Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 7, 2008 8:11 PM

May 2008
The final battle...not so good...but the sweet ending with kazuma and ayano was nice
Aug 26, 2008 3:49 PM

Dec 2007
Well i wasnt expected that ending..Maybe they are gonna air a 2nd season who knows.
Aug 31, 2008 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
lols . i didnt get y is he afraid of ayano's fire nehs ~ hms . i thought he was like super powerful -.='' hahas . but i wanted CUI LING & KAZUME nehs ~ hms . well . but y did she say she wanted to kill him -.='' weird ~

Sep 14, 2008 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
Man I am so pissed. Can someone PLEASE tell me why anime with romance never has a freaking kiss at the end??? 95% of anime with any kind of romance in it whatsoever always ends like this!!!!!! It pisses me off! I can name a hundred anime where do this exact freaking thing. It's like they want to tease us to no end. I guess I can be okay with the fact there's a somewhat good chance there might be a season 2, but man, a kiss is such a great note for an end to a series like this and not having one is just such a shame. It ruins the feelings we could have for it.

*mcjazzman32 is steamed*
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Sep 22, 2008 12:55 PM

Aug 2007
KannaRei said:
Yes, the ending was something which leaves much space for a second season. But it was fun seeing Ayano blushing at Kazumas hair-sniffing, and afterwards going on a rampage after he touches her behind. n.n
And everyone just sits there sipping tea. n.n

Regarding the names, I think it is Bernhard(a german name), and something like Sui Lin. I remember the Kanji used for her name being the same as the "sui" in Hisui's name, and the pronounciation sounds like it too. But I think it is a chinese name, and I am not very profound at chinese, so it could be written different still...

maybe he even told her he love her trough the wind ;P while sniffing her hair ;P,more like kissing it XD
Sep 30, 2008 3:54 PM

Sep 2008
i liked the ending, i was also expecting a kiss or something but it was a nice touch when Kazuma smelled her hair, damn, that guy is sexy!

also i wasn't expecting the last words of Tsui, that was cruel :S, i'm so hoping to have a 2nd season, we need more Kazuma on tv :D
Nov 5, 2008 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
*Sigh*
I just want to scream: "Second Season nao!"
~de Arimasu
Nov 22, 2008 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
will there be a second season???
Jan 27, 2009 5:08 PM

Jul 2008
Oh man, just finished this and it's on par if not better than Full Metal Panic! in the action/romance genre. I hope to god they make a second season of this because it was highly entertaining to me.
Feb 1, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Well well, The way she conviced him Was LAME ... it really was ... Hoped for something better... but not bad serie though :-)

Feb 9, 2009 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
I liked it petty much hope there will be a second season ! :D
Feb 12, 2009 11:10 PM
Mar 2008
Enemy gets away? Check.
Relationship still hasn't made much headway? Check.
Tons of plot holes? Check
Terribly cliche'd enemies? Check check check.
Super smash bros final boss making a appearance? Check

Seriously though, if there woulda been a second season this woulda been a decent enough season end, but as a series end, it's pretty effin terrible
Feb 13, 2009 7:42 AM

Apr 2007
Bladin said:
Enemy gets away? Check.

Seriously though, if there woulda been a second season this woulda been a decent enough season end, but as a series end, it's pretty effin terrible

The anime doesn't cover all of the novel it's based on (I think the novels are not even finished).
I rather have an open end anime, that is still somewhat close to the novel instead of a cheap happy end.
Feb 13, 2009 9:31 AM
Mar 2008
canis said:
Bladin said:
Enemy gets away? Check.

The anime doesn't cover all of the novel it's based on (I think the novels are not even finished).
I rather have an open end anime, that is still somewhat close to the novel instead of a cheap happy end.

Oh I'm sorry, i didn't realize i was watching a novel, but rather a anime. Not to sound rude, but the novels are the novels, the anime is the anime. If the anime can't come to a real ending rather than a half finished ending, then they should change it to be a complete ending, or rather just not make the anime untill you can do the ENTIRE source material
Feb 13, 2009 5:43 PM

Apr 2007
Bladin said:
Not to sound rude, but the novels are the novels, the anime is the anime. If the anime can't come to a real ending rather than a half finished ending, then they should change it to be a complete ending, or rather just not make the anime untill you can do the ENTIRE source material

If the source is too big (several novels) it's only natural that they first only cover a part of it to try if the anime is successful. If they wanted to put the entire novels into the anime they either would have to shorten the story and take parts out or to make an anime with like 70+ episodes, which is (at least today) too risky.
If there is no second season we can assume that the anime wasn't popular enough and it would be too expensive to make a second season.
If the anime was more popular they would make one.

I also find it good to stick (more or less) to the original source.

For me (and especially the japanese who watched the anime), it is also a good "commercial" for the novels. I often first see the anime and then read the manga or novels it's based on. So it wasn't completely pointless to do a first season with open end. If it makes the novels more popular the better: people need to read more.
And yes, I'm aware that people outside of japan who watch the subbed version, won't be able to read the novels but let's remember that the anime wasn't made for people who don't understand japanese. ;)
May 29, 2009 12:04 PM

Jan 2008
Hahaha, this scene was awesome

Reminded me of this scene in Special A
Jun 9, 2009 5:45 AM

Mar 2009
It would suck if there wasn't a second season, this anime left too many things left unfinished. i think what lapia/cui ling said was a bunch of bullcrap, like heck her last thoughts would be "i want to kill you" that would be too pathetic. it was probably like "goodbye" or something. would you really want your last thought to be "i want to kill you"? i didn't believe her for a second
Cat Love

Jun 11, 2009 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Maybe "I want to kill you" was directed at someone else?

Also, since they never showed how it came to that they sacrificed her, there is also the alternative that Kazuma sold her to as a guinea pig because they needed money. Just joking, but something must have gone horribly wrong to get them in that situation, so maybe Kazuma did something really bad, or maybe it's his fault that they are in that situation.

Since I haven't read the manga, which maybe has this covered already, these are just speculations, so don't take me serious.
Aug 1, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2009
Lol they could of kissed at the ending bull no anime i ever seen does that -_- Romantic anyways
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Nov 21, 2009 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Whats anti-climatic about stopping the prince of hell from destroying all of tokyo? cmon now. Yeah, the bad guys walked away.. leaves it open for a second season.. but doubt its coming if it still hasn't come by now...

Kewee said:
Lol they could of kissed at the ending bull no anime i ever seen does that -_- Romantic anyways

Only thing i wish is for them to actually admit their feelings for each other, or to at least start officially dating lol, but a good ending to a decent show. I didn't really care about a ending kiss as hes kissed her 3-4 times in different places, one of the times on the lips, plus, several hugs, a butt slap, and even a lick. I think hes done enough to her during the series. This is one of the few animes *I* think that WOULDN'T benefit from a ending kiss much. :P

This show was quite entertaining to me. Was just what i was looking for. Probably going to give it a 8/10.
Dec 1, 2009 10:07 AM
Mar 2008
Solid show. Some episodes were boring, others were entertaining. I liked Kazuma sniffing Ayano's hair scene, lol. That was cute.
Looking forward to a 2nd season.
Dec 13, 2009 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
sugarplumfairy said:
LOL "i want to kill you"?!?! hehe a bit random

Yeah I thought so too, "Why didn't you protect me" would have had more meaning and be more logical if anything.
But I would definitely assume it's a lie, especially if you consider the fact that Bernhardt only took please in seeing other people despair and suffer, so if it was something that would warm Kazuma's heat there is no way he would say it.

And very unsatisfying with both of the main antagonists just walking away away in the end, but then again that leaves an opening for a season 2 (if they'll ever release one)

Nice scene between Ayano and Kazuma at the end, although perhaps a kiss would have been more appropriate than a butt slap xD

EternalDreamerDec 13, 2009 9:48 AM
Dec 16, 2009 8:27 AM

Sep 2009
got to love the spanking action kazuma you sly dog you :D
Dec 19, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
I was ok with the ending. It was cute.. and romantic lol but yes as everyone else has said, a kiss would have been much better XD.

And all the people who were all hot and bothered seeing ling naked.. really? So a naked chick whos dripping blood, crying, and about to be sacrificed to the devil is hot?? wow thats fucked up.

And speaking of that, WOW! did this author give me chills and actually made me really sad with the " i wasnt born to be eaten by the devil" line.. i mean holy crap thats depressing.

overall ima put it at a 7 out of 10... may increase if they fill the holes with a second season but i dont see anything that suggest one yet so meh.
Jan 3, 2010 3:59 PM
Jul 2009
no kiss that sucks
Feb 10, 2010 1:49 AM
Sep 2009
inn0centdem0n said:
toanbui said:
i was a little disappointed. they didn't kiss!

i am too..haha..i thought they will be honest wid their feelings..

he just smelled Ayano's hair :(
Feb 17, 2010 7:41 PM
Nov 2009
arent ayano and kazuma cousins or something??!? isnt it like taboo or do they not care lol...
Feb 18, 2010 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty enjoyable at the begining but I disliked the last arc the most. Well atleast it was a...happy ending?

Had they kissed at the end, i'd have given the series an 8.

7/10
Mar 21, 2010 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
XyCo said:
arent ayano and kazuma cousins or something??!? isnt it like taboo or do they not care lol...

Nope,apparently in Japan a marriage between cousins is allowed. Also a marriage between brother and sister is allowed too if they aren't related by blood. Although for the last one, I heard its still unsual for people in there.

Well,afterall each country has its own culture so its not too shocking Imo.
May 14, 2010 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
THAT WAS A DISAPPOINTING ENDING!! ToT/

I was expecting something more dramatic but... noooe D:
come on......... killing a demon king with 1 final blow? D:
disappointing ending to such a good anime :(

and yesssss!! I agree with toanbui!! everyone *well most* was expecting a kiss... but instead we got him smelling her hair -.-"
May 15, 2010 7:35 PM

Feb 2010
this series was strong in the beginning but kinda lost my interest towards the end
Jul 14, 2010 6:25 AM

Jun 2009
checkdafool said:
this series was strong in the beginning but kinda lost my interest towards the end

that's how i felt to
Aug 7, 2010 7:17 AM

Jul 2009
i loved it..kazuma sniffing Ayano's hair ...XDDD
but..no kiss T.T

PLEAAAASSEEEE... 2nd SEASON

and don't forget
Sep 5, 2010 1:32 AM

Sep 2009
really enjoyed this show so 8/10 for me
this last episode was pretty awesome only thing i can complain about is that Ayano and Kazuma didn't kiss -.-

Nov 21, 2010 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
the mcdonald girl needed more action, i like her a bit more, lol
besides the person who did this died, so its incomplete and will probebly remain that way for a long time.

Dec 4, 2010 5:46 PM

Jun 2010
Just to let you guys know they were like 2nd or 3rd cousins something like that.. thats not really even looked down upon anywhere. (Pretty sure Kazumas dad was Ayanos dads cousin so yeah...
Apr 14, 2011 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
The ending wasn't good, it was OK and I was a bit disappointed. Kazuma should have kissed Ayano while she's crying.
About those two Wernhard and Lapis, they didn't died or got defeated yet.
It still opened, they should be a 2nd season or something. I hope so but I think not.
Well...... I enjoyed it anyway...
Apr 26, 2011 12:06 PM
Dec 2010
zzzz.. ending was a cliffhanger.. and no season 2.. sigh.. but good anime.. 8/10
Jun 29, 2011 3:29 AM
Mar 2008
It's quite sad that the author died and Kaze no Stigma is left incomplete. It was one of the first animes I have ever seen and I was really looking forward to have the second season out, but I just rewatched it and after doing so found out about Yamato Takahiros death..:/

Too bad.
Jul 27, 2011 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
I liked Tsui Rin's story, if there were more flashbacks of her, the anime could have been good.
Didn't like the anime, 3/10.
I dropped long time ago and some weeks ago finally decided to watch the episodes that were lasting (it was the third or fourth time i was trying to rewatch), i only don't regret it because i didn't want to have another dropped anime. :<
Aug 16, 2011 10:06 PM

May 2011
I ended up loving this anime, one of my favorites now.

Ahhh I don't know why but I just wished that something could have been done for Tsui-Ling and Kazuma. Maybe like one last good bye or something, their story just really got to me and I wanted more of them. Haha I just feel Kazuma should never get over Tsui-Ling and keep that sad memory forever. Oh well I still like Ayano so I don't really mind the ending.

Ugh what the heck was that Ayano still haven't said something like I love you to Kazuma and I wanted a kiss. Kazuma is a bad ass though.
Nov 20, 2011 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, really crappy ending. I was really enjoying this anime too at the beginning but around the middle or so it just started to get annoying. The dialogue seemed repetitious and unconvincing towards the end. Really hate when an anime starts out really good then just flops around towards the end.
Dec 15, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
I loved this anime no matter how anticlimactic it was. The ending would have been fine with me if they actually made more. It just didn't feel finished. The arc actually benefited the storyline a lot, but the way it just suddenly is over ruined the entire thing. So disappointing...
Dec 29, 2011 11:01 PM

Dec 2011
i only wished the author didnt die T_T i wanna know wdf happens next dammit! oh btw i like how the anime turned out. 9/10

Jan 28, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
XyCo said:

Haha I was saying the same thing throughout the whole show

Woah woah woah woah......aren't you guys related?! O_O
At one point in the show I thought that Ayano's dad wanted Ayano and Kazaya to get married.....
Mar 2, 2012 5:23 PM

Jun 2011
It was a bit boring tbh. Not as grand a climax as I thought it would be.
Mar 2, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2010
seems for many people the end was dissapointing, guess for me too a bit.
Mar 10, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
It wasn't THAT bad. I think some of you are exaggerating. Wasn't great, but wasn't too bad either.
Mar 15, 2012 5:26 PM

Dec 2011
I liked this show.
I love tsunderes :p
But this ending wasnt good.

toanbui said:
i was a little disappointed. they didn't kiss!

I wanted a kiss too but I enjoyed Kazuma smelling ayano's hair.
Mar 24, 2012 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
It kind of made me angry that his ultimate and perfect revenge was seen as a bad thing. I thought that was the most bad-ass part of the entire series...
Let's go bowling.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 15, 2007

54 by HazeShalom »»
Apr 17, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 16 Discussion

en_____ - Sep 5, 2009

22 by Remster20 »»
Mar 1, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 9, 2007

22 by Angelo_Nero »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 26, 2007

22 by murao_junpei »»
Dec 17, 2022 11:09 AM

» Extremely hard to watch (spoilers)

xONLYINHUMANx - Oct 27, 2022

15 by SilverCrono »»
Nov 5, 2022 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.