Forum Settings
Forums
GE: Good Ending
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2014 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
Can't believed i marathon this all in 3 days...
Just picked up this manga only a couple of days ago and it's one of my first manga
And I was amazed with this manga and the ending.

Yes i actually felt feels in this manga, and what a coincidence that the feels was parallel to the feels i felt when I watched anime for the first time.

My manga journey begins...
Jun 27, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2009
Loved this manga, still love it. Few things I didn't like about it and I also felt some deep pain about Tooru's feelings (was his name?). But despite all that. The art is wonderful, beautiful, very amazing. Plot is twisted or straight-forward in some areas and the characters is what I really love.

But this chapter, in general, is really great. The time lapse was too quick, or rushed, but seeing the pages fold one after another with satisfactions made me somewhat happy.

I saw the author/artist (same person really) is working on two other mangas, one of them is not translated yet. Hope someone translates it!

Oh one last thing ... Yuki was so freaking hard to predict or understand. I liked how the author focused more on Seiji's thoughts and gave few hints here and there from Yuki's perspective.
Jul 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
So, honestly not trying to be perverted, but what about the sex?
I thought the author would have shown a simple romantic scene between them given how much of an issue it was early on. Though I found it weird the only one we got was between Shou and Seiji.

Anyway the series was enjoyable, the only gripe I had with it was how Yuki always had a sort of melancholic expression, even when she was smiling (understandable given her past). I felt like the only time her expression actually seemed truly alive was was the beach scene in Ch. 155.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
The ending was fine I guess. Some boring moments here and there, but It did live up to the title good ending so I'm a bit happy with that.
Recommend me an anime
Sep 3, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Good Beginning...Bad Ending.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 28, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Marzan said:
This manga went on too long with the same thing over and over again.

At least it had a "good ending". And damn does Yuki look hot as a young doctor

Valefor said:
Time skip, how unoriginal and boring.
Well this series would have been really good if just the mc didn't change his mind every 40 chapters and the final arc wasn't a total random mess. Still enjoyable I guess.

^ these two summed it up really ..

it was an ok read nonetheless ..
Dec 27, 2014 4:35 AM

Feb 2012
I think an optimistic ending is better than all the tragic endings that get shoved down our throats. Tragedy is neither meant to be nor completely evadable in reality, but why force one when the plot does not warrant one? I think the ending is completely fitting and even echoes the central theme of 'time will heal everything'. That said the manga has its fault.

Yet definitely one of the more thrilling, evocative and engrossing mangos I've read. One of the most relatable as well; not to mention its realistic aspects of one man being in only one relationship with a woman as opposed to the trashy harem shit ending that's so nauseatingly embraced in the industry (mainly as to appease the fanbase and not to upset the fans rooting for one 'route').

Anyway this manga has incited me to want to do things. In a good way. Like perhaps write a review for it. It's such a very substance filled manga with the right amount of classic shounen messages that the themes become classic, rewarding reflections of the reader's high school experiences (whether poor or good), something universal, rather than another clichéd drenched narrative that's so filled with distasteful gestures with roundabout, half-baked ways of presenting clearly laudable themes of youth and aspiring to being greater. And that's something truly rare.

The main duo's relationship... Don't get me started. The best relationship is when the pair can uplift each other and help one another to aspire in relationships, sports, family, past faults or otherwise.

Ok. I'm writing a review for this later.
Jan 3, 2015 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked this manga and read it in one sitting (that was 11 hours, wow). But let me rant for a bit, okay? After 130th chapter or so I got really mad at the manga. It just contradicted itself in some aspects like whether MC liked Yuki or not - the manga explicitly said that it wasn't love from MC's part but then later it says that it was. So here's what I think: I think the author prepared two endings: one where MC ends up with Senpai and one where he ends up with Yuki. The reason I'm saying this is because the ending felt inconsistent. And man, fuck the author, because he chose the fucking worse ending. Senpai best girl and fuck everyone who thinks otherwise. And also, fuck you author for making me relive White Album 2; I just hate cheating pieces of shits. Okay, rant over.

Note to myself: don't write on forums after 11 hours of binge reading at 3 AM because it will look like I'm crazy.
your waifu is shit
Mar 4, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Another person here who just marathoned the manga, and I was pretty happy with the "good ending" (actually probably the "best ending"). A ten year time-skip is pretty reasonable, as it showed us what happened to the main characters and their relationships (or at least the characters I cared about) while being engaged in their adult lives. The one thing that seemed a little forced was the sudden appearance of Yuki's father and the elopement as up until that moment he really hadn't played much of a part in the story (and what sorry excuse for a parent wouldn't be grateful and happy with the person who rescued their daughter from an abductor).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 20, 2015 5:56 PM
Apr 2015
It took me just only 2 days to finished reading this manga. I can't believe how time had passed while reading it. It truly was a enjoyable manga indeed.

Nevertheless, the ending is good. Most of the people will find that ending a bit of rush but I think that was okay for me.
One thing that I disappointed was how sex greatly become a factor during Yuki and Seiji' relationship in the middle of the story but not at the latter part. How I wish that the author give a glimpse on how they create their precious son, Hikaru. As for Shou, she truly deserves Kento this time. The idiot couple looks good as well as the model and casanova.

I only started reading manga recently but I think this type of atmosphere is all I want. Im looking forward to the author's current and future projects.
May 27, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
i love this ending, their dreams come true, they have a child, they live with happiness, for some reason i think i'd like to see how they got married, and have a child etc.. ( why do they skip 10 years of the story -_- ) everyone have their good ending, it's good for everyone right?? i'm jealous to seiji ahh back to real life (lol)
Jul 26, 2015 8:32 PM
Nov 2012
I knew from the start the story was already set for YukixSeiji. I hate heroine who can't be true for her own feelings. If she truly likes Seiji, she should have had returned his feeling before he got into relationship with Shou. Actually I was hoping Seiji could end up with her. She made mistake in the first chapter but she isn't deserved tobe treated by Seiji like that. In the end Yuki is in the wrong.
Aug 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2014
benevolentfather said:
Was expecting a sex scene considering how important that overall point was to the story...

Same here. There were Shou and Utsumi sex scenes so I was expecting a passionate sex after they eloped.

Well it was a good rread overall, the main characters were sometimes annoying but loved both of them.

I can't understand why Ichigo 100% has a higher rating than this. Overall, I think this is also better than KNIM since GE wasn't too dragged.

6.5/10
Aug 5, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2011
Ichigo 100% > GE > KNIM, live with it!
Aug 6, 2015 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
vansonbee said:
Ichigo 100% > GE > KNIM, live with it!

Ichigo is the best
Oct 2, 2015 9:17 AM

Mar 2013
So it ended... it was indeed a good ending :')

Seiji looks quite a handsome man. And isn't Yuki look quite lovely ^_^
Glad that they have a baby now. But I wish I get to see some their marriage pics in the last chapter ^_^

10 years time skip sound too much but what I really wanted to see was Seiji and Yuki overcoming the fear of trauma of sex Yuki had and the overall reason for their break-up. As the manga hit the century, it kind of became annoying seeing main characters acting like that. Just beating around the bush until the final moments.
And here I hoped for some passionate love talk, confessions to each other and stuff like that before entering final arc and ending of the manga.

Nice to see characters once again tho. Also does Riko have a baby now? XD

Overall, it was heartwarming, cringe-worthy, nerve wrecking, painful and was happy journey.
Got so many emotions piled up to say anything about it.
Felt so many occasions where manga was better off concluded but oh well, it was a joy ride in the end :')

8/10 for me.
Oct 22, 2015 4:40 PM
Jun 2010
Meh ending. Too predictable, but still enjoyed overall, despite being the typical romance with characters doing stupid things all the time.
And I hate that Kento ended up with Shou. Fu** that guy!
Dec 15, 2015 2:38 PM

Sep 2007
Well everything was really predictable about this ending.
My only concern is about Risa (my favorite) which had no impact on the events at all. Why bothers introduce her? At least she didn't turn yandere (would have been interesting however).
Jan 30, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2010
Terrible series. Investing that much into Shou just for his feelings to suddenly waver like that is ridiculously unreasonable. Something so genuine was quite literally translated into an 'extension' for the series instead. Not only that, but this was sparked from Seiji's 'pity' and 'jealousy' rather than legitimately loving Yuki once again. Sigh.
Apr 28, 2016 6:21 AM

Feb 2016
the ending made me feel satisfied with the story after marathon this ch in 2 days
Aug 11, 2016 3:47 PM
Dec 2015
Very happy ending! Yuki was so good looking! Looked really mature! Glad they got the job and ending they wanted! Had a child! Wish we saw a chapter of them actually getting past yukis fear of having sex!! But really good manga just wish it didn't have so much CONSTANT drama and we saw more happiness in a few chapters with yuki and seiji. But amazing manga loved it
Sep 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
The ending was just like the manga, pretty mediocre, overall it gets 6/10
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 12, 2016 5:09 AM

May 2009
The ending (last 10-15 chapters) doesn't really sit well with me for a couple of reasons

1.) Shou. I can't believe that she went back to the ultimate Douche. It doesn't matter that she seemed happy and is a babyfactory now, but this is just ridiculous in my eyes. She's just as broken as yuki.

2.) Everyone seems to be super happy and nothing changed in those 10 years. I can dig this for Yuki and Ucchi because they went through a lot, but not for Eri and Kouno. People change a lot after they turn 16 and especially in their early 20s when they get life experience. Eri and Kouno never looked like an everlasting couple in my eyes. The fact that they hardly changed makes this even more unbelievable.

3.) The Shou romance started to late or ended too quickly. Would've liked to have that a bit more fleshed out.

4.) The forced abduction and transfer felt unnecessary.

5.) No Sex scene between Yuki and Ucchi. This could've been a great ending if they ended it with that. Showing that she's overcome her trauma and shit. Would've felt more fulfilling imo.

Overall it was still a good read for me. I liked Ucchi's growth as a character. I hated Yuki because she reminds me of a friend who behaved the same (pushing lovers away to make them "happy" because she thinks she is bad for them or holds them back in some weird way). Would've liked a Ucchi x Shou ending, but it was obvious that this isn't going to happen.

7/10
Dec 29, 2016 3:50 AM

Sep 2015
Awesome time skip and seeing everyone happy :3
Jun 6, 2017 1:02 PM
Jan 2017
Lived up to its title, what a rollercoaster that was, although I wished the MC haven't flip flopped with his girl choices, he's overstepping too much on other people's business, I mean yeah you got fucking Yuki why butt in on your ex's biz so much that's why Shou always misinterprets everything he does.

Anyways even she returned to the asshole, I'm happy for Shou atleast she's with someone she truly loved from the start and can make her happy as well. And oh, wingman on the year goes to Izumi, the most mature character of all and my favorite. The dickhead is so cool and level headed in everything he does, like Armin from AoT.

Lastly I never thought those sex scene fantasies of Utsumi's the only ones we will ever witness regarding him and Yuki having sex. Lol. I mean come on, it showed he banged Shou and all its beauty but none for his wife like whut. Anyways, he's a solid MC, not dense, relatable and genuinely cares for everybody. An MC whose level headed and has a powerful guilt radar is ok in my book.

Also, ALSO, Yuki is smokin' as a Doctor. I really have a soft spot for characters with this tyoe of look eg Mikasa, Rukia, Touka etc

9.5/10 Just because the final banging was skipped af
Jul 12, 2017 1:52 AM

Feb 2012
Joh-chi said:
Still rooted for Shou...oh well. >->

I also rooted for shou before and after she dated her a-hole senpai. When she hurt seiji, I was like "karma will befall upon you." And when it did, I pitied her and shipped for seiji and her to be together til the end. Yuki was very indecisive for me but I also did root for her. Seiji too was indecisive, but I guess that "indecisiveness" was because of how strong their love is.

I didn't like the formerly fat kouhai though. Found her to be annoying. They made the 2 main heroines likeable.

I enjoyed this manga. Slept late 2 nights reading this. It really was a "Good Ending"
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 15, 2017 8:34 AM

Feb 2013
It would be much better if seiji didn't change his mind all the time ... I mean he could just pick yuki and live his life sometimes it feels like the reasons they leave each other are stupid : I want you to be happy , you won't be happy with me , I don't want to hurt shou etc ...

Nice story though .
Dec 11, 2017 8:46 AM

Mar 2015
That was very good though. I'm actually impressed with all the drama getting paid off and everyone getting a good ending. A nice way to wrap the story too without an abrupt time jump like many other rushed manga ending.

Feb 6, 2018 5:06 PM

Dec 2015
Well, i love this end. That is a good full manga. Nice character growth, really a Good Ending.
Mar 6, 2018 6:13 AM
Feb 2018
At first I didn't like this series a lot but as time passed and it ended the manga taught me to be patient while choosing a soul mate and to follow my heart and eventually everything will end up well... I hope so
Apr 5, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 2011
WTF with Shimuzu effeminate hair?
Apr 13, 2018 9:16 PM
Jan 2018
I finished it in just two days. It's better than watching paint dry.
I prefer shou and seiji a good ending.
In the end, he didn't treasure shou and chose Yuki because of her dramatic past. I like shou family.
Oct 9, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
Well considering the title of this manga, it's really ironic that I found the ending to be disappointing to say the least.

Not sure what happened but I felt that the author just rushed through the last few chapters just for the sake of giving the titular good ending to the characters. Overall, it was a really enjoyable read though the drama felt forced most of time.

And although I like Yuki more, I still think that Seiji ending up with Shou would have been the better ending.

Feb 3, 2019 8:55 AM
Feb 2019
How did it gets this bad?
Jun 19, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2018
I don't even like reading ecchi but where is the important scene between Yuki and Seiji?That was a major plot point for the manga and author is like "yeah, they did it sometime, I guess..."

And why we even get Tooru 10 years later but not for Ryou(Yuki's cousin)?My man got screwed big time.

You can clearly see how Sasuga Kei's art evolved drawing this manga.Last chapters look like Domestic na Kanojo.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Apr 12, 2020 10:48 AM
Feb 2020
Series lived up to the title. I was shocked that there was no filler in this series. Usually series this long throw random BS in, but this was a pleasant surprise. 10/10 enjoyment
Jun 27, 2020 12:28 AM

Oct 2012
just finished this in a day. the time skip was wow so out field

and there was no passion sex scene between Seji and Yuki compared to his ex and him.

came here from DNK. I gues Kei just doesnt know how to pace her endings. still a great manga. but the ending feels rushed. oh well.
Aug 21, 2020 8:35 AM
Mar 2008
I just finished the manga.

A very beautiful story, I loved following it from start to the good ending.

However I regret the absence of a sex scene between the 2 main characters to overcome the trauma
(it's weird to say that, but it was still the main concern for 6 volumes)
Nov 16, 2020 2:11 AM

Jan 2020
Seiji and Yuki's child looks quite adorable. He looks really identical to Seiji.

A decent finish, I would say. The time skip wasn't untimely, and it seems like everyone got a good ending, even Touru to some extent. All that elopement drama was very annoying, but still not a bad conclusion.
IrrelevantGuyJan 8, 2021 12:51 AM
Apr 8, 2021 7:12 PM
Aug 2020
The end was good, that was what I was waiting to see
May 26, 2021 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
Normal ending. The manga had some good moments, but average story overall. A bit more enjoyable than Domestic na Kanojo though. Onuma post-time skip was really beautiful
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 86 Discussion

Explicitz - Jun 22, 2011

30 by Yanssen10 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:25 AM

» Most horrible mc?

Raizer007 - Jul 24, 2023

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Jul 24, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 146 Discussion

Sasake - Oct 19, 2012

27 by Raizer007 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:31 PM

» one shot

Revolutionary10 - Apr 22, 2019

3 by spectre699 »»
Jan 5, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 100 Discussion

Explicitz - Oct 14, 2011

21 by For-MAL »»
Feb 17, 2022 7:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.