Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 7, 2013 9:48 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad I picked this up (because A-1 animated it, I was in doubt if this was generic boob show or something decent but AFAIK A-1 doesn't produce boobs), plot is pretty interesting and comedy is good as well. I'm looking forward to more of this.
BrownSlush said:
Probably one of the few decent shows this season.

I couldn't agree any more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 7, 2013 10:35 AM
Sep 2012
Well worth the 24 minutes. Entertained and will watch for sure this season.
Jan 7, 2013 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
Unimpressed said:
What a downer. If the MC's two main love interests are already that obnoxious I can't imagine how painful it will be to sit through every episode once the other harem members get introduced.

hahahahah couldn't put it better myself
Jan 7, 2013 12:33 PM
Sep 2011
Sixth said:
About as generic a harem as you can get.

Agreed. The only think that is decent is the art and animation. And why is that? I will immediately explain. A boy who likes studying and does not have an interest for anything else, having a daily life with a childhood friend, a GIRL specifically. But what do I miss here... Mmmmm. I found it! A beautiful girl that likes to blackmail people with secrets which she find with a lot of luck, to be their boyfriends. (This is selling in every generic anime why not sell now?). So, I'll announce today's SteinsGate prophecy: There will be new girls that will be attracted to the main character because he is "different" than the other boys. Fall in love, and have controversies between them. Then, The silver haired beautiful girl will start to like and eventually fall in love with the main character. Then the childhood friend will realize that she loves him too, making the watchers to sympathize with the one or another girl for their different reasons, and then give a random ending based on the bigger fanbase to satisfy the thirsty watchers. That's from our Era's Big Oracle, SteinsGate.

2/5 for the episode, 4/10 for the series.
Jan 7, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2012
Lol well I think people's standards this season are going to need to be lowered a bit seeing as we have to clutch at straws to find any new shows which are decent.

That being said I will follow this, I quite like the MC and Masuzu, hopefully Chihuahua will be pretty cute in the episodes to come.
Jan 7, 2013 3:04 PM
Sep 2009
Sixth said:

No, Da Capo III is about as generic a harem as you can get. This (OreShura, that is) at least has some sort of legitimate substance to it~
Jan 7, 2013 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
BL2W said:
Sixth said:

No, Da Capo III is about as generic a harem as you can get. This (OreShura, that is) at least has some sort of legitimate substance to it~

Meh I dont like Da Capo III, Just like how I didn't like Da Capo II and Da Capo II S.S.,
I guess I just didnt really like the cast in Da Capo II.

Da Capo and Da Capo S.S. was good for me
Jan 7, 2013 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
Reminds me of B Ga H Kei b/c of OP and VA.

This show is a bust.
Jan 7, 2013 9:47 PM

Oct 2008
BrownSlush said:
Probably one of the few decent shows this season.

I have to admit, this show really did exceed expectations.
Masuzu was pretty awesome this episode and Chiwa does have a sort of infectious energy to her.
However, Yuji-everyday-bland male (I forget his name) is still there...

Mikenzb said:
BL2W said:
Sixth said:

Meh I dont like Da Capo III, Just like how I didn't like Da Capo II and Da Capo II S.S.,
I guess I just didnt really like the cast in Da Capo II.

Da Capo and Da Capo S.S. was good for me

Da Capo I and II (and their 2nd seasons) were average at best for me, but they really had a great soundtrack.
Because I sat through 4 seasons of Da Capo, I gave this one a try. But so far, I'm seeing bouncing breasts and that is never a good sign...
Jan 7, 2013 11:09 PM

May 2011
Watching for the cotton candy color pallet, pettanko childhood friend, and Tamura-san as a yandere. Overall, good start to the first new series I have seen this Winter 2013 season. I just hope this chuunibyou thing doesn't become a new trend.
Jan 7, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2012
Sixth said:

I disagree. Even something as recent as Nakaimo beats out this one in the generic harem category by a far stretch. Chiwa's character mold isn't anything out there, but Masuzu is so far making things interesting. And the main character isn't some shallow indecisive nobody either. For once we have someone who actually studies hard for that top class status and who is actually intellectually above romance.
Jan 8, 2013 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
And the "carnage" begins.

Things were actually better than I expected. Eita and Masuzu's seiyuu did well. It's a shame Chiwa Saito couldn't the one to voice Masuzu as in the OreShura web radio show, though. With the exception of Chiwa's voice which was different from what I wanted to hear. She didn't sound genki enough.

Anyway, despite the voice I'll be rooting for Chiwa, as usual when I was reading the manga adaptation of the novels.
Jan 8, 2013 1:59 AM
Feb 2011
The death note notebook wasn't really a parody. Eita was a Chuunibyou and he purposely made that notebook look like a 'Death Note'.

Masuzu's pose when she took out the notebook was a JoJo pose. Both Masuzu and Eita are JoJo fans (because the author is a hardcore JoJo fan).

There's a reason why the novels broke through the million copy mark in slightly over a year with 5 volumes. This is practically unheard of for love comedies except for perhaps Haganai. In my personal opinion, OreShura is a superior love comedy compared to others of the same genre (except for Sakurasou, which I think is very good though it doesn't sell as well comparatively).

Besides Shuraba, there is actually a hidden theme (starting in episode 2) that you have to consistently watch out for. It is from that theme that the entire Shuraba premise is built.

I would say give it 3 to 4 episodes (which equates to 1 volume). It's kind of unfair that novel readers have 1 entire volume before they need to make a judgment while anime watchers judge it merely with 1 episode.
Jan 8, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2011
Damn, this exceeded my expectations.

The childhood friend I actually found more cute than annoying, that silver haired girl's teasing was fun to watch and I really like Eita's character as a whole.

Best 'generic' show I have seen recently, could even become my favorite 'generic' show of all time if this keeps up.
tezann_t said:
Sixth said:

I disagree. Even something as recent as Nakaimo beats out this one in the generic harem category by a far stretch. Chiwa's character mold isn't anything out there, but Masuzu is so far making things interesting. And the main character isn't some shallow indecisive nobody either. For once we have someone who actually studies hard for that top class status and who is actually intellectually above romance.
Jan 8, 2013 8:35 AM
Feb 2012
I'm hooked.
At first I mistook it for yet another generic harem anime ('kay, it is a harem anime. but not generic. really) but the first episode already gave me a few good laughs. Let's see what awaits us on this journey.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 8, 2013 3:04 PM

Aug 2011
The fact that the relationship is fake makes for some interesting developments and has me interested in seeing more. Masuzu's pretty menacing, I feel sorry for Eita for being held at gunpoint due to his imaginative youth.
Jan 8, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
at first I was like WHAT...then oh..umm ok..then. DAFUQQQQQQ...I'll watch at least one more episode to see how it goes.
Jan 8, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
silver hair, cunning, blue eyes, okay! it's a go!
Jan 8, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2011
I found the ending of the episode kind of cliche to be honest, I felt that I already knew how the anime will end after 13 episodes. I mean seriously judging by all the other romance comedy based anime I've seen, I guess that there will be somewhat of a love triangle in future eps and at the very end we'll either have Eita end up w/ Chiwa or Masuzu and have his whole negative outlook on love change altogether.
Rayn3698Jan 8, 2013 6:18 PM
Jan 8, 2013 8:01 PM

Aug 2011
This is really the only show so far this season to not make me extremely pissed off after the first episode.

I'll give it one more, but I'm sure that's all it'll take.
Jan 8, 2013 9:33 PM
Oct 2012
I liked this opening a lot, I felt like introduced the characters pretty well. Seems like it should be pretty entertaining. And was that chuunibyou I saw at the beginning? :P
Jan 8, 2013 10:12 PM

May 2010
This actually was a good start to this anime. So I'm thinking these two main characters could be the OTP of the show, even if they're faking it. Looks to be an anime I'll be looking forward to this season.

Jan 8, 2013 10:24 PM

Dec 2011
Sixth said:

Pretty much this.
Jan 8, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2012
It was totally enjoyably up until the point where the MC decided to go from complete alpha to pussy beta.

Episode Naxcore: 3.14 out of 5
Jan 8, 2013 10:50 PM

Jan 2010
tsudecimo said:
a lot of people saying this kind of school romance has been used can someone give me similar romance animes with this atomosphere plz ^^ ?

It's set in a school and it has both male and female characters who may be interested in each other. When you become an l33t anime viewer, you too will be able to shamelessly and self-importantly make such pronouncements. It's the highlight of the season.

On a separate note, someone made a reference to the OP seeming like B Gata H Kei's. I'll add that it's more of a mix of that and the Galaxy Angel OP.
Jan 8, 2013 11:19 PM

Oct 2007
If this is generic then where are all the girls like Masuzu? Because I like want to watch those shows now. Already seen bakemonogatari, add on please!
Jan 8, 2013 11:27 PM

Jan 2013
I like the protagonist a lot. I do not like the childhood friend to much. It's not even that cute pettanko is overdone or anything... it's just that she doesn't seem interesting... at all. No goals, just an average like for a guy.
Jan 9, 2013 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
i don't know what to think yet. it seems like i'll get annoyed by these girls very soon. i'm not a fan of the art style either. the protagonist is the only thing that i like atm.
Jan 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Aug 2012
I enjoyed this episode.

At 1st I thought it would be exactly like Toradora!... but in someways it still is.
Didn't went as I had hope, but it seems it's going to be a fun series.
Chiwa's going to have to fight for the guy that she keep saying she love.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 9, 2013 7:39 AM

Oct 2012
Great first episode. I was not expecting much form this name, but the first episode hooked me. Hopefully, this will be as good as it seems to be.
Masuzu is already my favorite character. I was surprised when I found out she was voiced by Chiwa Sato, who is also Senjougahara's seiyuu. Their personalities are quite similar.
I can't wait to his how this will develop.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jan 9, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2010
That was..........amazing.I love the art,opening,ending songs,characters & story or in short this whole anime.....
Jan 9, 2013 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
The only anime of this season that I liked so far.

5/5
Jan 9, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2009
This was pretty "meh" to me. Nothing really grabbed me. The only things I actually liked about the episode was the art, the protagonist, and Masuzu near the end.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jan 9, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:

Da Capo I and II (and their 2nd seasons) were average at best for me, but they really had a great soundtrack.
Because I sat through 4 seasons of Da Capo, I gave this one a try. But so far, I'm seeing bouncing breasts and that is never a good sign...
It's been a while since i saw those four seasons but i have serious doubts of picking up Da Capo 3.
And your commends about the bouncing breasts just contributed to my doubts.
Jan 9, 2013 2:09 PM
Oct 2012
Well the art style reminds me of an anime (Sakarosou no pet). The first episode looks interesting, I geuss I will tag along with this series. I hope that this series will have a CLOSED END not a OPEN END xD.
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Jan 9, 2013 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
elChina said:
Well the art style reminds me of an anime (Sakarosou no pet). The first episode looks interesting, I geuss I will tag along with this series. I hope that this series will have a CLOSED END not a OPEN END xD.

Whaaaa I'm watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo too and I don't think they're anything alike...

This series won't reach its conclusion in 13 episodes. The light novel is still going last I checked and there is basically no way they stop at one season unless the sales tank...and that probably won't happen because this series appears to be immensely popular. Chances are there will be a second season and beyond. But just to be up front, I don't think this series will end harem style, not to disappoint those of you who're here for that.
Jan 10, 2013 12:07 AM

Oct 2011
My girlfriend and my childhood friend fights too much.
Really now. That's the title? Way to be blunt about it. >.>
Hello :D
Jan 10, 2013 8:11 PM

Feb 2012
My only complaint in this show is the brightness of the colors on the animation. Maybe it's part of the finalized design but it's really bright, I can't look at it very much. Dunno about others tho but i guess that's just me.
Jan 10, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2012
I liked this episode, but looking at the preview it seems that it's down hill from here on with this anime.
Jan 11, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun 2011
Seems ok so far, the next episode will tell me if this anime is worth keeping on my list or not
Jan 11, 2013 2:03 AM

Oct 2012
love this.... i like the main character habit... hate for love but keep studying for future... so good.

Jan 11, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
Aversa said:
Omniknight said:

It's been a while since i saw those four seasons but i have serious doubts of picking up Da Capo 3.
And your commends about the bouncing breasts just contributed to my doubts.

I don't know about you guys but I loved all the seasons XD
Jan 11, 2013 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
Misiakk said:
Random opening. Story seems rather dull. Next episode will decide for me if I'm gonna watch the whole of it or not.

I agree. Next ep will also decide for me whether I keep watching it or not.
Jan 12, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2012
Seems ok, but Chiwa is starting to annoy me

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jan 12, 2013 10:47 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad I read the manga in advance because while its as predictable as they come I always feel terrible watching this kind of anime. Now I know the events so maybe it won't be too bad. I like the mc anyway, as for the girls they were good in the manga but they might be a little annoying when you can hear their voices.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jan 13, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
The OP gave me cavities.

"Whanna you affer?!" Well, she blackmails you to act as her fake boyfriend is all. Poor Chiwa...

It's ok so far I guess. I'll give it a go.

Jan 14, 2013 1:21 AM

Oct 2011
Love this start. Hope they continue with it. Tons of lolworthy moments. Guys' definitely gay
Jan 14, 2013 8:02 AM

Dec 2011
Masuzu is as annoying as hell. If I drop this series it will probably be because of her.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 15, 2013 2:26 AM

Feb 2012
I liked the episode. Like many have said it was pretty average but nothing too bad.
Jan 16, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2009
One thing why is Fuyuumi in the OP already.. i thought she wasn't introduced until way later into the "story"

Also another thing.. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE OP?! it's so random, and doesn't actually fit the series in general, it's feels like it belongs to another anime, and they've just got the characters in there.

the episode was good, Masuzu isn't as cold as she is in the manga, so that's sorta different, the blackmail, then the proceeded dialogue was hilarious, as i was saying it just before it popped up, because i already knew how it went down.

Chiwa is cute as always.
I don't entirely like her VA when she's screaming and other high pitched squeals,
just casual talking though is cuuute x3
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

159 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 28, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.