Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 29, 2016 5:58 AM

Sep 2015
They certainly did their best throwing out death flags left, right and centre for Inui.

I did find myself wondering why they refuse to use their Cantus in most of the situations where doing so would avoid pretty much any and all trouble, though. When they came to the cliff opening above the river, why didn't they just fly themselves upriver? Or run across the surface of the river. Or just jump from each side of the cliff over and over.

Seems more logical than splitting up and going back the way they came. Same for when Saki was originally attacked by the worm. She just threw her hands in front of herself rather than just stopping it in its tracks with her Cantus. And again when they exited the submarine. Rather than just propelling themselves forward, they walk as slow as ants across the floor, leading to Inui's demise.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 22, 2016 2:02 PM
Dec 2014
Revulsion said:
yhunata said:

That is the entire point of Death Feedback. After what happened in the past, they had to find a way to disallow humans from harming each other.

There's a way to live for ever but there's no chance to remove the this in order to create 1-2 soldiers to take care of the Fiends.

Has much sense, yeah.

Death feedback is the only thing that keeps that society running. Wouldn't be very effective if it could be removed at a whim, would it now?
Aug 3, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
I knew it, Inui has the same suspicion about Kiroumaru but he already bought the farm.

The psychic memory blocks are gone, she remembered Shun. Is he for real or Saki imagining him or he's manifesting within Saki himself like when Saki was blabbering about the Cantus leak when she said she didn't said anything of it? O_o

The preview looks like betrayal (as expected) and grim (isn't it always?) as well but it's the penultimate episode...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
Minoshiro is very useful indeed.

This is reaching to the climax!! Beautiful art done by A-1 Pictures. Props to that.

3.9/5
Sep 13, 2016 11:11 PM

Mar 2015
Aww Inui died....

Also wow, the animation is amazing in each episode. And Shun is back?

Please don't tell me they're going to let that fiend lives because "it's just a kid" bullshit. Don't give me that. She killed and indirectly killed lots of my favorites.

Oct 21, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode. Looking forward to seeing how they'll wrap this up in the next couple of shows.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 9, 2016 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Inui...it was a matter of time though.

She finally remembered Shun, but is she just delusional right now or was that really him?
Nov 19, 2016 8:04 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
mixordia said:
but she remembered him without the sex party... LOL

That is good, no need to get all those yaoi scenes back to my head again!
So the Messiah isnt a Fiend then? I mean, the images we got from Fiends showed up that they had they faces totally fucked up, and Maria's daughter only has that stripes going on...

yuyyuka said:
Saki remembers Shun.It was a really sad scene but great overall.

And no Inui died.

Talk about climax! He just died like that, but in a way it made its point, life can be extinguished just like that, in a hearbeat, silently..
May 9, 2017 6:48 PM
Apr 2014
This episode was great, had a little bit of everything just the right amount of suspense and drama.

No plot armor for Inui. For a second I thought he was going to split the worm in half down the middle.

Finally calling someone a rat bastard is actually appropriate.
Jun 26, 2017 9:51 PM

Sep 2014
Death Flags man. Ep 23.

Plot: Saki and co continue their travels but need to separate to go further. She and Inui retrieve the sub while fighting off giant worms. Saki begins to have delusions about Shun. Unfortunately half way through, Inui falls. Saki continues alone all the way to the Psycho Buster.

She manages to get topside and there her memories of Shun recover at last...and then his ghost appears.

Character:The ride never ends for Saki. Losing Inui. Having delusions about people she can't remember. But she soldiered on and now she has the key.

Sucks for Inui but he triggered so many flags during that whole, "I'm just a ghost or Avenger for my group." Though he does raise some good points about Kiroumaru before dying. Hope he's wrong.

Animation/sound: All the creepy crawlies and Giant crawlies were terrifying. Those mites and the giant worms especially. The dream sequences were pretty and the build up to the PB and Saki breaking to the surface were well worth the build up.

5/5. How could it go wrong?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 1, 2017 4:46 PM

Nov 2016
Oha, Saki remembered Shun again, but I doubt that he's really back.

Also R.I.P. Inui., if this keeps up I don't know who's gonna remain till the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2017 9:02 AM
Nov 2015
I like the way they minimize the sentimentality when Inui got killed, showing only 5 sec of Saki crying.
But Saki is so damn whiny and unlikable and useless. Yeah, she's good sometimes, in many instances has shown resilience and maturity. But it's not consistent at all. The last time I like her was back from the Maria-escape arc. It's been down-hill since, especially because of the way the staff handled her facial expressions, voice, ....
Like, she's a complex character, and I usually like complex characters who have both strength and weakness. But I can't like her 80% of the time, I find her only tolerable 20% of the time.
Oct 20, 2017 9:11 AM
Nov 2015
Does anyone have any fffffing idea about that stream-of-consciousness-done-amateurishly sequence, (or is it reality) when she met (in reality or in her head) whatever?
She found the buster, sat down, then suddenly blast the wall, looked towards the sun (dreamy scene, and the damn music as if on cue played as if to show us "oh this is wonderful, this is emotional"), then suddenly had some stream-of-consciousness moments, and ran towards Shun.

Was there any hint, was finding the buster that much of a cataclyst for her to remember his name? And does remembering his name have anything to do with anything at this moment?? Yes, she feels better, but the human race is dying.
Sean_NessmanOct 20, 2017 9:16 AM
Oct 27, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
Man, right when Inui was becoming such a cool character they killed him ... RIP :( Though I'm not entirely sure how he died ...? Did he get eaten by a worm underwater? O_O Splitting up probably is not gonna end well, but here we are. Somehow Saki manages to remember Shun, I really didn't expect him to show up in this show again o_O How did she regain her memories though? I don't think anything special happened to make her remember really ... considering what they said early on about Cantus leakage basically making Tokyo hell or what you think it is, I'm suspecting that Saki's just seeing her Cantus leakage taking Shun's image or something. They managed to find the Psychobuster thing, and as we suspect Kiroumaru has betrayed them or something next episode. Guess the fiend isn't really a fiend, but doesn't make sense why she can just kill people like that, unless it's because she didn't grow up in the villages and thus doesn't have the feedback and attack inhibition? Either way the shot of Saki coming out into the sunlight was pretty epic. Hoping that the ending doesn't disappoint!
Feb 13, 2018 12:39 PM

Aug 2017
Another intense episode. Poor Saki, she is alone now. I hope that Kiroumaru is a good guy. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2018
Oh shit, I'm gonna call it right now.

Ghost Shun returns to give Saki that good ol' Nakama powerup and then she'll go Super Saiyan and takes out the planet and live with Satoru on Mars where they'll fuck all day every day and make millions of babies.

Dec 21, 2018 4:36 PM

May 2013
I'm confused. Did that worm kill Inui-san? Why didn't he just move out of the way??? Whutt. o____O
Jul 3, 2019 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
Inui's death was so obvious it was amusing really. Like when he says that he'll do his utmost to keep Saki alive even at the cost of his own life Saki doesn't even try to argue against it. I at least expected something like "No don't be ridiculous! Our lives are all equal." but she was all like "Alright thanks." Being self-aware of your plot armor doesn't make the plot armor any less annoying.

Why didn't they just levitate to cross the river though? We've seen Maria do it, haven't we? And that was when they were teens.
Nov 22, 2019 9:58 PM

Feb 2017
Don't you hate it when your pig-shaped Alexa runs out of solar-powered energy at night?
Feb 15, 2020 2:56 AM

Dec 2018
I thought the pairing would be Saki with Satoru and Kiroumaru with Inui.

Oh wow, I wonder if they would think of a heaven and it will be a reality.

Oh cmon, Inui, you're a wildlife protector, you should be able to handle all kind of creatures.

The show sure takes their time to reveal the truth about Cantus, or maybe the show intend to leave it as a plot hole in the first place.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 5, 2020 4:05 AM

Aug 2019
Good episode, though felt a bit rushed and disjointed. I'm so sad Inui died, he was really awesome. Though I really like her, Saki has been kind of useless these past couple of episodes. But finally she remembers Shun and that whole sequence was quite beautiful. So Kiroumaru actually betrays them, judging from the preview. Hope Satoru is alright, really praying for him not to die.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 12, 2020 3:03 AM
Oct 2019
I better recommend that the love relationship should be between Satoru and Saki... I sorta feel a little bad for Satoru... Still, i can't deny the fact that this anime is not a romance anime
Nov 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Jul 2017
Found this slightly boring again, the inconsistent momentum continues but at least the talk with Shun was solid in the end and the music had some damn good moments too. Not necessarily a bad episode but for an episode leading to the finale, eh.
Dec 9, 2020 2:13 PM
Mar 2015
Why couldn't they just cross the ravine using their telekinesis to float? Like they did to get off the boat and away from the fiend a couple episodes ago. Even if they can't hold it for long, they could have used it to look for another cave along the river. It makes Inui's death seem pointless.
Jan 9, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2018
This anime is full of logical mistakes and plot holes + pacing is horrible and animation is questionable most of the time.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 9, 2022 3:59 PM
Nov 2020
Ngl I never liked the character of Shun. It just never got t understand him
Apr 21, 2022 12:38 PM

Dec 2018
so because the world thinks tokyo is hell (probably because thats where it started), it causes it to manifest as such.
looks like a labyrinth and the centipede is a minotaur. finally made it out and got her prize, probably isn't alive though.
Apr 30, 2022 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
I was going to say that Inui was coming off more shady than Kiroumaru, but, well... he died this episode, so I guess not.

I forgot to mention before, there is something inherently amusing about how we are in this super dystopian society with psychic powers, monsters, and demons. Then, the solution to defeating this OP "fiend" is to just poison it with anthrax. Like, "This guy can just set fire to everything and can't be attacked back, let's just throw some anthrax on him and then he'll die." Good plan, great plan! I don't think it's supposed to be, but it almost comes off as like satire.

I dunno, I think it's funny.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 6, 2022 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
so its not a Fiend then? they keep hinting at that, i think Inui d ve survived but maybe the monster was to fast for him
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.