Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2013 7:08 PM

Oct 2011
I was on the brink of tears during Misaki's speech, reminiscing about their happy and sad times together. Best episode of the series so far.

Mar 18, 2013 7:22 PM

Aug 2011
That was some good shit.
Glad I kept watching this.
Mar 18, 2013 7:23 PM
Oct 2009
Did we really all watch the same thing? Wasn't this ridiculously over-the-top, annoyingly unrealistic and so forced, as usual? I mean, if someone from a tiny dorm for trouble-makers was suddenly crying telling her life story at the graduation speech, I'd be like, ugh, awkward, please stop embarrassing yourself right now. I mean who cares about an old dorm of like 5-6 people, half of which are leaving anyway? The building does not make the relationship. I can't possibly take this seriously, and so I cannot stand how ridiculous this episode was. The teachers freaking out, trying to shut them up? Really? Sorata screaming and crying like an idiot over the mic? Why would the whole student body suddenly root for them? Why do they care? As they obviously did not in the slightest before. I do apologize for ranting, but I just don't seem to get it.
Mar 18, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Suzie said:
Did we really all watch the same thing? Wasn't this ridiculously over-the-top, annoyingly unrealistic and so forced, as usual? I mean, if someone from a tiny dorm for trouble-makers was suddenly crying telling her life story at the graduation speech, I'd be like, ugh, awkward, please stop embarrassing yourself right now. I mean who cares about an old dorm of like 5-6 people, half of which are leaving anyway? The building does not make the relationship. I can't possibly take this seriously, and so I cannot stand how ridiculous this episode was. The teachers freaking out, trying to shut them up? Really? Sorata screaming and crying like an idiot over the mic? Why would the whole student body suddenly root for them? Why do they care? As they obviously did not in the slightest before. I do apologize for ranting, but I just don't seem to get it.

The scenario presented was "over-the-top" but it is not unrealistic. Though individuals will definitely think it is awkward; the scene presented more than a thousand people in the crowd thus individual reasoning is overwritten by crowd psychology.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Mar 18, 2013 7:44 PM
Sep 2012
That was such a nice episode. I'm really going to miss Misaki and her antics throughout the season. That speech she gave was touching and funny at the same time. I was laughing when their faces when Misaki wished for Ryuunosuke and Rita to continue to get along with each other. That montage of memorable scenes was nice -- especially the one where Nanami was flustered with Sorata's head next to her bare ass. Those teachers were dicks for treating them like that and throwing Sorata to the ground and covering his mouth like a bunch of thugs.
Mar 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Jul 2009
dafaq did i just watch
this is near masterpiece material.
HOLYYYYYYYYYY IMPOSSIBRU
Mar 18, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Great Episode, Great Episode Indeed. They could end the season right here but I guess 1 more Episode to go. from what the preview says it looks like we will have a time skip until next year lol.

that was a nice speech and what not. great episode!
Mar 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
Suzie said:
Welcome to the world of fiction!

But actually, when a few people in the crowd start shouting, it will usually lead to a domino effect that will eventually lead to the rest going with the flow and getting caught in the excitement aswell. At first it's awkward, but once you are caught in the excitement, your view will change. All it takes is someone to kickstart the audience. I've seen that happen before. It actually works.
Mar 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Cranfin said:
Suzie

Why comment you don't like this genre of anime?
That makes no fking sense

I don't speak for Suzie but I thought the second half of this series was all really forced and I sort of stopped having an emotional attachment to any character. It's not that I hate this genre but this anime started off entertaining then started nose diving.

I went into this episode thinking *sigh* I might as well finish the series. Misaki starts talking about hot pots and swimming during a graduation speech, which isn't out of character, but at this point the show doesn't have me emotionally attached. And then Sorata starts yelling like he usually does and everyone joins in. It's all too ridiculous for me. Other forums have had discussion threads up and this is the sentiment of quite a lot of people.

Give us Rita x Ryuu in the last episode and I'll be happy.
Mar 18, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
That was emotional.
Sorata had to yell as usual.

Now with only one episode left.

WHERE IS THE MASHIRO X SORATA KISS SCENE?
Mar 18, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2009
Best part of episode
Mar 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
I really enjoyed this series when I picked it up, and tried to keep enjoying it despite its many flaws. But the drama and dialogue felt so contrived in the second half that it can no longer redeem itself in my eyes.
Mar 18, 2013 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
really awesome episode cant wait for the next one.
Mar 18, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2009
Suzie said:

Someone's got a dick up their ass. Here's reality for you: I would've dropped that teacher if he touched me - criminal charges afterwards - oh well.

A more serious answer would be: You as the audience wouldn't know their story or their personality as well as you do as the viewer. You will take the speech at face value. What you are told during the ceremony was a very moving speech by a student who's clearly very passionate about her friends and her dorm. Now, if you still think you wouldn't be able to sympathize with her, then that's another story, and just speaks to me who you are. But for 95% of the population, we love cheering for the 'underdogs' or the people who are trying to 'fight the system', if you will. Therefore, it's not unrealistic to see the whole student body cheering them on. Didn't you hear Ryuunosuke at the end? The speech from beginning to end was more of a calculated setup than a simple spur of the moment rant.

Capiche?
Mar 18, 2013 8:27 PM
Oct 2009
Yes, I do know of mob psychology. But it still felt unrealistic for the mob to side with the trouble-makers they didn't care about at all before. Sure, it is possible for that kind of development to happen, but I thought it was unlikely and therefore, I couldn't help but see it as forced. It's not the whole genre I don't like, I just find this series to be particularly over-the-top and so I can't relate to any of the characters or their interactions anymore. Screaming phrases while crying does not make a speech touching. Just. so. much. screaming. and. crying. I know, it's fiction, it's ok for it to be exaggerated, but I wish some of the conflicts in there would be solved in more... realistic ways.

Naturally, it seems to have touched some people, so I won't say it was 100% a "bad speech" and what not. It just felt really really awkward to me and I was thinking the whole time, is this over yet? Please?

I'm glad to see I'm not quite the only one who thinks this way lol.

@kurogashi
I would be tempted to say the opposite... We the viewers have seen their time together and their friendship so we should in theory relate to them. The school does not know of them as such. What the student body knows is that they live together in a dorm for trouble-makers. They shouldn't want to side with them for their beautiful friendship that they don't know of.
SuzieMar 18, 2013 8:30 PM
Mar 18, 2013 8:39 PM
Jan 2012
3 Words...

Best
Episode
Ever!

I'll tell you what in all the drama type anime that I've watched, this is by far(besides Clannad) is the best 2nd to last episode ever... to tell you the truth, in Clannad I pretty much teared up in ever last 5 episodes of that anime.. nothing can compare to that.. but since this is a new anime, were in a whole other ball game.

This Episode almost brought me to tears. I'd be one happy fella if it ended here, but we've still got one more episode left. I'm anxiously waiting for the ending. i dont want it to end, but it is. hopefully there's a 2nd season.(i dont read the manga so dont tell me to). out of all the newly aired anime(which most of the ones im watching have 1 episode left), this is my favorite. I'm watching this episode a 2nd time, just because its that awesome!

P.S. im writing this on my sh**ty iPod, so bare with me...
Mar 18, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode, this episode felt like the finale. Wouldn't mind if they ended the anime here. Misaki's speech was amazing. I can understand why the audience all stood up for Sakurasou. I would do the same.

5/5
Mar 18, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2012
Definite 5/5

Manly tears were shed. Such a crazy build up from those drama filled previous episodes. Can't wait till next week "Welcome to Sakurasou" ^-^
:(
Mar 18, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
MANY TEARS WERE SHED!!! ;_; Best episode of Sakurasou, HANDS DOWN! This episode was animated beautifully, everything was so perfect. Misaki's speech was so touching and the OST fit so well. Very emotional, really hit me hard. When the OP song came on as Sorata was shouting on the stage it made me so happy. Getting all the students to be against the demolition of Sakurasou, heck yeah! It was very thoughtful of Rita to make those cherry blossom badges/pins. That song at the end was so sweet. :) Also, I loved those Rita X Ryuunosuke scenes. <3

100/5
Mar 18, 2013 9:15 PM

May 2009
Damn you for making me shed my manly tears. :'(
Mar 18, 2013 9:17 PM

Feb 2011
oh mah goodness, the FEELS!
dang you for making me shed these tears!!!!
Mar 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
MAAAAAN. totally love this episode. can't stop crying. waaaaa~
5/5
Mar 18, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2010
You don't shed manly tears while watching Sakurasou I'm pretty sure those where girly tears.

Needs moar Former Freeloader x Ryuunosuke
Mar 18, 2013 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
Nearly teared up, fantastic episode.

One more episode left, it's been a great ride.
Mar 18, 2013 9:52 PM

Feb 2013
One of the best speeches i have ever heard.Way to go misaki :D
Mar 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2009
Okay it's time to admit that Misaki has completely stolen the show, for me she's one of the best female char of the season. What a touching speech, this ep is the best episode, the highlight of entire series and it will be never forgotten.

All the flashbacks fit very well with every words, the character's expression, all were perfect. And I didn't know Misaki could pull out something great like that. Whoever wrote that speech deserves to get praised. Btw, how sweet looking at Ryuunosuke and Rita <3

And all the drama ... special thanks to Okada Mari, she did a perfect job at the series composition role, she just knows how to focus on emotional impacts. (Zetsuen no Tempest is also one of my fav along with Sakurasou, and she is the series composition for both of them)
Mar 18, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Tear jerker. Whole episode was basically a speech... I guess that's okay though.
Mar 18, 2013 10:50 PM
Jul 2011
I kept thinking of that scene from evangelion when i was listening to that song
Mar 18, 2013 10:51 PM

Dec 2011
not that great.

the way they're ending this is a little too big for it's pants and you really have to suspend disbelief, more than usual, for this anime to work. i've loved it up until maybe 4 eps ago, when they found out sakurasou was getting shut down. i guess i expected these last episodes to resolve the love triangle.
Mar 18, 2013 10:58 PM
Aug 2012
Couldn't squeeze out any tears, but I felt the sheer sadness during Misaki's speech D:, I love Sakurasou's piano music though, just made it that much better.
Mar 18, 2013 11:03 PM

Feb 2013
AH! This was so good.

It took everything I had not to cry. And I still think I shed a couple tears during the speech.....glorious.

*edit*

I think if I would have had a couple of beers before watching, I would have cried like a little girl.
Mar 18, 2013 11:06 PM

Sep 2012
I'll just say that I shed manly tears. Touching episode. From the speech Misaki gave to when they told Kanda to shutup. Really love this series. Hope they make another season of when Kanda and the others are in their final year of highschool

I really don't want the next episode to come T____T
Mar 18, 2013 11:08 PM
Nov 2012
i swear i wanna give 15/10 score on here if i can :D

so tearjerking especially when misaki speech + when they sing ED song..

i remembered when i graduate from high school..
Mar 18, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Totally did not expect this anime to make me cry (;_; )
Mar 18, 2013 11:21 PM

Nov 2012
Rita & Ryuunosuke gif

Nanami and Mashiro singing

more gifs and screenshots
http://vpzmgrk.minus.com/muWtLxoQ2toE3
Mar 18, 2013 11:32 PM
Nov 2012
Well while the most of it didn't move me at all,
the ending performance of Kyou no Hi ha Sayounara got me.

The next episode title, 'Welcome to Sakurasou'
;_;
Mar 18, 2013 11:45 PM
Sep 2009
Mar 19, 2013 12:16 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, really. That was too amazing, the feels were everywhere!

10/5 (or something), it really deserves it. I didn't want the episode to end T_T (not that I cried, but it's about as close as it gets with me ^^).

Sakurasou will not die! and I'm sure many juniors will want to join ^^

Mar 19, 2013 12:31 AM

Apr 2010
Very emotional episode. I probably teared up as much as Nanamin. Gorgeous speech and great shout-outs.

Mar 19, 2013 12:41 AM
Jan 2013
Ahaha, it happened again~. I have a tendency to put my focus onto to one or two characters and have it stay on those characters. Sure, I liked Misaki's speach, very moving I guess, Sorata was a little too into it. Jin always has his nice moments, Mashiro is neutral/leaning towards like as always, and Aoyama still annoys me somewhat.....

Yet, throughout the entire episode I was just waiting for Ryuunosuke and Rita to appear. Those two almost immeditely grabbed my attention and still hold it.

But now I feel bad for not being able to focus on the actual point...
Mar 19, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
Nobody mentioned it so far, but I loved the way Jin was teasing Misaki in the beginning <3

Speech made me teary

and it looks like all went according to keikaku - get the public opinion on your side and they cannot demolish sakurasou w/o taking a hit to their reputation
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 19, 2013 1:35 AM

Oct 2012
Touching and very emotional episode, feels like true ending! 10/10
Mar 19, 2013 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
UGLY SOBBING EVERYWHERE. I have never sobbed for a full seventeen minutes before. This show is too much. This was one of the most well made graduation scenes in anime that I've seen before. It was so. I just. ALL MY TEARS.

5/5 for this episode, the best episode of the series.

Mar 19, 2013 1:52 AM

May 2008
How come Mashiro and Rita knows how to sing this song when they were in England most their lives. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When Jin grabbed Misaki , <3 .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 19, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2012
HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY TEARS FOR MY GRADUATION ON FRIDAY??!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2008
Not a bad episode, but it felt a bit too over dramatic and unrealistic to me. Nonetheless, it at least brought back some good Evangelion memories. 3.5/5, rounding up to 4/5, for this episode.
Mar 19, 2013 2:50 AM

Nov 2012
Best ep of the series hands down.

Quite tear-jerker.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 19, 2013 3:01 AM

Oct 2011
I almost cried. It was beautiful!

Mar 19, 2013 3:24 AM

Oct 2011
The graduation scene from Azumanga Daioh still makes me cry more, but... I admit I got teary. :(
Mar 19, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
I just had the longest smile in my entire life.
RedgraveGilverMar 19, 2013 3:31 AM
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.