:
Am I the only one who is sad this show went Akyuki x Haru?

Nope. I feel the same. Would of liked Nakiami much more.
Dec 28, 2011 8:19 PM

Sep 2010
That damn Eyeball ate that Armband, so it might be really furuichi, and also he said that he must be killed, I don't really get that part.
Nice to Aki and Haru reunited.
So the old lady is the mother of that damn commander.
Next episode, Kujireika is gonnal strip...
alpatroseDec 28, 2011 8:26 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 25 Discussion

Esquire - Jan 28, 2009

47 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daveid9001 - Jan 7, 2009

50 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.