Feb 22, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
Who's Komeiji?
Feb 22, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
Amberleh said:
Who's Komeiji?

Veronin.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 22, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
Amberleh said:
Who's Komeiji?

Veronin, Azusa's "official" husband.
Is ShiN on MAL as well?

As long as you don't touch Mugi or Ritsu I am fine with all of your suggestions, if they receive enough support.

And you should not start reading VK, Amberleh. It makes you really, REALLY angry.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 22, 2013 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
Mugi and Ritsu didn't do enough harm to merit hatred. They're not exceptional but are worth sparing. Even though Mugi was just money and eye brows.
Feb 22, 2013 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
BloodRequiem said:
I suggest Azusa just to piss off Komeiji.

I 100% percent support this.

Amberleh said:
Who's Komeiji?

Komeiji is the name that Veronin uses on 4chan.

Azusa is his "wife".
Feb 22, 2013 7:29 PM

Oct 2012
Azusa is already being executed on C&C. . .

Oh who am I kidding. Stone Azu-nyan to death!

<Fixed>
Ducat_RevelFeb 22, 2013 7:36 PM
Feb 22, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
Ok, I'll add Azusa now. You should still debate if you want Mio, Yui or both on our list as well, but let us not turn this into user bashing please.
The mods might be able to read.
Feb 22, 2013 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Ok, I'll add Azusa now. You should still debate if you want Mio, Yui or both on our list as well, but let us not turn this into user bashing please.
The mods might be able to read.

Aye aye, captain. Will watch my mouth. But seriously, guys, Mio needs to go here.
Feb 22, 2013 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
I don't remember one single thing about Mio Akiyama.

If we are going to add another K-on character, then Yui Hirasawa will suffer the ultimate fate.
Feb 22, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
I'm OK with either of the three K-ON characters being added to the list.
Also I agree with Ducat about Mio - those "shifts" pretty much ruined her character for me.
Feb 23, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
Azusa's crimes: Tried to make K-on about music, rather than tea and cakes.

As Azusa's attorney
I would've preferred Yui over Azusa, since Yui is literately the personification of moe. While she did try and make the series more about music, she did later embrace the cake side. She is not guilty of making K-on too serious, which is why her induction is unjust! She in fact raised the cuteness bar exponentially. Rather she should be the enlightenment list. So what we say..?

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore
Feb 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Oct 2012
SSC_Exin said:
Azusa's crimes: Tried to make K-on about music, rather than tea and cakes.

As Azusa's attorney
I would've preferred Yui over Azusa, since Yui is literately the personification of moe. While she did try and make the series more about music, she did later embrace the cake side. She is not guilty of making K-on too serious, which is why her induction is unjust! She in fact raised the cuteness bar exponentially. Rather she should be the enlightenment list. So what we say..?

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore

Your logic holds little water in my court, Exin. Azusa is the witch of moe for trying to beguile poor Mugi and Yui to give up their lives of tea sipping for some actual music and plot development! It is true the power of nyan did subdue her and had her conform to the truth and light of moe, but none of that matters now! We just speak in words and speculation! We need more definitive proof to solve this witch's case! So this is my proposition:

If she weighs as much as a duck, her execution stands.
Feb 23, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
Off with her head.

Off with ALL their heads.
Feb 23, 2013 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
dietmango said:
Off with her head.

Off with ALL their heads.

Charlotte, is that you?
Feb 23, 2013 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
Ducat_Revel said:

Your logic holds little water in my court, Exin. Azusa is the witch of moe for trying to beguile poor Mugi and Yui to give up their lives of tea sipping for some actual music and plot development! It is true the power of nyan did subdue her and had her conform to the truth and light of moe, but none of that matters now! We just speak in words and speculation! We need more definitive proof to solve this witch's case! So this is my proposition:

If she weighs as much as a duck, her execution stands.

It was obviously shown that she had an affinity for cakes and tea from the start, her actually advocating music was only a superficial quality. However it seems as though this is progressing nowhere.

Rather than your pedestrian suggestion of a denouement to this case. The way we shall do this is with mortal combat. We shall pick a representative, to fight to the death! We shall fight with honour and integrity.
Feb 23, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
@Exin

May I ask what your weapon of choice for the duel will be? Shall I prepare pistols or French foils?
Feb 23, 2013 5:21 PM

Apr 2012
French foils, always French foils. It's not a fight to the death without the foils.
Feb 24, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Sakurakouji Sakura from code:breaker because her she is too obsessed with people not dying even if they themselves are mass or serial murderers
Feb 24, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Kumagawareborn said:
Sakurakouji Sakura from code:breaker because her she is too obsessed with people not dying even if they themselves are mass or serial murderers

Sakura is a goddamn retard whose only purpose in the anime was to make sure the viewers memorize Ogami's name by shouting it every 30 seconds, but I'm not sure she's "worthy" of being added to the relations list. I mean, nobody likes her and she's sure to be forgotten soon enough.
Feb 24, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2009
Exactly, if everyone knows she is retarded she is not fit for the club relations.
It takes a tremendous amount of ignorance and idiocy to join the likes of Ouma Shu.
Feb 24, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
metamorphius said:
Kumagawareborn said:

Sakura is a goddamn retard whose only purpose in the anime was to make sure the viewers memorize Ogami's name by shouting it every 30 seconds, but I'm not sure she's "worthy" of being added to the relations list. I mean, nobody likes her and she's sure to be forgotten soon enough.
Ok I understand what u mean but that show and manga has tons of people who do deserve to be on this list like toki who is basically there for the main purpose of annoying Ogami and bragging all the time
Feb 24, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
I dislike most main characters from from Code:Breaker (the anime, I'm not reading the manga) since they seem more like fujoshi baits rather than legitimate characters. Still, I don't think they're awful and popular enough to be in the relations. But it's not that I would protest if any of them were to be added though.
Feb 24, 2013 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
metamorphius said:
I dislike most main characters from from Code:Breaker (the anime, I'm not reading the manga) since they seem more like fujoshi baits rather than legitimate characters. Still, I don't think they're awful and popular enough to be in the relations. But it's not that I would protest if any of them were to be added though.

This.

And Kumagawa: Please take a look at our enlightenment camps, your favourites are.. let's just say they're not optimal.
Feb 24, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2012
metamorphius said:
Kumagawareborn said:

My problem with her is that she's pretty much another Asuna. She's introduced as this extremely strong martial artist but ends up doing absolute nothing. I hate it when authors introduce an element just to never touch up upon it again. The not wanting people to die thing is pretty believable in my opinion. There are people like that and it's why we don't have the death penalty. It seemed annoying because it was poorly executed. Also, making a character a cruel, blood thirsting asshole does not necessarily make that character better; maybe to LOLZSASUKEDARKNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS emo's.
BloodRequiemFeb 24, 2013 7:39 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 27, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
Could we add Ibuki Fuko from Clannad? I personally think she is the worst character I have ever seen. http://myanimelist.net/character/4601/Fuko_Ibuki
Feb 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
Could we add Ibuki Fuko from Clannad? I personally think she is the worst character I have ever seen. http://myanimelist.net/character/4601/Fuko_Ibuki

2052 favorites for this character?! By Jove, that is ridiculous! I'd support putting her in but Mio from K-On has to be included first.
Feb 27, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
AlabastreAizo said:

Why,god,why?This anime and its female characters always cost me my monitor every time I see them.
Mar 3, 2013 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
Ducat_Revel said:
AlabastreAizo said:

2052 favorites for this character?! .

It's now 2055. They spent half a season on a starfish autist.
Mar 3, 2013 3:13 AM

Mar 2012
Neane1993 said:
Ducat_Revel said:
AlabastreAizo said:

2052 favorites for this character?! .

It's now 2055. They spent half a season on a starfish autist.

Mar 3, 2013 3:15 AM

Oct 2012
For the shits and giggles, let's throw in Kumagawa Misogi. Who better to reign over our list of loser characters than the king of losers himself. It can't be helped that a guy who never wins falls to our list. I know I'm just being a fanboy right now, but I wholeheartedly believe that Kumgawa Misogi should be considered as one of the worst characters of all time! All hail the Naked Apron Alliance! King of the Perverts!

Mar 13, 2013 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
So guys, I heard FF7 is overrated. How about we add some characters?

@Ducat:
No, we'll let him win for once :P
NidhoeggrMar 13, 2013 7:10 PM
Mar 13, 2013 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
@Nid, . . . I guess things just never work out his way. :(

As for FF7 characters, who better than Cloud? I support his inclusion 100%!
Mar 13, 2013 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Remind me why this sociopath isn't in our relations list

>10k favorites

if that is not enough to warrant such a hate-able character then I don't know what is.
Mar 13, 2013 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
Mar 13, 2013 8:46 PM

Aug 2009
I am 1000% with Cloud being on the list. She needs to be on that list.
Mar 13, 2013 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
Ducat_Revel said:
I'm against Haruhi being put on this list. I'll explain why later when I get back from class.

Fair enough, well whatever reason you back up with won't stop me from questioning the immense popularity of an unlikable character.
Mar 13, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
So guys, I heard FF7 is overrated. How about we add some characters?

@Ducat:
No, we'll let him win for once :P

Please add Cloud. He has no personality. Why do people like him so much??
Mar 13, 2013 11:38 PM

Oct 2012
Burningblade04 said:
Fair enough, well whatever reason you back up with won't stop me from questioning the immense popularity of an unlikable character.

Haruhi is not a bad character. She is just victim to a bad story. TMoHS had its strengths (namely the actual Melancholy arc, Kyon, and the Disappearance) but still dicks around and indulges too much in its ever increasing moe features (even more visible in the second season). While Haruhi does get more annoying and one-dimensional as the story goes on (especially in the endless eight arc) you must remember that's she's very conscious of her actions. She operates out of an existential crisis, questioning the meaning of living in such a mundane world, feeling like a dot among other dots. While not exemplary, it's still enough depth to push her character out of certain pitfalls. She's got redeeming qualities about her, but if your really passionate about this, you could always poll her.
Mar 14, 2013 4:39 AM

Apr 2009
I wouldn't protest if we add Haruhi, but I think she a bit better than the usual crap characters we add.

Anyway, added Cloud and the Starfish autist. Still debating about Sephiroth, he just screams fangirl-bait villian with the typical oh-so-cool vibe.
Mar 18, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
Saeko from HOTD she has over 2k fav.
Mar 19, 2013 10:55 PM

Oct 2012
I finished Endless Eight. I no longer have any qualms in adding Haruhi. Throw her in if you want. I have lost all hope. . .
Mar 19, 2013 11:10 PM

Sep 2008
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Saeko from HOTD she has over 2k fav.
This.
Mar 20, 2013 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
Ducat_Revel said:
I finished Endless Eight. I no longer have any qualms in adding Haruhi. Throw her in if you want. I have lost all hope. . .

But everyone knows Haruhi S2 is bad, so it's not overhyped and not worthy of our list.
Mar 20, 2013 6:57 AM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Ducat_Revel said:

But everyone knows Haruhi S2 is bad, so it's not overhyped and not worthy of our list.

But the nomination is for Haruhi, not S2. Haruhi had some strength and depth during the Melancholy arc but afterward lost steam since KyotoAni decided not to focus on her existential problems, her disdain for the mundane (pardon the rhyme). As much as I'd love to save her, she quickly lost all her depth after the Melancholy arc and her overall image just fails to match up to her 10k favorites.
Mar 20, 2013 7:02 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, I'll add it then. You might as well poll Haruhi as a whole if you feel like it.

Edit:
Another potential candidate appears.
NidhoeggrMar 20, 2013 7:11 AM
Mar 20, 2013 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
This club is just sad wow..
Mar 20, 2013 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
We can add Senjougahara as well if it pleases you, tsudecimo.

Anymore votes for/against Saeko from HOTD? If not, then I guess we'll have to add it.
NidhoeggrMar 20, 2013 7:26 AM
Mar 20, 2013 7:24 AM

Oct 2012
I honestly don't have the heart to persecute all of TMoHS. It has its moments. As well as one great character (Kyon). Someone else will have to take up the torch of polling TMoHS.

and

NO! SAVE SENJOUGAHARA!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.