Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 25, 2013 3:17 AM

Nov 2007
It's like recapping the memory of first ep. in different way, thinking how abnormal the dorm was. Because the memory was fun in Sakurasou, they are fighting back. Very nice recap.
tsubasaloverFeb 25, 2013 3:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 25, 2013 4:38 AM

Feb 2012
who wouldn't be disappointed or at least a little bit annoyed after waiting a whole week for a new ep and getting one huge flashback? yeah it wasn't terrible, but I was hoping for more story progression. Anyway, it was still nice remembering how fun Sakurasou was before Nanami moved in and ruined everything.
Feb 25, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 2012
moonbby said:
who wouldn't be disappointed or at least a little bit annoyed after waiting a whole week for a new ep and getting one huge flashback? yeah it wasn't terrible, but I was hoping for more story progression. Anyway, it was still nice remembering how fun Sakurasou was before Nanami moved in and ruined everything.

What did she ruin exactly?
Feb 25, 2013 5:05 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

why, do you think she's an irreplaceable character that brings a lot to the show? because I don't think so, she's obviously there for a reason, but I don't enjoy it. Although she moved in pretty early into the series, it was still funnier and more interesting than it is now, in my eyes it had more potential before they introduced her as the new member of Sakurasou. Personally, it's just a big frustrating mess at the moment, with Kanda the town idiot (although we're getting there...very very slowly) in the middle of it.
Feb 25, 2013 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

why, do you think she's an irreplaceable character that brings a lot to the show? because I don't think so, she's obviously there for a reason, but I don't enjoy it. Although she moved in pretty early into the series, it was still funnier and more interesting than it is now, in my eyes it had more potential before they introduced her as the new member of Sakurasou. Personally, it's just a big frustrating mess at the moment, with Kanda the town idiot (although we're getting there...very very slowly) in the middle of it.

You still didn't tell me what she ruined.The show in general could have been better i felt it started to get worse since ep 12 and above till i reached this episode where i simply don't like any of the characters or even hate some of them( mainly sorata).

The drama in the show is really not that good to be honest and feel forced most of the time. We are now at ep 19 and the main couple didn't get together so the anime showing them dating is out of the window.The best the fans gonna get is possibly a ( confession + kiss scene) and that's that.
Feb 25, 2013 6:55 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

You still didn't tell me what she ruined.The show in general could have been better i felt it started to get worse since ep 12 and above till i reached this episode where i simply don't like any of the characters or even hate some of them( mainly sorata).

The drama in the show is really not that good to be honest and feel forced most of the time. We are now at ep 19 and the main couple didn't get together so the anime showing them dating is out of the window.The best the fans gonna get is possibly a ( confession + kiss scene) and that's that.

She ruined all the good scenes we could have had with Shiina + Sorata, we had a FEW but not enough, she added that unnecessary drama I didn't think this show would have when I first started watching it. She cockblocked the entire show from being good basically and made it generic, like I already mentioned the interactions between Sorata x Nanami aren't funny, or interesting - like they are with Shiina. Nanami isn't funny, or interesting herself (her so called 'backstory' isn't original or intriguing in the least - she's your average plain Jane) all she's there for is to get in the way to make the show longer. Some people said the antics between Sorata and Shiina would eventually get boring, but there are plenty of shows based on one idea that keep it fresh and interesting, so if the show stayed literally just about Sorata helping Shiina cope with the real world and at the same time him trying to better himself it would have been much better... You mentioned forced drama and unlikable characters and I very much agree, after 19 weeks I can't help but think fuck get to it already.
erochanFeb 25, 2013 7:03 AM
Feb 25, 2013 7:18 AM

Dec 2012
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

She ruined all the good scenes we could have had with Shiina + Sorata, we had a FEW but not enough, she added that unnecessary drama I didn't think this show would have when I first started watching it. She cockblocked the entire show from being good basically and made it generic, like I already mentioned the interactions between Sorata x Nanami aren't funny, or interesting - like they are with Shiina. Nanami isn't funny, or interesting herself (her so called 'backstory' isn't original or intriguing in the least - she's your average plain Jane) all she's there for is to get in the way to make the show longer. Some people said the antics between Sorata and Shiina would eventually get boring, but there are plenty of shows based on one idea that keep it fresh and interesting, so if the show stayed literally just about Sorata helping Shiina cope with the real world and at the same time him trying to better himself it would have been much better... You mentioned forced drama and unlikable characters and I very much agree, after 19 weeks I can't help but think fuck get to it already.

Lol looks like you are blaming the show mediocrity on the character . Honestly she is not that much of a cock block if she didn't exist in the story there will be no difference in sorata and shinna relationship they will still be in this state .
Actually don't know if this true or not but i heard from the novel that she actually push them together.

She didn't interrupt any good moments of them unless you mean the ecchi scenes .
Feb 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

Lol looks like you are blaming the show mediocrity on the character . Honestly she is not that much of a cock block if she didn't exist in the story there will be no difference in sorata and shinna relationship they will still be in this state .
Actually don't know if this true or not but i heard from the novel that she actually push them together.

She didn't interrupt any good moments of them unless you mean the ecchi scenes .

Oh ya I get that they still wouldn't be together, but at least Nanami wouldn't be there to annoy me even more lol.
and of course I'll blame the show's mediocrity on the characters, everything else counts too but how can you enjoy a show if the characters are shit?
Feb 25, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
I disagree with your assessment of the characters. They didn't write themselves! The light novel wrote them and what they do. This is obvious to me but it seems some think they have a life of their own and write their own lines or something LOL

Here is a three minute short anime script version for you:

Sorata took care of cats at Sakura hall because he couldn't keep them in his regular dorm room. His cats are cute and funny. The dorm headmaster's artistic, autistic cousin came one day. He had to take care of her, kind of like one of his cats. She doesn't wear pantsu at first but eventually she comes to believe in pantsu. Mashiro makes great manga, Sorata is an awesome game designer. Sorata makes VN games out of her manga. They're popular so they make lots of money. They fall in love, get married, have cute kids and live happily ever after. ED

Personally I find Hajime Kamoshida's light novels more interesting and have no plans on quitting my day job to become a writer...
Feb 25, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
i simply don't like any of the characters or even hate some of them( mainly sorata).
Why?
Feb 25, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
I can't stand shinna, she's sooooo annoying
Mizu XOXO

Feb 25, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2009
mizu25 said:
I can't stand shinna, she's sooooo annoying

Then why are you watching? She is titular character.
Feb 25, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2007
O.o I think this is the begining of the end. 5 more episodes and this will be finishing.
Feb 25, 2013 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:
i simply don't like any of the characters or even hate some of them( mainly sorata).
Why?
No point in asking. I'm pretty sure you already know the answer.
Feb 25, 2013 2:06 PM
Jul 2012
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:
tsudecimo said:
moonbby said:

Oh ya I get that they still wouldn't be together, but at least Nanami wouldn't be there to annoy me even more lol.
and of course I'll blame the show's mediocrity on the characters, everything else counts too but how can you enjoy a show if the characters are shit?

this may drop this now because the episodes still didn't have the drama and Aomoya going home.
Feb 25, 2013 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
hpulley said:
I disagree with your assessment of the characters. They didn't write themselves! The light novel wrote them and what they do. This is obvious to me but it seems some think they have a life of their own and write their own lines or something LOL

Here is a three minute short anime script version for you:

Sorata took care of cats at Sakura hall because he couldn't keep them in his regular dorm room. His cats are cute and funny. The dorm headmaster's artistic, autistic cousin came one day. He had to take care of her, kind of like one of his cats. She doesn't wear pantsu at first but eventually she comes to believe in pantsu. Mashiro makes great manga, Sorata is an awesome game designer. Sorata makes VN games out of her manga. They're popular so they make lots of money. They fall in love, get married, have cute kids and live happily ever after. ED

Personally I find Hajime Kamoshida's light novels more interesting and have no plans on quitting my day job to become a writer...

Well I never argued I could write a better script or a light novel, all I was saying was that maybe for once a show would be more enjoyable without an annoying character constantly getting in the way, there are many other things that could stop Shiina and Kanda from getting together if Nanami wasnt involved at all, not everything in life revolves around love triangles right lol

and im pretty sure were all well aware of the fact that theres one particular person that decided what the characters will say and do, it doesn't mean we're not allowed to be annoyed or frustrated by it, its almost like you're saying characters from books/anime/ln/whatever can never be analysed because they don't actually exist
erochanFeb 25, 2013 4:22 PM
Feb 25, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
My point was simply that there wouldn't be much of a show without all the characters you're calling shit. Sorata could go off to war, Mashiro could be sold into prostitution... those plot devices would keep them apart too but wouldn't be as funny as a love triangle with Nanami...
Feb 25, 2013 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
moonbby said:

I was referring to nanmi when i said ''character''.

AnimeHAwk616 said:
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:
Why?

No it is not because his attitude in episode 13 i actually didn't think much of what he did there and was suprised a topic was made for that.

I take that back i don't exactly hate him but i really dislike him when ever he says something i find it annoying and cringe if i hate someone it would be Jin& misaki .

Best couple on the show dragon/rita.
Feb 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Red_Keys said:
tsudecimo said:
Why?

No it is not because his attitude in episode 13 i actually didn't think much of what he did there and was suprised a topic was made for that.

I take that back i don't exactly hate him but i really dislike him when ever he says something i find it annoying and cringe if i hate someone it would be Jin& misaki .

Best couple on the show dragon/rita.
actually, I was also referring to his denseness, considering those are the two attributes that gain the most hate, but whatever.
Feb 25, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
I am a non-LN reader and I found the flashback okay, especially since its getting demolished and all, although it didn't really invoke much emotion in me to feel sad for them. Looks like Jin/Misaki relationship has finally reached some sort of resolution, which was my favourite conflict in the series. Just waiting for Sorata and Shiina to get together.

Starting to dislike Sorata more and more throughout the series, mainly due to his personality. If I'm a newcomer at any place I wouldn't behave like him, lol.
Feb 26, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Definitely my personal favorite of all the episodes so far!!!

This also made me realize... I liked Sakurasou better before Mashiro arrived. Everything in Sorata's life pretty much revolves around her now, and I think it's too narrow-minded a world to live in.

Again, LOVED THIS FLASHBACK <3
Feb 26, 2013 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
The flashback was very enjoyable, and closer to the atmosphere of the 1st half of the series (which I really missed).

Kanda has been getting on my nerves recently because of how he seems to get angry whenever someone tries to look at things from an objective standpoint, like when Ryuunosuke was weighing the pros and cons.

It's not like they HAVE to show sentimental value in something
Mar 1, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't realise they never showed how Sorata entered Sakurasou so this episode was an eye opener for me.

Hilarious entrance by Misaki! I always enjoy her energetic nature, I wish I got pounced on and then proceeded to play video games all night with her. Pure love, man.
Mar 3, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2009
Ehh, so this was almost entirely a flashback episode... not as impressive as some of the other episodes, since not much actually happened aside from referencing the resolve of the residents to resist the upcoming demolition. Seeing how Sorata first came into Sakurasou didn't really tell me anything new about him or the other residents.
Mar 4, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
Dako said:
I didn't realise they never showed how Sorata entered Sakurasou so this episode was an eye opener for me.

Hilarious entrance by Misaki! I always enjoy her energetic nature, I wish I got pounced on and then proceeded to play video games all night with her. Pure love, man.

Kind of sad that she is so in love with Jin who doesn't seem anything near good enough for Misaki but alas, love doesn't always make sense. She isn't blind to his ways either...
Mar 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2011
The comedy is this episode was pretty good, but this really felt like a filler.
This arc will probably be boring... Will there be any more good parts...?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 17, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2012
wasnt that bad.
Mar 27, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Hope the remaining few eps won't be too boring..
Apr 3, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
Hydnlife said:
a flash back episode so late in the show? kinda random

How is it random? Did you not watch the previous episode about Sakurasou being closed down? Its warranted really.
Apr 4, 2013 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
chanotek said:
The flashback was very enjoyable, and closer to the atmosphere of the 1st half of the series (which I really missed).

Kanda has been getting on my nerves recently because of how he seems to get angry whenever someone tries to look at things from an objective standpoint, like when Ryuunosuke was weighing the pros and cons.

It's not like they HAVE to show sentimental value in something

hes reaction was normal!!! awry1 wold get mad is something u like & has sentimental value to u & others & one say's why bother to save it, so its normal reaction
Apr 10, 2013 2:51 AM

Sep 2012
Nice flashback... I hope Sakurasou will not get demolished though...
Apr 18, 2013 2:43 PM
Apr 2013
Although I liked the episode, it did seem a bit pointless to spend a full episode to say 'They're gonna try to stop Sakurasou from being demolished'. Should've spent at MOST half an episode on that.
May 10, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2012
Sakurasou up for demolition, they're really not happy with this and going to try to prevent it! A decent episode the flashback of his first visit to Sakurasou was pretty nice and funny! Either way lets see what will happen to Sakurasou!
May 27, 2013 1:50 AM
Apr 2013
Really good episode. Loved the flashbacks . <3 Gave the scenes a lot of sad emotions haha.
Jun 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
It was nice to see Sorata's first time here. I imagined something like this :D

I hope they can stop them.
Jul 11, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2013
Flashbacks were alright I guess, but I would have preferred some progress with the story. I wonder how the anime will end..
Jul 19, 2013 1:48 AM
Feb 2013
Loved the backstory for how Sorata moved into Sakurasou. Good episode
Sep 1, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2009
Liked the flash back to some degree, was an okay episode.
Sep 8, 2013 2:21 AM

Aug 2013
Good flashback episode. Had quite a few good laughs xD
Oct 13, 2013 6:35 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The beauty of this episode remains unchanged throughout the narrative, only at the beginning I thought I'd revive a déjà vu boring and flat. I had to change my mind now! * _ *
Plot that moves very little almost nothing changes compared to the previous episode. Drawing with ups and downs, pleasant pastel colors, animations enough!
The best PG, are Misaki, Ryu and Teacher! XD
Jan 9, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
I felt this episode was unnecessary. We already knew that they all loved Sakura-sou, there wasn't a reason to have a flashback episode.

Sorata playing the straight man all the time wears so thin. Every other sentence out of his mouth is just commenting on what the other person just said.
Jan 19, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2008
This was a decent episode I liked it but I didnt love it which is sad bc I try really hard to always see the good in the episode.
Mar 5, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2013
I love that they showed us how Sorata was introduced to Sakurasou. It's exactly as I imagined xD

It really show again that Sakourasou is like a big familly of crazy people, but who love each other.

I like the fact that when Sorata arrived to Sakurasou, he wanted to leave it so much, and now, he want to save it at all cost. Really show how he changed during the anime.

Everyone is hyped to save Sakurasou, it's time to elaborate a plan! I can't believe that they will lose, they have to win for the future generation of mad genius.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 11, 2014 9:57 PM

Jun 2011
Flashback was good, majority of the episode consist of flashback, thus, episode was good. I have waited for episode like this for a very very very long time, since the 5th episode I think, without the drama BS.
Suzie said:
I liked this ep better than the regular ones, probably because there wasn't the over-the-top drama between Sorata, Shiina and Nanami. I can already smell the upcoming unnecessary drama though lol. I hope the end will be satisfying and somewhat give the series closure, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

+1.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 30, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
Adorable episode.I wonder why they want to destroy Sakurasou? :/
So funny watching Sorata remembering his moments in Sakurasou when there was only Misaki & Jin & Ryuunoske.They were so happy :D I mean all those little things that they had made them so happy.They really love Sakurasou,and they love living there even with all it problems.I hope it won't get destroyed.
I can't even express how i felt when i saw this episode,i was so happy & sad at the same time,because rememebering things from your past when you had fun times with your friends is always fun but sad at the same time,i really love this anime. :) They will fight for it,and they will surely win!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 30, 2014 9:27 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Flashback episode on how Sorata got into Sakurasou. It was ok, and I liked the whole Maid-chan replies lol

Aug 10, 2014 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
wow this show is terrible.....

wait wat

ANYWAYS, if Sakura Hall gets torn down I'll be depressed :/ I hope this show has a happy, satisfying ending.
Sep 22, 2014 4:53 PM
Jul 2014
This was a nice backstory episode. I ussally dislike flashback episodes but, I actually enjoyed this one.
Nov 28, 2014 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
Coming to Sakuraso and meeting the 4 stooges was classic.

Dec 6, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
Not bad episode, but not really great either. The whole flashback was nice but I don't think it really gave us anything we didn't know before.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.