Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 28, 2012 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
"EVERYONE HAS SCARS."
so relevant it almost hurts.

but i didn't really like when mei stood up for aiko.
if i was aiko i would be insanely annoyed by it.

and yamato just seems to get more and more handsome.
Dec 30, 2012 12:25 PM

Oct 2011
It's kind of strange that almost every girl there fucks around like it's nothing. I mean, in other animes almost everyone is really pure and even a kiss is something really, really special that most of the girls didn't have yet or so which is also very exaggerated but honestly, almost every girl introduced to us seems like a real slut except for Mei and Asami and maybe the classmates that were asked where Mei is.

But really, every other girl seems like going straight at it, going at love hotels, having one night stands or the other girl who does it with this Hayekawa guy from time to time was introduced having a boyfriend.. seriously, what's wrong with all of them? xD
Dec 31, 2012 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
The hand kissing at the end was really cute.
Jan 17, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
okay that guy was a serious d**k but it was nice to see Mei just delete his number and walk off, and to get a punch from Yamato was a bonus, it also showed to me that he was more serious than what i thought, sometimes it felt like she was more of a project? Like he was just trying to get her to not be shy and make friends...
Jan 25, 2013 1:19 AM

Jul 2008
nice hit yamato! >:D
Feb 1, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this series yet...

I have liked watching Mei transform (though I still don't know if I really like her,) but Yamato is a pretty flat and boring character so far. Their relationship is odd, stilted and unrealistic. I like Asami, I guess, but she's pretty much barely background noise now. Almost every character other than the leads are one-dimensional jerks.

Also, this episode was pretty meh. We'll see how long this can hold my attention.
jackitsuFeb 1, 2013 3:07 AM
Feb 3, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2011
I laughed so fucking hard when both Mei and Yamato told that guy to get the fuck off in their own way. Mei just deleting his entry in her phone and saying she doesn't need friends like him was priceless :D
I also liked how she stood up for herself both against Aiko and that disgusting guy (I would have ripped his balls off for touching and pushing over Mei like that).
The ending with the hand kissing was cute :)

Btw, I hope this won't always be about somebody trying to ruin the relationship. And I also hope Aiko is really gonna stop trying to take Yamato for herself.
Mar 3, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
Well that slap at the beginning was.... unexpected!
Mar 7, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
lol that bitch got ounched he so deserved it!!! and mei shouldn't have befriended aiko i still think she's a slutty bitch
Mar 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
A lot of great moments in this ep, deleting his number in front of his face, the punch, mei standing up. I especially liked how true her words were at the end, "we all have our scars from loving someone too deeply."
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 14, 2013 7:31 AM
Jul 2018

Hayakawa is just jealous of Yamato's popularity. HAHA.
Jun 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
Lately, I've been watching a lot of different animes with sexual innuendo as a topic of sorts. It wasn't too terribly long ago I graduated high school, and the high schools around where I went each had their fair share of pimps and whores, but not nearly on the level that the animes I've seen have portrayed. It makes me wonder if Japanese school life is that filled with sexual activity, why is their population decreasing, and most people (under 40) are not married and/or not looking to be married. I rarely care about statistics but meh...it just seems like almost every girl in this one is just out for lust

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 9, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2011
jackitsu said:
I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this series yet...

I have liked watching Mei transform (though I still don't know if I really like her,) but Yamato is a pretty flat and boring character so far. Their relationship is odd, stilted and unrealistic. I like Asami, I guess, but she's pretty much barely background noise now. Almost every character other than the leads are one-dimensional jerks.

Also, this episode was pretty meh. We'll see how long this can hold my attention.

Pretty much this.
Oct 22, 2013 4:27 AM

Dec 2012
I fucking hate that guy and I am so glad Yamato decked him in the face! :D
He and Mei and so adorable together :) Makes me really happy to watch!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Oct 27, 2013 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
Wow this show has so much drama. All the girls besides Mei and Asamicchi just want the D all the time, and all the guys besides Yamato and the other guy are just playboys. It is worse than Degrassi.

Also, from past episodes. Asamicchi told Mei she liked Yamato, but knew that it wouldn't work out. But she still starts dating the other guy like the same episode.

Also the fact that basically EVERY girl likes Yamato is pretty annoying.
Dec 7, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2012
I love Mei's reaction to that guy she had dinner with in the restaurant. Ranting and raving may get a reaction but just deleting his number and walking out with her dignity intact is way more effective.

It was a cute episode, although I was hoping for something more from Aiko, I thought she and Mister Smacker might join forces but he's clearly got too much hatred for Yamato for that to happen. And where has Asami got to, I'm missing seeing her character. I guess her main part to play might be over but it would be nice if she popped up again.
Jan 9, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2012
Awesome episode it's good that they went the right path and not the path that destroyed school days! Well this episode sure was good and interesting so let's see what's next!
Jan 24, 2014 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Love the bracelet!
Mar 9, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
srsly good shiet
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 30, 2014 1:54 AM

Jan 2014
so this mihiro girl is slut who already has a boyfriend but cheats on on him...poor guy
and now this hayakawa guy wanna do mei? what an asshole

DeadZeroSourceMar 30, 2014 2:11 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 25, 2014 10:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mei like a boss deletes Hayakawa's number and leaves. Serves him right for being a jerk.

Mei kissing Yamato's hand was very touching. She seems to have opened a bit more compared to the first episode.

Aug 5, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
Mei is amazing. The ending got me on a feels trip! So much fluff!
Sep 3, 2014 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
Symbol of love !!
Friends . there many different kinds of it . including "friends with benefits" things .
This Teens ... are so messed up . (excluding the main and the side e.g. asami .)
Its obvious that he has a ulterior motive for meeting mei in that set up . jerk is on the provokes .
Well done mei !! you just literally cut your connections for further sake of a good future !!
Let the rage out !! Punch for the punk !! .. "Mei is mine." I sense some yangire-like aura .
Truth be heard .
Mei was really honest in that one .. for the love that changes everything ~ .. sweet :)
Aiko understands her feelings now . that's good for the two .
"Idiots" of a feather flocks together .. such a lovable couple :D
Pretty great episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2014 4:43 AM

Jan 2014
That hand-kissing. So damn cute :3
Dec 15, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
That embrace at the end was so heartwarming.
Jan 7, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Oh damn, poor Aiko, she have the great achievement of having received pity sex from the one she loves xD
And when we think more about it, he started avoiding her after that, I can't imagine how she must have felt... ''Was I that bad?!'' x)

Yamato sure is someone enterprising and possessive. Well, I can understand being possessive about your girlfriend though. Especially when another guy try to get in her pants.

So what, they are officially in couple? That was kinda fast. Wonder on what they can devellope further. Maybe her trying to makes friends? Other girls trying to bully her? Dunno, will see.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 5, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
Like so many others, I cheered for Mei when she stood up to that creep. Then I cheered again when Yamato punched him. So much satisfaction. XD
Sep 9, 2015 4:14 AM

Feb 2015
All the students act like they're in university and not in high school... That's kind of first in a Shojo anime...

Gotta love that punch though!
Nov 27, 2015 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
I realize this is supposed to be a serious romance... but I can't help but laugh at these ridiculous situations.

Mei told off that jerkwad. Highlight of the episode.
Dec 12, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2012
This school is seriously f**ed up, I know it's a good thing to be realistic but come on this is too much..

and I really hates yamato attitude as "playboy" or whatever shit.. just die already ,, the only thing I liked in this episode: when Mei stood up for Aiko ;v; such a good gurl

also for some reason the last scene made me feel so uncomfortable.. I didn't like it =^=" do I have something wrong ?
Feb 21, 2016 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
goddammit, the characters are so annoying. don't dig the romance either. the only good thing about this anime is that it's so bad i want to rewatch some good shoujos. dropped.
Mar 7, 2016 7:54 AM

Jun 2010
Marhuto said:
One thing I don't get... Aiko wasn't that fat, why did she went on a slim fast?

She was more fat in manga.

And the episode was good. I hope Yamato will become more interesting. Right now he's just a nice guy who puts everyone's needs in front of his.
Loved the ending. I hope the relationship will become more intimate, but I doubt that'll happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
Someone better buy me that bracelet.
Anyone else just melt when she kissed his hand? :O
Jun 13, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2016
This is going to be way more dramatic than I thought....
Jul 12, 2016 12:26 AM

Feb 2015
gillbobjones said:
Isn't this the same story as the last few episodes? Pretty much

lol

Aversa said:

Hayakawa is a pretty unreliable guy that's the first thing i could tell from his behaviour he also seems to have little pride sleeping with everyone that comes along.

he actually probably deserves it, from all these virgins in high school anime. i won't blame the dude.

but this is a perfect time to explain what a man slut really is. i don't really like or hate yamoto so i'm in no way defending him like he's an angel, but look at the differences of him and hayakawa. kayakawa actually seems disgusting, not yamoto.

BridgeX said:

But the show is still lacking. I wonder how many times we'll see Mei leave somewhere early and Yamato running out to find her. It happens in every episode so far.

that i have to agree with. at the end of every episode so far there's always this almost harsh leaning on yamoto and mei. we still haven't been told why they are together, really.

wilcruz2 said:
that douchebag is just a really disgusting pig -___-"

and that girl he made plans to sleep with, but who already had a boyfriend, damn... bunch of sex-crazed filthy animals

teens acting like teens my mate :)

Mayuka said:

Now, visual problems I have. They usually don't bother me too much but yeah, just pointing it out.
- Everyone is skinny as a stick
- Yamato and Mei's hairstyles are bugging me
- Most of the male characters look like scumbags, including Yamato

let's not even mention that all of them basically look the same, save for yamoto. he looks like someone spent 30 months thinking and designing his character and everyone else was like 3 seconds. the colors are bland and dry as well. nice to see some sakuga in here, though. livened some things up.

-------
HOORAY FOR A STRONG FEMALE MC!!!!!!!
we finally have a main girl who isn't a bloody idiot, like hoshi from ride. hayakawa moved in so fast i actually laughed at his daring. he certainly has some freaking balls, wow lol.

but in actual seriousness i applauded mei when she deleted him. she may not be around people a lot but she's not stupid.

"You know he's a smacker?"

LOL. i thought i was the only one disturbed by how he was eating.

as for me, his daring was so sudden to me that if i was her i'd keep his number for sheer comedy relief. he really was so funny to me.

and again, yuki's voice is ever so easily found out by his voice. at least, hayakawa sounds a lot like him.
mei's awesomeness aside, i'm sorry but i still don't trust yamoto. his love for her is way too fast and i still think it's just a fling. in all legitimacy he really has had next to no reason to even be interested in her. she really is a boring person.

also he's only slept around once, take that you man whore name callers :P

but yeah. i like characters, they're ok, and the mature setting is nice, but the plot is going next to nowhere...i mean making characters like hayakawa so sex craved and forward they almost look like rapists is a new way for the plot i guess, but he was the only highlight of the show. take him out and no plot went anywhere.

TomDayJul 19, 2016 5:34 PM
Aug 22, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2015
Whoa, Mei is such a badass xD I do not recognize this girl xD
Aiko slept with Yamato... Ugh... Yuck...
I feel sorry for Aiko, but still, she is the character who I don't reaaly like xD

This cat is soo cute xD
Sep 10, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2013
Okay, Mei needs to seriously stop hitting Yamato just because she doesn't know how to deal with her embarrassment every time Yamato uses a smooth line on her to make her blush. No hitting boyfriend D:< I don't like that from girls. He didn't do anything wrong and even if he did, don't ever hit him.

Other than that, I appreciate her strength when it really counts. Esp when ppl who are full of shit be talking shit. And I also like how Yamato is very observant and understanding of Mei's character. He doesn't try to change her. Only understands the way she acts. It's quite lovely, actually. And he doesn't hide or try to lie his way out of anything and looks at her with honest, straightforward eyes.

I knew Aiko wasn't gonna try anything. She just needed confirmation that Yamato is in good hands and Mei proved that, so she backs off. Good.
Dec 18, 2017 3:10 PM

Dec 2016
Hayakawa is a jerk! Mei did right about deleting his contact >8(

Mei is open up little by little. So sweet <3 and that embrace was very cute and heartwarming =^v^=

Omg! I can't stop looking at that kitten X3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 18, 2019 3:45 AM

Aug 2017
Aiko is hot, of course Yamato has to hit it when the chance comes up. Should've had a kid too.

I don't like dramatic shoujo like this. It's too grown up. I don't like playboy Yamato either. Tachibana should be with a proper guy.

Hayakawa worst character so far.
Jul 13, 2019 2:39 PM

Jul 2014
Every time I watch one of these shows, I can't help but think about how douchey the main guy would sound if he talked the same way in the Anglosphere.
Mar 15, 2021 9:17 PM
Feb 2021
I like Tachibana's personality.
Apr 17, 2021 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
Damn this shows filled with loose bi***es and whores. Hate ones like these smh
Apr 17, 2021 10:13 PM
Mar 2014
SkyTate said:
Seriously... it's like most of the girls in this anime are sluts who sleep around with other guys even though they have boyfriends. And the guys are just players who sleep around. Though this is just my take on things so far...

On another note, it's great to see Mei standing up for Aiko and even rejecting Hayakawa's advances. So it looks like Yamato slept with Aiko to help her... but I feel it's just wrong.
I'm glad theirs someone out there who thought the same. This show has slags running around like its nothing
Apr 17, 2021 10:23 PM
Mar 2014
Stegz said:
itsvero said:
What is up with this school?! Why are they all sleeping with each other while being in a relationship with someone else?

Mei kicked some serious ass this episode though.
exactly my thought on the matter. High School of the loose out here
Apr 18, 2021 7:08 AM
Sep 2020
Laciie said:
I loved the episode :'D It effected me completely different from that of the manga. Especially that scene where Yamato got angry at Hayakawa for hitting on Mei. And the scene where Mei stands up for Aiko, it's completely different than the manga and it makes Hayakawa look like more of a jerk than he actually is.

I wonder if the Hayakawa 'arc' will be included in the anime. I would love it.

I think that Megumi's arc will probably be there too. We're already on chapter 9 of the manga in the anime.
fart wow i only watch naruto
Apr 6, 2023 8:52 AM
Jan 2020
such a rollarcoaster
Apr 21, 2023 5:04 AM

Feb 2019
I swear Mei is such a waifu material. Yamato will have to learn to treasure her if he's determined to be with her forever.

... But he needs to let go of his fvckboy habit for real because it's annoying af.

Feb 15, 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
A bit cringe. And how the hell the dude broke his hand with a single punch? Lmao
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.