Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 23, 2015 8:53 PM

Feb 2015
really loved this series! 8/10. too bad no sniffings of a S2...
Dec 28, 2015 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
I thought it was a good show. The final arc was definitely a mess though.

They did a good job with Hitomi's flashback. It made me like him. The problems start when he starts bombing random places and killing innocent people. Why would you even bother giving him a backstory if you're going to go that route? If that's what they wanted to do I'd rather have Hitomi be some generic villain that wants to kill everyone with no backstory.

7/10
garydaiDec 28, 2015 1:11 AM
Feb 6, 2016 9:29 PM
Feb 2016
I see a lot of people saying it was just okay or even aweful.
I really liked Code:Break. Though I will confess, I haven't read the manga, but I do not have access to a bunch of manga nor the money to go buy a bunch of manga. That's probably the reason I actually liked it so much.
I do wish Sakura and Ogami would have had more of a romantance between them, that was my small disappointment, although I kinda understand the lack of romance with Ogami's personality and all... But I'm still slightly disapointed.
I'm really hopping for another season because there were questions that were never answered that will haunt me till I get them.
Feb 26, 2016 3:52 AM

Dec 2015
So I just finished this series and man was that torturous. I'm normally not one to Criticize anime like some people do, but this was hard for me to finish. First off I couldnt stand Sakura. The mabye one minute if that of ogami using his true powers was cool.

I found myself rooting for the villain in the end but man what the hell he killed so many innocent people, tried to kill the code breakers multiple times, had that one agent girl almost kill herself with the gun. Yet when he is about to die they are all crying I was thinking to myself you have got to be effing kidding me. Like come on. I understand he was close to them in the past but what he did was unforgivable even if he was trying to "save" people with the special powers.

And if you look back to other episodes they are all hypocrites in their own ways. Even after everything that happened they stopped hitomi from killing the prime minister? Seriously if anyone should of been killed it was that guy. The ending was corny as hell how she ran into each code breaker saying farewells yet the only one I cared about seeing say goodbye doesn't even bother showing up. I could go on and on about this show. i enjoyed the beginning minus sakura, the art wasn't bad, opening was ok, other then that no thanks lol.
Tylermn93Feb 26, 2016 3:55 AM
Nov 28, 2016 12:24 AM

May 2010
Lol you know the show is a failure when the most you remember is the villian.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 13, 2018 9:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Code Breaker was MOST EPICCCCC from the start when Ogami was Killer mode. This last arc was too sentimental with too much crying around, The mood gone from "You expose me/interfere/do evil, I kill you" to "Aren't we all friends?" I think they went on with that a bit too much. For more than half the anime, when Ogami was watching Sakurakoji , that was funny and badass. I'm fine with Ogami warming up to Sakurakoji to saving her school, I'm great with that and loved it! Then Last arc though, it really became less JUDGING EVIL as Code Breakers, because who the villain was (Hitomi), fighting evil became stopping this guy's plan and trying so hard to change his mind. That part of the story and motive wasn't that good and Ogami being beat. Ogami's final flame attack kinda made up for it in the end, but even then Hitomi didn't truly burn up which was ehhh? disappointing. Code Breaker could've BEEN THE MOST BADASS ANIME EVER !!! but that kinda fell flat as it got weaker in the end, still overall a very good and interesting anime and EPIC WHEN OGAMI IS OP KILLING. Heike is one cool character too.
iamKetranLangFeb 13, 2018 10:13 PM
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 19, 2018 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
I felt like Hitomi's death was dragged on aimlessly. Sakura was a useless character though, considering she's a rarebreed that repel special abilities she should've had a prominent role in the series. All I got from her was dog who followed Rei by preaching pacifists ideas, Why make her if she won't have a significant in Rei's methods. In the end she didn't change him and her rare breed status wasn't the main focus, most of all she didn't seem to care about it.

It was a good anti hero anime though, I wish I could watch anime like these because I'm tired of the hero of justice anime( sicken the hell out of me). In the end Rei didn't even give a proper goodbye, I kinda loved them together at least he has Kanda.

I guess this anime thinks it is right to kill evil guys and teaches school kids violence is okay, any way I don't give a fudge about that I enjoyed this shit.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 24, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2012
what an absolute load of trash lol, good guy pulls op powers out of his butt, then they want us to feel bad for the dude who was senselessly trying to kill everyone lol, good try
Sep 8, 2020 8:08 PM
Mar 2017
Ok but like, I really wanted Ogami to say bye. I’m really upset he didn’t. This show would hav been much more satisfying if he had said bye or wanted to stay with her. I really wanted him to develop an attachment to Sakura, it didn’t have to be romance, I just wanted him to be protective over her. And we never really delved into what happened to her when she was younger.
I feel like the show had plans of going somewhere, but then suddenly they were told they were not getting renewed, so they rushed a stupid ending
Oct 23, 2020 5:57 PM

Aug 2018
I was rooting and wishing for Hitomi to not only succeed in his revenge but succeed in killing Sakura. 5/10. The 3 biggest flaws that stood out to me about this show was:

1) Sakura. It seems most females in shonen named Sakura are garbage. I remember there was a MAL forum topic a few months ago asking people about the most cringy lines they've seen someone say in an anime and someone said "everything Sakura from Code:Breaker" said and I was like "She can't be that bad" but WOW after finishing this anime I understand them. I think the mangaka forgot that she debuted Sakura to be a warrior wise beyond her years and mature because she acts the whole time well exactly like Sakura Haruno from Naruto, useless and annoying and saying things at times where people are fighting to the death.

2) Random Tone-Changes/Failure to read the room, best example being the scene when Ogami learns about Sakura's adoption by her parents and her parents are crying. IDK if the writers sincerely thought people were going to be sad about that, but any chance of me feeling bad for what happened to Sakura was ruined by her dad looking like a crackhead that you see at the local bus stop doing drugs and the mom looking like she belonged in Lucky Star.

3) Ending. Hitomi should've been able to kill him before Hitomi died, and even if they were going to not have the Prime Minister be killed by Hitomi, they should've at least not have Hitomi get up and give a "oooh my regrets" monologue and then electricity come out as if he's about to die and attempt to succeded in his revenge like 16 times before he actually dies. Amazing btw that despite it being so dragged out so they can reach 22 min, it's also so rushed at the same time.

Conclusion: The concept of this show was initially interesting but due to the blandness and generic route it went down after the first few episodes as well as how awful Sakura is, it really isn't something to watch. I am definitely not going to look into the manga and you can blame Sakura for that.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Dec 11, 2021 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
Im sad af for giving 6/10 even tho it deserves 5.If only there was no Sakura, repetetive and annoying dialogs, and the ministar dead this would be 8/10. F
Feb 22, 2022 4:39 AM
Jan 2018
Ok, so i just watched the last episode. It was predictable, im a little bit dissapointed with the ending, i didnt read the manga so i cant compare it with something. Overall 7/10, i was expecting something in the final, or some season 2 as this has a lot of potencial with all that special abilities and Ogami's past. It has to be something there, afterall why is he so cold and the fight with Sekke could be intresting. But this finished almost 10 years ago so i guess no second season, it was a good series not great not terrible
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM
Oct 2023
Best anime in my eyes
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

222 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.