3It was OK
26.5%
2Disliked it
6.1%
1Hated it
36.7%
Average 2.7
49 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2013 5:31 PM
Feb 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kaname clearly intends to use and manipulate Zero until he is dead. I feel like he is trying to get Zero to take care of Yuuki(And probably his unborn child) after he's gone.

Kaito is Zero's only friend and a true bro.

Yuuki slapping the shit out of Kaname was nice. Totally ruined seconds later with their melodrama though. I hate these two.

Here is hoping Zero ends up happy and preferably not involved with the Kurans. Purebloods are way too scuzzy.
Feb 22, 2013 5:43 PM
Mar 2011
Yay chapter 90!! Finally, it felt like it took so long to come out!!

The beginning of this chapter and then the end, it was so sad T.T
Kana-chan is so lonely and seems to believe he only exists to sacrifice himself for others. I'm glad Yuuki slapped him when he drank her blood (which is him clearly trying to awaken Zero's sealed memories), that's it Yuuki drag him back to reality and make him realize he doesn't need to sacrifice himself anymore and that you aren't going to abandon him and run back to Zero!! >.< I liked how she hugged him right after though :) it kind of reminded me of the Hinata slap how Hinata left her hand on Naruto's cheek afterwards which helped to retain her gentleness. Yuuki slapping Kaname and then hugging him was just like 'You're pissing me off so stop it! But I still love you." ^.^

But the real highlights of this chapter (besides all the beautiful YuMe moments)? The ShikiXRima moment and even more than that TAKUMA!!! My Tak-kun is back!! Anyone who has read my pro-KanaYuu posts on the forum they might assume that I'm a Kaname fangirl based off of how much I sympathize him, actually I'm a Takuma fangirl and I'm so SO SO glad he's back and acting like his old cheerful self again and being Kaname's best bro, worrying about him and caring about him and whatnot T.T Next to Yuuki, Takuma is probably the only one who understands Kaname and his loneliness.
Feb 22, 2013 9:05 PM

Feb 2013
Gosh.. this arc is getting more intense.. xD
It is obvious that Kaname want to regain Zero memory's back (stop it Kaname, Zero is already suffering enough) DX
Kaname is always want to sacrifice anything even his existence, talk about some emo handsome character.. xD lol
Yuuki is always be Yuuki, the girl that have 2 man in her heart but still confuse who she is love more.. (girl u already slept with Kaname, so just go with it) :3

the end of the chapter is just making me more curious!! gosh, it's a long wait for the next chapter.. :'(
Feb 22, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2008
Kaname pisses me off to no end. Just die already. He was incredibly annoying in this chapter. I'm fine with Yuuki. Zero deserves better than this though. Poor guy.
Feb 23, 2013 2:12 AM

Jul 2009
sarroush said:
Kaname pisses me off to no end. Just die already. He was incredibly annoying in this chapter. I'm fine with Yuuki. Zero deserves better than this though. Poor guy.

I hated that part were he hold her like she was a prize or something.
And for Yuuki, well, I don't like her anymore, after a lot of moments calling her names, nice chapters where she and Zero had good moments and to the last chapter where she slept with Kaname, I lost the small feeling I had for her.
I just wish Zero can be happy, and away from Kurans...I would hate it if he would end up with Yuuki (and like someone said, maybe Kaname's unborn baby)
Feb 23, 2013 2:52 AM
Dec 2012
Shining gem of this was definitely Shiki and Rima moving towards becoming official. Kaname came across as a true tool to me taunting Zero by biting Yuuki like that but if it helps push Zero to regain his memories all the better. Even Yuuki is still showing signs that part of her wants to be with Zero again by trying to avoid being around him and especially in how she reacted to Kaname. Taito gained much much respect for further planting the memory regaining flag for Zero. As always I'm in it for Zero to be happy even if it takes Yuuki and all that she's done so far to make that happen. At least there were no true ass-pulls in this chapter which makes it better than the previous one.
ragingxFeb 23, 2013 3:28 AM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Feb 23, 2013 10:20 AM

Mar 2010
Honestly, before I read this chapter I was like "What crap will this be?". Surprisingly it was quite fine. The only thing I'm really starting to get fed up with is Yuuki's indecisiveness. Seriously, just decide already and stick with it! Overall, I feel like nothing really happened in this chapter. We had FINALLY some more characters and a tea party. That's all. What the hell is with hunters being buddies with Kaname all of a sudden? It's not like any vampire can't claim to become the parent just to be protected. And why would they send Zero to protect them when he suffered a weird memory loss for no reason? Shouldn't they be trying to get him better or at least make him rest? Also, how could the mansion just get attacked out of the blue with 3 (probably) the most powerful vampires around? They should feel them or something! So many things that didn't make sense... but I guess for VK, it's not that bad.

TBH, I don't think Kaname was doing anything bad this chapter. Judging by how it is portraying him he was trying to make Zero remember (biting his loved one) or to make Yuuki realise she wants to be with Zero (so she wouldn't sacrifice herself for his sake) or both. The only "jerk" I see this chapter is Yuuki. Despite deciding to be with Kaname, she keeps showing signs of loving Zero without trying to hide them or any guilt. She is outright CRUEL to both Kaname and Zero. ESPECIALLY considering that she realises how much Kaname did for her (at least according to this chapter). That's just sick. I lost any and all respect I had for that girl. And at this point I feel like ending up with her is actually the BAD end for the guy.
Feb 23, 2013 10:36 AM
Jun 2010
I hate Kaname, what a piece of trash. Flaunting that Yuuki is his in front of Zero when he has no memoires. God I hate him and Yuuki so much. I hope they get what they deserve.

Zero to kill Kaname would be perfect, and Yuki can go to hell. Although im glad Zero has some cool friends looking out for him.
Feb 23, 2013 12:18 PM
Mar 2011
HikaruIzumi said:

Honestly, before I read this chapter I was like "What crap will this be?". Surprisingly it was quite fine. The only thing I'm really starting to get fed up with is Yuuki's indecisiveness. Seriously, just decide already and stick with it! Overall, I feel like nothing really happened in this chapter. We had FINALLY some more characters and a tea party. That's all. What the hell is with hunters being buddies with Kaname all of a sudden? It's not like any vampire can't claim to become the parent just to be protected. And why would they send Zero to protect them when he suffered a weird memory loss for no reason? Shouldn't they be trying to get him better or at least make him rest? Also, how could the mansion just get attacked out of the blue with 3 (probably) the most powerful vampires around? They should feel them or something! So many things that didn't make sense... but I guess for VK, it's not that bad.

TBH, I don't think Kaname was doing anything bad this chapter. Judging by how it is portraying him he was trying to make Zero remember (biting his loved one) or to make Yuuki realise she wants to be with Zero (so she wouldn't sacrifice herself for his sake) or both. The only "jerk" I see this chapter is Yuuki. Despite deciding to be with Kaname, she keeps showing signs of loving Zero without trying to hide them or any guilt. She is outright CRUEL to both Kaname and Zero. ESPECIALLY considering that she realises how much Kaname did for her (at least according to this chapter). That's just sick. I lost any and all respect I had for that girl. And at this point I feel like ending up with her is actually the BAD end for the guy.

Fully agree that Kaname's actions were him trying to save the Zeki ship. I don't understand why some Zeki fans are hating on him and saying he's "flaunting" Yuuki and treating her as a "prize" as though he's won. As someone on tumblr said he's on your side he wants your ship to happen (even if it isn't for Zero's sake but Yuuki's instead). If anyone should be upset with Kaname over his actions in this chapter it should be the YuMe fans but we're not. ???

I do disagree on what you said about Yuuki though, yes Yuuki is showing signs of still loving Zero even though she's chosen Kaname it's to be expected since that's not something you get over in just a day and she did try to hide it. She was the one who wanted to stay in her room, not see Zero, and talk to Kaname instead but Kaname forcibly brought her out and then after being forced to greet Zero she tried to make a hasty escape with Kaname but he stopped her again with the 'let's have tea' thing (speaking of which loved Yuuki's reaction in the little bubbles XD "Tea?" "Tea.") And she did say she felt uncomfortable with the whole situation when asked and finally she slapped Kaname and told him to stop trying to bring Zero into their problems. So no I don't think she was a "jerk" in this chapter. Yuuki was doing her best to stick with her decision and move on from Zero while Kaname kept trying to force Zero's memories to come back by using Yuuki. :)

I was actually quite proud of Yuuki for slapping Kaname and telling him to stop drying to place a wall of Zero flesh between them. It really showed her determination in sticking with her decision.

On your first paragraph, sending Zero could have been the Kaien or Kaito's idea for getting his memories back and I don't think he would rest even if they told him to XD
They'd probably have to strap him into a bed XD As for the hunters association being buddy buddy with Kaname it's because he's the one that has decided to be the new parent, I mean it's not like the HA has a bunch of vampire candidates lined up ready to toss their hearts into a furnace to make them vampire hunting weapons, plus it might need to be a pureblood that has to do it which just limits them even more to their choices. As for how the mansion could be attacked out of the blue and none of the vampires sensed it, well we don't know if they sensed it or not, we only saw the hunter perspective plus it could have been that the vampires somehow hid their presence until the mansion was surrounded.
Feb 23, 2013 2:26 PM
Feb 2013
I've really enjoyed Vampire Knight, even with the sappiness and kind of random plot twists, that's part of what makes it fun - after all, it is supposed to be entertainment.

I can honestly say that I feel for all of the characters (except maybe Rido - guy was a total douchebag), but that definitely doesn't mean that I agree with everything they've done.

People will probably (no, definitely) flame me for saying this, but having been a confused 17 year old suddenly dumped into a situation that I wasn't prepared for, I can't bring myself to hate Yuuki. Yes, I would really like her to be more assertive about her decisions and commit to them wholeheartedly, but at the same time I can understand how that wouldn't be easy.

Yuuki & Zero (talk about Kaname in a second) - they're both teenagers and they've both hurt each other trying to deal with their own crap while still trying to watch out for the other; Zero points guns at her head and threatens to kill her every other chapter but won't actually do it because of his feelings for her; the more aggressive/hurt he acts, Yuuki protects/loves him more and then gets confused because of her feelings for Kaname and so the cycle goes.

While I think the memory rape thing was an arrogant and selfish action on her part (when someone says stop, you probably should), I agree that she felt it would be in Zero's best interest and since I wish some of my exes had done that for me - can't hate her for it. The fact that she gets pissed off and slaps Kaname for acting like a turd shows that she is sticking to her reasons for erasing Zero's memories in the first place - she doesn't want him to be "dragged into [our] lives" and that near to her "isn't a place [he] should be" because he seems to get hurt or endangered somehow every time they are around one another (strengthened by the fact that Kaido and him come under attack on the final page).

While I think I understand Zero and Yuuki's objectives and motivations, Kaname, not so much. I'm drawn to him because I'm a sucker for bad boys, so can relate to the attraction/connection Yuuki feels for him, but as a reader I don't get what drives him as a character.

The easy answer is "He's done everything to protect Yuuki, and will keep protecting her in any way he thinks best," and that comes from how he loves her, but that explanation seems flimsy at times. I guess what puzzles me most is the lightning fast changes in his declared tactics - first we'll kill the council so she won't have to worry about nobles, then that isn't good enough so we'll kill the other purebloods, nope that's still not good enough so I'll throw myself into the furnace to become the 'parent'. What is the trigger that causes the change in tactics? If his ultimate goal was to become the parent in the first place, then why tell her that he loves her and they will be together for eternity if he's already planning on jumping into the fire?

Perhaps Hino Matsuri is trying to demonstrate what happens when people love someone but don't know how to love?

He obviously loved the ancestress (who's a lot like Yuuki - she wants to protect humans, and would rather sacrifice herself than the person she loves, except the ancestress wasn't 17 ), but couldn't save her from her own sense of duty/doing what was right, so when he gets a second chance at love with Yuuki, instead of loving he's too busy protecting (regardless of the cost to those around him).

While I am not a shipper, I'd recommend listening to the song "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles as I think it really neatly sums up the Yuuki x Kaname relationship.

Basically, I think all of these characters are beautifully flawed and I find the series very moving even if it aggravates or frustrates me.

If you've stuck with me this far, I thank and commend you :)
Feb 23, 2013 2:58 PM
Dec 2012
Narutowolf77 said:

My issue is that there are other ways Kaname could have tried to force Zero to remember that weren't nearly as torturous. And regardless of Kaname's actions I believe Zero would regain his memories anyway, not to mention I think Kaito handled it in a much more humane way.

I have to disagree that she'll ever 'get over Zero' as its been shown repeatedly that part of her will always belong to him. Her wanting to stay in the room away from Zero has more to do with awkwardness knowing what she's done to him and trying to avoid the feelings she knows still are within her for him, which even Kaname knows are there.

She was actually telling him to stop trying to bring Zero into their problems for Zero's sake not anything to do the relationship as she wanted to let Zero be freed from them. Unfortunately for her red string (wonder if anyone will get this ref xD) won't let that happen.

As for sending Zero to the mansion, I believe its simply that they're in a rush (since furnace is nearing completion) and that Zero is one of their best hunters (not to mention one of the only ones with an anti-vampire weapon in hand). Though I'd also toss in the whole red string too but I fully admit that this is a biased idea.

@HikaruIzumi
One thing that did happen in this chapter that was great imo was Shiki and Rima finally starting to move towards becoming official though I dunno if this counts as a 'big' thing to you though xD
ragingxFeb 23, 2013 3:02 PM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Feb 23, 2013 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Its wasn't good it wasn't bad, it was a pretty neutral chapter for me! I don't have a lot to say about it. I did like Yuuki telling Kaname that there was no going back now. Good! If he does die, No running back to Zero.. B**tch seems to think she can slam revolving doors! I swear if she does Though, I will tie Hino up under a bridge, thats what troll like right, Living under bridges? I'm so mean lol, But she wasted my time and money!
Feb 23, 2013 3:15 PM
Jan 2013
If my disrespect of Kaname couldn't get any worse, this chapter just dropped it further. What tormentuous bastard goes around trying to stir up more trouble for not only his slave aka Yuuki, but also for an unsuspecting Zero, who right now is in the process of remembering not only Yuuki but what she did to make him forget.

I really cannot for the live of me get over Kanames devilish persona. You can call him an anti villain all you want, but I never once remembered Lelouch (Code Geass) going to these mental extremes. Change the world he may well do, but at the cost of two peoples lives who apparently one he loves and the other he cannot hate.

And whoever said that Kaname is *attempting to save the Zeki ship*, there is a word for this ... conceitedness. Don't attempt to dress up Kanames antics as a way of *saving* anything. He slept with Yuuki and knows that Zero knows nothing about it or his past to Yuuki as vampire or human whilst also knowing himself that Yuuki has memories of both and that she has lingering feelings for him in one form or another, be it love or simply as childhood friends. His deceit and arrogance know no bounds ...
Feb 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Mar 2011
Just when you think you couldn't dislike Kaname even more...I swear if he's trying to bring Zero and Yuuki together I'll flip shit.

Narutowolf77 said:
Fully agree that Kaname's actions were him trying to save the Zeki ship.

WHY SAVE A SHIP THAT HAS FINALLY (AND GODDAMN THANKFULLY) BE SUNK?!?!?
Feb 23, 2013 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
This is so messed up now it really annoys me.
I really don't know what to think about the whole thing.

Seeing Zero in that state made me feel sick.
I did like seeing the other characters a lot though - I've missed them.
Feb 23, 2013 4:10 PM
Mar 2011

Yes there are probably other ways he could do it but in that case I think it's more appropriate to hate the method rather than the character, all the Zeki fans that say "Kaname should just die" after reading this chapter or just plain hate on his character is kind of well, silly, in my opinion since he is essentially on your side (even if his reasons for doing it are selfish). It would be like me, a YuMe fan, hating on Zero for saying that Kaname is the one Yuuki needs (from all those chapters back). I wouldn't really call Kaname's method torturous unless we put Yuuki, who clearly doesn't want Zero to remember, into the equation since Zero himself just considers Yuuki another pureblood he's not really all that bothered by it at all. And yes Zero probably will remember on his own but I think Kaname's impatient. He wants Zero to remember before he goes to throw his heart into the furnace so that he can entrust Yuuki to him and he's a probably a bit desperate now after he confirmed that Yuuki did indeed sabotage his Zeki plans.

Oh no don't get me wrong I wasn't implying that Yuuki will ever get over Zero I don't doubt that a part of her heart will always be attached to Zero even if she chooses Kaname. I was just responding to the HikaruIzumi since they said that Yuuki "Despite deciding to be with Kaname, she keeps showing signs of loving Zero without trying to hide them or any guilt." because it's not like Yuuki will just stop loving about Zero if she chooses Kaname or acting like she loves Zero, I just wanted to make clear that it will be hard for Yuuki at first "get over" was probably a bad choice of words "move on" would probably be more appropriate which doesn't necessarily imply she stops loving him completely but rather that she moves forward in life. I'd complare Yuuki and Zero to Amon and Raisa from the Seven Realms series as Raisa and Amon did love each other and never stopped loving each other even though they both chose someone else.

Yes part of her not wanting to see Zero may have been awkwardness but like my get over thing that was just in reply to HikaruIzumi I was just trying to make my point that Yuuki is trying to stick will her choice of Kaname and not flip-flop between the two. I think her flip-flopping would have been more like 'ZOMG!! Zero's here! I want to see him!! *.*" maybe toned down a bit but that's basically the point I was trying to make.

I think half of her telling him to stop was for Zero's sake but the other half was for her and Kaname's relationship, she wants to solve the problems they have in their relationship (which includes Kaname's self-sacrifice complex and Yuuki's naive plan to make Kaname human) without getting anyone else involved.

"As for sending Zero to the mansion, I believe its simply that they're in a rush (since furnace is nearing completion) and that Zero is one of their best hunters (not to mention one of the only ones with an anti-vampire weapon in hand)."

Well that makes a lot more sense than my explanation XD

@yunaleia

Itachi went to mental extremes the same as Kaname, he manipulated his brother into hating him which basically turned Sasuke into a cold, heartless, evil, bastard and he didn't seem to care that it made Sasuke suffer and in making Sasuke suffer Naruto and Sakura also suffered not to mention countless other characters. But in the end we all still love Itachi because we know he only did all that for the sake of his little brother whom he had the best interests at heart for. Kaname has Yuuki's (and the humans as seen in this chapter) interests at heart even if the way he goes about doing it seems devilish. That's what makes him an anti-hero (which is the proper term by the way, not anti-villain)

And yes Kaname is attempting to "save" the Zeki ship, there's not other way to put it. He wants Zeki to happen, regardless of his own personal reasons for wanting it, he is on the Zeki's side. Hate his methods not his character, hating his character when he's on your side just makes the whole Zeki part of the fandom (even those who aren't doing so) look silly to the rest of us.

This quote from tumblr says it better than I can:

Mico said:

Could someone please explain to me why the Zeki fans are pissed off at Kaname this time?

For gods sake, he’s on your side! He’s trying to make Zero gain his memories back because in the end he’s planning on throwing his heart into the furnace and would feel much happier if Yuuki was with Zero because she’d be safe with him and he knows they both have feelings for each other.

Dammit you guys, I ship Yume and even I can see this.

Yes Yuuki slapped Kaname but that’s because he was trying to use the scent of Yuuki’s blood to make Zero gain his memories back (and Yuuki doesn’t want this because she’s convinced she’s convinced she’s going to kill herself in one way or another as much as Kaname doesn’t want her to). Yes Kaname’s methods aren’t the best but he’s not doing it to be an arsehole, he’s doing it to help your ship so for once you guys need to chill your beans and stop moaning at everything Kaname does -_-

Feb 23, 2013 4:14 PM
Mar 2011
Edefrem said:

Because Kaname is bent on trying to throw his heart into the furnace and thinks he can make Yuuki happy about it by sticking her with Zero. XD

Kaname's a silly guy, he thinks like that sometimes. Then again most of the VK characters have suffered from poor judgement at some point or another XD
Feb 23, 2013 4:49 PM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
Edefrem said:

Because Kaname is bent on trying to throw his heart into the furnace and thinks he can make Yuuki happy about it by sticking her with Zero. XD

Kaname's a silly guy, he thinks like that sometimes. Then again most of the VK characters have suffered from poor judgement at some point or another XD

So what is his or indeed your explanation, for him sleeping with Yuuki if he is so hell bent on not having a relationship with her? ...
Feb 23, 2013 5:07 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:
Narutowolf77 said:
Edefrem said:

So what is his or indeed your explanation, for him sleeping with Yuuki if he is so hell bent on not having a relationship with her? ...

He was trying to show her that she loves Zero, that's why so many of the haters raged about it because they didn't feel it was the appropriate way to go about it. I even quote the lines before it happened:

"I should have entrusted you to Kiryuu sooner."

"If you don't know where your heart belongs I'll show you Yuuki."

Although other people have interpreted as the characters attempt to bring closure to their relationship as Kaname really believes he's going to throw his heart into that there furnace and die so this could be the last time he ever sees her and she him since Yuuki really believes she's going to use her life to make Kaname human. Goodbye sex you could call it. This interpretation can be supported by the title of the chapter: A Night to End a Thousand Nights.

A quote from tumblr that describes what I'm talking about (from a Zeki fan no less):

Fate said:

*facepalm* That’s definitely not it. I ship Zeki and even I don’t feel like Kaname was just doing it to get laid, he’s not that type of person. If anything, I feel it was for closure. Kaname plans on dieing, Yuuki plans on dieing, and Zero doesn’t even remember her cuz she doesn’t want him getting hurt anymore… so closure sex. People do it.
Feb 23, 2013 6:26 PM
Jan 2013
Support maybe, or it could be the night to end a thousand nights ... of wanting to have sex with Yuuki ... He has been shown to have a complete fascination for Yuuki, so to me this isn't beyond his scope.

This whole *self sacrifice* bs ... is a complete u-turn on how the outset was in the beginning. It was all about understanding and adjustment, now it's turned into take what you want anyway you can get it. It's a pathetic down hill slope that for me has been ruined with the constant plot 180s and having a broken heroine. Yuuki in her pre vampire mode was something I could get on with, the longer she has stayed a vampire, the worse she has become.

Blood+ got it right, Vampire Knight has done it wrong-wrong-wrong ...

I can see how from another perspective you could assume what you have, but I gave up being a fence sitter since chapter 89 ... Chapter 89 broke me ... I had hoped for something else ... this wasn't it ...
Feb 23, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
yunaleia said:
Support maybe, or it could be the night to end a thousand nights ... of wanting to have sex with Yuuki ... He has been shown to have a complete fascination for Yuuki, so to me this isn't beyond his scope.

This whole *self sacrifice* bs ... is a complete u-turn on how the outset was in the beginning. It was all about understanding and adjustment, now it's turned into take what you want anyway you can get it. It's a pathetic down hill slope that for me has been ruined with the constant plot 180s and having a broken heroine. Yuuki in her pre vampire mode was something I could get on with, the longer she has stayed a vampire, the worse she has become.

Blood+ got it right, Vampire Knight has done it wrong-wrong-wrong ...

I can see how from another perspective you could assume what you have, but I gave up being a fence sitter since chapter 89 ... Chapter 89 broke me ... I had hoped for something else ... this wasn't it ...

Oh I agree, but I will still read the chapters. If Hino thinks I'll be buying these in English Like I have always done to be fair, she is sadly mistaken! I don't like being trolled, and she should have make it clear instead of the back and forth BS trying to make money off of both ships! Play with fire, get burned!
viciousgirlFeb 23, 2013 6:53 PM
Feb 23, 2013 8:33 PM

Feb 2013
Okay. let's put aside the hate for a moment, don't u think Kaname acting weird towards Yuuki at the end of this chapter?
i think this is a possibility:

- Kaname want to erase Yuuki Memories about him in her heart (just like Yuuki did to Zero)
- Kaname want to unconscious Yuuki so he can get out from the mansion without Yuuki
- Kaname want to have a 2nd round with Yuuki (i like this 1 though) xD
Feb 23, 2013 9:00 PM
Jan 2013
After reading this chapter I am even more confident that Kaname is going to die in the end (T_T) . It's definitely going to be a Zeki ending .

Enough with all the Kaname hating , he is just trying to get Zero to regain his memories and for yuki to realize her feelings for Zero since he's going to sacrifice himself and doesn't want a lonely future for Yuki (and lets not forget that Kaname has some kind of inferiority complex).
Still love Kaname forever !!!! <3
Feb 23, 2013 10:03 PM
Mar 2011
Yozora_Hikari said:
Okay. let's put aside the hate for a moment, don't u think Kaname acting weird towards Yuuki at the end of this chapter?

- Kaname want to erase Yuuki Memories about him in her heart (just like Yuuki did to Zero)
- Kaname want to unconscious Yuuki so he can get out from the mansion without Yuuki

I vote for number 3 XD
JK my bets are on number 1 but number 2 is also likely.

Eridanus10 said:
After reading this chapter I am even more confident that Kaname is going to die in the end (T_T) . It's definitely going to be a Zeki ending .

Enough with all the Kaname hating , he is just trying to get Zero to regain his memories and for yuki to realize her feelings for Zero since he's going to sacrifice himself and doesn't want a lonely future for Yuki (and lets not forget that Kaname has some kind of inferiority complex).

Oh don't start saying stuff like that! >.< We need to keep strong, carry on, and pray until the end that Kana-chan will live and get his happy ending! Hino-sensei is known for her plot twists and surprises (like I'm sure none of us even saw the bedscene in chapter 89 coming XD)! I'm a believer! Did anyone else just picture Kaname suddenly breaking into a musical number with this song (which is strangely appropriate for him, the lyrics anyway) or was that just me O.o
Feb 23, 2013 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
Going by shoujo standards, if the heroine slept with one of the main guys, then that main guy is her destined love interest. Even if say, Kaname sacrificed himself and Yuuki ended up with Zero afterwards, it won't be much victory for the ZeKi ship. It will only mean that Zero is the second choice to Yuuki, and she ended up with him only because Kaname is out of the picture.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope Kaname will find happiness at the end of all of this.
removed-userFeb 23, 2013 10:21 PM
Feb 23, 2013 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Eridanus10 said:

I understand her plot twists, but that problem for me is she has done it to many times now! I think more then not, most Zeki fans are now Zero first fans, as I am! The ship has sailed, and we no longer want it back to our port! Oh how I hope he listens about the " getting fooled" talk and kills them all!! I think Zero becoming the "villian" is the only way to go.. and with all the crap this character has got, there is NO WAY I'd see him as a "villian"!! Yukki said there was no going back, and that better hold true...
Feb 24, 2013 1:17 AM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
Yozora_Hikari said:

I vote for number 3 XD
JK my bets are on number 1 but number 2 is also likely.

Eridanus10 said:

Oh don't start saying stuff like that! >.< We need to keep strong, carry on, and pray until the end that Kana-chan will live and get his happy ending! Hino-sensei is known for her plot twists and surprises (like I'm sure none of us even saw the bedscene in chapter 89 coming XD)! I'm a believer! Did anyone else just picture Kaname suddenly breaking into a musical number with this song (which is strangely appropriate for him, the lyrics anyway) or was that just me O.o

The story has come to a point of no turning back , any step back will ruin the whole manga . Personally i would like both Kaname and Yuki dead in the end( i am not a Kaname hater ) and Zero alive . I certainly don't want a happy ending as it's too late and complicated to make a light-hearted ending now.
I don't want it to end like every typical shoujo manga and want it to have a truly' bloody ending'

The situations in the storyline are too messy to clean up , so better leave it as it is with Kaname and Yuki dead .
It's better for Hino to go all the way and leave us with a memorable , blow our minds away kind of ending than a lousy one (i'd totally hate that).
Feb 24, 2013 1:33 AM
Jan 2013
Just wondering , isnt Aidou sempai disappointed with Kaname's decision to sacrifice himself since Aidou sempai "aidoulizes" kaname-sama xD
Feb 24, 2013 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
This should end in another nine or ten chapters, or maybe even less. Since the Ridou arc I haven't been having much interest in this, or maybe am unable to follow the arc as well since it comes out monthly, and tends to end up confused to what Kaname's real motives are.
Feb 24, 2013 5:39 AM
Feb 2013
i just got the feeling yuuki gonna be with zero...but I really hope its just my absurd feeling, kuran siblings should just die n leave zero alone!!!

yeah, just my hopeful wish but sadly i'm not the writer,

but still there's kaze moment that can satisfy my yaoi fangirl (not much but enough for my wild imagination),XDDD
Feb 24, 2013 6:19 AM
Jan 2013
Well there is another manga genre where the heroine can sleep with as many as she wants, its called smut ... unfortunately this isn't labled as such, though Yuuki could definately qualify as one ...

I still refuse to believe that any man who sleeps with a woman to make her realise shes in love with another man is just plain bs. It feels like a pseudo NTR scene where both men love the woman, she realises her love for one is greater than the other but ends up sleeping with the wrong man. It is a vile scene, and no amount of smoke and mirrors of concepts that rely on plucking individual bits of information to prove a theory are also just as eronious.

My prediction - Kaname ends up sacrificing himself with Yuuki watching, then Zero kicks her arse in as well so they can burn happily in hell together ... End.
Feb 24, 2013 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
yunaleia said:
Well there is another manga genre where the heroine can sleep with as many as she wants, its called smut ... unfortunately this isn't labled as such, though Yuuki could definately qualify as one ....

Don't also forget that this is a shoujo manga that's mainly aimed at teenage girls. In a shoujo manga, the concept of sex and a girl losing her virginity is treated more carefully, and the manga-ka tend to romanticize and glorify that moment.

In a shoujo manga, the heroine always starts out as an "otome" (virgin), and she may kiss/be kissed by any number of guys throughout the series, but in the end, her virginity is only meant for the man that she loves. That's the genre's standard, and breaking it will only send the wrong message to the age group that the manga is aimed at.
removed-userFeb 24, 2013 7:01 AM
Feb 24, 2013 9:49 AM
Jan 2013
Raven_Shinobi said:

And that is my main problem with this manga as it is now. The stage has been firmly set for Yuuki to be with Kaname and at least for me, the manga is now ruined because of it.

Using your points, true as they are; not arguing, why o' why does it seem that a small fraction of people, naming no names, think that Kaname is playing his usual mind games on Yuuki to get her back with Zero if the shoujo manga genre is as you described? Again your point on it "breaking the standard" makes this claim even more astoundingly silly ...

For the record, I am not a Zeki shipper or indeed a Yume shipper, the problem I have is how these two came together (no pun intended) when for so many chapters it felt that she was leaning towards Zero whilst accepting that as the last pure blood she had an obligation to deal with Kaname, not bed him ...
Feb 24, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
yunaleia said:
For the record, I am not a Zeki shipper or indeed a Yume shipper, the problem I have is how these two came together (no pun intended) when for so many chapters it felt that she was leaning towards Zero whilst accepting that as the last pure blood she had an obligation to deal with Kaname, not bed him ...

I on the other hand always saw this manga as pro Kaname/Yuuki XD It started with Yuuki having a crush on Kaname, Yuuki choosing Kaname over Zero in the middle, and the build-up and climax with them in the previous chapter was a natural development of their relationship to me. Yeah, there had been instances throughout the series where Yuuki was drawn to Zero, but in the end she always returned to Kaname.

As far as I know, in Japan, the Vampire Knight fandom is different from that in the west. Kaname is more popular over there than Zero, that's maybe why Hino has always stuck with Kaname/Yuuki until now, and the Japanese readers by this chapter might not mind the Kaname/Yuuki development.
removed-userFeb 24, 2013 10:31 AM
Feb 24, 2013 10:46 AM

Mar 2011
Raven_Shinobi said:

As far as I know, in Japan, the Vampire Knight fandom is different from that in the west. Kaname is more popular over there than Zero, that's maybe why Hino has always stuck with Kaname/Yuuki until now, and the Japanese readers by this chapter might not mind the Kaname/Yuuki development.

But in an interview, Hino said she had already planned the whole story out from the beginning (the troll...!), so I don't think her reader's feelings impacted/changed it too much. She knew what she was doing the whole time.
Feb 24, 2013 10:53 AM
Jan 2013
That would make sense if not for Yuukis constant desperation of trying to keep both parties happy ...

Yume does (unfortunately) seem to have sailed, diddums, but that still leaves you with Zero. He will eventually remember, he is going to remember that he does love this vampire, be it imouto or *greater than friends but not quite lovers* and at that point Hino will have a problem in concluding Zeros character. If she does simply let it slide and Zero becomes ... complacent? ... with the current status quo, I'll drop the manga completely, that is just me and how I think of it. The other side of this is that Zero could for all intents and purposes go harder on Yuuki to either remind her that she is still part human, just as he is and that going with Kaname is a form of rejection of her otherself.

This isn't like the development in Rosario+Vampire where the MC has a split personality, Yuuki is still Yuuki but with a human history. How she can reject that, which for all intents and purposes rejects Zero (this could still happen, b*tch) then Yuuki, to me, will become the worst shoujo heroine I have known (my opinion, simple as that).
Feb 24, 2013 3:16 PM
Mar 2011
I on the other hand always saw this manga as pro Kaname/Yuuki XD It started with Yuuki having a crush on Kaname, Yuuki choosing Kaname over Zero in the middle, and the build-up and climax with them in the previous chapter was a natural development of their relationship to me. Yeah, there had been instances throughout the series where Yuuki was drawn to Zero, but in the end she always returned to Kaname.

I agree for me the manga has always seemed pro Kaname/Yume but I'm probably biased on that as a YuMe fan XD From a non-biased standpoint I think Hino-sensei left it pretty much up in the air until a few chapters ago using a well laid out balancing act between the two pairs:

The first part of the first half of the manga was strongly Zeki with a few smatterings of KanaYuu scenes thrown in while the second part of first half it leaned more towards Yume with a few Zeki scenes thrown in.

In the second half of the manga it began with Yuuki living with Kaname and she realized that a part of her heart belongs to Zero whilst she was separated from him, and there were again a few Zeki scenes while it mostly focused on her relationship with Kaname. And then it transitioned into Kaname being the one she was separated from (and she kind of angsted over it XD) and there were a few Yume scenes while it focused on her relationship with Zero.

I feel like Hino's way of telling the story left the readers just as torn about who she should be with as Yuuki was herself which really immersed us in the story. Also I still hold to the belief that the second half of the manga where she was separated from Zero and then from Kaname was an elaborate plot device on Hino's part in order for Yuuki to realize her true feelings for both.

Edefrem said:

But in an interview, Hino said she had already planned the whole story out from the beginning (the troll...!), so I don't think her reader's feelings impacted/changed it too much. She knew what she was doing the whole time.

That's one of things I like about Hino-sensei, she knows what she wants and goes for it, not caring about her readers feelings. It's admirable to me because I know that there are some authors that are swayed by their fans and I think an author should tell their story the way THEY want to tell it because it's their story and by writing it down to publish they are giving their fans the privilege of reading and enjoying it.
Feb 24, 2013 3:49 PM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
That's one of things I like about Hino-sensei, she knows what she wants and goes for it, not caring about her readers feelings. It's admirable to me because I know that there are some authors that are swayed by their fans and I think an author should tell their story the way THEY want to tell it because it's their story and by writing it down to publish they are giving their fans the privilege of reading and enjoying it.

Their fewer fans ... thought I'd flesh out that comment since not ALL fans are swayed by this *not caring about her readers feelings*. Not saying you're wrong, but that was a very stereotypical comment to make when you should know full well that her actions have displeased just as many.
Feb 24, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:
Narutowolf77 said:

Their fewer fans ... thought I'd flesh out that comment since not ALL fans are swayed by this *not caring about her readers feelings*. Not saying you're wrong, but that was a very stereotypical comment to make when you should know full well that her actions have displeased just as many.

So? Your point? There was nothing stereotypical about my comment in the slightest as it was about MY feelings on the subject regardless any author, ANY author, that publishes something is giving their fans the privilege of reading and enjoying it regardless of whether they are swayed by those fans or not or whether those fans are pleased or displeased with it or not because that author does not necessarily NEED to share that story with the world, it is their choice. This is a truth, an undeniable fact that most people (such as yourself it seems) don't seem to realize. I myself am a writer and someone who enjoys drawing manga and making up stories so I understand this as an undeniable fact. I don't need to publish any of my works or share them with the world, when I do it is me giving anyone that reads them the privilege of reading them.

Which is why I admire that Hino-sensei doesn't care about what her fans want her to do with the story and tells it the way she wants to even if it displeases them (and I never insinuated that some of her fans weren't displeased by it (though I don't think she cares about that part of the fanbase as her target audience is in Japan where the manga is written and published and the majority there prefer Kaname over Zero but that's off-topic)). I like authors that do that and I feel that authors that are swayed by their fans are flakes and failed authors because they aren't telling their story, which their fans are given the privilege of reading the way they want to. I think the only time where it would be acceptable for the fans to sway the author one way or another would be in a shounen where the romance is not a big part of the story but the author still wants to pair the mc with one of the girls and just doesn't know which one. When an author has no idea what pair to go with but wants to integrate romance into an otherwise romanceless story than yes I feel that they can act on what the fans want them to act on. But this is just my opinion on it just as my first comment was just my opinion except the last part in my first comment where I said "by writing it down to publish they are giving their fans the privilege of reading and enjoying it." because that is not opinion that is fact.
Feb 24, 2013 5:26 PM
Jan 2013
And my point is not an opinion either, given that there are just as many people on here posting about their dissatisfaction of the way the manga has played out. That is also fact.

Though I understand your sentiments as a basis, using your opinion as a writer, to me at least, has no bearing or weight on the arguement.

Yes Hino has targeted her audience in Japan if that is how the populus like to see things, but as a writer, is *potentially* (using this word losely, dont hold me to it) losing a large portion of your reader base (we're not talking numbers or figures, just a generic) by playing out a story line so ... disjointed ... really something to be proud of? Your analysis of the before/after effect of Yuukis relationship with Zero and Kaname, if this was indeed Hino's plan all along, would it not have been at least an idea to slowly either remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely?

"Privilege of reading them" ... when your works become as big as Seo, Hino, Kei et al, I'll bare that in mind ... until then, more conceitedness ...
Feb 24, 2013 6:08 PM
Mar 2011
yunaleia said:
And my point is not an opinion either, given that there are just as many people on here posting about their dissatisfaction of the way the manga has played out. That is also fact.

Though I understand your sentiments as a basis, using your opinion as a writer, to me at least, has no bearing or weight on the arguement.

Yes Hino has targeted her audience in Japan if that is how the populus like to see things, but as a writer, is *potentially* (using this word losely, dont hold me to it) losing a large portion of your reader base (we're not talking numbers or figures, just a generic) by playing out a story line so ... disjointed ... really something to be proud of? Your analysis of the before/after effect of Yuukis relationship with Zero and Kaname, if this was indeed Hino's plan all along, would it not have been at least an idea to slowly either remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely?

"Privilege of reading them" ... when your works become as big as Seo, Hino, Kei et al, I'll bare that in mind ... until then, more conceitedness ...

*Facepalm* Again you miss my point and again you display complete disrespect for every and any author that has ever published something. Allow me to caps lock it so I can get my point acros:

READING A NOVEL, MANGA, SHORT STORY, ANY WORK OF LITERARY FICTION, IS A PRIVILEGE GIVEN BY AN AUTHOR TO THEIR FANS.

Take for example (as much as I hate to use this) Stephanie Meiers author of (Bleh!! >.<) Twilight. She had at one point a story that would have taken place from the point of view of Edward that was never published because someone betrayed her trust and posted part of it online. By not publishing that story Stephanie Meiers took away the privilege that her fans had of ever reading the completed version. A privilege is something that can be taken away. Like I said an author doesn't have to publish something but they do, they give their readers that privilege. And yes my opinion as a writer has bearing and weight on the argument as it provides credibility (clearly you have never taken a speech class if you feel that is unimportant). And popularity has nothing to do with it, I have had experience with fan bases when it comes to putting my comics on my deviantart and publishing fanfics on fanfiction.net so I know what I'm talk about (more credibility woohoo!) it's not conceitedness.

I don't see Hino's story line as necessarily disjointed, it's just not your typical connect the dots with every chapter type of storyline. Rather Hino's storyline is more like putting together a puzzle if you just try to connect it chapter by chapter it doesn't work just like pulling each individual piece out of a puzzle box without looking and trying to connect them won't work (unless you're really lucky, and in that case why are you wasting your time putting together a puzzle!? Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket XD) rather you have to read Hino-sensei's work as a collective whole and connect the puzzle pieces where they fit rather than taking it chapter by chapter. Someone on another VK forum also brought up the analogy of each chapter being a lone tree in a forest and the forest being the manga as a whole though I find the puzzle analogy to be more appropriate. If anything her plot is more complex and more brilliantly done than in other manga that use the linear approach for plot. I also doubt that the larger part of her reader base is the part that she lost with her presentation rather I think it was the minority.

"Your analysis of the before/after effect of Yuukis relationship with Zero and Kaname, if this was indeed Hino's plan all along, would it not have been at least an idea to slowly either remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely?"

I wasn't presenting it as a before/after effect I was presenting it as Hino balancing it, like balancing a scale, in order to draw out Yuuki's true feelings. It wouldn't have made sense to slowly remove Zero from the love triangle or remove him entirely prior to chapter 87 because Yuuki still wasn't sure about her own feelings (which I believe she is now but that's opening up an entirely new can of worms that I don't want to delve into right now as I have no ambition to go looking up chapter and page numbers simply to prove a point) now in the final arc would be the time to start tipping the scales.

"if that is how the populus like to see things", by the way I loled at this. How the populus like to see thing? It's the truth not just a way of looking at something. Should I say "Yes the target audience of the guy that published Captain America was the United States of America if that is how the populus like to see things"
Feb 25, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Edefrem said:
Just when you think you couldn't dislike Kaname even more...I swear if he's trying to bring Zero and Yuuki together I'll flip shit.

Narutowolf77 said:

Actually Kaname is gay for Zero since he chased after him the whole fucking chapter.
*Kaname grabs Zero´s arm*
*Kaname gazes at Zero in the hall*
*Kaname secretely watches Zero through the window*
*And then he calls him for tea*
*And then he bites Yuuki LOOKING at Zero*
Behind the scenes

Please dear Heaven´s remove Zero from that house. Kaito is the best bro ever, his words were just...the ultimate truth. I dont want Zero raising the Kuran´s child and then become a pedophile or a stepdad. I dont want him with Yuuki. Zero deserves better and since Zero is my only reason why I keep reading this crap, I wish him the biggest happiness. IMO being alone is better than staying with Yuuki.

I swear if this ends in ZEKI Ill rate this with 1. A lot of months ago long time before Kaname had the "wish" to die I made a prediction and it turned out right. I predicted Kaname would want to die for humanity´s sake. My second prediction was that Yuuki would choose Zero only because Kaname was going to die and that one didnt turn out true...YET. Because honestly Im not seeing Yuuki opening her arms and returning to Zero with Kaname alive.
Even if Yuuki returned to Zero saying "I love you from the bottom of my heart" It is simply not credible anymore because of her attitudes during the whole manga. If she comes and says "I love you more than Kaname" I cannot even believe it. Its not believable you see?!!!

Kaname should stop forcing Zero to remember, its awkward coming from his love rival. Just leave Zero alone for god´s sake. For once in your life just FUCKING LEAVE HIM ALONE, stop thinking in Yuuki, think in Zero at least a little bit. Kaname´s aim is always the same: entrust Yuuki to Zero so the lady can live protected forever with a KNIGHT to protect her above all things. NO. If he wants someone to protect her he should do it himself and stop the nonsense of wanting to die for the sake of humanity. Its like Kaname and his chess: Kaname is the king and he "made" a knight for his queen.
Stop messing with Zero. Now it comes a battle with purebloods and someone is going to get hurt.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 25, 2013 5:08 PM
Jan 2013
Well according to the shoujo romance genre, she now *can't* get with Zero ... so ... I'm no longer sure what to expect in the end.

Super vindictive mode activated*

IF by some Suzuka style drama, after one session of *where are you poking*, Yuuki ends up pregnant ... I want Zero to wait until Yuuki sees Kaname burn, then shoot her in the back through the womb ... With a sealing bullet ... Now she can't breed nor have that destestable characters child either ...

SVM Deactivated ...

Kanames character as portrayed in my eyes, is a calculating, manipulative and and full of guile. He is no Leloch ... he is far darker and far more deceitful. I dislike his character with every passing chapter. This last chapter just goes to show how far he will push his mind games. To repeat, not only to his slave, but also to Zero ...
Feb 25, 2013 8:10 PM
Jan 2013
I didn't mind this chapter so much. I agree with other posters in that Kaname is totally trying to revive the Zeki ship. At the beginning of the chapter, she says that it's almost as if Kaname can't live unless he's using his life for someone else- so his deciding to become the new parent substance could be his way of trying to ensure Yuki has a good life (that's the way I look at it anyways).
And yes! Good to see Shiki, Rima and Aido once again!

I don't know why people are confused over why Zero and Kaito were sent to the Kuran mansion...I think it's quite clear that the Association wants to protect the person who said he'd become the new parent, and Zero/Kaito have been the best hunters at the association for many chapters now! But obvs it also has to do with Zero regaining his memories of Yuki back too :P

Chapter 88/89 was the big drama chapter. This one was really just about drawing out what happened after the climax of chapter 89. So I agree with the previous posters who said they were "neutral" on this chapter; I am too.

Personally, I'm not pissed at Yuki or tired of Kaname's drama or sad for Zero. I have definitely connected with all of these characters for sure, but this is the story Hino is telling. I don't think she would end this story with a mediocre ending. This is the same mangaka who told the first half of VK that everyone loves so much, after all.
Feb 26, 2013 12:17 AM
Mar 2011
margeaux202 said:
I didn't mind this chapter so much. I agree with other posters in that Kaname is totally trying to revive the Zeki ship. At the beginning of the chapter, she says that it's almost as if Kaname can't live unless he's using his life for someone else- so his deciding to become the new parent substance could be his way of trying to ensure Yuki has a good life (that's the way I look at it anyways).
And yes! Good to see Shiki, Rima and Aido once again!

I don't know why people are confused over why Zero and Kaito were sent to the Kuran mansion...I think it's quite clear that the Association wants to protect the person who said he'd become the new parent, and Zero/Kaito have been the best hunters at the association for many chapters now! But obvs it also has to do with Zero regaining his memories of Yuki back too :P

Chapter 88/89 was the big drama chapter. This one was really just about drawing out what happened after the climax of chapter 89. So I agree with the previous posters who said they were "neutral" on this chapter; I am too.

Personally, I'm not pissed at Yuki or tired of Kaname's drama or sad for Zero. I have definitely connected with all of these characters for sure, but this is the story Hino is telling. I don't think she would end this story with a mediocre ending. This is the same mangaka who told the first half of VK that everyone loves so much, after all.

Feb 26, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2007
Is Kaname doing that on purpose? To make Zero and Yuuki painful? It's nice to see Takuma-sempai back, though.

Enemy intrusions...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2013 8:22 AM
Feb 2013
Orulyon said:
Edefrem said:

Narutowolf77 said:

Actually Kaname is gay for Zero since he chased after him the whole fucking chapter.
*Kaname grabs Zero´s arm*
*Kaname gazes at Zero in the hall*
*Kaname secretely watches Zero through the window*
*And then he calls him for tea*
*And then he bites Yuuki LOOKING at Zero*
Behind the scenes

Please dear Heaven´s remove Zero from that house. Kaito is the best bro ever, his words were just...the ultimate truth. I dont want Zero raising the Kuran´s child and then become a pedophile or a stepdad. I dont want him with Yuuki. Zero deserves better and since Zero is my only reason why I keep reading this crap, I wish him the biggest happiness. IMO being alone is better than staying with Yuuki.

I swear if this ends in ZEKI Ill rate this with 1. A lot of months ago long time before Kaname had the "wish" to die I made a prediction and it turned out right. I predicted Kaname would want to die for humanity´s sake. My second prediction was that Yuuki would choose Zero only because Kaname was going to die and that one didnt turn out true...YET. Because honestly Im not seeing Yuuki opening her arms and returning to Zero with Kaname alive.
Even if Yuuki returned to Zero saying "I love you from the bottom of my heart" It is simply not credible anymore because of her attitudes during the whole manga. If she comes and says "I love you more than Kaname" I cannot even believe it. Its not believable you see?!!!

Kaname should stop forcing Zero to remember, its awkward coming from his love rival. Just leave Zero alone for god´s sake. For once in your life just FUCKING LEAVE HIM ALONE, stop thinking in Yuuki, think in Zero at least a little bit. Kaname´s aim is always the same: entrust Yuuki to Zero so the lady can live protected forever with a KNIGHT to protect her above all things. NO. If he wants someone to protect her he should do it himself and stop the nonsense of wanting to die for the sake of humanity. Its like Kaname and his chess: Kaname is the king and he "made" a knight for his queen.
Stop messing with Zero. Now it comes a battle with purebloods and someone is going to get hurt.

Feb 26, 2013 10:39 AM
Jan 2013
Feb 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
This some bullshit. Why the hell did she have to go and sleep with Kaname? -_- I am not liking the turn this manga is taking now. Here's to hoping a decent ending will happen when it's all said and done.
Feb 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
Such a crap chapter, once again. I'd hoped that there would be some recovery after the disastrous 89 but there's no saving this series now. I've noticed that the discussion traffic has been cut by more than half since 88. Nice job Hino.

I'll reiterate my views on how this will end soon:

- Kaname will die. Not by furnace
- Zero will remember
- Hino will try make Zeki happen. It won't be pretty
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.