Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2012 10:37 PM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
KUGYU !!!!! Finally she speaks !!

I have a question about this episode though: In Kimishima's report he mentioned Sun flare storm in 2019 and 2020, but I remember the anime (perhaps the VN as well) is set in 2019. Yet apparently Kimishima is already dead. How come there is mentions of the storms in 2019 and 2020?

he probably predicted them
Nov 10, 2012 10:45 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
symbv said:
How come there is mentions of the storms in 2019 and 2020?
he probably predicted them
Then perhaps the storm has yet to happen in 2019 and may soon happen? The last storm in 2015 apparently caused huge problems and damages, and now I wonder what might come to place in the coming storm.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 1:37 AM

Jun 2012
Endymion said:
Is that a sarcasm? Cause there was almost zero plot development so far. They got nowhere, all these 5 eps can be fit in 2 if you cut off all the parts when Kai plays in stupid game.

That way of thinking is why Chaos;Head became a "half-retarded" brother of the game. Yes, Kai likes to play KB, that's not wrong at all. In fact, his obsession with KB allowed him to be a perfect candidate to pilot Gunvarrel. Rewatch the first few seconds of episode one, it seems you and some others ignored it completely. That was the prelude of something worth expecting.
Nov 11, 2012 5:12 AM

Apr 2011
Finally shit is starting to move. It started slow, but it's really really interesting now.
Nov 11, 2012 5:40 AM

Mar 2008
Zheneration said:
That way of thinking is why Chaos;Head became a "half-retarded" brother of the game. Yes, Kai likes to play KB, that's not wrong at all. In fact, his obsession with KB allowed him to be a perfect candidate to pilot Gunvarrel. Rewatch the first few seconds of episode one, it seems you and some others ignored it completely. That was the prelude of something worth expecting.

It's not about right or wrong. He can play it as much as he wants. Just this is not what we want to see. We'll be perfectly fine by knowing that he plays all the time without seeing it all the time. Something more interesting can be shown instead. But its not, that's why we have 5 episodes where almost nothing happens.
Edit: BTW I read Chaos;Head the VN (watched anime only partially because of how crappy this adaptation is compared to original) but can't really figure out what you mean by << Chaos;Head became a "half-retarded" brother of the game>>, though in my reply I assumed it doesn't matters ^__^
EndymionNov 11, 2012 6:04 AM
Nov 11, 2012 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
Endymion said:
Zheneration said:

It's not about right or wrong. He can play it as much as he wants. Just this is not what we want to see. We'll be perfectly fine by knowing that he plays all the time without seeing it all the time. Something more interesting can be shown instead. But its not, that's why we have 5 episodes where almost nothing happens.
Edit: BTW I read Chaos;Head the VN (watched anime only partially because of how crappy this adaptation is compared to original) but can't really figure out what you mean by << Chaos;Head became a "half-retarded" brother of the game>>, though in my reply I assumed it doesn't matters ^__^

I personally believe that knowing his character visually is a better example of getting to know his character as a whole. Him playing KB all the time is part of his character. Besides, it was only a few seconds we actually catch a glimpse of the game he was playing on screen. The viewers maybe fine with not seeing him on KB all the time, but that will leave the story with certain plot-holes since it utilizes him playing KB game as a important plot device to new encounters and take to the next level of what it means to control a REAL robot through the game. Think of it as him playing KB all the time as advertising his candidacy to become the club's ace pilot. At least that is the message I am getting.

The Science Adventure Trilogy uses the most simplest form of a plot diagram taught to us in middle school to tell a story. It can't be helped if these 5 episodes are uninteresting for some people. They are the build up of a mind bending climax we expected to see. Its not like the mainstreams whose plot diagram is a shape of the Himalayas. Stuff can't be happening every single episode because we beg for it. That is the characteristic that made me adore Science Adventure. I rather see an anime that disappoints it's viewers in the beginning and gets back at them with a fist to the gut(or mindfuck), than to see an anime that tries too hard to keep people watching.

As to what I meant about the Chaos;Head anime being the half-retarded brother of the game. Its exactly like you said, a pretty cruddy adaptation. I felt they could have done better with the anime. The same result of Chaos;Head may have happened to Steins;Gate if we apply the general viewer's concept of anime(at least for those who are ignorant about the game).
DonmaidesuNov 11, 2012 8:33 AM
Nov 11, 2012 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
well i wasn't expecting something like that
Nov 11, 2012 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Wait a second, isn't the alternate avatar of Airi, this "Sis Centipede", the name of
Nov 11, 2012 9:31 AM

Mar 2008
Zheneration said:
I personally believe that knowing his character visually is a better example of getting to know his character as a whole.

I just have somewhat different opinion on Kai's importance as a character and other things, but lets take that aside. Now after reading your reply I probably should agree with it, mostly.
Since you brought Steins;Gate... there also was a pretty "slow start", and then I was like "omg, this is so awesome!" Only because they gave us time to get to know the characters, to love them, to get used to them, the rest of the story was so moving. But... but compared to Robotics;Notes it wasn't boring. There wasn't even place for thoughts like "why there is 5 eps and not 3". Maybe "boring" is a too strong word, but my English is rather limited. Don't take it too literally.
Nov 11, 2012 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
We are entering most likely the best show of this season if my hunches are right. The episode got me hyped in many ways possible. I was just thinking this is going to be one of those mediocre anime, but after seeing this episode, I can conclude that this anime has huge potential to become one of the best. Precognition perhaps?

Slow start? Probably we needed that. By now, we got to know the main characters shown in the first 60 seconds of the anime. Now we are definitely entering the business episodes of this anime!

5/5.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 11, 2012 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like shit starts to get real.
Nov 11, 2012 1:49 PM

Jan 2012
The plot thickens. Like gravy. Although I don't like gravy.

Hm... 7/10.
Nov 11, 2012 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
yayyyyyyyyyyy something is happening.
Nov 11, 2012 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GAWD!!!!
IT WAS SO SCARY...
haha ok things just got serious.
I can't wait to see how the plot develops!!
Nov 11, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
wow, so the main plot is going to be the world's end! Finally it's getting to the point everyone are waiting for!
Nov 11, 2012 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, that episode is a ton better than the first 4. It actually started to explore the "conspiracy of the world" and how serious it is. It looks really deep and interesting, so I cannot wait for more.
At first, I didn't want to watch this episode because the first 4 were kind of boring, but now that it's getting into it and deals with everyone in the world, I am now looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 12, 2012 8:23 AM

Jun 2008
_Saburo_ said:
At first, I didn't want to watch this episode because the first 4 were kind of boring, but now that it's getting into it and deals with everyone in the world, I am now looking forward to the next episode.

Lol, this is what mostly everyone said when Steins;Gate aired.

R;N is a "Sequel" to steins;gate for using basically the same formula. Story wise it's not a "direct sequel", But how the story is told is basically the same.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 12, 2012 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
kaimax said:
_Saburo_ said:
Lol, this is what mostly everyone said when Steins;Gate aired.
I think at least S;G stunned people in the first episode by having a murder case happened, whereas in R;N nothing really extraordinary happened, and not just in 1st episode, but 2nd, 3rd, 4th... Actually I am fine with R;N as it is (although I also think it's a bit slow paced) but I can see why people get impatient.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2012 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Actually I am fine with R;N as it is (although I also think it's a bit slow paced) but I can see why people get impatient.

The "early" plot reveal to R;N, was that the Club members finally finished making the robot. Not that shocking when compared to S;G.

But all I can say is, R;N is "More than meets the eye"
(nah the robot doesn't transform, but you get what I mean)

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 12, 2012 12:30 PM
Jul 2011
Looks like things are about to get reeeeal interesting.. :)
Nov 13, 2012 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
OK, this one moved up in my estimation considerably with this episode! Some interesting plot lines brewing, big sis seems to be involved with the weirdness around Kai, and it was sooooo obvious that Aki was massively jealous of Kai and the karate girl going "on a date". LOL! (I think that Karate girl might be more interested in Aki...)
Nov 13, 2012 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
Yes, I liked this episode. Mostly because one of my favourite voice actors is voice acting as Airi. Also because the story is finally beginning to turn.
Nov 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, something is happening! So much story in this episode. I only want to hope that previous episodes contains some important tidbits that will make sense after watching whole series.
Dec 11, 2012 12:56 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, this is starting to get real good. Finally, that mysterious girl is revealed. Kaito found "Airi", a secret AI data terminal. Only visible using an Augmented-Reality application.

Just as CERN a.k.a. "SERN" was a fictional organization involved in a conspiracy in a certain show, so is NASA for Robotics;Notes, huh. And that explains that weird red Aurora visible in R;N's Japan, of all places.
Jan 28, 2013 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
LOL...now it's NASA doing the conspiracies!
Mar 9, 2013 2:00 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect Airi to be Interface, but I guess one shouldn't expect real ghosts in this universe. It's good that way actually. And yeah - she's really cute, too bad she's just an interface :D

kenshin_sama said:
I find it really hard to believe that this is just episode 5 out of 22. The potential this anime holds so far is phenomenal!

My thoughts exactly. Every single episode is so full!

The incidents get kinda explained so early on, whow.
Plot thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickens.
Apr 27, 2013 9:27 PM

Apr 2013
Excuse me... I'm sorry if this OOT or repost. But does anyone know music used in this episode in about 9:56 when Subaru stated "I AM MR. PLEIADES!" but the interviewer was gone already?

I searched it on the OST but it seems it has different style than the entire music on OST album

Thx...
May 18, 2013 4:26 AM

May 2012
Oh boy! I thought this series would have a bit of supernatural but it seems it just was an AI which still is VERY interesting! The development of both character and story sure has been going good! The extra story that they're creating now with the sun nearing it's explosion makes it more and more interesting! In the end it seems everyone is connected! So lets see what's next.
Sep 23, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The episode gave what everyone expects, or a clue about the true story that seems to be paranoid-style with elements of international conspiracy, no other. To make it even more interesting, it also puts the script that shows something else. A certain pathos, I for my part, I've warned you. Very nice design, the contexts used to describe situations, are pleasing to the eye, I like the use of existing locations, or at least I think, I have not investigated this thing. Vote more than deserved!
Feb 6, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
Was getting rather bored, i had set the bar at episode 6 before i dropped or just put on hold for awhile, thinking I made the right choice..for now. Pretty interesting so far, will continue ;)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 31, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
Well, the ghost everyone has been talking about turns out to be an.. AI that only devices can see? Looks like Kaito is being looked into by people too.

Also, more inspirational glasses stuff woop.

Aug 30, 2014 1:07 AM

Sep 2011
Some interesting information in this episode.
Jul 29, 2015 3:39 AM
Dec 2011
kaito found something major ... i wonder what will happen next... akiho cant impress the candy man and finally showing jealousy toward kai and junna which was adorable :3
Aug 4, 2015 8:36 PM

Feb 2015
There's a song that I cannot get out of my head that happens on this episode, when Airi turns into Sister Centipede and explains (which happens at around 13-14mins).

Then in the next episode it appears again, but elongated, when the drug store owner talks about Airi (around 5-6mins).

I've tried to look in the OST (tried 3 whole times!!!!) but no such luck. If anyone may know what this song is and where I can find it, please help me!! I need this song so badly!!
Jan 2, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2015
TomDay said:
There's a song that I cannot get out of my head that happens on this episode, when Airi turns into Sister Centipede and explains (which happens at around 13-14mins).

Then in the next episode it appears again, but elongated, when the drug store owner talks about Airi (around 5-6mins).

I've tried to look in the OST (tried 3 whole times!!!!) but no such luck. If anyone may know what this song is and where I can find it, please help me!! I need this song so badly!!

I know this is old, but
Jun 28, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Random thoughts while watching the episode in chronological order
-The bit about the newspaper coming to interview the runner-ups made me wonder how Hidaka could keep his identity a secret so well. Maybe the registration processes for stuff like ROBO-ONE are just really lax or something.
-Come to think of it, who is Akiho imitating when she pulls out the glasses? I don't remember her sister wearing glasses and that's who I was assuming before now.
-It's kind of interesting how they even use real urban legends like The Buzzer, although I was expecting this show to be about robotics.
-The scene with the newspaper reporters in the hangar was really weird because didn't Hidaka just confirm his identity as Mr. Pleiades to the reporters? Are the reporters just that oblivious?
-The scene where Kaito shows up at the Senomiya residence made me wonder again how they met
- From the moment that I saw the scene inside the abandoned house I knew for certain that this show is not gonna be about robotics.
-The whole NASA conspiracy thing seemed kind of contrived, although I suppose it's been foreshadowed with how prominent and consistent the auroras have been in previous episodes.
-Seems like Mizuka has tons of connections for a simple shopkeeper.

I don't remember the previous episodes having this much stuff to react to. Not sure where the diversion from robotics (presumably) is going but I'll wait and see before judging it. Also, the ED theme is growing on me.
ThreePercentJun 28, 2016 2:12 PM
Dec 6, 2016 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
Good episode...I feel like I missed a few things though. I may need to go back and rewatch it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 20, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2013
Into episode 5 and we've got some conspiracies and mystery and an end of world scenario ...
This is going to be good.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.