Forum Settings
Forums

New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Project Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 15, 2013 12:26 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Great trailer, so it will be an OVA ? How much episode will it have ?

Greetings
Cyan
Jun 16, 2013 7:21 PM
Apr 2013
SirMaddy said:

THIS JUST MADE MY FUCKING NIGHT!

My mind is fully prepared to be utterly screwed by Higurashi once again!
Jun 16, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
SirMaddy said:

Rena and her machente ---> *RUN*

Back away Kurumi, a queen of yandere has entered the stage :D
Jun 17, 2013 1:13 AM

Oct 2009
Yus! A new Higurashi that is... Higurashi!
Jun 17, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2011
SirMaddy said:

Eh? So it's OVA(Because of the name of the video)? But the PV looks like a Movie-feel rather than an OVA-feel.

Jun 17, 2013 12:59 PM
Feb 2012
Tennouji_ said:

Eh? So it's OVA(Because of the name of the video)? But the PV looks like a Movie-feel rather than an OVA-feel.

thats what I was thinking too; wish we could get more official clarification on this
Jun 17, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
wiggibow said:
Tennouji_ said:

thats what I was thinking too; wish we could get more official clarification on this

OVA's can be quite long you know. The BRS OVA for example, was 50 minutes are so long. So it can be an OVA run at movie length.
Jun 17, 2013 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
The Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar OVA episodes were pretty long also. Anyways, looking forward to this.
Jun 17, 2013 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:
wiggibow said:
Tennouji_ said:

OVA's can be quite long you know. The BRS OVA for example, was 50 minutes are so long. So it can be an OVA run at movie length.

But OVAs nowadays are in 25-minute episode. Let's hope that this incoming new Higurashi would be longer than that if it's really OVA unless this is really meant to be 25-minute single(Or multiple) episode.

Jun 18, 2013 12:41 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Tennouji_ said:

But OVAs nowadays are in 25-minute episode. Let's hope that this incoming new Higurashi would be longer than that if it's really OVA unless this is really meant to be 25-minute single(Or multiple) episode.

But OVAs also have more then only 1 episode. Many OVAs have 3 or even more episodes like all OVA from To Love-Ru
Jun 18, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2008
ihateeveryone said:

Exactly, it MUST be like this person said.

http://ameblo.jp/600man/entry-11549886627.html

In the event showed up the Pachinko, they also streamed Outbreak.
But, only 30 minutes.
Seems like they stopped at the part Keiichi & Rena begin the attack.

=> This P-OVA must be longer than 25 minutes!
=> Athough it becomes an OVA, it's as long as a movie.
Jun 18, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2012
^ The pachinko "Higurashi no Nakugoro ni Itadaki" also has new anime embedded in it. The 33 chapters that could be shown as you play the pachinko together form a new story called "Yoigoshi-hen"
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 18, 2013 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
SirMaddy said:

Rena goes beast mode! that was awesome can't wait for it to air.
Jun 18, 2013 5:49 AM

Sep 2011
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Tennouji_ said:

But OVAs also have more then only 1 episode. Many OVAs have 3 or even more episodes like all OVA from To Love-Ru

That's why I inserted multiple or more OVA episodes.

Jun 18, 2013 2:00 PM
Aug 2012
So let me get this straight some people think this will be an OVA, or is it confirmed that it is an OVA
Jun 18, 2013 2:05 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
TheNeokido said:
So let me get this straight some people think this will be an OVA, or is it confirmed that it is an OVA

It is not official confirmed, but the new trailer comes from a OVA studio as it seems.
Jun 18, 2013 2:17 PM
Aug 2012
oh so no news as of yet huh?
Jun 18, 2013 2:38 PM
Jun 2013
Still not aired, and it's summer. Boo.
Jun 18, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2012
anime/ova/movie whatever I'll watch as long as it's ten-times better than that Kira crap.

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jul 7, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
Here something said about July: Link
Jul 22, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2010
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUUTTT????? OTL

Jul 22, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
If this is something like the first two seasons I'm onboard.
Hell maybe this will spark enough interest in the series so that we can get a re-release and release of the first two seasons. Not expecting much though.
Jul 24, 2013 12:44 AM
Jul 2013
I hope it will end with blood *-* I didnt like Kira at all , cause cmon the whole anime was full of bad stuff and blood and mystery . I think it cant have a good end.
Jul 25, 2013 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
I hope this will be the true sequel to Kai, if there is one.
Jul 26, 2013 8:43 AM

Apr 2010
Ugh the only good thing about the Higurashi anime was the first 4 episodes after that it was mediocre at best.
Jul 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2009
scabab said:
Ugh the only good thing about the Higurashi anime was the first 4 episodes after that it was mediocre at best.

I am happy you could share your opinion about Higurashi in this news post.
Jul 26, 2013 12:54 PM
Jan 2012
IntervisioN said:
I hope this will be the true sequel to Kai, if there is one.

It isn't a sequel. Or at least I seriously doubt that, because the "main" story is kinda finished.
The anime answered most of the major questions, and the plot of Outbreak isn't even in the novels.
protagAug 27, 2013 1:54 PM
Jul 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
Purincess said:

because the "main" story is kinda finished.

It's not kinda but it's fully finished.

But I still want to see Matsuri arcs being animated.

Jul 26, 2013 3:36 PM
Jan 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Purincess said:

because the "main" story is kinda finished.

It's not kinda but it's fully finished.

I'm aware. Meant something else by this, but oh well, my bad.
Jul 26, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
I'd prefer it if they did more Umineko, the way the anime ended was total bullshit. I don't want to have to read the damn VN to know what happened. Also as much as I loved Higurashi they need to move on, they pretty much fucked up the series with Kira. So a new ova about a story that's already been done isn't anything interesting :(. Oh well Studio Deen always has its head up its ass.
Jul 27, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2009
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I'd prefer it if they did more Umineko, the way the anime ended was total bullshit. I don't want to have to read the damn VN to know what happened. Also as much as I loved Higurashi they need to move on, they pretty much fucked up the series with Kira. So a new ova about a story that's already been done isn't anything interesting :(. Oh well Studio Deen always has its head up its ass.
THe way Umineko was adapted was bullsiht.Read the damn VN.It isnt any different than reading the whole One Piece or Berserk.

Alos the new Higurashi is from the creator himself not the from fucking Deen like Kira.
Jul 28, 2013 2:06 PM
Apr 2013
www.higurashi-pj.jp

There is a date mentioned - 18.08.2013. Don't know if it's already common knowledge but I thought you might wanna know :) .
Jul 28, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2011
I was hoping that one of the manga arcs was going to be adapted, but this looks pretty cool too. As long as it's NOTHING like Kira, I'm happy
Jul 28, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
magister39 said:
http://www.higurashi-pj.jp
There is a date mentioned - 18.08.2013. Don't know if it's already common knowledge but I thought you might wanna know :) .
That is just the date of a fan event where there will be talk shows and popularity poll result announcement. Of course they may have some surprises up their sleeves but it is hard to tell.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Can't wait for more Higurashi
Jul 30, 2013 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
After 8 months of waiting and 2 trailers.
I can safely tell you that..

Aug 18, 2013 11:54 AM

Jun 2012
So, is this canceled or something?

Seriously, I'm really starting to get worried here. When I first found out about this, MAL estimated it would be released sometime in June. August is almost over now, and still no news.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 18, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Laraso said:
Seriously, I'm really starting to get worried here. When I first found out about this, MAL estimated it would be released sometime in June. August is almost over now, and still no news.
Hey, have you looked at the MAL anime discussion board? A bunch of people are already discussing the anime here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=648677

Aug 19, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Laraso said:
Hey, have you looked at the MAL anime discussion board? A bunch of people are already discussing the anime here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=648677

Oh, well I feel stupid now.

I had this thread bookmarked, and kept checking back for updates. I figured that someone would say something here if it came out, since this is where most of the pre-release discussion was happening.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 19, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Laraso said:

I had this thread bookmarked, and kept checking back for updates. I figured that someone would say something here if it came out, since this is where most of the pre-release discussion was happening.
The thing is this anime was not released via conventional channel. Because it is an anime originally released for pachinko machines the video is available as prize for pachinko parlors, although some limited shops (like animate) also took limited pre-orders. So the release date was not clearly announced and did not get wide publicity either. What we know is indeed it was release sometime in late June to July.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.