Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2012

I for one would like Sabo to 'remain' dead though. I think there's no real part to play for a person who was in terms of strength on pair with Ace (and now probably even stronger--->point being stronger than Luffy by far) and with such an emotional bond with Luffy this late in the story. I think him being alive and fit in the current New World events would have to be really genius, but I don't see the circumstances in which that will happen, despite this being Oda we're talking about. I think he just left that window open in case he gets a change of heart and wants to bring Sabo back, but the brothers story is already used, and there would be too much holes to explain if Sabo was alive (for 1, why hasn't he met luffy/ace yet, for 2, why didn't he try to save Ace...etc etc)

If he is alive and we will see him in the future, I will cry tears of joy anyway. And hope Oda will cover everything perfectly. But I'm afraid of those covers.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Mar 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Jun 2007
9tailjeza said:
Oohh!! has the time come for zoro to get a fruit ability? He would be BEAST with the flare flare fruit, except then there will be very few people who can swim.

I'm willing to say it is a safe bet that none of the current non DF-user crew members are going to become users. It is unnecessary, and actually does a disservice to their individual character development that they have worked hard to get this strong without relying on a fruit's power.
Mar 19, 2013 5:38 PM
Mar 2013
- Fast paced chapter if you ask me. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that old man with the scar (who apparently might have gravitational power) is an admiral but we will see.

- The purpose of this tournament that Doflamingo suggested seems to be in order to distract the strawhats crew and law perhaps from their real objective or at the very least delay them and give himself (Joker) more time to orchestrate his true plan (don't know what it is).

- As "saduj" mentioned in this forum, the tournament announcer was actually implying the word "gladiators" since this is an all round tournament and those members of Joker's crew wouldn't look like swordsmen to me.
Mar 19, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
bskbob said:
The plot thickens and i wouldn't be suprised if the Blackbeard Pirates join the hunt for the Mera Mera no Mi.

Huh.. I think they can only steal powers out of other people??? Idk... it's really not as strong as people make it out to be.... the phoenix and magma would probably be more desirable
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 19, 2013 5:43 PM
Mar 2013
Looks like will find out Luffy's reaction next chapter. One thing for sure is that he is "slow". I mean slow minded if you know what I mean.

Anyhow I'm hoping Zoro or maybe even Sanji will fight Diamante since he is one of the 4 suits - diamond, meaning he is supposed to be pretty strong, perhaps even a vice-captain level fighter of Joker's crew sorta speak.

But I think it's better that luffy fights him cuz lets face it, the future pirate king needs a warm up and Luffy is the type of person to learn from battle experience since he is slow minded
Mar 19, 2013 5:46 PM
Mar 2013
Ghostony said:
bskbob said:
The plot thickens and i wouldn't be suprised if the Blackbeard Pirates join the hunt for the Mera Mera no Mi.

Huh.. I think they can only steal powers out of other people??? Idk... it's really not as strong as people make it out to be.... the phoenix and magma would probably be more desirable

But it would be nice if could have a "New World" tournament with all the new world characters but that's just fantasy
Mar 19, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I have the feeling that Kidd aliance will take part in that tournament.

Wouldn't be surprised
Mar 19, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 2013
RomanceDawn said:
Shaduge said:
tankoubon-feind said:
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

Oda has confirmed that sabo really is dead unfortunately.

Actually it wasn't, databooks usually say crap
tankoubon-feind said:

Don't worry nothing can possibly be as god awful as fairy tail's tournament especially not one piece. should be on par with arcs like dark tournament from YYH, chuunin exams, and early DB budokai if not better.

I really would love to see the "tournament" be as good as these, I was always a fan of tournaments in anime

Actually, it was confirmed and the databooks don't say crap since they are written interviews with the author.... Just because you disagree/don't want to believe he's dead doesn't change the facts. With that said, its Oda's story if he wants to bring him back in the future he can. I still have my doubts since I saw that scene with Dragon bringing a badly injured child on board his ship.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time we saw Sabo (in the flashback) was when he decided to escape and start his journey and find crew members until he was shot with a bazooka by a World Noble (Noble Lumberjack I believe is his name) and all we see after that is his torn pirate flag being washed away in the ocean
Mar 19, 2013 6:42 PM
Mar 2013
Anyhow, to all bloggers and members of this forum!!!!!!!!!

Who is willing to bet on who is gonna get the mera-mera-fruit or NOT get the mera-mera-fruit?

PRIZE: well, no need for one (lol) (or come up with one)

My guess would probably be either no one or momo (just a guess) cuz he only ate a SMILE fruit and nothing more.

Anyhow, a fast paced chapter if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that old man with the scar (who apparently might have a gravitational devil fruit power) is an admiral but we will see.

The purpose of this tournament that Doflamingo ordered Diamante to set up seems to be in order to distract the strawhats crew and law perhaps from their real objective or at the very least delay them and give himself (Joker) more time to orchestrate his true plan (don't know what it is).

I believe (opinion but could be wrong) Joker is hiding his factory (underground) underneath the Corrida Colosseum since "its obvious place to see but not to suspect" if you what I mean. Again, will see since its hard to guess in One Piece when its Oda writing it.

Hope that there is more content next chapter.
Mar 19, 2013 7:41 PM

Jan 2010
Actually, I've decided to bet on the fruit getting stolen by fairies and/or destroyed somehow during the tournament.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 19, 2013 8:04 PM
Mar 2013
flame_master_14 said:
Actually, I've decided to bet on the fruit getting stolen by fairies and/or destroyed somehow during the tournament.

That's as possibility as well. Good thought.
Mar 19, 2013 8:14 PM

Feb 2011
Overall decent chapter. Kinda a dissapointment, but better than nothing.

1.Kin vs. Zoro sounds interesting.
Would like to see the gap between the two.

2. I'm pretty certain the blind man is Fuji.
He seems to be aware of who the SHs are, and his line best indicates that he would rather not fight them. It doesn't look like he's one of Doflamingo's men, but the bartenders reaction had me questioning that.
Who knows, we'll see. Pretty sure if he was doflamingo's man though, he'd be more interested in informing dofla...

3. Hope Zoro's gets his sword back, and returns back w/ his group soon.
Kind of want to see him be apart of the tournament.

4. It looks like the crew will probably be partaking in the tournament w/ their disguises. Just curious to how long these disguises will last. Luffy's reaction to Ace's fruit wasn't that interested. Still, looks like he'll fight to win!
Mar 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Tournament! This arc is going to be amazing!!
Mar 20, 2013 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
kiDnameDSkia said:

explain if Sabo was alive (for 1, why hasn't he met luffy/ace yet, for 2, why didn't he try to save Ace...etc etc)

for the same reason why Dragon didn't come till now to save luffy (besides that first time)
why Dragon didn't come to marineford? and Sabo ? because it's not their damn business.. Ace has his own life, his own path in life and they are all independent..
Sabo was introduced in that 'royal' arc and Dragon also, thats why they are both together, as revolutionaries, they have other goals like changing that damn world.
Mar 20, 2013 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
smokes said:
because it's not their damn business.. Ace has his own life, his own path in life

Well, there goes the concept of "brothers".

You are completely wrong in your statement. "Not their own business"? So what!? It was proven to Luffy that it IS his business because he IS his brother. Proven when Ace told him to go away.

It wont make sense if Sabo is alive, Oda must pull something crazy to cover that much of a hole and amnesia wont do.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 20, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
tankoubon-feind said:
Sango_chan_desu said:
we just got finally fairy tails tournament to end,and now we get a one piece tournament???! -.-

Don't worry nothing can possibly be as god awful as fairy tail's tournament especially not one piece. should be on par with arcs like dark tournament from YYH, chuunin exams, and early DB budokai if not better.

I believe One Piece won't even bother giving you the classic shounen tournament feeling. Something is gonna go to hell and everything will change or the tournament thing will be a very short event.
Mar 20, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2012
Raven-san said:
smokes said:
because it's not their damn business.. Ace has his own life, his own path in life

Well, there goes the concept of "brothers".

You are completely wrong in your statement. "Not their own business"? So what!? It was proven to Luffy that it IS his business because he IS his brother. Proven when Ace told him to go away.

It wont make sense if Sabo is alive, Oda must pull something crazy to cover that much of a hole and amnesia wont do.

this. it wasn't Luffy's business either... And Dragon saving him before was because Luffy was in a hopeless situation, later he said that Luffy has his own path and his friends who care about him, and he doesn't need saving. AND, there were some of the major revolutionaries present, Ivankov so it's save to say Dragon trusted them to savekeep Luffy.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Mar 20, 2013 8:02 AM

May 2011
Why couldn't Luffy seem more pissed off at the ending, man he doesn't know how to grasp the moment.

Lol at Zoro's Shuusui getting robbed, I'm looking forward to some short comedy with that, not a nerf for this arc.

Old blind swordsman is seeming more and more like he's Fujitora now, perhaps Akainu ordered him to go after Luffy/Law, but his own sense of justice is directing him to the greater threat, Doflamingo?

Looking forward to the tournament/coliseum. It's giving me a "Tales of" feeling (game franchise), although we all know it's not going to last more than a few minutes before everything blows up lol.
Kayaba-Mar 20, 2013 8:06 AM
Mar 20, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2012
-Shuda- said:
Why couldn't Luffy seem more pissed off at the ending, man he doesn't know how to grasp the moment.

I just saw this on tumblr
Mar 20, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
OK seriously that doll thing is just retarded, reminds me of the cyborg addition.
OK chapter.
Let's just hope it won't be as pointless as Davy Jones' challenges or soemthing like in Hakusho...or the worst; fairy tail.

Monad said:
tankoubon-feind said:
Sango_chan_desu said:
we just got finally fairy tails tournament to end,and now we get a one piece tournament???! -.-

I believe One Piece won't even bother giving you the classic shounen tournament feeling. Something is gonna go to hell and everything will change or the tournament thing will be a very short event.

Just like Naruto.
Mar 20, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
Ghostony said:
-Shuda- said:

I just saw this on tumblr

LOL that is funny xD

Though luffy will care, you saw his face in the last panel, that was a face of shock :)

Are people really starting the sabo debate again -_-
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 20, 2013 9:44 AM

Aug 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
The fuck is Budokai Tenkaiichi (is that how it's spelled, or even called) stadium doing on Dressrossa?
It may be an ode to that, but it really doesn't look like the World Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball (if that's what you were even implying).

Well, I'm not saying it doesn't have similarities, but I mean Budokai Tenkaichi isn't even an actual colliseum design.

But you're right, I'm sure there was some inspiration here from the World Martial Arts Tournament.

OR it's supposed to look like the REAL Colosseum in Roma?

MissKainanMar 20, 2013 12:38 PM
Mar 20, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't too thrilled about this chapter. I'm kinda hoping everything goes haywire with the tournament. I can't imagine someone like Luffy waiting for his turn to fight. Then again if Natsu did it like others seem to have mentioned... I only recently finished the anime and caught up with the manga. Maybe I just have to get used to seeing it in pieces but I missed the interactions between the characters not in the factory destruction group. In previous chapters the reactions of Law, Usopp and Nami to Luffy's antics really enhanced the chapters.

Also, I thought Doflamingo renounced his royal status? Why is everyone referring to him like he's royalty still?
SwordsmanDanMar 20, 2013 1:57 PM
Mar 20, 2013 11:33 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
The old man definitely has to be Fujitora. He didn't tell Luffy because he'd have to kill him (haha that was cheesy).
I like the idea (I read in another forum) about "fairies" maybe being gypsies with Dressrosa being like Spain.
Senor Pink looks so boss lol
Two predictions:
-Fujitora is going to take the Mera Mera.
-Guy who stole Shuusui is an contestan in the colloseum.

yhunata said:
The fuck is Budokai Tenkaiichi (is that how it's spelled, or even called) stadium doing on Dressrossa?

Dressrosa is like Spain, so the Colosseum is imitating this:
Mar 20, 2013 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Revolutionaries in the cover page on Kaidou's island.

Dragon vs Kaidou? XD
Mar 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
ibrahim2712 said:
Revolutionaries in the cover page on Kaidou's island.

Dragon vs Kaidou? XD

I think this is a different "revolutionaries"... they seem like a joke.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 21, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2009
Raven-san said:

i'll just put my last thoughts here..

About tournament, i think it'll be a fast one, or Oda is trolling us and there's gonna be other stuff there.. Dofla can't just give that fruit so easily
Mar 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
MissKainan said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
It may be an ode to that, but it really doesn't look like the World Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball (if that's what you were even implying).

Well, I'm not saying it doesn't have similarities, but I mean Budokai Tenkaichi isn't even an actual colliseum design.

But you're right, I'm sure there was some inspiration here from the World Martial Arts Tournament.

Unless you skipped/dozed off through history class you would know that Spain was once a flourishing Roman colony and had all of the same commodities that the Romans enjoyed in the capital. So the Spanish "Coliseo" is in the same style and design as the roman one. As for the one shown in the manga it looks like the coliseum in Barcelona most of the island looks like Barcelona as well. Also that one thug called it the corrida coliseum which is Spanish for bullfighting so there's another obvious hint at the theme for the island.
FullmetalRaikouMar 21, 2013 10:10 AM
Mar 21, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2011
RomanceDawn said:
MissKainan said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:

Unless you skipped/dozed off through history class you would know that Spain was once a flourishing Roman colony and had all of the same commodities that the Romans enjoyed in the capital. So the Spanish "Coliseo" is in the same style and design as the roman one. As for the one shown in the manga it looks like the coliseum in Barcelona most of the island looks like Barcelona as well. Also that one thug called it the corrida coliseum which is Spanish for bullfighting so there's another obvious hint at the theme for the island.

Yes of course I am aware. Hispania was once Rome's favourite colony, and most soldiers went there to retire. So what. Oh and I didn't learn that in history class.

I still think it's based on the Colosseum. The name is a dead giveway. Secondly look at the seating, Plaza de Toros only has two layers, which are covered by a roof and pillars. Corrida Colosseum has 3 or more layers and the seats are open air just like the original one.

Just cause Dressrossa is like Spain, it doesn't mean that every thing in it is Spanish, and everything Spanish will make an appearance.
Mar 21, 2013 11:14 PM
Sep 2012
I guess we can say goodbye to One Piece's world-building, I'll stop expecting anything creative from now on, it's been forever since Skypiea.

I'm sure there will be some thing at the end and the tournament will be cancelled or something gets stolen...
LunaMar 23, 2013 12:36 PM
Mar 23, 2013 3:46 AM

Aug 2012

pls drop the "like the original" way of putting what you want to say, because Colosseum was neither the first, nor the most innovative arena in the Roman Empire, just the largest... Just say you think this is looks more like the Colosseum because of its size rather then the one in Barcelona.

Mar 23, 2013 12:37 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Removed off-topic and flaming. Please keep the discussion civil.
May 18, 2013 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
I really hope Luffy joins in this battle. I assume it's going to be gladiator style which would be sweet.
Jul 6, 2016 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

You called it like a witch.
May 15, 2018 3:17 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, the Mera Mera no Mi!
Sep 9, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2017
My mind has been blown! How can I be so foolish as to think that there will be another Mera Mera fruit aside from Ace's or that they made an identical one. So the way I deduce it, there is only one "devil fruit" for each abilities, and no identical; that same goes for Gumo Gumo and others! When the user dies, it will reappear once again for its new master.

Now I'm enlightened! And now for the next chapter...

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 26, 2022 11:50 AM

May 2021
A tournament arc, huh? This is OP so I'm guessing it would go differently than usual.

Apr 15, 2023 6:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow, the Coliseo seems a trap!!! kekeke
Apr 23, 2023 6:09 PM

Dec 2022
loving the aesthetic of this arc, some kind of wild Spanish Roman mashup
Jul 31, 2023 9:22 PM
Dec 2021
Buen capitulo, sirve para presentar todo el tema del coliseo y la situacion de la mera mera no mi.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.