Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2013 10:34 PM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this today and HOLY SHIT ARISA. Steins;Gate and AnoHana movie hype just got lowered because of this film. People were crying and clapping at the credits lol even though it was a noontime screening lol. JC Staff's latest masterpiece since Railgun RIGHT HERE. Index3 when????

Mod edit: removed big text
koleareMar 7, 2013 9:23 AM
Feb 26, 2013 10:38 PM

Mar 2012
I thought sub already come out when I read this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 26, 2013 11:31 PM
May 2008
This isn't helping with the wait. FML

Index 3 is likely next year.
Feb 26, 2013 11:34 PM

Mar 2012
I want Index 3 in fall. Come on JC staff make it happen.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 26, 2013 11:36 PM
May 2008
Needs time in the oven though. :( If it happens then Year of the Indexverse confirmed.
Feb 26, 2013 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
This year will be complete if that happen. And that's if this year have Baka Test season 3.
Feb 26, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2011
Well, there's still Railgun SS to debut during Spring. Index III is possible tbh and it so, will likely be based on the LN. Who knows even. Also, Railgun manga chapter 56.5 gave a small sneak peek of the movie.

From what I know though, this movie is from an original standpoint so go figure.
Feb 26, 2013 11:49 PM
May 2008
Stark700 said:
Well, there's still Railgun SS to debut during Spring. Index III is possible tbh and it so, will likely be based on the LN. Who knows even.

You think so? Won't it require more time since its a 24 episode anime? I'm not too well versed on how long things take regarding this.

I know they'd definitely want the huge amount of sales from this and Railgun S to push into this.
Feb 26, 2013 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
Kazunga said:
Stark700 said:
Well, there's still Railgun SS to debut during Spring. Index III is possible tbh and it so, will likely be based on the LN. Who knows even.

You think so? Won't it require more time since its a 24 episode anime? I'm not too well versed on how long things take regarding this.

I know they'd definitely want the huge amount of sales from this and Railgun S to push into this.

It's likely. The movie could be a possible promotion to Railgun. In fact, the very first chapter of the movie w/the LN adaptation has already been translated today.

Railgun SS should get a 24 episodes imo if it can cover up to the festival arc. Otherwise, they would have to add some anime original filler episodes in. Even if it's based on the Sister's Arc, it can still go beyond that and extend some of the episodes if it's pushing for a 24-episode series. It's possible and I hope so.

As for the movie, I heard it got good sales recently. Now, my boy Accelerator better be alive and kicking ass.
Feb 26, 2013 11:59 PM
May 2008
Stark700 said:
Kazunga said:
Stark700 said:

It's likely. The movie could be a possible promotion to Railgun. In fact, the very first chapter of the movie w/the LN adaptation has already been translated today.

Railgun SS should get a 24 episodes imo if it can cover up to the festival arc. Otherwise, they would have to add some anime original filler episodes in. Even if it's based on the Sister's Arc, it can still go beyond that and extend some of the episodes if it's pushing for a 24-episode series. It's possible and I hope so.

As for the movie, I heard it got good sales recently. Now, my boy Accelerator better be alive and kicking ass.

Oh it can definitely cover 24 episodes. There's a ton of material in there from the beginning to the end of it as there is a lot of history and middle portion. I'm guessing we'll see

Yeah, I gotta go read the TL. And it's good- Index II had some clear cuts in terms of production quality. It seems they've been back on their feet for a while now- JC.

Haha I'm sure Last Order has him on lock.
Feb 27, 2013 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
Does Railgun SS will have Queen showing up? I'm not reading manga after all.
Feb 27, 2013 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:

Feb 27, 2013 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Feb 27, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2011
^

Somewhat correct but it relates more than just that. And yes, it was referenced by her before although she never trusted her in the first place, probably ever.
Feb 27, 2013 12:18 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
^

Somewhat correct but it relates more than just that. And yes, it was referenced by her before although she never trusted her in the first place, probably ever.
They are different after all in their personality.
Feb 27, 2013 12:35 AM
May 2008
Stark700 said:
^

Makes the latest arc so amusing.
Mar 5, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2009
bippo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this today and HOLY SHIT ARISA. Steins;Gate and AnoHana movie hype just got lowered because of this film. People were crying and clapping at the credits lol even though it was a noontime screening lol. JC Staff's latest masterpiece since Railgun RIGHT HERE. Index3 when????

>moving
ever watched any disney or ghibli movies? those are better.

>masterpiece
implying the whole "miracle" plot makes sense.

You're exaggerating, as far as i can give, it's only around 7-8 over 10.

Mod edit: removed big text
koleareMar 7, 2013 9:24 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 5, 2013 6:24 PM
Sep 2012
^ I don't know about other people but it is pretty good to me. One of the good ones this year. The only one I can see overtaking this is that new Gintama movie this summer.

Don't want to compare this to the ghibli and disney ones. Those movies are on a different level.
Mar 5, 2013 10:43 PM
May 2008
Aezile said:

>moving
ever watched any disney or ghibli movies? those are better.

>masterpiece
implying the whole "miracle" plot makes sense.

You're exaggerating, as far as i can give, it's only around 7-8 over 10.

>ever watched any disney or ghibli movies? those are better.
ever heard of an opinion? or maybe something that's not comparable because its a different level? didn't think so. Can be enjoyed and still moving without bringing those up.

>implying the whole "miracle" plot makes sense. You're exaggerating, as far as i can give, it's only around 7-8 over 10.

Not that hard to understand (spoiled self) so it does. So because ones opinion is different from yours, its exaggerating? nice and good for your own score.

bippo said:
^ I don't know about other people but it is pretty good to me. One of the good ones this year. The only one I can see overtaking this is that new Gintama movie this summer.

Don't want to compare this to the ghibli and disney ones. Those movies are on a different level.

Couple of friends loved it about as much as you. So its safe to say such an opinion is shared. :p
Mar 6, 2013 12:42 AM

May 2009
bippo said:

*thumbs up*

Kazunga said:

Not that hard to understand (spoiled self) so it does. So because ones opinion is different from yours, its exaggerating? nice and good for your own score.

Let's pop the space elevator here. It's a movie! Let's go nuts! Sure.

IB not negating "miracles" is a stalemate, apparently. Because why the fcvk not, no?

Yeah, keep depending on spoilers and you keep telling that to yourself without watching the movie, seems logical to retort the subject.

All i'm saying it's hard to enjoy when something happens in a desultory way. I can ignore the fact that the Endymion (not to mention how BIG it is) were placed like Kamachi was playing sims but the fact regarding to IB? That's a no and kamachi trolling your mind to the core. Both iRL and if you browse famous websites like 2ch, most of them can't seem to make out what exactly kamachi is trying to hint/convey about IB's true purpose and negating capabilities.

tl;dr Touma's Imagine Breaker is a boner breaker.

Both ensemble game and the road to endymion novel are softcore too, shame.

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 6, 2013 1:11 AM
May 2008
Aezile said:

Kazunga said:

Let's pop the space elevator here. It's a movie! Let's go nuts! Sure.

IB not negating "miracles" is a stalemate, apparently. Because why the fcvk not, no?

Yeah, keep depending on spoilers and you keep telling that to yourself without watching the movie, seems logical to retort the subject.

All i'm saying it's hard to enjoy when something happens in a desultory way. I can ignore the fact that the Endymion (not to mention how BIG it is) were placed like Kamachi was playing sims but the fact regarding to IB? That's a no and kamachi trolling your mind to the core. Both iRL and if you browse famous websites like 2ch, most of them can't seem to make out what exactly kamachi is trying to hint/convey about IB's true purpose and negating capabilities.

tl;dr Touma's Imagine Breaker is a boner breaker.

Both ensemble game and the road to endymion novel are softcore too, shame.

Really? Well, yeah it's a stand alone movie. Cmon, man.

2ch. Famous in the wrong way!

I get that it's different from watching, but I've read detailed enough stuff, but...

To be fair, the LN hasn't even gotten a complete wrapping on it yet. This application would be more general than tied down just to the movie, no? Rather, I don't think Kazuma is trolling anyone due to the amount of uncertainty. (Imagine Breaker)

I can't disagree with the last point. :p Read their wasn't much as I would have liked to have.
KazungaMar 6, 2013 1:25 AM
Mar 6, 2013 5:32 AM

May 2009
Kazunga said:

I get that it's different from watching, but I've read detailed enough stuff, but...

To be fair, the LN hasn't even gotten a complete wrapping on it yet. This application would be more general than tied down just to the movie, no? Rather, I don't think Kazuma is trolling anyone due to the amount of uncertainty. (Imagine Breaker)

I can't disagree with the last point. :p Read their wasn't much as I would have liked to have.

Lol for one, it's definitely not a stand-alone movie.

2ch is where Js06 hang out and it is also where animesuki people get there spoilers from, often getting it wrong/confusing with 2chan.

2chan2ch

Lol, you're quite new to the series, aren't you? Kamachi is well known for trolling his/her fans, even the animesuki people gave him a nickname of kamachi.exe.

The game is what almost everyone wouldn't call a game, heck when we went their we asked some jp friends what's good with the ensemble game and told us that, it's a collectible for the franchise. They like the series, no reasons needed even if the game turns out a total shit. But seriously tho, the game is not a game, it's more like a degraded version of a visual novel. And the plot for the road to endymion is just your generic normal Touma fukou da life, just to fill in the gaps. Really now, kamachi? *shrugs*

Once again, tl;dr the movie ain't a "masterpiece", it's just good. Heck, if it wasn't, shame on JC staff. Why? Hell, almost every corner of japan has index movie advertisement hahahaha

Then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :D

Mar 6, 2013 7:53 AM
May 2008
Aezile said:
Kazunga said:

Lol for one, it's definitely not a stand-alone movie.

2ch is where Js06 hang out and it is also where animesuki people get there spoilers from, often getting it wrong/confusing with 2chan.

2chan2ch

Lol, you're quite new to the series, aren't you? Kamachi is well known for trolling his/her fans, even the animesuki people gave him a nickname of kamachi.exe.

The game is what almost everyone wouldn't call a game, heck when we went their we asked some jp friends what's good with the ensemble game and told us that, it's a collectible for the franchise. They like the series, no reasons needed even if the game turns out a total shit. But seriously tho, the game is not a game, it's more like a degraded version of a visual novel. And the plot for the road to endymion is just your generic normal Touma fukou da life, just to fill in the gaps. Really now, kamachi? *shrugs*

Once again, tl;dr the movie ain't a "masterpiece", it's just good. Heck, if it wasn't, shame on JC staff. Why? Hell, almost every corner of japan has index movie advertisement hahahaha

Then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :D

Outside of it being set within a certain arc, wouldn't it be considered stand-alone?

Ah that would be my bad then!

Rather than new, I try to stay away from that stuff ha. I still don't think that's true though, but I actually didn't know that! despite what others think. Oh I expected the game not to be a game at all. They didn't show gameplay at all so my suspicions were right. That sucks though. Hey "fukou da" is epic plot advancement.

No no like i said, everyone holds a different opinion. :p
Mar 6, 2013 10:12 AM

May 2009
Kazunga said:
Outside of it being set within a certain arc, wouldn't it be considered stand-alone?

What? What it? The movie? The movie is a whole new arc. Correct me if i'm getting your sentence wrong.

Kazunga said:
They didn't show gameplay at all so my suspicions were right. That sucks though. Hey "fukou da" is epic plot advancement.

The railgun VN was way better -- http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_%28PSP_game%29 -- in terms of gaming point of view.

I guess, it's okay to use the word epic on the movie since the animation and how it was conducted during the screening was really good. There's even a raffle drawing tho didn't stay in for that shit, not interested.

Mar 7, 2013 1:23 AM
May 2008
Aezile said:
Kazunga said:

What? What it? The movie? The movie is a whole new arc. Correct me if i'm getting your sentence wrong.

Kazunga said:
They didn't show gameplay at all so my suspicions were right. That sucks though. Hey "fukou da" is epic plot advancement.

The railgun VN was way better -- http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_%28PSP_game%29 -- in terms of gaming point of view.

I guess, it's okay to use the word epic on the movie since the animation and how it was conducted during the screening was really good. There's even a raffle drawing tho didn't stay in for that shit, not interested.

Yeah, that's what I meant! Not good with wording stuff. :p

Oh that's the one I skipped, too. :[ I hope it's still in stock- is it a complete new arc in the game?. Haha I'm guessing Sanzigen/JC were a good combination then. Raffle huh? nice, but yeah it doesn't sound too engaging. :p
Mar 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
When can I actually watch this? :(
Mar 14, 2013 4:36 AM

May 2009
Joshua_Gates said:
When can I actually watch this? :(

8-10 months for BD/DVD release and 1-3 weeks for subs.

Apr 3, 2013 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
wow I thought with the huge ass discussion it was out on web. I was wrong
Apr 7, 2013 3:12 AM
Apr 2013
can anyone give me a link to where i can watch the movie.i dont mind if it is raw or sub
Apr 12, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2011
thefoxkiller2 said:
can anyone give me a link to where i can watch the movie.i dont mind if it is raw or sub

You won't find a raw or subs.
Jun 20, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2011
I just watched parts of it through the Chinese raw cam rip and hmm...very interesting. I loved the song in the beginning. Lol @ Kuroko and her useless reactions to anything related to her oneesama.

Lol @ Touma. So typical with a blush and girl on top to add to the mix:

Of course, Index just had to come, always the wrong fucking time. Action is pretty good and OST seems to be top notch although unfortunately, it was a little hard for me to tell since the cam rip had shitty quality.

These clothes:

HHHHHHHGGGGGG
Actually, they adapted this part from the early sections of the manga so not surprised it's here. Great movie. Nice to see Accelerator in this too and Komoe driving a car lmao. I can't wait for a higher quality to go up. I'll probably review the movie as well later this summer. Great to see Kaori as well, hot as usual and being a kickass girl.
Jun 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
I just watched parts of it through the Chinese raw cam rip and hmm...very interesting. I loved the song in the beginning. Lol @ Kuroko and her useless reactions to anything related to her oneesama.

Lol @ Touma. So typical with a blush and girl on top to add to the mix:

Of course, Index just had to come, always the wrong fucking time. Action is pretty good and OST seems to be top notch although unfortunately, it was a little hard for me to tell since the cam rip had shitty quality.

hahaah yeah touma damn luck.. and .. the one in his dorm too.. lol

wahahaha. this movie is soooo daaamn!! greaat!
Jun 22, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2009
Just watched the camrip.
The fight scenes were pretty cool and had a pretty good budget in them. The story will likely raise some eyebrows with how it went and how it was resolved but I still liked it. And of course seeing a lot of the familiar characters in action is pretty awesome.

Though dammit, Arisa!! Why did she have to disappear. Great body, pretty face, awesome voice, nice personality. Misawa Sachika seems to voice the best girls who disappears in the end. Arisa in here and
Goddammit. I know it will ruin the timeline if she stays but still... KAMACHII!!!

Will rewatch when the BDs come out.

>Stiyl and his loli brigade
>Tsuchimikado throwing Touma and Index in a shuttle to space
>Saten and her bat wanting to help but cockblocked by Tsuchimikado
>Saten actually appearing in an Index show
>Kanzaki fighting in space without a spacesuit
LOLOLOLOL
belatkuroJun 22, 2013 4:45 AM
Jun 23, 2013 5:48 AM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
Though dammit, Arisa!! Why did she have to disappear. Great body, pretty face, awesome voice, nice personality. Misawa Sachika seems to voice the best girls who disappears in the end. >> I know it will ruin the timeline if she stays but still... KAMACHII!!!

Technically saying, Arisa disappeared but she didn't. She became a part of her, a new saint speculated by Kanzaki and Tsuchimikado - most likely both of them is at #20 at the Saint's powerlevel rankings. It's not clear whether they were originally one but fuck it, Miracles is the theme of the movie, even magic can't top off the plothole there.

Aug 9, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
So basically it's for both Index and Railgun because basically all important Toaru characters are there.

A little witch using a little girl who sings to destruction (for her own undead to undo, her own wish)? The leader of crow team is voiced by Hikasa-san, right? Her music sense got to that girl during that accident, is that correct? Because of what happened in this movie, they are back to one.

Magic vs. Science -> Magic and Science working together.

Not so many appearances for Accel. ...
tsubasaloverAug 9, 2013 10:26 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 9, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2008
all i can say is...wow saints din´t need space suits, the have ....some magical...ki...or something XD
still nice movie, as someone said before, not a masterpiece, but a graet movie, letting aside the fact that the imagine breaker is suposed to negate even the miracles of god....but not of an idol....that's kinda like fuse kazakiri of the magic side XD

9/10 for me, it felt like if they actually mixed up railgu and index quite well, fun to watch, downloading =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 10, 2013 1:46 AM

Oct 2012
Did anyone watch the 22-minute special for Endymion no Kiseki?

If so, is it really just the first 22 minutes of the film? Or are there differences?
Aug 11, 2013 3:15 PM
Feb 2013
MCsq2 said:
Did anyone watch the 22-minute special for Endymion no Kiseki?

If so, is it really just the first 22 minutes of the film? Or are there differences?

Most video players can't support the full length of the movie so they are split into three separate players.
Aug 28, 2013 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Movie isn't bad, better than I expected actually.
Now I'm really looking forward to the other movies this year (Gintama, KnK, Anohana, Kizumonogatari, etc.).
Aug 30, 2013 6:43 AM

May 2012
RAW version is now available on nyaa
Aug 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
I know the plot wasn't that awesome but the movie was epic imo.

Totally loved it...except for a few of Index's annoying scenes =_=...Though she was pretty BA at the end.

Loved Arisa a lot. That girl is sooooo cute <3 And if she stayed I would've even shipped her with Touma XD

Their interactions were so nice and how she blushed when she found him cool was KAWAIII <3...No wonder she has lots of Fan arts XD

Loved her songs a lot too.

Stiyl seems to have a harem of his own now XD

And Damn Kanzaki was BA!!! I've always wanted to see her in outer space kicking ass after I read it in the LNs and we got to see it in this movie! Damn that was EPIC!!! And the animation was wonderful :D

Mikoto kicking ass with her Railgun was awesome! And she was cute on stage <3

Accelerator's little screen time was awesome being himself as usual XD

And the Sisters kicking ass as well was nice too :D

Shutaura was also a pretty nice character. I liked her a lot especially at the end when she started singing was cute ^^...Ofc after she got IDTI'd by Touma after some preaching XDXDXD

Anyway pretty good movie with all the characters playing a good role and Arisa was cute so all is good :)
Aug 31, 2013 3:17 PM

May 2012
This was a quite impressive movie I must say, to see all the lovely characters and a couple new ones with this amazing story was just amazing! The artwork to the animation to even all the singing was just absolutely epic!

I really liked the story and the conclusion of this movie! Lets see what the specials have to offer but well I sure loved this movie!

That's sure one more goth loli added to my favorite list!
Aug 31, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2013
I liked the movie but what happend to Shutaura after she and Arisa kind of fused? Did she die or vanish or something else?
Aug 31, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Siplexus said:
I liked the movie but what happend to Shutaura after she and Arisa kind of fused? Did she die or vanish or something else?
Very good question. I guess she just... walked away?
Since Railgun S reconned the elevator in, maybe we get a Sidestory in the next Index Season with her?
Aug 31, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2012
TouMAN once again saving the day with his fist of justice, breaking away all the illusions. He punched her so hard he fixed her brain damage.
Stitches327Aug 31, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 31, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
Siplexus said:

I was wondering about this too....

I'm guessing they became a single entity again or back to the original state?
Aug 31, 2013 4:56 PM

May 2013
That was a good movie.
Aug 31, 2013 5:49 PM
May 2013
Loved the movie, but can someone explain me something, what happen to Arisa, did she died or something?
Aug 31, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Siplexus said:

I was wondering about this too....

I'm guessing they became a single entity again or back to the original state?

That's about what I got from it, but then what? If they became a part of the saint that was foretold, it wasn't made very clear.
Aug 31, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2008
The movie felt great, i just wish they had a better conclusion so we know what happened to the characters at the end of the show.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What happened to Arisa?

sudelikespotato - Jan 23, 2022

5 by DivineLion »»
Oct 24, 2022 11:53 PM

» Why is Touma hiding th fact that magic exists?

olha2 - Mar 23, 2015

5 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 17, 2022 12:31 AM

» (Spoilers) Magical Index movie regarding Kanzaki

NightHawke68 - Feb 18, 2016

1 by Ljw »»
Jul 21, 2020 3:57 PM

» Does Misaka know Arisa from before the events of the movie? (spoiler maybe)

AnimeMangaGamer- - Sep 23, 2013

2 by Yuki_Haru2 »»
Oct 7, 2018 8:16 AM

» What do they hear at the end?

tsaavik - May 15, 2016

1 by edwarx »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.