Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2013 5:55 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Osamu have some courage but he is still a weakling, Yuuma on the other hand is the real deal, so Naver aren't necessarily huge monsters.
Anyway, new series, I'm intrigued but I'm not too fond of the character designs.
Feb 9, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2011
So... a mix between Gantz and Hungry Joker?

Any new action manga seems dull compared with Sensei no Bulge but let's see how it evolve.
Feb 10, 2013 3:30 PM
Feb 2013
Apart from the main character having no social skills and having white hair I personally don't see the resemblance to Hungry Joker. The only similarities that come to mind are just basic shonen tropes.

Now Gantz on the other hand... well, yeah, the premise is straight from there.
Feb 11, 2013 1:14 AM

Mar 2010
more like Shingeki no Kyojin than Gantz
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
Feb 13, 2013 4:12 AM

Feb 2009
Really liked it, very consistent first chapter.

Dull compared to Bulge? WTH, Bulge was one of the worst Jump manga last year...
Feb 14, 2013 9:25 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty interesting imo
I didn't expect that Osamu is a member of border and the other kid comes from the world where Naver comes from
But, I'm not sure about the art style. It tries to be comedic and action at the same time

Artie315 said:

I don't think Bulge was bad. It had a big potential but suddenly it was cancelled and it didn't have time to develop or to be more specific the development was too slow
Firixizu_MintFeb 15, 2013 3:44 AM
Feb 15, 2013 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
Artie315 said:

Bulge was by far the best battle shounen that has appeared in years, with developement it would have reached One Piece levels. But people seems to have something against typical battle shounen and anything that is not unconvential is killed asap. I have no doubt that if One Piece, Bleach, Naruto or Dragon Ball would appear in modern years they wouldn't last neither 20 chapters. People seems to confuse quality with originality, sadly.
Feb 18, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2011
the white haired protagonist reminds me so much of the puppet master from ao no exorcist, same expression °3°
the start isn't impressive, still not bad, it'll be up to how it'll get developed

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 20, 2013 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
AlexiLaiho09 said:
Artie315 said:

Bulge was by far the best battle shounen that has appeared in years, with developement it would have reached One Piece levels. But people seems to have something against typical battle shounen and anything that is not unconvential is killed asap. I have no doubt that if One Piece, Bleach, Naruto or Dragon Ball would appear in modern years they wouldn't last neither 20 chapters. People seems to confuse quality with originality, sadly.

lol, Bulge was stupidly cliché and conventional in ALL ways. Typical manga that gets axed very quickly 'cause of that.

Or I'm just being a hater because I LOVED LOVED LOVED Oumagadoki Zoo, which is from the same author as Bulge, and way more unconventional, and was hoping to see in Bulge the same brilliantism I saw in OumaZoo...
Feb 23, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
Artie315 said:
Or I'm just being a hater because I LOVED LOVED LOVED Oumagadoki Zoo, which is from the same author as Bulge, and way more unconventional, and was hoping to see in Bulge the same brilliantism I saw in OumaZoo...

You have basically resumed it. Oumagadoki Zoo, that was original, had to be good because it was original, but Bulge had to be bad because it was cliché, despise being a thousand times better the story of Bulge than Zoo. If Bulge would had appear twenty years ago we would be calling it a masterpiece and if One Piece would appear now it would be a cliché crap. That's how people mind works, if they love something and found something that is the same then hate the new one. I will never understand that.
Mar 6, 2013 4:19 AM

Feb 2009
AlexiLaiho09 said:
Artie315 said:

You have basically resumed it. Oumagadoki Zoo, that was original, had to be good because it was original, but Bulge had to be bad because it was cliché, despise being a thousand times better the story of Bulge than Zoo. If Bulge would had appear twenty years ago we would be calling it a masterpiece and if One Piece would appear now it would be a cliché crap. That's how people mind works, if they love something and found something that is the same then hate the new one. I will never understand that.

lol...not. Bulge was a manga of the same author, so I'm judging with basis on that. Horikoshi Kouhei is an author I admire, have even traded some words when he had a Twitter account. Bulge was bad because it was rushed, didn't have a cast of charisma-characters and etcetera, not only because it was cliché. =)
Apr 12, 2013 12:00 PM
Jan 2013
Not many manga I like off the first chapter alone, Yuuma by far the best part of this.
Apr 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Mar 2013
ColdAfro said:
Not many manga I like off the first chapter alone, Yuuma by far the best part of this.

You should try Psyren, it's a good manga
Jun 25, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
mmmm....
Inside the border would be something comparable to the New World in One Piece, or the Gourmet World in Toriko.
Aug 31, 2013 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting first chapter. I can see a lot of potential here. I was expecting the white-haired kid from Border, not the other guy. That was unexpected.

I'll keep reading this series and see where it goes.
Dec 21, 2013 2:52 AM
Oct 2012
Very funny and interesting chapter :)
Dec 25, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
The first chapter right off the bat has had a huge impact, I know for a fact I'm going to enjoy this c:
Mar 7, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
TRIGGER ON! Definitely an interesting series. I had my eyes on this manga fora while now and finally starting it. Seems to be something I think I'll enjoy.
Sep 20, 2014 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good world setting and strong first chapter for a shonen!
Jul 1, 2015 1:45 AM

May 2012
Meh.

5/10 for this chapter.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 28, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
This is interesting... Let's see where this goes.
Apr 25, 2023 1:34 AM
Sep 2019
This will be..wait for it... Legendary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.