Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
fdsfgs said:
Off topic but can someone explain what sakuga is?

Zeally said:
/facepalm of course the monk died...............
but i don't get it doesn't Saki like Shun
the fu k was that sex scene about lolol
wat a hoe

Different moral standards. Remember the library's explanation about the bonobos and their sexual activity? That's actually commonplace in their society.

oh so it's perfectly acceptable to be horny and have multiple partners and be hoe bags gottcha XD

Oct 27, 2012 12:34 PM
Apr 2012
Zeally said:
fdsfgs said:

Zeally said:
wat a hoe

Different moral standards. Remember the library's explanation about the bonobos and their sexual activity? That's actually commonplace in their society.

oh so it's perfectly acceptable to be horny and have multiple partners and be hoe bags gottcha XD

Not only is it acceptable, it's actually the norm. This all ties back into minimizing conflict and aggression so that bloody history doesn't repeat, and channeling aggressive tendencies into intimate sexual acts helps achieve this.

Well, that's what I got at least.
Oct 27, 2012 12:36 PM

Jun 2009
Zeally said:
fdsfgs said:

Zeally said:
wat a hoe

It's not that. They're pretty much genetically modified that way. (And their education may have suggested it to be healthy)

My grandparent visited southern China, and some of the tribal customs there are... very different...

Like those where male just relax, while their wives take care of the job and money.
Tribes where all woman have their own house, and a tribemen can just go to their house, and hang his hat at the door, then the woman is his for the night.

The above 2 examples... They're no joke.

Again, big world, different customs, especially those in mountain tribes that's cut off from the rest of the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2012 12:44 PM

Sep 2012
LeftWingGuerilla said:
fdsfgs said:

Literally means working drawing, but it is also a term used among animation fans to refer to animation, or more commonly, good animation.

Sakuga is a bit different from Animation. Animation is more about making the motion and action but sakuga also means the still scenes and how well or in-character they are drawn.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 27, 2012 12:51 PM
Sep 2011
Come on, the animation wasn't all that bad.

What about this part

Edit: use spoiler tags for oversize images
KinetaOct 29, 2012 1:07 AM
Oct 27, 2012 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
millo said:

4. why are the queerats helping them and then the queen try to eat the queerats and then saki somehow help the queerats and what happened next the cave starting to explode? oh yeah the gas, wtf forget it

The queerats were helping them, because of a war opposing their tribes and another, and they want Saki and Satoru to help them winning this, they don't know that Saki and Satoru can't use the Force anymore. Then, the queerats accidentally put the queen's tent in fire, she was upset and was going to kill him as a punishment. Saki told her to stop and she obeyed, probably because the queen needed Saki and Satoru so much that she really didn't want to displease them.
Oct 27, 2012 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
Wtf happened to everyones character. The animation dropped/they aged.

Sep 2012
millo said:

1. Did the monk died? how did saki got separated with the other kids??

Yes. As shown in the anime, they all tried to run separate way. Saki got tripped and fell. Satoru noticed that and ran to help her...
millo said:
2. Did saki and satoru had sex in the novel?????? Did they chose to toned down the sex in anime?? that sucks because i believe the novel author didn't make them have sex just for fanservice, but also to build the story!!!!

I wrote several posts about this earlier:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509423&show=40#msg17997255
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509423&show=40#msg17997299
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509423&show=40#msg17997417
millo said:
3. Did the boobs queen died?

No.
millo said:
4. why are the queerats helping them and then the queen try to eat the queerats and then saki somehow help the queerats and what happened next the cave starting to explode? oh yeah the gas, wtf forget it

The No.604 queerat is from another tribe and they are being attacked by a foreign tribe (which is the one that attacked the priest and the kids in the first place). The tribe which the No.604 queerat belongs to lives near human settlement (Saki's village) and they know human has power which can help them beat back the foreign tribe, so they helped Saki and Satoru to come to their nest.

The queen does not want to show herself to humans but the No.604 queerat accidentally exposes her to Saki and Satoru. In a rage the queen tried to kill the queerat. Saki felt sorry for the queert so plead for its life.

millo said:
5. Is there quality control in anime industry??? because... this... is.... just... so.... TRAUMATIZING!!

Accident like this can happen, but as I said in my earlier post:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=509423&show=140#msg18005541

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 2009
symbv said:
LeftWingGuerilla said:
fdsfgs said:

Literally means working drawing, but it is also a term used among animation fans to refer to animation, or more commonly, good animation.

Sakuga is a bit different from Animation. Animation is more about making the motion and action but sakuga also means the still scenes and how well or in-character they are drawn.

To my knowledge it's just another term for animation in general, it's nothing that specific. Personally, I prefer to use the term animation.

That aside, Shisekai Yori definitely doesn't have any scheduling issues. The trailer that was released since March already contained scenes up to this episode, and there are a couple of other scenes shown in various trailers that have yet to be aired in the anime.
Oct 27, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
deave112 said:
Come on, the animation wasn't all that bad.

What about this part

Edit: use spoiler tags for oversize images

So 3 minute of better drawn scene trumps all crap scene, unclear time progression, awkward facial expression, "telepathy" dialogs etc etc?

Did you watch Shinsekai Yori for the sex and only care about the quality there?

If so, may I suggest you some better quality Hentai?
KinetaOct 29, 2012 1:09 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
i must applaud you for how patient you are being, symbv (◡‿◡✿) considering that every single question that is being asked has already been explained

and wow pls put that hugeass screenshot under a spoiler pls
Oct 27, 2012 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
LeftWingGuerilla said:

To my knowledge it's just another term for animation in general, it's nothing that specific. Personally, I prefer to use the term animation.

Do you also use the word animation to describe the quality of still frames?

LeftWingGuerilla said:

That aside, Shisekai Yori definitely doesn't have any scheduling issues. The trailer that was released since March already contained scenes up to this episode, and there are a couple of other scenes shown in various trailers that have yet to be aired in the anime.

Not really. The trailer tells us nothing about the schedule. Some scenes can be made far in advance just for the trailers. We don't know when the rest of the episode were made. I am not saying that schedule is definitely an issue, but I also cannot rule out scheduling or resource issue either.
symbvOct 27, 2012 1:10 PM

Oct 27, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
walk said:
i must applaud you for how patient you are being, symbv (◡‿◡✿) considering that every single question that is being asked has already been explained

One thing I notice, very keenly, in MAL forum is that many people do not read old posts, at least not the posts that are not on the last page. Perhaps when people come to the thread there are already pages of posts and they don't have the patience? Anyway, I have some time at my hand now and since I happen to know a bit more about this novel I think I just might help out any person who has questions...

Oct 27, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
did i just saw some people said that the animation isn't that bad??

Seriously?
Oct 27, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2011
omg thanks @symbv and @SetsukoHara, that's pretty much answer my question since i dont want to rewatch the episode, haha
Oct 27, 2012 1:14 PM
Apr 2011
I don't understand why everyone is concerned about the animation (or lack thereof), sex (or lack thereof), and the monk (or lack thereof). Thought everything was pretty clear.
As to WHY they did it raises question but eh...it's been argued in the last 8 pages (i read them all yes).

I admit the episode was a bit confusing in terms of what was happening.

I imagine the gooey "Fake" starry sky in the end was actually the ass of the Queen-Q-rat and now she's going to tumble on top of them adding further insult. (just speculation)

This series is too golden to be dropped honestly.
Oct 27, 2012 1:15 PM
Jan 2011
millo said:

Seriously?

Alternative rather than bad. Just look at any of Yuasa Masaaki's work.
Oct 27, 2012 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
samforshort said:

I would call it bad if the consistency cannot be maintained to at least a certain level compared to what had been shown.

Oct 27, 2012 1:18 PM

Jul 2011
samforshort said:
millo said:

Seriously?

Well im a big fan of yuasa masaaki's work!!! he's even on my Favorite People list just look at my page, his work is a complete masterpiece work of art so surreal so beautiful so unique and awesome...

Please don't ever compare the art from this episode to yuasa masaaki's style.... it breaks my heart..
Oct 27, 2012 1:19 PM

Oct 2010
I realized the quality change too but didnt change the fact that i loved the ep.

My question is , are they gonna add the sex part in BDs or show us like it didnt happen(like in this ep)?

Also am i the only one shipiing for Maria X Saki?:P

Oct 27, 2012 1:21 PM

Sep 2012
yellowwolf said:

My question is , are they gonna add the sex part in BDs or show us like it didnt happen(like in this ep)?

Since the anime made it look as if Saki thought it somehow "wrong" at the end to engage in sex (which is not the case in novel), I doubt the sex will be added back in BDs.

Oct 27, 2012 1:33 PM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
yellowwolf said:

Since the anime made it look as if Saki thought it somehow "wrong" at the end to engage in sex (which is not the case in novel), I doubt the sex will be added back in BDs.

Thanks for the answer.

Imo they should've added the sex part(they didnt have to show in detail or etc ... just make us believe that they did it ) , that way the impact would be much greater. The story is intresting and shocking but could be much more better with that.

Oct 27, 2012 2:14 PM
Sep 2012
May I ask what the hell happened to the series? It was all going GREAT until this episode, and BAM! - weird animation/change in art style, nearly no plot at all compared to the previous episodes, expressionless characters and just in general it feels like I was watching a whole different series. Give me my Shin Sekai Yori back!!
Oct 27, 2012 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
satoru and saki are acting so strangely ! i was pretty sure she loved shun <.<;

they are really in shit damn xD

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 27, 2012 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
DwarfVader said:
May I ask what the hell happened to the series? It was all going GREAT until this episode, and BAM! - weird animation/change in art style, nearly no plot at all compared to the previous episodes, expressionless characters and just in general it feels like I was watching a whole different series. Give me my Shin Sekai Yori back!!

Basically a director with ego the size of Mount Everest decided that it's fun to add his own "style" in it.

We reacted badly, Japanese fans reacted far worse than we did.
Oct 27, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
I have a question. NOT asked or answered by anyone.

How the hell Satoru knew what this gas was? And the most important, how the hell did he know that it would explode if he'd throw torch.

And that were pipes in tunnels?

And in their times they don't have and don't know what is electricity or machines right?
Oct 27, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
cyb said:
satoru and saki are acting so strangely ! i was pretty sure she loved shun <.<;

they are really in shit damn xD

my thoughts exactly and despite that is in their "genetic" code and it is socially acceptable to have multiple partners in the shinsekai yori-universe, I felt like I was getting NTRed. Not to mention seeing little kids engaging in borderline sex kinda turns me off lol. It just feels really out of character for them to suddenly have the urge to have sex is where I'm getting at...... There was no sexual tension between the two. If anything it the story was leaning towards Shun x Saki. Yea definitely feel like I'm being NTRed.

zzzeallyOct 27, 2012 2:56 PM

Oct 27, 2012 3:07 PM
Jan 2011
Iwans18 said:

Pretty sure those were organic...
Oct 27, 2012 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't even notice a difference at all.. .. . ._.

But great episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oct 27, 2012 3:15 PM

Jun 2009
GlaringDream said:
I didn't even notice a difference at all.. .. . ._.

But great episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.

You need glasses?

Or maybe you need a right hemisphere brain scan?
Oct 27, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2012
Iwans18 said:

How the hell Satoru knew what this gas was? And the most important, how the hell did he know that it would explode if he'd throw torch.

I'm not sure, but it seems this gas was used by the queerats, if they know how to use it, I'm not surprised Satoru know what it is.
Oct 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
there was definitely an drop in quality of the animation but certainly didn't render it unwatchable.......
I just felt like I was being NTRed and weirded out by kids engaging in spontaneous borderline sex acts.......even though the social standards of the Shinsekai yori world is different. Just can't get over it........ The queerrats (lol still can't over that either) probably have a bigger role in the story than it was actually suggested

Oct 27, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
Like everyone has said, I really hated the art of this episode. It wasn't just the art style, but a lot of scenes (like the arms and faces) just were badly drawn.

I hope none of the other episodes don't go through this terrible animation like ep. 5. Other than that, this episode was fairly good. I really like Satoru in this episode. If it wasn't for him, Saki and him would be dead by now. Or at least still held as hostages.

I just don't understand the ending entirely. Can someone explain it to me?
Oct 27, 2012 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Iwans18 said:

gee isn't it kinda obvious that purple gas is something bad?
If i saw purple gas I wouldn't take a wiff of it just to see what it is lol

Oct 27, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
Zeally said:
there was definitely an drop in quality of the animation but certainly didn't render it unwatchable.......
I just felt like I was being NTRed and weirded out by kids engaging in spontaneous borderline sex acts.......even though the social standards of the Shinsekai yori world is different. Just can't get over it........ The queerrats (lol still can't over that either) probably have a bigger role in the story than it was actually suggested

They seem pretty important to me since they were introduced.

Kept away from kids, worshiping humans as god... branded...

It almost reminded me of Slave Empire... and those queerats are the slaves...

kaykenner54 said:
Like everyone has said, I really hated the art of this episode. It wasn't just the art style, but a lot of scenes (like the arms and faces) just were badly drawn.

I hope none of the other episodes don't go through this terrible animation like ep. 5. Other than that, this episode was fairly good. I really like Satoru in this episode. If it wasn't for him, Saki and him would be dead by now. Or at least still held as hostages.

I donno what happened myself (Seem like Saki was drowned inside a pool of goo)
Oct 27, 2012 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
kaykenner54 said:

not sure myself but I think the so called "starry sky" was actually the queen or something else that was going to collapse on them. (A Faux sky lol) Didn't really get a good look since the animation was horrid.

Oct 27, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2012
Iwans18 said:

Well....

Iwans18 said:

And in their times they don't have and don't know what is electricity or machines right?

Electricity does exist but is only used in very limited area. The music of "From the New World" that calls everyone to return is played by machine powered by electricity.

Oct 27, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
Iwans18 said:

Well....

Ahhh... So that's what the Japanese fans meant by

Sep 2012
Zeally said:
kaykenner54 said:

not sure myself but I think the so called "starry sky" was actually the queen or something else that was going to collapse on them. (A Faux sky lol) Didn't really get a good look since the animation was horrid.

Sep 2012
zorapup said:
I don't understand why everyone is concerned about the animation (or lack thereof), sex (or lack thereof), and the monk (or lack thereof). Thought everything was pretty clear.

A lot of things happened during this episode, the art and animation were so different from the previous episode that it probably distracted a lot of viewers. That's why they weren't able to pay attention to many subtle details.
Oct 27, 2012 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
The Shinsekai Yori world use to be a more advanced world right??, but they kinda went backwards into the dark ages for a while and now are slowly advancing forward again so I wouldn't be surprised if they still had remnants of the "old" technology including electricity.

Oct 27, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
Zeally said:

I just felt like I was being NTRed and weirded out by kids engaging in spontaneous borderline sex acts.......

I also felt the same, they could have hinted it a bit more during the first three episodes. Only the library talked about their sexual behaviour in episode 4, but it was never shown nor really hinted before that, so it felt as if this scene came out of nowhere.
Oct 27, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:

I also felt the same, they could have hinted it a bit more during the first three episodes. Only the library talked about their sexual behaviour in episode 4, but it was never shown nor really hinted before that, so it felt as if this scene came out of nowhere.

I guess the production staff think that if they show the sex before even the library's explanation, people would freak out even more because they would see those sex without knowing the reason behind.

Oct 27, 2012 3:41 PM
Jan 2012
I actually liked the older looking character designs.

The animation was horrid though. The scenes didn't flow well at all. There was awkwardly drawn/animated scenes, weird ass smiles, and in scenes like the "almost sex scene" and the part at the beginning, it was hard to tell what was happening even and you couldn't watch it without being 'pulled out' of the show and noticing how bad it was. That's not just bad art/animation but generally bad directing of the episode.
Oct 27, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
SetsukoHara said:

I guess the production staff think that if they show the sex before even the library's explanation, people would freak out even more because they would see those sex without knowing the reason behind.

Yeah, that's true!
Oct 27, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2012
symbv said:
Zeally said:
kaykenner54 said:

Is "they" good or bad?
Oct 27, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
kaykenner54 said:
symbv said:

Is "they" good or bad?

Oct 27, 2012 3:52 PM
Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
zorapup said:

A lot of things happened during this episode, the art and animation were so different from the previous episode that it probably distracted a lot of viewers. That's why they weren't able to pay attention to many subtle details.

I suppose a change in any aspect throws a loop for most people.
SetsukoHara said:

symbv said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah, that's true!

I like that explanation too!
Oct 27, 2012 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Zeally said:

I just felt like I was being NTRed and weirded out by kids engaging in spontaneous borderline sex acts.......

yea if anything the first few episodes was shipping towards a Shun x Saki relationship and it felt way out of line that there was a Saki x Satoru scene and it wasn't just flirting...... <_<....................Yea i understand that there was the "library" scene that kinda explained this but....... still ._.

Oct 27, 2012 4:00 PM

Jun 2009
Zeally said:
SetsukoHara said:
Zeally said:

yea if anything the first few episodes was shipping towards a Shun x Saki relationship and it felt way out of line that there was a Saki x Satoru scene and it wasn't just flirting...... <_<....................Yea i understand that there was the "library" scene that kinda explained this but....... still ._.

If you're uncomfortable with different culture/society....

avoid Southern China, some Island Nation, Eskimos...

Oh yeah, Japan too, they have bath house where family bath together. Heck, i even seen picture of a whole class of University Student take picture together in a public bath.(naked btw)

EDIT: Am I the only one who's not bothered by the supposed sex-scene? I've pretty much "accepted" the fact that they're "programmed" to be like bonobos.

heck, after listening to what the "library" said, I won't be surprise even if Maria jump Saki in the future. They seem rather close since episode 1, and the flash back of Maria hugging her from behind when Saki heard "immature individual of the same sex".
AirStylesOct 27, 2012 4:08 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.