Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
oh god...the art...i kept staring at nagi´s and the other characters' ballon head....thaat and hinagiku´s sleeping face...WTH!
letting the art aside...

i actually felt the same laugther inside my head when ruri asked, what manga should i read first?
god, how have i enjoyed taking normal people that cared about studing and making usefull things into otakus after hearing that question XD

and yeah, otakus can discuse that way, actually, we do it all the time, and its always fun to do so, comparing plots, art, enjoyment its really nice

and i hope i could say the same about games anime and manga like nagi, only after completing them you can really call them crap, but i disagree...some are just crap since the begining, and some get worst, but well, there aren't that many actually XD

this kinda silly things are the why i love hayate no gotoku(tou i prefer the manga)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 24, 2012 6:34 PM

May 2012
Guys, I know things are a bit slow now, but I have a feeling it will get interesting really soon. Just give it some time. They are building up the plot little by little.

Hayate no Gotoku as a whole changed a lot over time. The classic "happy-go-lucky" period, full of parodies and craziness ended a LONG time ago. You can't expect the series to be the same it was 3 or 5 years ago. Things changed. Comedy isn't the main thing anymore. You may or may not like that, but that's how it is. It has been like this ever since the driving plot behind the series was presented to the manga readers a few years ago.

And now, it's time for the anime fans to experience that transition.

They actually seem to be warming up for something even bigger. This not the whole thing. At least not yet, so have a little bit of faith on the production staff.

Chances are that this turns to be as important as the Golden Week arc.

And if you remember well, even the Athena saga was full of fillers. Just saying.
JPblueserOct 24, 2012 6:51 PM
Oct 24, 2012 7:10 PM

Dec 2010
JPblueser said:

Ya......not happening, let me tell you something from someone who has clearly seen more anime than you, many series "build up things" that doesn't mean it ends up being good, many times its a lame reveal and the whole series was wasted to build it up, fact of the matter is that this season is a failure in both animation and story compared to the previous two, to even say this compares to the Athena arc is insulting.
Oct 24, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
JPblueser said:

Ya......not happening, let me tell you something from someone who has clearly seen more anime than you, many series "build up things" that doesn't mean it ends up being good, many times its a lame reveal and the whole series was wasted to build it up, fact of the matter is that this season is a failure in both animation and story compared to the previous two, to even say this compares to the Athena arc is insulting.

I said COULD be.
And yeah. You are right. I barely watched 10 animes or so. =)

But one thing.The name "Black Camellia" alone leaves me on alert mode.
Why? Because that "thing" IS part of the Athena saga.
Oct 24, 2012 7:35 PM

May 2011
This episode kinda bores me.

But I'm still glad I got some joke about anime & manga struggle there.
Oct 24, 2012 7:38 PM

May 2011
katsu044 said:
trying to enjoy this i really am..

Yeah, I know how you feel there.
Oct 24, 2012 7:51 PM
Mar 2012
It seems some people still thinks Hayate is gonna be comedy, after the Golden Week arc the comedy has toned down a lot in the manga itself..

Probably it's better do drop this if you're expecting comedy..
Oct 24, 2012 8:09 PM
May 2009
lol Kayura is getting more time here than in the manga
Oct 24, 2012 9:34 PM
Dec 2007
melina_putri said:
It seems some people still thinks Hayate is gonna be comedy, after the Golden Week arc the comedy has toned down a lot in the manga itself..

No, I think a lot of people that came from season 2 already knew that, because season 2 already focused a lot on the romance side and the struggle between Nishizawa, Hinagiku and Nagi for Hayate's attention. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're mad because it's just not delivering... in any front.

Oct 24, 2012 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
melina_putri said:

That may be true but the transition was a bit slow. Poor anime only watchers will be suddenly hit by Hata's writing quality pre and post Golden Week arc so I can understand their frustration.

Hell Im not sure if I can even blame Hata for this, the current manga content is WAAAY better than this right now. This is pretty much pre-hiatus levels of bad. Which reminds me why DID Hata take a break from the manga? And how come when he resumed it things suddenly got better?
Oct 24, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2012
Just Watching It As Another Thursday Anime
Oct 25, 2012 3:21 AM

Jan 2011
SilentTruth said:
katsu044 said:
trying to enjoy this i really am..

Yeah, I know how you feel there.
guess the first one was a misquote lol,i can't imagine how long running fans of this feel while watching it.
Oct 25, 2012 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
This entire episode = the anime community in a nutshell.
Oct 25, 2012 4:34 AM

Sep 2009
Eh...I'm enjoying this for what it is. The art doesn't bother me one bit.
Oct 25, 2012 5:56 AM
Jan 2012
Better than the last episode. first half was somehow awful but the later half was pretty amusing. Art doesn't bother me much it's the jokes that are bothersome because it's not very good as the previous hayate anime and manga.

Still going to watch till it end, I'm a hayate no gotoku fan.
Oct 25, 2012 6:00 AM
Sep 2012
First ep I actually enjoyed in S3.

Good to see Wataru.
Oct 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wait... that was good.

Nilvius said:

I knew I would find an image like that here after watching that scene. lol Hata really know how anime fans are.
Oct 25, 2012 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
This was actually a good episode, and, if you have noticed, character design is changed a little.

When they said ''first manga'',I started smiling.
Oct 25, 2012 7:12 AM

May 2008
Nagi just pwned all the people that rates the show based on the first few episodes lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 25, 2012 10:10 AM
Jan 2011
I wonder if the Hayate X Hinagiku arc is still possible?

I wonder where the hell does Tsugumi get her money?
Nasty001Oct 25, 2012 10:42 AM
Oct 25, 2012 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
aww~ Tsugumi is so cute :3

anyway.. who's the singer that keeps appearing in the show and talks about random stuffs?
Oct 25, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode. Ruri fit perfectly as Nagi's sister. The proof is the manga she chose at the end.
Oct 25, 2012 1:50 PM

May 2011
Damn, they spoiled a few animes in this episode. I kinda wtf'd at it, but thankfully I watched one of them and don't remember the other titles they brought up. :P

Nilvius said:

Too fucking true lol.
Oct 25, 2012 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this episode, maybe because of the Dragon Quest ad Ys references. Preety funny as well.

I the animation as not bad as it was last week so it didn't distract me. The interlude was funny, I'm glad to see Sakuya back.

Oct 25, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2010
I feel like this show was making fun of me.
Oct 26, 2012 3:29 AM

Nov 2009
that was quite good.
but I don't really know all about old anime manga stuff so I don't

at least Hayate mentioned Madoka Magica and Pinky Momo - the only ones I know from that many references. kinda makes me feel better... haha
artists have the power of imagination, and the ability to unleash it!
Oct 26, 2012 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
Funny Episode.
Those spoilers about serie'ss ends...

Pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza
Oct 26, 2012 11:00 AM

Jun 2010
Nilvius said:

I'm going to be incredibly original and agree. Although I do not know what 4chan is.

I'm surprised how people bash this anime so much... I guess for you out there the art is very important huh. For me it's just "good art, all the better, worse art - shut up and enjoy the comedy and the story". And I expect a nice story in this one.

Also, no Hinagiku this episode. I wish so hard for the previous (fanservice filler) episode to have been her only appearance in the season. So far it doesn't seem like she's going to get involved in the story, great!
Oct 26, 2012 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
eworm said:
the art is very important huh. For me it's just "good art, all the better, worse art - shut up and enjoy the comedy and the story". And I expect a nice story in this one.

Of course it is very important. Anime is after all a medium built on its visuals. Good art can drastically enhance or diminish the atmosphere that accompanies the story or jokes. For good examples of art enhancing the scenes, see 5cm/s or any Makoto Shinkai's works or for bad examples, look at what's been done with Minami-ke S2.

Besides, for me, part of the disappointing thing about this series is not so much about the art itself, but that studio Manglobe can and has been shown to be able to do better, e.g. Kami nomi zo has pretty good art.
Oct 27, 2012 6:45 AM

May 2012
"Whether it's a video game, anime, or manga, I'll only rate it after I've played, watched, or read the entire thing!" - lol, a lot of MAL users needs to learn from nagi
Oct 27, 2012 7:14 AM

Jan 2008
teyorya said:
"Whether it's a video game, anime, or manga, I'll only rate it after I've played, watched, or read the entire thing!" - lol, a lot of MAL users needs to learn from nagi

Agreed . Nagi shall pwn them all !

but honestly , the story is quite slow paced for a 12 episode anime .they should speed this up in the next episodes .

And that 'kurotsubaki' is a sword right ?
Oct 27, 2012 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, I really enjoyed this one.
I don't really have a lot to say, but I wonder what Tsugumi's motive is. And I want to know who the girl at the ending of the second season was, but we probably won't get to that in this season.
kenshin_sama said:
Damn, they spoiled a few animes in this episode. I kinda wtf'd at it, but thankfully I watched one of them and don't remember the other titles they brought up. :P
I didn't finish Madoka yet, I watched the TV version on ep 1 and stalled it after that due to not having enough time. I'm planning to watch the BD version soon though. Perhaps they were talking about an other Madoka though.

Nilvius said:

Too fucking true lol.
prismheart said:

Rofl that made my day. It's true though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 27, 2012 1:26 PM

Oct 2009
it's not very fun <.< and story is pretty empty for now ;;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 28, 2012 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
Hooray for the Ys game. I actually have one right now on my pc
Oct 28, 2012 3:52 AM

Jan 2012
loved the plugs in this one. but wasn't wataru's shop was a DVD store?
lol at the people who hates the anime just because of the art style. take a lesson from this episode,
there is more to it than just that!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 28, 2012 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
prismheart said:

teyorya said:

The more I watch this episode, the more hilariously jarring I find it to be. Irony is one harsh, harsh mistress.
Oct 29, 2012 12:56 AM

Oct 2007
i thought wataru's shop is a video rental.. now it became a manga store..
Oct 29, 2012 1:11 AM

Feb 2012
battleknight45 said:

A lot happened. in the manga.
Oct 29, 2012 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
HauntingShock said:
battleknight45 said:

It doesn't really matter anyway since this one is supposed to be an alternate continuity of some sort.
Oct 30, 2012 1:16 PM

Jun 2010
Wataru's shop was a video rental shop right? Why is it a manga store now? Did I miss some changes from the manga.? :?
Oct 30, 2012 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:
battleknight45 said:

Wait, when was that happened?

Dec 15, 2012 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
Haha, great discussions about video games, anime and manga. I agree with Nagi's rule about not judging a product before completing it though.
Dec 19, 2012 11:56 PM

Sep 2009
what happened to chiharu's character... did i miss a whole series? from season 2 she was awesome now her character seems too... stupid
Dec 28, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2012
OTAKU POWER!!! really funny episode especially when she buys everything and than seems that Nagi already has everything already and doesn't like it xD

Great episode up to the next one!
Aug 19, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
I noticed that we don't have that much "off-brand" stuff this episode, aside from Not-COD, Not-Dragon Quest, and the Nyancast (It's purring).
Jun 25, 2023 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
09:40 Very relatable to my current no-drop mentality. I watch and play everything to the end!

I want to eat Hinagiku's steak, and she can also add herself to the menu. I'll devour her!
I like Hayate's taste in anime. I like shows where the main character dies too. However, they're all classics, and I'm not in the mood to watch one yet.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.