Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2013 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap.

That must of hurt like shit.

The battles between the two sides were okay. In a way, I almost feel sorry for Dunya...

Meh, from this episode, I think that Alibaba is acting on his own without thinking much. I did wish the fight was better performed. Oh well, hope the finale will be good.
Mar 24, 2013 2:20 AM
Mar 2010
So, any rundown of what happened? I assume they concluded Masrur, Sharrkan, and Yamuraiha's fights this episode.
Mar 24, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2008
I have to say this was quite exiting episode, though I didn't really liked how they dealt with Dunya at the end.

I was surprised that Hakuryuu lost his arm after all, but Zagan seems to choose him. I'm interested in the next episode since Morgiana joins the party too. But to be honest Alibaba looks ridiculous as a dark djinn. xD
Mar 24, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2008
Damn, the ending of this ep didn't follow the manga... Guess now there's a lesser chance of a S2.
echiomegaMar 24, 2013 11:21 AM
Mar 24, 2013 1:16 PM
Aug 2010
Since when did they decide to make it 25 eps long? I thought this would become one of those long ass anime with many enjoyable episodes...
Mar 24, 2013 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
MrFreedomJustice said:
Since when did they decide to make it 25 eps long? I thought this would become one of those long ass anime with many enjoyable episodes...

I know right. I thought they would go explore all the dungeons and have like 100+ episodes.
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 24, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2012
Ah damn.. Quite a story change...
I was hoping for a S2 as well.. u.u

I'm really wondering how they're going to end all this after such a change in just one more ep..

I don't find the idea of Alibaba changing into an black djinn and all the drama around it all that bad. (he even has a tail, how cute xD) But maybe in a doujinshi form, not in the original series..

Oh well, just going to keep on reading the manga, and trying to see the anime story as a little extra.
Mar 24, 2013 3:00 PM
Feb 2012
I haven't watched the full thing yet but those preview pics of Alibaba as a Dark Djinn are enough to make me laugh so hard.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 24, 2013 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
People, it is certain that Uchuu Senkan Yamato going to take Magi's place after next week. They will finish it like Blue Exorcist, fucking made-up end!
Mar 24, 2013 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
OMG EPIC EPISODEEEE
Mar 24, 2013 9:59 PM
Oct 2012
Well, this episode was pretty sad with Dunya and all
But I laughed so hard at Alibaba's equip... Someone in A-1 must hate him.
The way Hakuryuu lost his arm..
Mar 24, 2013 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, no, really? Alibaba!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2013 2:55 AM

Dec 2010
Didn't watch the episode already, but I saw some spoiler pics about Alibaba and...
I'm SO mad! Why do they want to screw everything up with a made up ending?! Really, I hate this kind of things! They did a great job until here, this is a real let down for me... I'll say it again, I didn't watch the episode, I know it's too soon to judge, but I feel like I don't want to finish the series anymore...
(Sounds like fangirl rage, but I'm just too mad now <.<)

Mar 25, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2012
i saw spoiler pic about alibaba and its so fuck up lols, i really demand remake like FMAB had.. ill watch it till end for sake of completion ..

Mar 25, 2013 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
Is it going to have a filler finale?
This ep isn't following the thought line of the last episodes, I think.

2/5
NaniiMar 25, 2013 2:06 PM
Mar 26, 2013 2:42 AM

Aug 2008
Man, I just read a bit into the manga but it's a total letdown that they don't follow it.
Mar 26, 2013 3:50 AM

Dec 2011
that arm chopping..... OUCH

and alibaba... ugh I DONT KNOW WHAT TO....... GAAHH

im definitely.. going to... read the manga..... when this finishes
Mar 26, 2013 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Man... this episode felt so off for some reason and from reading the prior comments on here my hunch was correct. They aren't following the original story why am I not surprised? Just what are they doing? And I agree that Alibaba looks silly I just can't it serious.
Mar 26, 2013 4:52 AM

May 2009
Fuck you, A-1
Mar 26, 2013 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
Well you can totally tell this is gonna have a rushed ending... too bad this anime could have been so much better
Mar 26, 2013 5:04 AM

May 2010
The Oh shitness was strong this episode.
Mar 26, 2013 5:11 AM

Sep 2011
How the heck are they going to end Magi next week, now that Alibaba has turned into the black king and Syndria is going to be devoured in that sludge of darkness. How the heck are they going to resolve all this in one episode, looks like A-1 may have fucked things up. Or hopefully this could be some sort of sign that we'll get a second season? fingers crossed people.

Can't wait too see Morgianna take on Alibaba and what the heck is Aladdin doing in the depths of the sea?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2008
So we are going to get another Ao no Exorcist made up anime end, great.
But I hoped for a second season T_T
Mar 26, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2013
Well, thank you A-1 for wasting the potential of a longterm-enjoyable anime for a rushed 25 Ep ending.
This is so sad.

L0L @ Dark Djinn Equip Tail ...
Mar 26, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2008
Tashfinz said:
How the heck are they going to end Magi next week, now that Alibaba has turned into the black king and Syndria is going to be devoured in that sludge of darkness. How the heck are they going to resolve all this in one episode, looks like A-1 may have fucked things up. Or hopefully this could be some sort of sign that we'll get a second season? fingers crossed people.

Can't wait too see Morgianna take on Alibaba and what the heck is Aladdin doing in the depths of the sea?

Deus Ex Machina.
Mar 26, 2013 5:36 AM

Dec 2007

This episode made Judal cry again. Look, his neo matrix glasses are all wet!

GODDDDDDDDDDDDAMNNNNNNNNNNNN you A-1! Why ruin such an awesome manga with such an adaptation with a shitty anime original ending. They could easily continue it forever like the manga, but noooo. They choose to finish it without any possibilities of a second season. Stop making anime you can't handle please, A-1.
Mar 26, 2013 5:50 AM

Apr 2011
MrFreedomJustice said:

Tru, manga began in 2009 and its still publishing, and they will have made up end ? WTF.
I hope someone will make new Magi anime, like they did with Hunter x Hunter.
Anime ended after Greed Island arc, and manga is publishing, now new producers made new Hunter x Hunter in 2011, it will soon pass that arc and continue in better animation and better adaptation of manga.

I hope that someone will make that with Magi too
Mar 26, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2010
I don't read the manga at all, but wow; A-1 really screwed it up this time.

I somewhat expected that this episode was not manga canon when I saw Alibaba succumb to the darkness. It was kinda OOC for him to give up at this stage, and it was awkward as heck.

Now, time to read.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Mar 26, 2013 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
I lol when I saw Dark Djinn Equip Alibaba, the anime just gone waaaaaaaaaaaay off.

It was quite a brutal episode, bloods everywhere.

I hope we at least see Sinbad's kicking ass and Hakuryuu actually doing something.

Mar 26, 2013 6:22 AM

Dec 2012
wow. this was one of the best episodes so far. i just loved it.
i see that the dislike bar is getting big again, but i guess that all these people have read the manga? wow, i'm really glad that i haven't done it yet if it means that i would dislike the anime so much.
the animation is still not the best (just take a look at the scene where sharrkan was fighting) and the music at the end was... unusual, nevertheless it was a great episode for me. even though it seems like i'm pretty alone with that opinion, ahem.

hakuryuu losing his arm was definitely surprising and unexpected. and it was pretty intense. there was a lot of blood in general (which i really liked).
after reading the comments here it's obvious that the manga follows a complete different route and that alibaba didn't turn into a dark djinn (or at least not yet). but i think it's actually really interesting? my problem is that the anime will end next week which means that a) they'll make up an ending and i have seriously no idea how it should be possible to end all this with one episode or b) they choose an open ending (or the possibility) for a second season.
Mar 26, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2008
hiabara said:
wow. this was one of the best episodes so far. i just loved it.
i see that the dislike bar is getting big again, but i guess that all these people have read the manga? wow, i'm really glad that i haven't done it yet if it means that i would dislike the anime so much.
the animation is still not the best (just take a look at the scene where sharrkan was fighting) and the music at the end was... unusual, nevertheless it was a great episode for me. even though it seems like i'm pretty alone with that opinion, ahem.

hakuryuu losing his arm was definitely surprising and unexpected. and it was pretty intense. there was a lot of blood in general (which i really liked).
after reading the comments here it's obvious that the manga follows a complete different route and that alibaba didn't turn into a dark djinn (or at least not yet). but i think it's actually really interesting? my problem is that the anime will end next week which means that a) they'll make up an ending and i have seriously no idea how it should be possible to end all this with one episode or b) they choose an open ending (or the possibility) for a second season.

You're forgetting something. Kassim has proven that turning into a Dark Djinn = certain death. Yet the show will magically ignore that rule for Alibaba. If you don't see the flaw in that then never touch the manga.
Mar 26, 2013 6:43 AM

Feb 2012
Damn that was one bloody episode for this kind of show, but it was way too fast paced, the fights Sharrkan and Masrur were in ended too damn fast, in manga it was much better.

But still I enjoyed this episode, and yeah I'm caught up with the manga, it's A-1 after all, deal with it.
Mar 26, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Ugh, this was horrible.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 26, 2013 7:29 AM

Sep 2010
Well at least they are keeping the match ups between the three generals faithful to the manga. Only difference is they are not on the island with Alibaba and the gang and instead remain in Sindaria.

I actually like how they handled the whole thing with Hakryuu's arm in the anime since I was actually like holy shit instead of chuckling over it in the manga where it just falls off and he just stares at it for a couple panels before screaming. xD

Even if it is OOC I think Alibaba is sexy as hell with that dark djinn equip.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 26, 2013 7:30 AM
Jul 2009
This episode fucking sucked! That ending has me not wanting to watch this show anymore, so effing disappointed. This is not how the manga goes, and I'm so upset they did that to Alibaba. Ugh!
Mar 26, 2013 7:35 AM

May 2011
This kinda reminds me of Star Wars, except worse...
Mar 26, 2013 8:53 AM

May 2010
All the hate...again
Mar 26, 2013 9:17 AM
Aug 2012
So aside from this episode, how closely has the anime followed the manga?
Mar 26, 2013 9:35 AM
Aug 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
All the hate...again

and well deserved too

Alibaba has spent most of his time looking like a whiny dumbass and that dark djinn equip is not helping.
I'm so sorry Alibaba that you had to be treated this way.

mossyoak said:
So aside from this episode, how closely has the anime followed the manga?

If I were to pick out everything i'd have a long list so for this Sindria/Zagan arc the main points that were not followed:
(i'm not putting like big story spoilers, just the basic key points that were not followed)
standMar 26, 2013 10:11 AM
Mar 26, 2013 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
Damn this could of been a great long series, better than most of the other longer series, but I think they're gonna end it next week. :/
They're throwing away the potential this series had.
Mar 26, 2013 9:51 AM

May 2012
how are they gonna handle the sea creature? i bet sinbad will use focalor in 1 hit, kinda predicted coz sinbad suppose to use that in this arc.. and we arent gonna see the 'alma toran' also..

anyways
Arlia said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1

Mar 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
Dark_Messiah said:
how are they gonna handle the sea creature? i bet sinbad will use focalor in 1 hit, kinda predicted coz sinbad suppose to use that in this arc..

Yeah I was thinking about that.
They are probably going to cram Sexylor in there doing something trivial and forgettable.

Dark_Messiah said:
Arlia said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1

Oh please stop it KamiKali.
You are one of those that wants every discussion to be full of flowers and bunnies and the haters to stay away.
Just accept that discussions don't work that way.
standMar 26, 2013 10:40 AM
Mar 26, 2013 10:13 AM
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It's really funny how all the haters made it this far, when A-1 clearly show they didn't follow the manga episode back

but this episode is tense ;)
Mar 26, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2008
KamiKali said:
Stark700 said:

It's really funny how all the haters made it this far, when A-1 clearly show they didn't follow the manga episode back

It says do not discuss the manga BEYOND this episode. So your attempt to make a jab at the haters fails miserably, sirrah. Adaptations will be compared to the source material in order to determine how good of an adaptation they are.
Mar 26, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
KamiKali said:
Stark700 said:

> It's really funny how all the haters made it this far, when A-1 clearly show they didn't follow the manga episode back

I never wrote that.
Mar 26, 2013 10:28 AM
Aug 2012
Darklight0303 said:
KamiKali said:
Stark700 said:

It says do not discuss the manga BEYOND this episode. So your attempt to make a jab at the haters fails miserably, sirrah. Adaptations will be compared to the source material in order to determine how good of an adaptation they are.

I'm not trying to have manga discussion duhhh
I'm just showing the Irony of_____________ that you people will never get
Mar 26, 2013 10:30 AM
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
KamiKali said:
Stark700 said:

> It's really funny how all the haters made it this far, when A-1 clearly show they didn't follow the manga episode back

I never wrote that.

Sorry mistake in quoting i thought i edit it
Mar 26, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
Oh it's no problem. Mistakes happen.
Mar 26, 2013 10:36 AM

May 2012
KamiKali said:
Darklight0303 said:
KamiKali said:

coz u never read a single manga..

parfaited said:

Dark_Messiah said:
Arlia said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1

Mar 26, 2013 11:00 AM
Aug 2012
KamiKali said:
Darklight0303 said:
KamiKali said:

coz u never read a single manga..

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So we take a peek on a person's profile and decide what he does
"I love this Ideology"

I have read Japanese manga and novel especially THIS!!

I apologize if i hadn't barely update my profile not even a single manga or novel added
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.