Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2012
alot of added cheesy content lol
Mar 31, 2013 9:19 AM

Dec 2008
Maioula said:

If you intent to read the manga now that the series ended you will change your opinion about Lector.. because...
SPOILERS

....You haven't read after that chapter I take it...
Mar 31, 2013 9:21 AM

Nov 2008
I remember when the anime adaptation was announced, it was only a couple of months since I seriously started watching anime and was following currently airing anime, and did not plan on ever picking up one of those long-running shounen shows, but this one did somewhat spark my interest. Without having any prior knowledge of the manga, I plunged into the first episode. When only a couple of weeks had passed, many fans of the manga had already allegedly dropped the show, yet I still continued. My watching experience wasn't tainted, and I couldn't believe how much, mindless fun a 'typical fight' shounen could be. And now, almost four years later, I still enjoy it just as much as a I did before. (Albeit, some of the terrible filler arcs were even too much for me.)

So yes, I can only hope for what yet's to come!~
And yes, I'm curious about that terrible foresight Levy saw coming..
edit: Oh and honestly, if I just read what was true in this thread, then seriously, suck it everyone, for not using spoiler tags damnit. Manga =/= anime, okay?! ... Enjoyment ruined.
desolatoMar 31, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 31, 2013 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
Wow, so damn nice, this last episode. I both love it and hate it when I'm left with a cliffhanger. Please continue as soon as possible, Fairy Tail.
Mar 31, 2013 5:34 PM
Jun 2012
They should have finished the last day of the tournament. That way, they could stop the show right on the dragon attack day, then start the show in 7 years on the 7th of july.
Mar 31, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2010
A much more enjoyable episode than last weeks. A nice place to end it, just hope the series comes back and doesn't fall by the wayside.

Mar 31, 2013 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
Bigbuffoon said:

1) Too fixated on "friendship beats all", but it's shounen, so it's a standard theme I guess
2) FT too OP
3) Too much otaku fanservice i.e. boobs, panty shots, etc.

THIS! Especially 1) and 3) (I have my issues with too much fanservice, be it targeted to male or female audience).
Sadly, I even find Naruto more enjoyable and I'm not particularly fan of it.
Nonetheless, it's worthwhile for killing time if you have nth better to watch. One thing I appreciate of this show though is, that it gets to the point.

5/10 from me.
shiroi-ookamiMar 31, 2013 8:49 PM
Mar 31, 2013 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
episode was ok, definetely better than last few episodes definetely extra cheezzz. Now there gonna pull a Bleach on us zzz. i prefer watching anime than reading manga especially ones with fight scenes. When will they returnnn >.<
skytearMar 31, 2013 9:15 PM
Apr 1, 2013 5:08 AM

Jan 2010
skytear said:
Now there gonna pull a Bleach on us zzz.

Fairy Tail is at least coming back after they let the manga get ahead a bit.
I think Bleach is done forever, unless they're doing the same thing..? Do you all know something I don't about Bleach? :o
Apr 1, 2013 5:24 AM

Apr 2012
All I can say is I LOVE FAIRY TAIL.
Apr 1, 2013 8:46 AM

Jun 2010
Oh my, now I have to wait to know what'll happen next..
U know all this Levy's retelling, somebody's dead, lose to fate and stuff..
Don't want to read the manga though, anime is better
Apr 1, 2013 8:51 AM

Mar 2011
And it is over :(.

Well it said To be continued, so maybe there is hope they will make more if they solve the budget problems or whatever the reasoning was.

Is there any word on the announcement that was suppose to be made?

Also does anyone know what chapter this is in the Manga? And if it would be logical to just pick up from this point onwards in the Manga (is the manga very different?).
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 1, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2008
TehWhiteTiger said:

Well it said To be continued, so maybe there is hope they will make more if they solve the budget problems or whatever the reasoning was.

Also does anyone know what chapter this is in the Manga? And if it would be logical to just pick up from this point onwards in the Manga (is the manga very different?).

You'd be looking for chapter 297. That's exactly where the anime left off

Archlyte said:

Hahahahahahaha -NO. Other than music and voices, the manga is vastly superior
Apr 1, 2013 9:42 AM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

You'd be looking for chapter 297. That's exactly where the anime left off

Archlyte said:

Hahahahahahaha -NO. Other than music and voices, the manga is vastly superior

Thank you :P.

I don't mind manga, but if I have the option, I prefer to watch anime, even if it misses stuff out. I am still hoping the series is picked up again.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 1, 2013 10:56 AM
Jul 2009
Don't get me wrong--I like Lucy (she looks damn good, too)...but the sappiness of her scenes (and her behavior) was annoying the hell out of me.

It's not unreasonable for her to be that way, though, given what happened to her at the hands of Sabertooth, but...maybe it could have been done differently.

Now, either a movie or the continuation of the series is next. I wouldn't mind if the series took a break until the manga sufficiently distanced itself from this last episode.

BTW, with how this is ending I'm reminded GREATLY of Groove Adventure Rave's anime. Except this'll continue, somehow.
Apr 1, 2013 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
I hope this isn't just there to get people's hopes up.

http://i.imgur.com/I9DhHDY.png
Apr 1, 2013 3:59 PM
Dec 2012
I'm asking this for someone else:
Can someone tell me what's the name of the song that starts playing when Rogue say's: "Total Defeat"?
Apr 1, 2013 4:11 PM

Nov 2010
missunify said:
I hope this isn't just there to get people's hopes up.

http://i.imgur.com/I9DhHDY.png
It was in the manga first, so don't get your hopes up.
Apr 1, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2011
Natsu is so COOL!!!

I'll miss FT :'(
Apr 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2011
FireBallsDJ said:
Btw am I the only one that hated Rogue and Sting's cats? Seriously, especially Sting's. Wanted to pull off his tail so bad >.<

You are not the only one. Me too... XD
Apr 2, 2013 2:04 AM
Sep 2012
well i loved the fight and the techniques used by both parties ... the plot is getting more and more interesting and little by little it's starting to get clearer ... but what interests me more is the graveyard and gajeel .. i eagerly wanna know where is this thing going :D
Apr 2, 2013 3:55 AM

Sep 2011
Really good ending
Looking forward for second season
Apr 3, 2013 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
And so it ends. Well, the anime, at least.

I admit, Fairy Tail has been one of the most entertaining animes I have seen. And only the second anime that has over 100 episodes that I have bothered watching. FT kinda grew on me. Even though I read the manga, I'll still miss this show. There has been ups and downs (crappy fillers and all that), but FT has proven to be an anime that lots of people came to love. I'm still unsure how they're gonna continue this (or even just finish the Dai Matou Enbu arc) but I will stay tuned and will continue to support it.

Kudos, Mashima-sensei! :)
Apr 3, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
I guess there are 2 reasons why the fairy tail is ended

1. The voice actress of Lucy Hearthfilia (Aya Hirano) is involved on a scandal.

2. The Anime is catching up to the Manga.

Still, Fairy Tail wont end like that, They'll look for another Voice actress that matches Aya Hirano's voice acting. It'll take months or years for that. Let's just be patient.
Apr 3, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
pilyo00 said:

1. Terrible ratings in Japan.

Fixed.
Apr 3, 2013 10:02 PM

May 2010
nenykudo said:
FireBallsDJ said:
Btw am I the only one that hated Rogue and Sting's cats? Seriously, especially Sting's. Wanted to pull off his tail so bad >.<

You are not the only one. Me too... XD

Haha,u are going to be damn happy to read the manga then...if u know what i mean:P
Apr 4, 2013 2:16 AM

Apr 2008
pilyo00 said:

1. The voice actress of Lucy Hearthfilia (Aya Hirano) is involved on a scandal.

Still, Fairy Tail wont end like that, They'll look for another Voice actress that matches Aya Hirano's voice acting. It'll take months or years for that. Let's just be patient.

That scandal was two years ago FFS.
Apr 4, 2013 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
Ah god im gonna miss this show, one of my favorite shounens. We didn't even get to see Kagura and Erza fight :( And I don't think I even have to mention how epic that fight was.

Fairy Tail was one of those animes that you're really never prepared to take off your currently watching list. At least that was my case. I could always looks towards fairy tail thinking it was a constant on my currently watching list, but when the time comes and you complete it you're filled with a small void in your anime fan heart :I

I'll give it a year or two for the second season to come out, hopefully it'll have improved animation and art by then :P

9/10 teh feels
LibertyPrimeApr 4, 2013 9:53 AM
Apr 4, 2013 11:57 AM
Aug 2012
So how big is the gap between anime and manga chapter-/episode-/arc-wise?
Apr 4, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2010
mootjuh said:
So how big is the gap between anime and manga chapter-/episode-/arc-wise?

Less than 30 chapters. GMG has finished.

Apr 4, 2013 2:12 PM
Apr 2013
Just wondering when the new Fairy Tail Best will be out. Supposedly it aired on April 4th. Could any of you guys send me a link as to where I could watch it?
Apr 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2007
Funny how the last episode was the best one I remember watching in the 3.5 years I've been following this anime...
It will be back though

My Claims:
Apr 6, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
Ugh why did it have to end, even for a while to give the manga some time? I'll miss it so much :(

But seriously, Natsu was way too overpowered. At first he got kicked around by Sting in Dragon Mode and then suddenly he took him AND Rogue on without going into Dragon Mode himself? >.> As much as I love Natsu and don't mind the usual "main character random power up during the final boss fight", this was just too much, even for me. It would've been a lot better if he went into Dragon Mode himself when he beat them or that he would've been at least dead tired after the fight.

It looks like the fight with Jellal after eating eatherion (or something), the fight with Gajeel, the dragon machine thing and Zancrom were more difficult than Sting and Rogue combined. And they're supposed to be the top? Even with the second magic thing I don't like that at all. If he only would've beaten Sting, things would've been so much better.

Despite the extremely overpowered ending I'm curious just what Eclipse exactly is and I don't think that "knight" is trying to save the world at all. Creepy bastard.
Sigh, now Ii'll have nothing awesome with nice action scenes and incredible background music to watch till FT starts again :(
9/10
Apr 6, 2013 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
Epic fight scene so happy Natsu won, guess ill have to read the manga for now
Apr 7, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2010
omg fairy tail should not end in a sad ending! I hope there's a second season!!!
IT'S GONNA GET INTENSE SEASON TWO TAZ FOR SURE :) !!!!!!!!!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Apr 8, 2013 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Great fight and episode, hope to see Fairy Tail come back soon!
Apr 8, 2013 7:40 AM
Jun 2009
Such a hanging end! But I hope to see this anime again~ :>
Apr 9, 2013 10:18 AM
Jan 2013
AHHHH!! I WANT FAIRY TAIL BACK!!!!!
Just saw the episode, but I can't stand it that it has stopped!!!
Give me back my life, Give me back my Fairy Tail!!
Apr 10, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:

Speaking of which, I don't think this is the end of the series yet! Well, there's still the manga of course. 7.5/10 for the anime. It's been a long ride.
It's definitely not over, I don't know whether to put it in my "Completed" section or put it "On Hold" because technically the whole anime's on hold.... hm...
Apr 10, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
Hstar said:
Stark700 said:

Speaking of which, I don't think this is the end of the series yet! Well, there's still the manga of course. 7.5/10 for the anime. It's been a long ride.
It's definitely not over, I don't know whether to put it in my "Completed" section or put it "On Hold" because technically the whole anime's on hold.... hm...
It's completed until further notice and even then it would come back with a new name(a new entry), so have it in your completed. it might never come back though.
Apr 13, 2013 3:20 AM
Apr 2013
I'm new here and i honestly love anime. Fairy Tail isn't over yet. Its going to be re-aired soon and is going to be called fairy tail best. Apparently, its just taking a break :) Hope this helps guys
Apr 14, 2013 4:54 PM

Nov 2010
ShadowMoonCat said:
I'm new here and i honestly love anime. Fairy Tail isn't over yet. Its going to be re-aired soon and is going to be called fairy tail best. Apparently, its just taking a break :) Hope this helps guys
You've got part of that right, the anime is ending and will have reruns. But we don't know if they will ever resume it.
Apr 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
ShadowMoonCat said:
You've got part of that right, the anime is ending and will have reruns. But we don't know if they will ever resume it.

They're still making the ovas. Next one is out in june.
Apr 15, 2013 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
ShadowMoonCat said:

Just like reborn and D gray man. Its taken me like 7 months to watch reborn and im still not finished with it, i hope to god fairy tail is better because if people think reborn is a quality shonen, there is something wrong with them. lol In any case now that FT has ended, i'll be watching it soon.

Apr 15, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2009
It's a shame that it's ending now since the arc after this one would've been amazing animated. Hopefully it'll be back soon enough.
Apr 15, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
link9us said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ShadowMoonCat said:

Just like reborn and D gray man. Its taken me like 7 months to watch reborn and im still not finished with it, i hope to god fairy tail is better because if people think reborn is a quality shonen, there is something wrong with them. lol In any case now that FT has ended, i'll be watching it soon.
Yes similar to those anime. About Fairy Tail being better than Reborn, I think Fairy Tail is worse, while Reborn wasn't great, it at least had some good scenes, fights, etc. I don't get any of that with Fairy Tail. Prepare for another long journey, the first episodes of Fairy Tail were good but as soon as things started moving I realized that it wasn't good at all. Character's annoyingness was probably on par with Reborn, but the story wasn't good, arcs are too short, fights weren't interesting(except for maybe the ending move for a couple of them).
Apr 15, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes similar to those anime. About Fairy Tail being better than Reborn, I think Fairy Tail is worse, while Reborn wasn't great, it at least had some good scenes, fights, etc. I don't get any of that with Fairy Tail. Prepare for another long journey, the first episodes of Fairy Tail were good but as soon as things started moving I realized that it wasn't good at all. Character's annoyingness was probably on par with Reborn, but the story wasn't good, arcs are too short, fights weren't interesting(except for maybe the ending move for a couple of them).

Fortunately that is just your opinion and nothing more.

Apr 15, 2013 4:25 PM
Jan 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
link9us said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ShadowMoonCat said:

Why you watched 175 episode of anime you obvious didn't like at all ?
And now you tell us in 100 of post how bad fairy tail is in your eyes.

Have you not something better to do with your time ?
Like watching animes that you like.
SereaphimApr 15, 2013 4:31 PM
Apr 15, 2013 6:25 PM

Nov 2010
Sereaphim said:

It's not that I didn't like it at all, it's that I didn't like most of it. Every once in a while it had a nice episode and during some episodes there were things that I liked, I wasn't cringing the whole show. And I've been watching it since the first episode aired, why stop now. I was looking forward to something in the story, but since it ended I probably won't figure it out(which makes it's score drop to me). I am also a completionist, so I don't drop anime.

I wasn't telling you, I posted my opinion in a thread, you just stumbled upon it. I was actually replying to link9us, not you, he's an acquaintance on this site, he quoted my post, I've seen the anime he mentioned and even shared the same opinion on the one he mentioned, so I decided to share my opinion with him. That's the point of a forum, expressing or sharing opinions. Too many people on this board are getting angry at me for expressing my opinion and questioning why I'm in the thread/watched the anime, and not addressing my points or talking about the anime.

I've got a question for you, do you not have something better to do than questioning why I watch an anime and not even addressing my points? At least my post was addressing something in someone's post and talking about the anime, yours was just whining about me posting in a thread.

Who said this is a bad thing to spend doing? You don't like expressing your opinion on shows that you like or dislike? It turns out, I can do two or more things at once, so I am watching an anime that enjoy(Ironically the anime that link9us mentioned, Reborn) while posting on the forum.

BTW The plural form of anime is still just anime.

Ghost-Edge said:

You are not serious right? I was totally convinced my opinion was fact, thank you for opening my eyes by making an redundant post about my reply to a totally different person.
Apr 17, 2013 10:24 PM

Jul 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Sereaphim said:

It's not that I didn't like it at all, it's that I didn't like most of it. Every once in a while it had a nice episode and during some episodes there were things that I liked, I wasn't cringing the whole show. And I've been watching it since the first episode aired, why stop now. I was looking forward to something in the story, but since it ended I probably won't figure it out(which makes it's score drop to me). I am also a completionist, so I don't drop anime.

I wasn't telling you, I posted my opinion in a thread, you just stumbled upon it. I was actually replying to link9us, not you, he's an acquaintance on this site, he quoted my post, I've seen the anime he mentioned and even shared the same opinion on the one he mentioned, so I decided to share my opinion with him. That's the point of a forum, expressing or sharing opinions. Too many people on this board are getting angry at me for expressing my opinion and questioning why I'm in the thread/watched the anime, and not addressing my points or talking about the anime.

I've got a question for you, do you not have something better to do than questioning why I watch an anime and not even addressing my points? At least my post was addressing something in someone's post and talking about the anime, yours was just whining about me posting in a thread.

Who said this is a bad thing to spend doing? You don't like expressing your opinion on shows that you like or dislike? It turns out, I can do two or more things at once, so I am watching an anime that enjoy(Ironically the anime that link9us mentioned, Reborn) while posting on the forum.

BTW The plural form of anime is still just anime.

Ghost-Edge said:

You are not serious right? I was totally convinced my opinion was fact, thank you for opening my eyes by making an redundant post about my reply to a totally different person.

From what i have seen so far, the only "filler" arc in the anime, the trails arc was actually the only arc i found inspiring and though it was short it shown potentional to actually create consistent and decent plot elements and back stories with some of the major players in the series. But yeah the main core story is the most simplistic thing ive ever seen and the characters are not inspriing at all, their really is no clear villian, everything is based on like competitions, even the future arc the part that i just got to. I figured now they intorudced this new villian like character, i figured he would take a major role in the story but it turned out only to be some type of stupid ridiculous competition to decide the fate of the world? I mean come on.

At least naruto and one piece (I know people think they are so over rated) but at least they have a coherent and more dynamic story with much more inspiring and developed characters. I hope fairy tail has something along those lines. At least a characters that have more layers to them, they are more part of the core story and have a legitimate reason for their actions in the story. Not something that gives you the impression that your watching a series that is all "fun and games, competitions" but no clear antagonist, no real goals, no ambitions. I just hated how reborn followed that same cliche format thoughout the show. Amino akira should of just stuck to writing gag comedies, because she surely as hell fails at shonen's.

Everyone praises hibari for being like the best character, he;s the most robotic character ive ever seen. He has like no human characteristics, no emotion he just says "ill bite you to death" or "ill kill you if you touch naminori" i mean how much damn times do we have to hear that?

Trust me, i know good quality story and well developed characters when i see them and hitman reborn really fails on all levels, i would say maybe the only redeeming thing is the comedy elements of some of the characters, i have to admit some of those are pretty funny. Reborn is probably the only interesting character in that show and don't get me started on haru and kyoku, this being a female mangaka you would think she would put more focus on the female characters in the series as kind of part of the story or at least showing growth and relations with other characters, parings, etc. But instead nope, they are the "haru and kyoku's Cooking expedition squad"

Yes this is my opinion as well and i feel the need to express it. All though its not on topic, i am generally hoping that fairy tail has a more sensible and interesting story and characters then what i pointed out as my complaints above.
ArtimesGamerApr 17, 2013 10:51 PM

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 12, 2009

520 by gojowife12 »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 157 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

118 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 9, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jahn - Jul 16, 2010

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperEXE - Jul 26, 2010

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 2, 8:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.