Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 21, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
I marvel about this show and how they executed this episode for the newbies/first years without dragging and being too cliche.
Jan 21, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
Let's talk about how all the 1st year girls wanted to join only because of Taichi, which is not unusual in itself and rather expected, but what is unusual is that Taichi's (and not Chihaya's!) charm also got the only guy among them, Tsukuba, roped in.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 21, 2013 11:26 AM
Feb 2012
By the way, they haven't found five new members which means their club room will be taken from them.

First-years are really pain in the ass.
Jan 21, 2013 3:34 PM
Sep 2012
Tsukuba's tongue thing was odd, but funny. They certainly aren't dragging out Sumire's joining, which I like.
Jan 21, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2012
I like Sumire, quite charming, it will be intresting to see her pursuit Taichi seriously. If anythig to see how Chihaya feels about that.

Sumire infinitely >>>>> than Arata

FUCK ARATA. Damn bastard.
Jan 21, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2012
Hanano is now officially dedicated to karuta, how exciting.

I honestly wonder how long it's going to take Chihaya to start calling the other new first year 'Scuba' because... it's a perfect nickname for him.

My only other prevalent thoughts about this episode pertain to the fact I miss the original theme and ending songs quite a bit. Sigh. I'm sure I'll get used to these, but they don't fit nearly as well.
Jan 22, 2013 4:32 AM

Sep 2009
waaaaaa OP <3 I soo love it <3 its again by 99RadioService <3 waaaaaah ^_^

beautiful episode !!!! :) I soo love Karuta and ChihayaFuru is amazing anime who let me know about this amazing art )

I am soo happy my 2 most favourite animes continued at the same time :) GINTAMA & ChihayaFuru ~~~~

btw I dont like girls like Sumire T_T boring! but I hope she'll change with Karuta and others :)
and waaaaa I so WANT TAICHI and CHIHAYA together !!! >_<
cant wait new episode !!! ^^
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Jan 23, 2013 1:26 AM

Dec 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZbh9ydzo0
so the game is exaggerated in the anime , makes sense i guess.
Jan 24, 2013 7:04 AM

Jul 2011
tsudecimo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZbh9ydzo0
so the game is exaggerated in the anime , makes sense i guess.

Wow the makeup of the girls...
But there are more impressive matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oUSWwEB2T6U

These players are amazingly fast! :o

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 24, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
I HATE Sumire. She is so annoying!
Jan 25, 2013 3:34 AM
Jun 2009
I need to disagree with the Sumire hate, she's just a kid, I was never like her but I know worse ways to portray teenage girls. and maybe she'll push Taichi to confess to Chihaya finally D:< sheesh, this OTP is killing me.
Jan 25, 2013 2:56 PM
May 2010
Yea... feelings are really complicated... for once you feel for that person, and another time you begin to develop a heart for other things like Kurata. I do find it weird how Sumire changes her mind so quickly just right after talking Kanade. Isn't it a little bit too simplified? Even in real life, people don't just change that easily... it is just an anime afterall, can't expect more than that. Still, a good episode!
Jan 25, 2013 7:22 PM
Oct 2008
GarLogan78 said:

Haha this is just...no.

First of all, this is not "all about money". Chihayafuru has terrible sales on DVD/BD. The second season was a godsend and unexpected by many.

Also, it follows the manga...which is still ongoing with almost 20 volumes. Meaning unless they do an anime-original ending, there most likely will not be any sort of conclusion to the story after another 25 episodes.

Finally, we are only on episode 2 of the series. It is way too early for people to be freaking out about it being inferior to season one or to say there hasn't been any development. Give the show time to do something.

Okay, then if it's not only about money, then they should make great use of their imagination for the next episodes. As I previously said when I referred to K-ON!! and how the first episodes were unfunny, there's great chance that Chihayafuru 2 will be the same. I am keeping my hope. Don't get me wrong, please: I was really hoping for a second season of Chihayafuru as I am a great fan of it, since it made such a good impression to me when it was airing.
I was being impatient for these two episodes since I was hoping for them to be entirely something else, but I'm aware that only in my imagination things go amazing and I can actually see what I want, even though reality is exactly the opposite.
Wow, does it really follow the manga? I haven't read it yet, so there's no way for me to know that. I dare to say it is a bit of a disappointment the fact that the mangaka thought of such poorly designed characters, those two kids. Maybe they're there just so the rest of the characters develop in some ways, but they're mostly in the way. Maybe the mangaka couldn't think of anything creative and so she decided to introduce them to the story, just to make it seem interesting, even though those two wouldn't actually change the main purpose of the series.
However, I AM keeping my hope that this second season will improve. That being said, I'm going to watch the third episode, but I'm not sure of any feedback around here if I consider nothing has changed for the better.
thisisoverJan 25, 2013 7:25 PM
Jan 26, 2013 6:26 PM
Nov 2011
I don't care if Chihaya ever wins another match at this point. I love her passion to see her team grow.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 27, 2013 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
i am reeeeally begnning to like these new members and i'm really liking how the anime is flowing about so far.
i hope both of them contribute a lot to the show :-)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2013 3:06 AM

Oct 2012
Veretax said:
I don't care if Chihaya ever wins another match at this point. I love her passion to see her team grow.
Although I really like all the complicated character subtexts, one of the central plots that tie everything together still remains Arata and Taichi using Karuta to compete for Chihaya's attention (as well as Chihaya's rivalry with Shinobu), so I do want to see her winning matches. As I see it Chihayafuru will reach a solid ending when either Taichi or Arata successfully confesses to Chihaya, and/or Chihaya successfully establishes herself as the Queen (or at least comes close).
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 30, 2013 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
katsucats said:
As I see it Chihayafuru will reach a solid ending when either Taichi or Arata successfully confesses to Chihaya

lol keep dreaming .-.
Jan 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
katsucats said:
As I see it Chihayafuru will reach a solid ending when either Taichi or Arata successfully confesses to Chihaya
lol keep dreaming .-.
lol? I haven't read the manga, but isn't this one of the central premises that's been hinted at? I mean Taichi likes Chihaya, doesn't he?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 30, 2013 4:38 AM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
katsucats said:
tsudecimo said:
katsucats said:
lol keep dreaming .-.
lol? I haven't read the manga, but isn't this one of the central premises that's been hinted at? I mean Taichi likes Chihaya, doesn't he?

yea he likes chihaya but doesn't mean he is gonna confess , arata don't have romantic affection for chihya and chihya think of arata as a special person more than taichi but doesn't realize she loves him , either way it is made clear that the focus of the show is not romance but karuta which is a shame i would think romance would help the show.
the manga is ongoing and season 2 won't catch up to it and since there is no final pairing in the manga the same would go for the anime.
I see karuta as a manifestation of the romance. It's Taichi's way of challenging Arata on fair grounds instead of making a move on Chihaya directly.

If the manga is ongoing though then it is fair to assume there will be no conclusion, but I still think what I said before would be an ideal dramatic ending.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 17, 2013 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
amazing stuff :D

wow Taichi fighting the challenger Tsuboguchi from the Master match!!

soo bold :P

Kana-chan despite appreciating the help from Chihaya, needs to follow certain guidelines on how to clean!!

looks like there's only 1 member left!

Sumire to the rescue!!!

she must have felt good when Taichi touch her hand!!! ;)

Sumire loves her mascara :P

seriously what the hell is wrong with this guy O___O

Chihaya getting worried they're not concentrating well

seems we've got a glimpse on how they play!!

why the hell did you run straight as a bullet Chihaya .___.

Kana Chan with that heart to heart talk with Sumire :)

Sumire now determine to play and understand Karuta!!

can't wait for more episodes of them playing :)
Mar 22, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2012
Only the second episode and we're already seeing development with Sumire's character yes this show is very promising so far I think I might like it as much as the first season ;w;
Mar 22, 2013 2:01 PM

Nov 2010
Looking forward to seeing Arata. Sumire.... meh. Don't like those type of characters.
May 14, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
OMG Kanade said she only had 3 eyelashes on each eye. Which is true as it appears in the anime. I was always under the impression that anime characters have just as many eyelashes as humans, this isn't the case though. What you see is what you get. THIS IS A HUGE REVELATION PEOPLE.

Anyways, great episode.
May 25, 2013 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
ownosourus said:
Hate Sumire, she is so annoying and ruins the story. And that other new guy is creepy. Atleast the main guys are still the same. Also want to see Arata.

I heard of that Arata will be in this season but I was severely disappointed.. Sumire was so damn annoying that I couldn't enjoy the whole damn episode, same with Chihaya.. The new guy is in the least a bit interesting but there is no doubt that the face he did is creepy lol.. WHERE IS MAI ARATA?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 2013 6:33 AM
Apr 2011
Kana...admitted she's got only 3 eye lashes? Or is that the subs playing on me. :p
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Ugh Sumire -___-

Hoping for an attitude change asap.
Jun 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
The new boy has personality... hes freaking hilarious. LOL
Jul 2, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2012
This pace is really wonderful! The episode especially the ending was really great, the two new members and especially that guy has some weird traits, but well it makes it interesting non the less! Lets see what's next!
Aug 10, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
I'm liking Tsukuba now, last episode no one talk about him but i did. Honestly he is creepy, but i know that he will be strong as Chihaya.

I hate the Sumire girl, she only plays karuta for love but i also know that she will be strong with a technique, that also goes with Tsukuba.

I wanted to see Arata now with his marvelous voice accent. I wonder how strong he is now.

Another great episode with funny scenes. 5/5
MakuroAug 10, 2013 6:28 PM
Sep 8, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
Eh....boring episode....Sumire's character is nothing new...least at the end she learned not to be a whiny b*tch, other than that, nothing special so far....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 6, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2012
Loved how Sumire was humming last season's OP when in the bathroom!. You get points for that. ^_^
May 17, 2014 2:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Interesting episode, the focus is not fool is strengthened by the intervention of Tsukuba and its explanation of Karuta Hokkaido. Not bad, however, even when the narrative focuses on Sumire and its a bit difficult to insert into the club.
Despite having given so much space to Sumire, the episode was well managed in terms of narrative and plot, as mentioned before, does not lose the enamel.
It will be my feeling, but it seems as if the atmosphere is already so loaded.
Drawings and animations good, always so charismatic characters, not be comparable to the characters that run today in the current series.
I can not wait to see the next episode
May 18, 2014 1:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I can't feel but enjoy the new guy. Every time he slurped his tongue out it reminded me of Wade Barret, delicious, just delicious. He's creepy I'll give him that and I'd like to see him take on Retro-kun lol.

Sumire go away, you're awful and ruining the show.

May 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Dec 2013
That Tsukuba guy is fucking hilarious
Sep 16, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Just a random thing I picked up
At 12:10 it sounds like Hanano is humming the Season 1's OP.
Oct 17, 2014 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
Sumire is not that bad, really. That new guy is way worse with his creepy expression :o
Feb 6, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
That Sumire bitch is relly annoying. Develop her fast pls.
ok, there's still some hope for her
Mar 15, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Sumire is...irritating...And that other guy and his tongue?!?
Oct 19, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2012
Starting to dislike Chihaya tbh. Just seems pretty annoying this season >_>

Lieila said:
I marvel about this show and how they executed this episode for the newbies/first years without dragging and being too cliche.

Felt pretty cringe worthy to me.
Nov 8, 2015 12:07 AM

Sep 2013
I love the new SADISTIC BOY member hahaha.

Hopefully he won't be a laugh device... hope none of them will, actually.
Nov 8, 2015 10:22 AM
May 2015
Both the newbies are irritating.
Jan 31, 2016 1:14 AM

Mar 2014
Every second counts !! Memorize it as if your on the brink of it !!
At last , Senpai notice my etiquette ~ !! but .. still dumb as usual tehee ~ .
*Shock* Intensity !! Feelings of the cards . Clipping could be really helpful ~ .
Well , We have different things that we're crazy about . It's just moderation .
First years are really a pain ~ haha !! *Tongues out*
Man .. Chihaya really uplifts the mood in such dire situations ~ .
VERY GREAT Episode ~ !!! Sometimes , You'll need to follow the signs of koi ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
I am rooting for the new girl.... I hope she gets mshima in the end
Dec 27, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
I normally hate characters like the new girl, liking her thus far.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
Tsukuba is funny, I want to see if he actually gets good now.
Sumire was a bit annoying.
Apr 26, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
Well, both new members of the karuta club seem exceedingly eccentric, for entirely different reasons. So far so good.
Sep 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Nov 2016
So far I really like the development of Sumire and good that she started to have a serious interest in karuta.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2017 7:41 PM

Feb 2015
The non-dedicated new members of the club dropping like flies in the face of the committment haha. Nice to see Sumire stepping up to the plate with some real determination. Curious to see more about Tsukuba. And Chihaya always makes me laugh with all of her awkwardness - like her terrible cleaning. Minus the crying, I can relate to her so much haha.

Dec 11, 2017 6:30 AM

Aug 2017
So now Sumire has come into Karuta.Finally the club got 2 members! The show is going great so far. Looking forward to other episodes.
Jan 26, 2019 12:36 AM

May 2016
I like hard workers, so from now on I'll be rooting for Sumire to get Mashima.

I love Chihaya, but she's just too dumb to be a good match.
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.