Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2008 4:16 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this episode gonna explain a lot of things,but it's just made me more confused.

Anyway the last 2 min of the episode was really great.
kie_Dec 15, 2008 4:24 AM
Dec 15, 2008 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
Oh man, amazing!
For me it wasn't surprising at all whem it comes to Kuromitsu, because I think she may be the evil leader, like Red Emperor. The most surprising was the role of Kuon. I really believed he was a friend, but still he betrayed them. I assume he has feelings to Kuromitsu. I suppose he maybe comes back to Kuro and Rai after the assassination attempt on his life, that his elder clone brother planed.
Dec 15, 2008 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
Nothing really surprising this episode...rather it solidified a lot of my guesses. I was sure there was something different about Kuon since he matched Kuro so well in their first meeting...His being a clone was surprising, but in a lame way. Ehh, the whole episode was rather lame, I was more interested in the picture I was drawing than what was actually going on since it was pretty much frame by frame anything in sci-fi dealing with cloning.
Dec 15, 2008 2:04 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, it was far better than the later episode. That's basically what an action/post-apo anime should be, not too intellectual nor original, but dark, confusing and filled with energy. As expected, Kuromitsu doesn't seem nice at all and I wouldn't be surprised if she was the actual Red Emperor. What's more surprising is the role of Rai, who could be a perfect match to Kuro in the end (I didn't even think she could survive till the 10th episode honestly, since she was your average secondary female character, but it seems she's more important than what I initially thought).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2008 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
The idea of body swapping was quite unexpected. I liked this episode.
Dec 15, 2008 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
This just opens up a whole lot more questions, I have no idea how they're going to end the series off anymore @_@, body swapping, clones, Kuromitsu all these revelations which bring out further questions is slightly confusing, but it'll be interesting to see the conclusion.
Dec 15, 2008 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
My jaw just dropped to the floor. I had to just sit there staring at my screen for one minute to grasp the awesomeness that was this episode.
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Dec 15, 2008 10:40 PM

Aug 2007
Hot bloody damn. This episode answered a few questions and left me with a lot of other ones. >.>

Body swapping, clones, blood... o.o

And to think that Kuromitsu might be the one behind all of this. Sweet jesus I need the last two episodes.

Like Jacut said, I'm surprised that Rai has managed to stay alive until the 10th episode. Possible pairing if Kuromitsu is really evil or something. Meh.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 16, 2008 2:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kickass episode, absolutely loved it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 16, 2008 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty good episode! I kinda suspected the body swap thing when Kuro's head kept getting cut off but he always had a body. Def didnt see the whole Kuon thing coming though lol. Still this anime is finally coming together with answers! Cant wait for the next 2!
Dec 16, 2008 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Kickass episode, absolutely loved it.

What he said.
The noise torture at the start was mad. I had to take off my headphones. D:
Dec 17, 2008 6:18 PM

Sep 2008
great episode, big improvement on that terrible episode 9. a lot of questions were answered which helped. hopefully next episode we are gonna get some awesome fight scenes!
Dec 17, 2008 7:51 PM

Dec 2008
I'm getting the feeling though that the show is gonna end rushed with a lot of things unanswered. Kuro should seriously get Rai in the end because I'm pretty sure Kuon is gonna die and Kuromitsu just seems too evil. Another thing is how the hell does Kuromitsu remember the past and even able to body swap?

Dec 17, 2008 9:26 PM

Aug 2008
That room at the beginning was the perfect security system - the sfx were awesome, too.
Kuon of course pwns his older brother, even with a gunshot wound — what do you expect: he's got elder Kuon's brains & abilities combined with Kuro's body.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 18, 2008 7:53 AM

Jun 2008
so, kuromitsu's a b!tcH after all...???
damn this episode's as good as the 1st and the 2nd one!!!
beginning to like this anime 'again'...

\m/ rock on kuro!!!
Dec 20, 2008 10:11 PM

Jun 2007
So heres a recap for people that didn't understand.

1) Apparently the reason why Kuromitsu cuts Kuro's head off is to switch it with a more youthful body to keep him immortal. We can assume that Kuro is not 100% immortal like Kuromitsu since she apparently does not age or have to switch her head with other women's body's.
2) Kuro's blood was at one time taken and used to create a clone "Kuon".
3) Kuon is apparently not immortal so he's continuously re-cloned, giving his memory's to the next Kuon clone. You can see Kuro's personality in Kuon from the way he talks and acts. He also seems to harbor Kuro's past memory's of love for Kuromitsu.
4) Kuromitsu apparently treats Kuon like Kuro....I'm assuming since he's his clone.

Now for the real questions. Why has Kuromitsu helped the Red Army?
Is it so she can have an endless amount of body's for Kuro to switch with? Is it because she's trying to look for a way to make him truly immortal? Is she just plain nuts ?

2nd question is how did the enemy live for over 1000 years? Was he joking? If not then whats the point it bothering with Kuromitsu and Kuro?

3rd question, why is it that the enemy's seem to have changed appearance again? At the beginning they where more zombi/undead like but now they look like normal humans with space suits on lol.

4th question, what ever happened to the original "Vampire" that bit Kuromitsu? Is he the leader of the red army right now? That would explain why Kuromitsu is helping or being helped by them. Maybe this is just one big game they play on "new vampires" lol.

This show has gotten really good in just two episodes. I wish the past ones where as good as this.
Dec 21, 2008 8:33 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
4th question, what ever happened to the original "Vampire" that bit Kuromitsu? Is he the leader of the red army right now? That would explain why Kuromitsu is helping or being helped by them. Maybe this is just one big game they play on "new vampires" lol.
Apparently, that was the original Kuon? It's kinda hard to tell from that flashback — which may just have been a fabricated memory.

Oh. Wait, Kuromitsu may have been in love with the original vampire all this time, and has been trying to find/recreate him. Thus Kuro and Kuon may both just be part of the experiment.

I'm willing to give Kuromitsu the benefit of the doubt, though.

Dec 21, 2008 4:05 PM

Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
DeathfireD said:
Apparently, that was the original Kuon? It's kinda hard to tell from that flashback — which may just have been a fabricated memory.

Oh. Wait, Kuromitsu may have been in love with the original vampire all this time, and has been trying to find/recreate him. Thus Kuro and Kuon may both just be part of the experiment.

I'm willing to give Kuromitsu the benefit of the doubt, though.

Kuon is a clone of Kuro though. So would that make Kuro a possible clone of the original Vampire? That wouldn't make sense since he was a normal human before meeting Kuromitsu.

I like your theory about her still possibly having feelings for the original Vampire that bit her. You might be right, this may actually be one huge experiment to try and re-create or find the original Vampire. But then again it seems like she has real feelings for Kuro considering she compares Kuon to him in the flashbacks.
Dec 21, 2008 8:13 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
Kuon is a clone of Kuro though. So would that make Kuro a possible clone of the original Vampire?
AFAIK, Kuon isn't a clone, but kind of assembled using Kuro's blood as a base... weerd stuff.

Dec 23, 2008 5:09 PM

Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
DeathfireD said:
Kuon is a clone of Kuro though. So would that make Kuro a possible clone of the original Vampire?
AFAIK, Kuon isn't a clone, but kind of assembled using Kuro's blood as a base... weerd stuff.

That's a clone lol.
Dec 27, 2008 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:
Kuon is a clone of Kuro though. So would that make Kuro a possible clone of the original Vampire? That wouldn't make sense since he was a normal human before meeting Kuromitsu.
Do we know that Kuro wasn't immortal before he met Kuromitsu in the first episode? Maybe he's always been immortal and Kuromitsu is just fucking with him.

Anyway, good episode and the end will probably be as good or better.
Jan 13, 2009 3:49 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, awesome episode, i replayed the last two minutes Three times due to awesomness.
The dude is pumped, get him Kuro.
Seems like Kuon did learn a lot of new tricks considering how he did away with his older version in no time.

MAL list updates
Mar 15, 2009 9:04 PM

May 2008
Well the whole changing bodies every hundred years or so seems a little weird, pretty good episode though.
Mar 27, 2010 3:35 PM

Jan 2010
Hopefully it will explain things before it ends and won't leave questions hanging...
May 8, 2010 7:31 PM
Feb 2009
Ballz getting more confusing
Jul 6, 2012 8:22 PM
Feb 2008
I thought the switching of heads onto different bodies was a neat touch. Also liked the memory wipe everytime they did that. I wonder if Kuromitsu (who's clearly evil or something) does the same. Decent ep.
Nov 18, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
kuroshiroi said:
DeathfireD said:
Do we know that Kuro wasn't immortal before he met Kuromitsu in the first episode? Maybe he's always been immortal and Kuromitsu is just fucking with him.

That is very unlikely, not saying it isn't possible, but I see no reason for that to be true ^^
He was dying back then and Kuromitsu helped him out by giving him, her blood.

Anyhow, interesting episode, love the face of Kurou at the end looking at the scientist like "Wtf are you doing?"
I hionestly didnt think it was about clones, I thought it was Kurou dying every time somehow making his powers grow stronger, reason being because we only saw him 1000 years ago, woke up 20 years ago and then woke up in the present.
Jun 30, 2015 7:17 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice episode to watch. It answered some questions (the head swapping every 100 years/his head always seemed to get cut off every episode in the beginning)....and asked some more (Kuromitsu's involvement as a potential leader in the Red Army). Nicely done.
Oct 25, 2015 3:33 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Questions are getting answered, this is good. So most of the mystery behind Kurou is now solved, the main question left is what's Kuromitsu up to. Sucks to be Kurou to have his head cut off over and over, therefore, also losing his prior memories. I'm with the philosophical assertion that what constitutes oneself is their memories, so basically Kurou is only retaining part of himself this whole time, since his memories seem like mere dreams and he only really remembers Kuromitsu.

Kuon fighting back against the real one(?) was nice to watch, that guy was annoying. I wonder what he's going to do now.
Dec 7, 2015 12:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
bodyswapping, cloning of sorts. Finally getting some answers here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
It seems Kuro survives by head transplants (probably done by Kurumitsu).

Kuromitsu is in charge, figured as much.
May 12, 2016 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
Based on the anime so far it appears that due to the fact that Kuro's transformation to vampire was not complete at the time of his beheading he needed a transplant of a body. Problem is that the Kuro with the new body now holds some of the personality of the former owner of the body. So in a way is not her Kuro, the one she loved. So by changing bodies she apparently tries to recreate the original Kuro. I think this is the reason for Kuon and most of everything else. Not sure about the fact that Kuro needs a body transplant once every couple of years to survive or not. It is possible that the shock of remembering his death(s) may cause the body to reject the head but it is improbable. Most likely Kuromisu just wants the Kuro she felt in love with even though that Kuro might have existed only in her mind. Interesting enough each new Kuro acts similar. The original Kuro out of love tried to leave his humanity behind for Kuromitsu but in the end was unable too. She thinks that Kuro she recreates again and again is wrong but I think it is the right Kuro. It is just she that cannot accept him as he is. Because that would mean accepting that she is nothing but a monster that not even her lover can completely accept. That is my theory at least.
May 12, 2016 2:40 PM

Aug 2012
thatguy said:
I thought the switching of heads onto different bodies was a neat touch. Also liked the memory wipe everytime they did that. I wonder if Kuromitsu (who's clearly evil or something) does the same. Decent ep.
not necessary evil. Just like Priscilla in Claymore she cannot really accept her existence as a vampire and needs to have Kuro see her as a woman and nothing more. Kuro seeing her as a woman and not an evil monster is her motive for living and will recreate Kuro as many times as needed to achieve this dream of her.
May 12, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2012
kuroshiroi said:
DeathfireD said:

Anyway, good episode and the end will probably be as good or better.
yes, she makes him immortal by blood exchange.
Aug 11, 2016 6:59 PM

May 2012
Very impressive story development, really great to see what's going on here, so let's see what the last two episodes will have to offer!
Jan 17, 2017 7:15 AM

Apr 2014
Man, I love hearing star wars blaster sounds when somebody is being punched.
Jun 12, 2020 12:59 PM

Feb 2016
Looks like we have a Gungrave reference in this episode and Kuon's appearance also strongly resembles Brandon Heat which is no coincidence I guess.

More topics from this board

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tradedaemon - Dec 24, 2008

151 by akiraic »»
Feb 23, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 7 Discussion

kie_ - Nov 20, 2008

41 by iChante »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.