Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you miss animated Haruhi and want a new season ?
Nov 4, 2012 6:27 AM
Jul 2012
Just wanted to check out if people would like to have a new season. ^^
Nov 4, 2012 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
I would like to see how are they going to animate the
Nov 4, 2012 6:43 AM
Jul 2012
lionheart04 said:
I would like to see how are they going to animate the

and 11
Nov 5, 2012 6:12 AM

May 2012
YES

Unfortunately, KyoAni LOVES to throw away present franchises in favor of new ones such as Chuunibyou which is more or less a ripoff of Haruhi. (I'm still waiting on my sequel to Full Metal Panic)

Endless Eight and Aya Hirano's promiscuity may have hurt the anime's future but "Disappearance" was just such an amazing film that it would be retarded to ditch the franchise!
Nov 5, 2012 6:15 AM

Sep 2011
kyo ani makes to much money off this series to drop it

though i will be pissed if haruhi is continued before FMP is finished, i mean the god damn source material has been complete for 2 and a half god damn years now, why wont they just animate it already

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2012 6:31 AM
Jan 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

though i will be pissed if haruhi is continued before FMP is finished, i mean the god damn source material has been complete for 2 and a half god damn years now, why wont they just animate it already

From what I've heard, the anime didn't actually do particularly well in Japan. A new season is very unlikely to happen.
Nov 24, 2012 3:32 PM

May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

THISTHISTHISTHIS SO MUCH THIS!

If KyoAni would just get off the moe-bandwagon for a bit and give us new seasons of FMP and Haruhi i would be so happy!

Seriously, every big-budget anime they do nowadays are the same: Some kid meets weird girl in high school and crazy slice-of-life shit happens! Only problem is that they are no where near as interesting or imaginative as Haruhi...
Dec 22, 2012 6:43 PM

May 2009
Just finished re-watching both seasons after a long time, and my answer is: YES! I frigging love this show. There was a 3-year gap between the first and second season, and the movie came out in February 2010. I think it's about time they started working on that third season. I mean, there's so much material to work with, and the franchise is huge in Japan. I see no reason why they should take such long breaks.
Dec 22, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
sigh* Still waiting for them adapt the rest of the series.
Dec 22, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
Haruhi is one of the few franchises I'd go out of my way to watch while it's airing..so, yes, of course I'd like another season.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 23, 2012 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
DO.WANT.MORE Haruhi
Dec 23, 2012 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
The last thing they animated was by far the best, so absolutely.
Dec 23, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Hell yeah, I would watch more seasons of Haruhi. I really liked the first season, and what got me to read the light novels in the first place (and one of the few I'm actually willing to read). Bring 'em all on, KyoAni's treated this series well.
Dec 23, 2012 8:53 AM

May 2012
neontaster said:
The last thing they animated was by far the best, so absolutely.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 28, 2012 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
IcecreamManwich said:
YES

Unfortunately, KyoAni LOVES to throw away present franchises in favor of new ones such as Chuunibyou which is more or less a ripoff of Haruhi. (I'm still waiting on my sequel to Full Metal Panic)

Endless Eight and Aya Hirano's promiscuity may have hurt the anime's future but "Disappearance" was just such an amazing film that it would be retarded to ditch the franchise!

I think Aya Hirano's voice for Haruhi can be pretty easily imitated... I really don't think replacing her would be a big problem.

Placing risky stuff like Nichijou and Hyouka, which were both failures, before Haruhi is a shame. Wish they would realize that THEY MUST ANIMATE HARUHI AND FMP
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 28, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
Mirager said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

From what I've heard, the anime didn't actually do particularly well in Japan. A new season is very unlikely to happen.
then you are getting some pretty un-credilbe info, the movie in particular was a cash goldmine

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Feb 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mirager said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

then you are getting some pretty un-credilbe info, the movie in particular was a cash goldmine

They were talking about Full Metal Panic!, not Haruhi...
Dec 30, 2012 9:34 AM
Jul 2012
GodlyKyon said:
I think Aya Hirano's voice for Haruhi can be pretty easily imitated... I really don't think replacing her would be a big problem.

Speaking of that, http://myanimelist.net/people/16651/Mariko_Nakatsu , has a voice that's REALLY close to Aya Hirano's. (but less violent xD)
Apr 20, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-19/kyoto-animation-to-unveil-new-anime-next-friday

Could KyoAni's next anime be more Haruhi?! FULL METAL PANIC?!

If it's any of those two i'll be all like
Apr 20, 2013 8:37 AM

Jun 2012
I think Haruhi is a masterpiece of an anime and the light novels derserv to be animated.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Apr 20, 2013 9:05 AM

Jul 2011
SteampunkDalek said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-19/kyoto-animation-to-unveil-new-anime-next-friday

would be awesome
Apr 20, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2009
Yes, it's not like Aya Hirano not being able to voice her anymore is a problem either.

How many people thought that the Seiyuu who voiced Nanami in Sakurasou sounded really similar?

I reckon she could be cast in the role very easily and we could finally have another season of this. I don't understand KyoAni's apprehension, I mean isn't this series practically a religion for some people in Japan? XD
Apr 20, 2013 9:52 AM
Jul 2012
New va of haruhi wouldn't be right.
Apr 20, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
SteampunkDalek said:

probably just something new, cause that silouete doesn't look like either haruhi or FMP

Kipcha said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Mirager said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

They were talking about Full Metal Panic!, not Haruhi...
yah i went full on retard there

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 3, 2013 7:31 AM
Feb 2012
Lets be honest - has anyone who actually READ the last 5 light novels wanted a sequel to the anime? I think Kyoani quit at just the right time. The series has been spinning it's wheels for years now and the last LN's are far too talky to be adapted in the slavish way they adapted the rest. They'll either try to tighten the story and piss off the hardcore fans or include the countless pages of internal monologue and philosophical mumbo-jumbo that bogged down the latter novels and annoy everyone else. No-win situation.

Besides, would any teenager want to revisit a 8 year-old series just to be able to follow a series that has no end in sight? No way.
Jul 4, 2013 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
I miss it everyday :(

Okay not everyday but I wish for more.
Jul 11, 2013 4:17 AM

Jul 2009
Scandal or not, I still want Aya Hirano to voice Haruhi. I do not care about the seiyuu's personal life, as long as she brings life to the character, like she once did. She's a good voice actor and needs to be in this. I've already suffered enough with the voice change on Genshiken... Oh, and yay for more Haruhi. Been waiting too long already.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Sep 23, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
Fuck I'm still waiting, It's been a long time since I've watched a good Comedy/Slice of life anime, Haruhi is one of the few which I truly enjoyed.
Sep 23, 2013 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
Not really.
Oct 18, 2013 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
I somewhat enjoyed partially the first season. Second season wasn't that interesting but, yeah, the movie was a masterpiece. All in all, I hope we get another season sooner rather than later, but only if it's as good as the movie.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Oct 18, 2013 5:04 AM
Aug 2011
As a guy who sat through the whole endless eight and somehow liked it, I would love it.
Oct 18, 2013 5:06 AM
Aug 2011
SteampunkDalek said:

Did this one turn out to be Free? You should be damned.
Jan 26, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
:(
Dec 28, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
Sweet baby Jesus I miss the Haruhi series.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite."(Steins;Gate)

Dec 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Dec 2014
I only watch cuz of Kyon :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2015 12:45 PM
Oct 2011
I really liked the show but to be honest... NO, the anime in some way was so problematic and some of their characters were annoying as hell, however I think all the novel deserve to be produced in movies, like the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya, I would watch tho...
Jul 20, 2016 12:43 PM
Aug 2012
This image make me sad, because s3 never.

Aug 9, 2016 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
I guess it will never continued, because it's a good series, not a faking ecchi trash. RIP Haruhi, RIP Spiece and Wolf, and I can continue the line. The suffer never ends...
Aug 20, 2016 6:23 PM

Sep 2009
We just have to wait for Tanigawa to continue writing the story so that there's stuff to promote.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Apr 22, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2012
Hunter562 said:

That pic seriously hurt my kokoro! :(

Still waiting for the rest of the LN to be animated as movies or as a new season (more movies would be awesome).

But in our normal, boring and Haruhiless world, it seems it will never happen... :(

I've been postponing the reading of the novels (i have all of them phisically, only read until the Disappearance) but after rewatched all the anime and movie in chronological order once again, I can't bear the temptation to read them.
MirshoApr 22, 2017 8:37 PM
Dec 27, 2022 6:58 AM

May 2020
Hunter562 said:

I know it's a old message but damn this is a good ass pic right here

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.