Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 23, 2012 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
Man, this shows great. It can be funny when it needs to, but it has some really serious drama going on. Loving this

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 23, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
This is getting better and better (●´∀`)ノ♡
Oct 23, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Almost sure this will be my favourite this season, great comedy combined with some drama and good story.
Oct 23, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Shiina is starting to fall in love with Sorata, I can see it. Her eyes seemed depressed when she overheard his conversation on the phone with Jin. I feel bad for Misaki.... Having to see her childhood friend and crush go on a date with another girl. Well, it's not like she didn't know about his playboy personality. Aoyama seems like she's going to lose Sorata to Shiina. It seems like Sorata is interested in Shiina too. I hope it gets more interesting from now on.
Oct 23, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
This is getting so good so early. Nice piano play during the later parts.

I wonder if Ryuunosuke will have an important role once they reveal him or if they're just trolling us with him having an actual character design but only communicating through Maid-chan and chat.

And lol @ the ED.
Oct 23, 2012 2:55 PM

Apr 2008
Thats a nice love polyhedral you got there.
Oct 23, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 2012
well this was a pretty heavy episode after those funny first two
but i really dont mind, i love this!
Oct 23, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
pilipino101 said:
Jin: "I can't [go back to the dorm]. If I see [Misaki's] sad face, I'd want to ***k her silly."
OMG I laughed so hard.

He's an S isn't he?! >:D

Awesome episode again! And more serious this time around. :D

Haha, that scene, Lol. I guess he must be a S.
Overall, nice episode.
Oct 23, 2012 4:00 PM
Feb 2009
very nice ep.
Oct 23, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
This is one of the few animes to make me laugh a lot; this brightens up my Tuesdays! I love Shina! I love the animations and vibes; overall way better than what I expected from a romance comedy series :D
Oct 23, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
I think I am finally able to condense my thoughts into words.
Shiina's innocence, aside from instigation a large amount of the comedy, really hits home the message. She is so innocent that what she asks Sorato really bypasses all the veils, curtains, deceptions and excuses, and that makes him realize that he really has no answer to some of the important questions.

I don't expect landmark plot, but I love how they added a deeper side to this comedic awesomeness.
Oct 23, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2011
"Think what you've got is contagious?"

Everything for me was great this episode..., except for one thing which made me facepalm more than once. So Jin doesnt feel he is good enough for Misaki, so instead of trying to become good enough, he decides to screw around with 'x' amount of women which in turn breaks Misaki's heart even more, the very girl he wants to be with :S and the kicker is he knows she is in love with him and he continues to break her heart. WTF author of the story!

Also not really a fan of drama filled love triangles, and I'm dreading from now, the heartbreak to follow with Aoyama, cuz its kinda obvious this is a love story for Sorata and Shiina and no one else. Anyways, it was a great episode, cant wait for more..., diff one of the best animes this season!

Episode Naxcore: 5/5
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 23, 2012 6:38 PM
Oct 2010
Wow, that was intense.

Hmm... I can't say Shiina is wrong for being willing to have casual sex for the sake of her art (as opposed to doing it for pleasure or reassurance), but damn, she better be 200% sure about living that way. Though going by how she's depicted, she probably is.

... I've met a couple people like that, open to any experience for the love of art, and all I can say is that anyone falling in love with someone like that better be really open minded him/herself to avoid ending up in a very bad place, emotionally speaking.

Going back to the anime, the one weird thing is that with that mentality, Shiina should have loads of experience already... The only explanation I can think of is that maybe her family held her too tightly to allow her to do as she wanted... Well, let's see how it goes.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 23, 2012 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
Naxrrhid said:

Everything for me was great this episode..., except for one thing which made me facepalm more than once. So Jin doesnt feel he is good enough for Misaki, so instead of trying to become good enough, he decides to screw around with 'x' amount of women which in turn breaks Misaki's heart even more, the very girl he wants to be with :S and the kicker is he knows she is in love with him and he continues to break her heart. WTF author of the story!

Or maybe he's just trying to degrade himself because he doesn't want her to be in love with him, cause he knows she has feelings. He probably feels that she deserves better than himself, so he's trying to encourage her to find someone better. But who knows what's going on in his head.
Oct 23, 2012 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
Another great ep~

So far so good :D
Oct 23, 2012 7:58 PM

Oct 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

Or maybe he's just trying to degrade himself because he doesn't want her to be in love with him, cause he knows she has feelings. He probably feels that she deserves better than himself, so he's trying to encourage her to find someone better. But who knows what's going on in his head.
IMO Jin has a problem with his sexuality in that he feels that he cannot true love to Misaki but only sex. He mentions this over the phone somewhat. This being said clearly shows he is not capable to comfort women other than by sex whom he feels Misaki does not need but true love, which in turn he seems to think he is incapable of. That leads to low self esteem and the need for FALCON PUNCH to be done except so far no one can do that to push him.

That said so far, it is to see who can push him to realize in his turn what can make him fall in love with Misaki and not just have sex with her.

I hope this helps out to understand somewhat.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

IMO Jin has a problem with his sexuality in that he feels that he cannot true love to Misaki but only sex. He mentions this over the phone somewhat. This being said clearly shows he is not capable to comfort women other than by sex whom he feels Misaki does not need but true love, which in turn he seems to think he is incapable of. That leads to low self esteem and the need for FALCON PUNCH to be done except so far no one can do that to push him.

That said so far, it is to see who can push him to realize in his turn what can make him fall in love with Misaki and not just have sex with her.

I hope this helps out to understand somewhat.

Both of you bring out some very valid and good points. And I will have to agree with you guys to some extent. My irritation and confusion comes from the fact that he knows she loves him, so even if he is trying to degrade himself so that she can probably give up and move on, why continue doing something that will hurt her more when it is clearly not working.

And I dont think its the case of him not being able to give true love to Misaki, I think its just a fear of him not wanting to accept it and by extension Misaki. He is consciously breaking her heart and making her cry..., and the excuse of not being good enough for her and/or not being able to give her true love is not good enough of an excuse for me. IMO it could have been better written than the way it is now.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 23, 2012 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

I think this is what it is, because if people recall he was troubled over that phone call to the point that he was harsher on Sorata then he would have normally been. His talents don't match up with Misaki or at the very least he doesn't feel that way, so he consistently struggles with this difference. He likely feels that he isn't worth her love, after all if this series concept means anything a difference in talent can effect a character greatly, just look at how Sorata was effected by Shiina's talent. That said tho i agree that what he is doing is messed up, because if anything he is slowly ripping her to pieces every single day he goes out with another woman, making her cry like that isn't cool.
Oct 23, 2012 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Naxrrhid said:

I think this is what it is, because if people recall he was troubled over that phone call to the point that he was harsher on Sorata then he would have normally been. His talents don't match up with Misaki or at the very least he doesn't feel that way, so he consistently struggles with this difference. He likely feels that he isn't worth her love, after all if this series concept means anything a difference in talent can effect a character greatly, just look at how Sorata was effected by Shiina's talent. That said tho i agree that what he is doing is messed up, because if anything he is slowly ripping her to pieces every single day he goes out with another woman, making her cry like that isn't cool.
Hence the other addressing of the episode itself that of being the talent problem. He did get a lowered self esteem due to it and this episode clearly shows, however that's a factor that made things worse for him to the point perhaps that he seeked exterior comfort.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 23, 2012 10:59 PM

Aug 2011
All in all, I just hope we get to see some insanely romantic stuff from Jin to make up for all the crap and tears he is causing Misaki. Thats the only way for me to be like: 'Hmmm atleast he made up for it in the end.'
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 23, 2012 11:18 PM

Sep 2012
This show has far exceeded my expectations!

Like I was expecting another fanservice-instead-of-characters show, with plenty of hilaaarious:

"Oops!1!! I fell and pulled down your shirt to reveal your bra!!!1" *Boing*
"KYAAAAaa!!!!!" *Smack*

Glad to see I was pleasantly surprised that it is actually funny!

And the characters are also great so far. I love Sorata. He is such a relatable character! (to me at least). Like how everyone around him is talented and has their lives figured out, and he is the only one without a plan or clue about the future. Plus he is hilarious. And it is absolutely refreshing to see a main character in a romantic-comedy anime who is not a walking punching bag.

And side characters who actually have dimension and other qualities besides boobs. I'm really looking forward to how this show develops! Hopefully it doesn't go downhill.
Oct 24, 2012 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
Damn that ending ,now cant w8 for the next episode.
Oct 24, 2012 3:26 AM

Apr 2012
That has to be the best episode I have seen out of all the fall 2012 anime. Though, I sure do know that all of the fall 2012 anime haven't had even their half of them released.
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 24, 2012 4:38 AM
Sep 2011
Aerbage said:
That has to be the best episode I have seen out of all the fall 2012 anime. Though, I sure do know that all of the fall 2012 anime haven't had even their half of them released.

Well, it's either this episode or Jojo's 3rd episode. Very good episodes.
Oct 24, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
This show should've been more of a josei show, imo. Also, the characters should've been older, like college age:ish. Something similar to Honey and Clover, which this show reminds me of.

I really like the artstyle, but sadly it reminds me of some really bad shows, so if it would've been a josei, the artstyle should've been different, more mature.

Besides from that this show looks really nice! :)
Oct 24, 2012 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
Just so much going on in this episode that I didn't expect and saw a lot more depth in the characters. Like Shiina just hitting home the fact that while she is terrible with common sense and the little things, she does at least know what she wants to do. Certainly seems more fulfilled than Sorata who is constantly holding himself back (maybe out of fear that things will turn out like soccer again) and trying to run away from somewhere he actually does want to belong.

On a lighter note, loved the ED. Just having Shiina bury him in blankets, towels, etc was pure hilarity.
Naxrrhid said:
All in all, I just hope we get to see some insanely romantic stuff from Jin to make up for all the crap and tears he is causing Misaki. Thats the only way for me to be like: 'Hmmm atleast he made up for it in the end.'

Yeah, here's hoping that Jin manages to step up and make up for everything. Throwing himself a pity party and sleeping with these women isn't solving his problems. It's making him miserable and making Misaki miserable. All he's doing is running away from the feeling that he's not good enough to stand beside her. In the end instead of talking to her he's just hurting both of them and hopefully he fixes this situation soon.
Oct 24, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
Some deep stuff.
Oct 24, 2012 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
So thinking back on how this episode was..., I started to wonder something about Shiina. Would she have gone to a Love Hotel with any man just to get the experience? She didnt care about what would have happened? :S..., somehow tht doesnt sit right with me knowing how Sorata feels about her. What do you guys think...
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 24, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2012
Naxrrhid said:
So thinking back on how this episode was..., I started to wonder something about Shiina. Would she have gone to a Love Hotel with any man just to get the experience? She didnt care about what would have happened? :S..., somehow tht doesnt sit right with me knowing how Sorata feels about her. What do you guys think...

She pretty much made that apparent when she was chewing out Sorata. She said she is doing all of this for the sake of her manga; nothing else matters. It's weird that it somewhat inspires Sorata. I think it would be hard being with a girl like Shiina who doesn't truly express how she feels. Yeah okay we get it that your manga is important but is it more important than your safety?

Maybe she actually wanted Sorata to go with her to the Love Hotel and was mad over the whole thing and lashed out at Sorata like that because she was fed up with him. I think Shiina is starting to develop feelings for Sorata but I don't know how he feels about her. He's in that same place that Jin is. I think Sorata believes he isn't truly worthy of anyone. He always praises people like Aoyama and Shiina but never voices how he feels about either. I think he was let down over the Shiina thing because he actually believed he was useful in that he was looking after her, only to realize that anyone could do that, even Jin.
Oct 24, 2012 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
cool ep again, but i'm pretty worried about plot <.<'

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, I was expecting a comedy centered episode and yet they come up with this. It would be great if they continued with the drama. But for some reason I feel like they are going to waste this potential.
Oct 24, 2012 12:38 PM
Oct 2010
Naxrrhid said:
Well, yeah. Like dchoy said, throwing Sorata's words back at him means that she's set on adquiring the experience to grow as an artist.

She has a clear preference for Sorata, but she can't be in love with him yet, at most she likes him. Putting the weight of that feeling against her will to improve I can only conclude that she wouldn't mind doing it with someone else if Sorata is not there for her.

Honestly, Sorata has it hard. It's a lot of pressure, not only trying to make up his mind about what he wants to do with his life after Jin's harsh admonition, but he has to quickly find out what he feels about Shiina, or the chance to be with her will just fly away... And he's a high schooler, it's the rest of the cast who don't act their age. (-_-;)

If it was real life, he would be better off with Nanami, who has a perspective and values more similar to his... There's nothing wrong with living a normal life, more exciting doesn't necessarily means happier.
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 24, 2012 12:54 PM

May 2009
ClementIV said:
Wow, I was expecting a comedy centered episode and yet they come up with this. It would be great if they continued with the drama. But for some reason I feel like they are going to waste this potential.

What's wrong with drama in DRAMA anime?
Oct 24, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2010
This show was a complete surprise, I had it pinned as a pointless fan service show but instead its probably the deepest show this Fall season.

There are so many things concepts at play here with Kanda trying to find his true passion, Shiina's inability to relate to others because of her focus on painting, Jin's inferiority complex (and reckless womanizing) keeping him apart from Misaki. If you just took a single snapshot of one of the sillier moments of the anime it would be easy to typecast this show as another generic fanservice show but it actually has real believable emotion in its drama. Instead it has real potential to be one of those shows that makes people see a much maligned genre in a different light like "Madoka★Magica" did for the mahou shoujo genre.

It reminds me of "Ore no Imouto", another show that if you go by the synopsis has all the makings of a generic ecchi/little sister show but is much more thanks to the characters having realistic dreams and problems to overcome behind all the show's *ahem* selling points. The characters never let the show get too lost in its own antics and thats something Sakurasou would do well to take from it as well.
Oct 24, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
I do like that Jin dude. Very pervy.
Oct 24, 2012 2:59 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, great episode! I absolutely love this so far, it's such a joy to watch, and super engaging... Can't wait for next week <33

And gaah, Jin is kinda sexy XD
Oct 24, 2012 3:05 PM
Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
I'm starting to wonder why to love-ru darkness is ranked higher than this anime :/

Because TLR darkness is the finest show in harem/ecchi/fanservice anime?
Oct 24, 2012 3:53 PM

Dec 2010
HibiChouchou said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
I'm starting to wonder why to love-ru darkness is ranked higher than this anime :/

Don't be hating on Darkness simply because it got censored, its really awesome for what it is, also don't compare Sakurasou to Darkness, they are completely different, it makes you look like you are just trying to single out a show you don't like for no reason on a comparison with no basis.
Oct 24, 2012 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
HibiChouchou said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

Don't be hating on Darkness simply because it got censored, its really awesome for what it is, also don't compare Sakurasou to Darkness, they are completely different, it makes you look like you are just trying to single out a show you don't like for no reason on a comparison with no basis.
No, basically what I'm saying is that sakurasou's score is too low. Don't get me wrong, I loved darkness too, but what I am saying is this anime is ranked lower than that one, and I don't think it should deserve less than darkness by that much in difference. Im not saying darkness's score deserves lower, but sakurasou deserves higher. Also, i didn't really compare them, im more like basing them on enjoyment. They are both very enjoyable. I used "to love ru darkness" because this is the kind of anime people thought sakurasou would be, but wasn't. you know, echi harem anime. I probably worded my post wrong, so that was my mistake, I'm sorry
Btw, please don't assume that everyone has a problem with the censoring, because I honestly never cared about the censoring. I never base anime on stuff like that.
AnimeHAwk616Oct 24, 2012 6:48 PM
Oct 24, 2012 6:11 PM

Dec 2011
Expecting a lot from Sakurasou o/
I really liked it <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2011
Mmk... took a different turn from what I expected about her being an artist. I'm glad; the turn I was expecting was something dull and not as interesting as this. I'm a fan of certain types of romance dramas as long as there is plenty of comedy, and this anime seems to be delivering an acceptable amount of each. I'm becoming more fond of Ai Kayano's soft voice.

Here's to hoping this series doesn't disappoint.
Oct 24, 2012 7:57 PM

Nov 2008
bastek66 said:
ClementIV said:

What's wrong with drama in DRAMA anime?

I don't think you read my comment right, I love the drama! What I'm saying is that they should continue with it.
Oct 24, 2012 9:02 PM

Mar 2008
Ajunky said:
Well, yeah. Like dchoy said, throwing Sorata's words back at him means that she's set on acquiring the experience to grow as an artist.

She has a clear preference for Sorata, but she can't be in love with him yet, at most she likes him. Putting the weight of that feeling against her will to improve I can only conclude that she wouldn't mind doing it with someone else if Sorata is not there for her.

Honestly, Sorata has it hard. It's a lot of pressure, not only trying to make up his mind about what he wants to do with his life after Jin's harsh admonition, but he has to quickly find out what he feels about Shiina, or the chance to be with her will just fly away... And he's a high schooler, it's the rest of the cast who don't act their age. (-_-;)

If it was real life, he would be better off with Nanami, who has a perspective and values more similar to his... There's nothing wrong with living a normal life, more exciting doesn't necessarily means happier.

I have to say if Shiina wants to improve her manga, rather than sleeping with someone I think she needs to stabilize her storytelling. At least the one Sorata saw in the previous episode the problem seemed like the story just bounced all over. Art above all else sounds good, but doesn't always make for a coherent story.

Sorata really does have to make decisions in a hurry. It's like someone throwing a ball past you and you only have a few seconds to decide whether to reach out to grab it. Though could easily see her dropping the whole sex thing to try something else to improve her art. Still he has a lot to think about and has to make some important decisions.

Hate to say it but Aoyama really is the safety net. Someone who is also chasing a big goal, but is clearly in love with the guy. Will still be around for a while since she won't be confessing that quickly.
Oct 24, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2012
FlareKnight said:
Ajunky said:
Well, yeah. Like dchoy said, throwing Sorata's words back at him means that she's set on acquiring the experience to grow as an artist.

I have to say if Shiina wants to improve her manga, rather than sleeping with someone I think she needs to stabilize her storytelling. At least the one Sorata saw in the previous episode the problem seemed like the story just bounced all over. Art above all else sounds good, but doesn't always make for a coherent story.

Sorata really does have to make decisions in a hurry. It's like someone throwing a ball past you and you only have a few seconds to decide whether to reach out to grab it. Though could easily see her dropping the whole sex thing to try something else to improve her art. Still he has a lot to think about and has to make some important decisions.

Hate to say it but Aoyama really is the safety net. Someone who is also chasing a big goal, but is clearly in love with the guy. Will still be around for a while since she won't be confessing that quickly.

The problem with anime is that the secondary character never stands a chance. Even in instances where the secondary character seems like a much better choice than the main character, the main character will magically win.

The only instance where I could probably argue a secondary character winning is maybe and keyword maybe, Shuffle!. With that being said, I like both Shiina and Aoyama. It sucks if you are someone who ships someone who isn't the main character because honestly there is no chance in hell you will get your way. Another example I would throw out there is Baka and Test. Everyone and I mean everyone ships Minami (Shimada) but we all know that the main character will probably choose Himeji in the end for some reason none of us viewers will ever comprehend.
Oct 24, 2012 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
This anime had come a long way and we are just into the third episode!

Great episode. I think I have found another great show this season!

"I'll decide where I belong."

"We'll make the farewell party a big one."

"I'm looking forward to it."

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 24, 2012 10:12 PM
Oct 2010
FlareKnight said:

Experience helps with any form of expression, so it should also give her better material for writing.

Of course, as you said, there are other (so many other) experiences that can help her grow. It doesn't have to be sex related, unless she's utterly obsessed with depicting that in her manga... but she described herself as white, so we can rule out obsession... (I guess sex is presented mostly for controversy)

In fact, the most common and successful way to open one's world is simply befriending different people. Sakurasou seems like a great place for Shiina to start. Then again, with her being so eccentric herself, befriending a "normal" person would be enough to give her a different perspective... I guess that where Sorata comes in...

It's understandable that as an artist it's almost unavoidable for her to want to explore her sexuality, but even then there should be no need to rush it, especially when there's so much to explore for someone as "white" as her.

So yeah, I think it's very likely that Sorata will stir her in another direction. It would be a logical follow up for this story...
FlareKnight said:
The problem with anime is that the secondary character never stands a chance. Even in instances where the secondary character seems like a much better choice than the main character, the main character will magically win.

The only instance where I could probably argue a secondary character winning is maybe and keyword maybe, Shuffle!. With that being said, I like both Shiina and Aoyama. It sucks if you are someone who ships someone who isn't the main character because honestly there is no chance in hell you will get your way. Another example I would throw out there is Baka and Test. Everyone and I mean everyone ships Minami (Shimada) but we all know that the main character will probably choose Himeji in the end for some reason none of us viewers will ever comprehend.
LOL, tell me about it. It reminds me that the To Aru Majutsu no Index suffers from a similar problem.
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 24, 2012 10:19 PM
Aug 2011
I'm more interested in what will happen with Jin and Misaki.
Even though someone should kick Jin in the nuts a few times.
Oct 24, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2010
bloodstainx said:
Love this anime. Its takes itself seriously and doesnt rely on fan service to garner an audience. Its a sincere romcom anime at its best

This!

Going in, this looked like it would be over the top fanservice with very little going for it other than humor. As things turn out, it packs a decent amount of depth.
Oct 25, 2012 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
dchoy said:

Oh, I completely agree that Aoyama doesn't seem to have much chance. Pretty much the only time I've been really surprised about a pairing was in Shuffle. In that case pleasantly surprised.

I am hoping that Aoyama does get the same depth as everyone else seems to be. Deserves to be more than the girl who is in love with Sorata, but who doesn't stand a chance.
Ajunky said:
Experience helps with any form of expression, so it should also give her better material for writing.

Of course, as you said, there are other (so many other) experiences that can help her grow. It doesn't have to be sex related, unless she's utterly obsessed with depicting that in her manga... but she described herself as white, so we can rule out obsession... (I guess sex is presented mostly for controversy)

In fact, the most common and successful way to open one's world is simply befriending different people. Sakurasou seems like a great place for Shiina to start. Then again, with her being so eccentric herself, befriending a "normal" person would be enough to give her a different perspective... I guess that where Sorata comes in...

It's understandable that as an artist it's almost unavoidable for her to want to explore her sexuality, but even then there should be no need to rush it, especially when there's so much to explore for someone as "white" as her.

So yeah, I think it's very likely that Sorata will stir her in another direction. It would be a logical follow up for this story...

There certainly are a lot of ways to expand one's horizons and improve her art. I wouldn't say that having that experience would hurt her art, but yeah it isn't the only way. Do wonder what the heck that editor of hers is telling her...

I'm also left curious about what exactly brought Mashiro to manga in the first place. Pure art does seem more up her alley since you just focus on the image and don't have to worry about a coherent plot. Though could be simple as seeing a manga somewhere and being interested enough to come all the way out to Japan for the sake of doing it herself.
Oct 25, 2012 7:43 AM

Aug 2008
wow! didn't expect that turn of events..
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

640 by MrChopper07 »»
May 8, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.