Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 16, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 2012
Still no new OP? It's YYH all over again...but this song can't even compare to the YYH epic...

Dec 16, 2012 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
I like Departure, so I don't mind it sticking around lol, and It actually fits the Greed Island arc pretty well imo.
Dec 16, 2012 6:11 PM
Dec 2012
You're right. Judging by what people are saying about the next arc coming up, I will laugh my ass off if they still don't change it.

Having this kiddy song was bad enough in the Yorkshin Arc where the OP would end and SUDDENLY HEADS being SNAPPED off; BLOOD everywhere!
Dec 16, 2012 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
The opening is still ugly, can't believe this corny song is here to stay.
Dec 16, 2012 9:23 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't DBZ have the same opening throughout?
Dec 16, 2012 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
GI finally begins, nice change in the OP intermission, it'll take me awhile to get used to the ED though.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 17, 2012 12:46 AM
Dec 2008
FrostToaster said:

Pretty sure it had two openings.

Plus,Cha La Head Cha La is better than Departure anyway one looks at it.

Still,as others have noted,Departure actually fits GI.
Dec 17, 2012 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
Toyobu!
Dec 17, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2007
Awesome OP. I don't really dislike this song, so I don't get the hate, but I don't get the shonen trend anime on making their OPs so spoilerish.

Hopefully next ep they will slow the pace a part of me doesn't want this arc to end too quickly.

FrostToaster said:

If you mean the Kai version then yeah it had the same OP for like 90+ eps and like HxH changed some scenes around depending on what arc we were on.
Dec 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Apr 2009
MM-Rosiie said:
A few things that might've been nice to know about were omitted, like the hand signs and how Green Island's console works.
I think there;ll be an explanation of how the console works next episode, so don;t give up on it just yet!
Dec 17, 2012 11:22 AM

Oct 2009
Love it! nice episode and the best ED so far :D

But shame the op haven't changed

Compared to GI awesome OP from 99 version..

I think it will stay the same till the end of the anime
Dec 17, 2012 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
Vicious108 said:
SanderRX said:
FrostToaster said:

Pretty sure it had two openings.

Plus,Cha La Head Cha La is better than Departure anyway one looks at it.

So is We Gotta Power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm0Bv8xy75g

Alright so they had 2 openings, the first lasted until episode 199, and then was replaced by We Gotta Power in episode 200 and that lasted until episode 291.

And I agree it kind of suits the arc. The anime/manga as a whole tries to act a bit childish (even though it can get very dark), so I think the openings are perfect. It's the endings defines the arc (imo).
Dec 17, 2012 12:22 PM

Dec 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
phnsr said:
~21 episodes to Chimera Ant arc. Lookin' forward to it.

Is there any actual episode count for this or are you basing it off the original OVAs which were 22 episodes? I'm just curious is all.

Based on the the OVAs, yes. That's why it's an approximation (~). I'm actually hoping they do it faster. So far, so good.
Dec 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
Greed Island!!! Been looking forward to this for some time now. My absolute favorite arc from the original HxH! I've been really pleased with the remake so far, so I know the Greed Island arc is going to be great!

Getting tired of the same old OP song, but the scenes were good. Loved the ED!
Dec 17, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
Can't wait for "Saisho wa guu..."
Keep moving forward
Dec 17, 2012 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Finaly no more kurapika vs spiders for the time being, it was feeling overstretched already
Dec 17, 2012 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder how much they are going to censor some of the stuff that happens.
Dec 17, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
The OP and ED is nothing from another world but this time they fit the material. Time to destroy SAO and AW.
Dec 18, 2012 5:58 PM

Dec 2009
A nice and refreshing change from the gloomy aura surrounding my monitor screen every time someone died in the Phantom Troupe arc! I think I'm immune to flying heads and chopped limbs now. :"(

It's finally time for the fun side of HxH! Woohoo!

And Biske looks much cuter than she did in the OVA! :D I feel like I'll like her much better this time. Gon and Killua were also so cute in this episode. :)

Shouldn't have marathoned this-- ugh, the days are dragging by!
Dec 19, 2012 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
HOW DID WE GET TO THE GREED ISLAND ARC SO FAST?!
OMG GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE TO CHIMERA ANT!
Dec 19, 2012 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
Avato-chan said:
That will probably take 4 months or more. - Captain Buzzkill
Dec 20, 2012 12:23 PM
Nov 2008
Is it just me or they are getting taller (Gon&Kil)?

Meh, still Departure. Not a huge fan of that song. The animation is nice though.
Good pacing and otherwise great quality, I'm amazed at how consistently good this show is - aside from that abysmal OST song that keeps coming back every time I think they finally trashed it. Oh well.

Vael said:

You mean you shouldn't have marathoned it yet? :)
Marathon is the best way to watch anime imo Also everything from books to series. Much more consistent and leaves a deeper impression if it was good. Marathoning this from ep 6-58 was just amazing. Also marathoning OP 1-380. Those were the days (when I had free time :/)
MalestelDec 20, 2012 12:28 PM
Dec 20, 2012 10:13 PM

Jul 2010
Malestel said:
Vael said:

You mean you shouldn't have marathoned it yet? :)
Marathon is the best way to watch anime imo Also everything from books to series. Much more consistent and leaves a deeper impression if it was good. Marathoning this from ep 6-58 was just amazing. Also marathoning OP 1-380. Those were the days (when I had free time :/)

Well, if you marathon an ongoing series, there's this anguish when you finally reach the most recent episode, since the wait for the next one changes from 0 to 7 days, which you won't feel when you've been watching it weekly.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Dec 22, 2012 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
- New OP is great. I don't even care they kept Departure.

- New ED is also great. Maybe not as awesome as Hunting For Your Dreams but I still liked it.

- Liked the episode pace and how they started the arc. I'm really confident MH will do a good job with G.I.
Dec 23, 2012 6:46 AM

Mar 2012
FrostToaster said:
Avato-chan said:

GI is like 20-30 episodes long so not that long o.o
End Zionazism
Dec 23, 2012 7:25 AM
Nov 2009
Mikasa said:
FrostToaster said:
Avato-chan said:

GI is like 20-30 episodes long so not that long o.o

4 months is 16 episodes (without any breaks), and i think it was 25-30 episodes, so 5-6 months.
Dec 23, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
no I know the math >.< i'm just pointing out that it isn't too much to wait :P
End Zionazism
Dec 25, 2012 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
mrsticky005 said:
BTW did anyone else find Neon Nostrade's reaction to Eliza's mourning interesting?
Remember this is the same girl who didn't give a flip about Dalzollene's death.

bodyguard deaths probably weren't all that rare. and she probably never cared since she never noticed anybody else around her ever seeming to care much. (not as much as eliza anyway. and you see neon interacting with her and the other girl more than with any of her bodyguards.)
Dec 27, 2012 6:07 AM

Jul 2009
The opening images were awesome. I thought the Greed Island arc was fairly mixed overall (but that could be due to the way the OVAs were made) but I did enjoy some aspects.
Dec 27, 2012 11:29 AM
Oct 2007
Madhouse chose not to change the OP because you don't fix something that is not broken! The ED was slightly below average.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2012 7:06 PM
Dec 2012
Why is Kurapika still hanging around with that family if her power got stolen by Chrollo?
Dec 28, 2012 2:17 AM
May 2012
^ Nostrade girl (forgot her name) did got her powers stolen by Chrollo however let's think about WHY Kurapika chose the Nostrade family among others at the start of York New arc.

The girl has a reputation of a body collector. Being a collector, she should have connections to other individuals who have the same interests as her. Now, besides killing off Spiders, what is Kurapika's motive?
Jan 1, 2013 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
sooo, I watched these last 60 episodes too fast! (well 59, according to this article. no talk of ep 60 :P)
Soo I gotta say, Im happy Killua finally developed his electricity Nen technique! I think its pretty awesome. It makes me mad when they sometimes bring Killua down to Gon's slightly inexperienced level, I mean Killua has been raised as an assassin ever since he was born. Not only that but he could obviously use Nen subconsciously with that claw thing he could do with his hands. He used to be OP (as in overpowered) but a good OP and I liked him a lot for that but then sometimes they brought him down to the first protagonist's level, nothing against gon at all. s hopefully killua's experience will start to prevail again.

One thing Im not so happy about is we're not gonna se Kurapika for a long time :( according to what I read he's not even really in the next two arcs. Right when I think they developed his character into a very intriguing and awesome person. He's so different than typical shounen characters looking for revenge, he actually has motivation and doesnt end up feeling all bad afterwards;for a good reason. I thought that fight against Uru was awesome! Kurapika really looked like a badass. so why the hell doesnt togashi write him into the next two arcs?????

Well, I guess Im gonna have to watch the 1999 OVA's from here or start reading the manga, I dont think I can wait. btw love the yu yu hakusho opening theme im glad someone posted it :) and i must admit departure took awhile to get used to.
Jan 1, 2013 11:03 PM
May 2012
dextronaut said:
sooo, I watched these last 60 episodes too fast! (well 59, according to this article. no talk of ep 60 :P)
Soo I gotta say, Im happy Killua finally developed his electricity Nen technique! I think its pretty awesome. It makes me mad when they sometimes bring Killua down to Gon's slightly inexperienced level, I mean Killua has been raised as an assassin ever since he was born. Not only that but he could obviously use Nen subconsciously with that claw thing he could do with his hands. He used to be OP (as in overpowered) but a good OP and I liked him a lot for that but then sometimes they brought him down to the first protagonist's level, nothing against gon at all. s hopefully killua's experience will start to prevail again.

What you got to understand is Nen is a big factor to consider in a fight. Killua, while being extremely gifted in earlier episodes is still a newbie, as is Gon, in regards to Nen. It was explained by Wing in the Heaven's Arena arc that a simple Nen 'push' on someone who doesn't have Ten can get killed (body destroyed) - even in Killua's caliber.

The difference between Gon and Killua in regards to Nen is that Gon have instinctual learning (Zetsu while stalking Hisoka in the 4th Hunter exam phase) while Killua is more on experience/training (claw hands, electricity) that are complementary to his fighting style (one-shot kill).

This is the trouble with marathoning episodes without taking the time to soak in what the episodes are telling you about the universe and the characters in it. You end up having misconceptions on factors that should have been obvious if you're not rushing it. I won't even touch upon Kurapika if the reason you're missing him so soon is because he's "badass" without taking into account what happened on the airship, the prophecies and Pakunoda's sacrifice.
Jan 3, 2013 9:31 PM
May 2010
Anyone notices that in the OP part of the spider one of the members (The one that looks like a mummy) doesn't appear...and at the very back instead is a girl..

Im confused about this :/ can anyone help me?
Jan 3, 2013 9:38 PM
Oct 2011
NHS-KEMISH said:
Anyone notices that in the OP part of the spider one of the members (The one that looks like a mummy) doesn't appear...and at the very back instead is a girl..

I'm not sure why the mummy guy didn't appear, or can't remember a reason (he appears in later arcs iirc, but he didn't appear in the OP because he doesn't appear in the arc). About the girl, it's actually a guy, though take a look at him, doesn't he look familiar? Here:

If you can't recognize him then wait for him to appear. But to not spoil anything, all I can say is that he's a new member, replacing Hisoka.
Candor123Jan 3, 2013 9:49 PM
Jan 3, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
NHS-KEMISH said:

Read if you want to get spoiled

Apr 18, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
This doesn't really seem all that interesting to me, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2013 10:44 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good episode.
Love the op, and will always will. the new animation seems nice. Oh shit, I was totally mistake when I first saw that girl in the op and ed. I thought she was like her, but I was wrong oh snap. 0_o Still may hate on neon though. Hope she will be decent. Ed, oh wow...... I have to get used to this. Sorta like bleach, but eh it ain't fit to me.

The new arc seems to be promising so far. looks kinda like SAO with the whole transferring the game into the virtual life. Killua's power is nice.

4.5/5 will round the score.
Dec 11, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2012
1) so excited for this arc, i love the awesome concepts/situations hxh comes up with

2) so excited for killua and gon to develop, i love training segments

3) so excited and loling that the troupe is back this quick, randomly stole a 50 bill game and plugged themselves + their lives into it. love them.

4) poor kurapika, what a toll this has taken on him. i love how they addressed the toll the revenge has taken on him, and dont glorify his sacrifice in order to obtain insane powers.

i enjoyed this more than last episode's conclusion of the yorkshin arc. is that weird? i like new concepts and stuff, i was feeling weary by the end of the previous arc.
Jan 4, 2014 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
Killua's new power looks awesome!! it also kinda look like Sasuke's Chidori and Kakashi's Raikiri!!
Feb 19, 2014 7:12 PM
Aug 2013
awseome episode. lol at gona not knowing what ability he wants. this arcs looking great so far
Mar 1, 2014 9:48 AM

Apr 2012
A G.G.G.Girl in the OP and ED! ewww... I kid of course. Enjoyed the last arc and really looking forward to this one.
Mar 18, 2014 2:33 AM

Dec 2013
Hell Yeah!! Its special ability time! Plus an awesome new opening. This arc looks like it'll be sweet! I'm glad they're keeping the same song. Its a good song and it fits the series very well like "We Are!" from One Piece. I hope they keep it for a long time.

I hope Gon learns a defensive ability. that whole aura body shield that can make you bullet proof (the kind Uvo used) is an Enhancer ability right? Or is that just an enhanced form of Ten?

I just realized something... When the Hell is Gon gonna buy his Hunter License back?? If he doesn't meet the deadline it'll be sold!! That makes me nervous...
DaydreamHeroMar 18, 2014 2:40 AM
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 18, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2014
It's basic nen, so mostly ten and ren depending on the character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2014 2:46 AM

Dec 2013
judals said:
It's basic nen, so mostly ten and ren depending on the character.

Ok, thanks!
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 19, 2014 6:57 PM
Apr 2011
Awesome transition from Spider Arc to this.

I am stoked for this new arc.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Mar 31, 2014 8:24 PM
Oct 2009
A training episode. So Killua is using electricity - I LIKEEEE!! and Gon's power looks similar to what Killua's dad used during his battle against the spiders' boss - two big balls from his hands that prob had to do with Nen xD
May 20, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Dammit, show! Will you never change you OP theme ever? It was already a bit dull the first time I heard it; by now it's a freaking earworm! ( ㅍ`へ 'ㅍ )/fffffff

*sigh* oh well. At least the OP animation has completely changed, and the ED's quite nice.

New arc looks to be a barrel of immature giggles. <3 vidya gaems
May 20, 2014 3:30 AM

Jun 2009
I'll go ahead and tell you the OP will never change, except for some lyrics.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.