Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 3, 2008 4:04 AM

Jul 2008
corroded said:
i thought for awhile there that index would be pulling off a chii(from chobits) and have her seal somewhere farther below. thank god it wasnt XD

well in any case, this might be a little bit too predictable, since touma's right hand hasnt failed him yet when battling against esper powers and magic stuff.

haha, that's exactly what I thought. but seriously, how the heck does one guess that it's in the upper jaw????
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Nov 3, 2008 6:45 AM

Nov 2007
i have to say the planning for each episode is done really well. they always end in such a way that makes you really want to see what happens next week.
Nov 3, 2008 9:46 AM

Jan 2008
Wasn't bad. He mostly stayed in the apartment and called places. A better idea than running around the entire city like he did in the manga. Hopefully next week stays true to the manga, and makes it epic.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 3, 2008 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
this just keeps going downhill, they talk way to freaken much.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2008 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
Jigero said:
this just keeps going downhill, they talk way to freaken much.

I thought I was the only one to think like that D:
Quite boring.
Nov 3, 2008 11:42 AM

Aug 2008
TAMnI delivers once again. So basically her brain was formatted (kinda like a hard drive). Makes total sense, so luckily no stupid deus ex machina.
AkariChan said:
but seriously, how the heck does one guess that it's in the upper jaw????
He just guessed it would be in her mouth, since that's the gateway to the 103,000 books. Her voice changes whenever she goes into recital mode, and it's not that is just looses emotion. Personally, I thought that he'd have to directly touch her brain, which would really suck. I am so glad Touma didn't pull a Hideki — it wouldn't have made any sense, plus I hate Chobits (can't exactly say that as I haven't finished it yet).

I found Stiyl calling Touma a monster to be really annoying, it was so hypocritical.

Leon-Gun said:
wakka9ca said:
Touma was annoying for 20 minutes of the episode.

only the last 3 minutes was worth watching....

They did took too long on the "but maybe science can save her !" Seriously, he just had to ask his Sensei about it and problem solved. I mean, dear god Touma. She's a professor in Academy City, she should know at least A LITTLE about neurology or something, or known someone who did.
Except the teacher was out during most of that time, and when he did call her, she didn't have her phone on her. And was that a dial phone he was using? XD
At least the whole "Hmm, isn't this a bit too convenient" revelation was revealed as a scam and the Church ended up being some real manipulators. Well, not unlike most Churches I think.
>.< was that really necessary?

Oh, and:
maxime1007 said:
By the way someone know where I can read the manga online? It's rare that I read some manga but this serie is fucking good.
OneManga.com.
JadeMatrixNov 3, 2008 11:47 AM
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 3, 2008 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
AkariChan said:
corroded said:
i thought for awhile there that index would be pulling off a chii(from chobits) and have her seal somewhere farther below. thank god it wasnt XD

well in any case, this might be a little bit too predictable, since touma's right hand hasnt failed him yet when battling against esper powers and magic stuff.

haha, that's exactly what I thought. but seriously, how the heck does one guess that it's in the upper jaw????

Remember whenever Index got's mad her jaw appears before she even bites Toma.
Episode 1 - Biting Toma all over the body for seeing her naked.
Episode 3 - Biting Toma on the head and on his way to the bath (Her jaw appears).

He was thinking of checking Index lower part of the body too lol but probably he thinks that Necessarius won't do such thing and place it on that part of the body made him guess it would be her jaws.

Nov 3, 2008 12:51 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome Episode and badass Index looks interesting.

Looking forward to the next Episode :)

Nov 3, 2008 1:31 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
TAMnI delivers once again. So basically her brain was formatted (kinda like a hard drive). Makes total sense, so luckily no stupid deus ex machina.
AkariChan said:
but seriously, how the heck does one guess that it's in the upper jaw????
He just guessed it would be in her mouth, since that's the gateway to the 103,000 books. Her voice changes whenever she goes into recital mode, and it's not that is just looses emotion. Personally, I thought that he'd have to directly touch her brain, which would really suck. I am so glad Touma didn't pull a Hideki — it wouldn't have made any sense, plus I hate Chobits (can't exactly say that as I haven't finished it yet).

I found Stiyl calling Touma a monster to be really annoying, it was so hypocritical.

Leon-Gun said:
wakka9ca said:

They did took too long on the "but maybe science can save her !" Seriously, he just had to ask his Sensei about it and problem solved. I mean, dear god Touma. She's a professor in Academy City, she should know at least A LITTLE about neurology or something, or known someone who did.
Except the teacher was out during most of that time, and when he did call her, she didn't have her phone on her. And was that a dial phone he was using? XD
At least the whole "Hmm, isn't this a bit too convenient" revelation was revealed as a scam and the Church ended up being some real manipulators. Well, not unlike most Churches I think.

Oh, and:
maxime1007 said:
By the way someone know where I can read the manga online? It's rare that I read some manga but this serie is fucking good.
OneManga.com.

try this:
h**p://www.onemanga.com/To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index/
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 3, 2008 2:56 PM

Dec 2007
yes .. only the end of the ep was really good. But maybe Touma will stop thinking too much now he's became smarter ? XD

Nov 3, 2008 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:
There's a lot of interesting conflicts between magic and science.

But how did Touma find out he should dig into Index' mouth?
And whoa Index is scary in that defense mode^^

Mixing magic and sciene is always interesting!
You're right, it's rather odd that Touma found that the seal was located inside her mouth... maybe he "senced" it? :S
cyruz said:
I enjoyed the talking, it was a really good episode. It's still only a prelude, so hell yeah it is developing. Lots of episodes are to come and I'm looking forward to watching them.

The best part of the whole episode, Index going berserk ^^

Anyway, I see HoaRy and angel999 at the start of most new episode discussions... are you 2 competing or something? :3
This adaptation, I think, is based after the Novel, NOT the manga.
J.C. Staff tends to adapt stuff after novels...
Nov 3, 2008 2:58 PM

Jul 2008
I loved it. Lots of things were in it :D

Nov 3, 2008 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
Another information filled episode. I liked it.
Let's see where this is going but I think it'll become really awesome.
Nov 3, 2008 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
Best episode yet, at least. May become good after all.
Nov 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Sep 2008
nee, i cant wait for the next episode...
Nov 3, 2008 5:24 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:

Leon-Gun said:
Good point, though what I mean is that they dragged that too much. Like they forced the drama to last the whole episode.
I'm only stating my a personal opinion, forgive me if I offended you.

Nov 3, 2008 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
I enjoyed the talking, it was a really good episode. It's still only a prelude, so hell yeah it is developing. Lots of episodes are to come and I'm looking forward to watching them.

That pic is just awesome.
Damn good episode.
Nov 3, 2008 5:44 PM

Oct 2008
Nice Episode.

I really like how they explained the brain but they do spend an awful long time talking and thinking.
Nov 3, 2008 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
Leon-Gun said:
wakka9ca said:

Rofl exactly what he tried to do at first except that the first call her sensei didn't respond because she was taking a bath, then he started trying to call somewhere else and finnaly called back her sensei who finnaly got out of the bath and told him what we know x)
Nov 3, 2008 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
Hopefully the next episode will get back on track to good action. The mostly talking episodes haven't really done it for me with this series; with all the abstract ideas one really needs to sit down and use his imagination if one wants understand of this series.
Nov 3, 2008 11:05 PM

Sep 2008
This was a nice episode, you can't have nonstop action, there is always a lull before something major starts, and you can feel it here, they needed an isolated episode to recap and flesh a few things out, and they did, no matter.

Can't wait for the next episode, this show is turning out really good

Nov 4, 2008 12:47 AM

Aug 2007
Blayde said:
This was a nice episode, you can't have nonstop action, there is always a lull before something major starts, and you can feel it here, they needed an isolated episode to recap and flesh a few things out, and they did, no matter.

Can't wait for the next episode, this show is turning out really good

QFT. Couldn't agree with you more.

Most definitely looking forward to the next episode.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 4, 2008 1:18 AM
Sep 2008
nice explanation from the sensei about memories and the brain.
Nov 4, 2008 8:07 AM

May 2008
Great episode, and Index in that "scary mode" was just amazing! It's getting more and more interesting. Can't wait for next xD
Nov 4, 2008 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah, there are the pacing problems. Every episode starts out extremely slow but then something happens near the end that's awesome and makes me not want to stop watching. Index activation was pretty cool though.
Nov 4, 2008 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
First two episodes were great but now it's just getting boring. Too much talking, not enough plot progression or entertainment.
Nov 4, 2008 8:26 PM

May 2007
Dang cliffhanger, hurry up episode 6.
My anime list
Nov 4, 2008 10:56 PM

Aug 2007
So they stretched it out to 6 episodes. Honestly, they should have kept it on 5 since it feels like the show is going a tad too slow for my taste.

I want my Mikoto Imouto Nao!!!
Nov 5, 2008 4:37 AM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Leon-Gun said:
I'm only stating my a personal opinion, forgive me if I offended you.
Nah, I'm not offfended. I just don't think it's wise to say those kind of things, because some other people get offended easily.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 5, 2008 5:00 AM

Aug 2008
Index does looks scary in the defense mood..
I got a chill on the back of my neck...wow.
Episode 6...come on!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 5, 2008 5:57 AM

Aug 2008
Episode 5 was pretty interesting. Kanzaki is soo cool!

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next episode. :D
Nov 5, 2008 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
Evil churches and magic remind me of Fate/Stay Night and Kirei..... meh, i love F/SN too much, i could probably relate a bunch of stuff with it if i wanted to...
now this episode was great. i cannot wait to get my hands on that OST
i am glad that the current antagonists are not so much of antagonists as i thought them to be before... development FTW
Kanzaki is cute once again.... in her own way of course.
i am glad that touma is the type of guy to be smart enough to look out for clues and everything but.... spouting out magic in a city that does not believe in it is kind of not so smart...
i am also glad that Kanzaki was able to let Touma spend some last minutes with index.
brain problems solved....
i loved it when he went to the Chobits thinking of activating something through index's really private parts.
how far in did his finger go? it looked as if it was going pretty far in...
index's defense mode looks pretty badass if you ask me. i am looking forward to a great fight next episode
Nov 6, 2008 3:38 PM

Nov 2007
Slooooow episode. I generally don't have any problems with "talky" shows, but some of the stuff here definitely could've been shortened to improve the pacing a bit. Nonetheless, there was some good information here (I liked the fact that the 85 and 15 percent thing was made up -- clever), and the final scene with defense-mode Index was very well done. I can forgive the uneven pacing for a while longer, so long as the writers don't run out of time down the road. Also, any confirmation on this series' length? I'm guessing it's more than 13 episodes, but I haven't seen anything certain.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 6, 2008 10:32 PM
Nov 2007
lol yeah hm...... this series is becoming a letdown from what i expected from watching ads for it.
Nov 7, 2008 5:52 AM

Oct 2007
It was quite a bit of talking but it didn't really bother me that much. As soon Index went into selfdefence mode I wanted more tho >_< That looked so awesome O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Nov 7, 2008 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty good... Ooooh Index has gone berserk, I wanna watch the next one
Nov 7, 2008 10:00 PM
Dec 2007
Ahahahahahaha this is like some dude trying to write shounen Nasu.
Nov 9, 2008 11:50 PM

Mar 2007
This is the second best anime fall 2008!
Instagram: Luzifurr
Nov 10, 2008 2:35 AM

May 2008
Wow, this is a little bit different from the Manga.
In that they immediately found out about her mode change.

Or was it that different? Seems like she was in battle with him longer before they came.
Anyway, it was nice to see Index's eyes in color. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with this.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 16, 2008 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
I agree with most of the people here:
Definitely better than the previous episodes! :]
Nov 19, 2008 11:14 AM
Mar 2008
There is a little too much talk over actions in this anime but the ending sure made up for that.
Nov 26, 2008 12:58 PM

Sep 2008
Alittle different than the manga but still pretty accurate, but they took to long on that cliff hanger. Dont show it for 15 secs without moving. xD
Dec 27, 2008 12:59 AM

May 2008
HoaRy said:
But how did Touma find out he should dig into Index' mouth?

He's a teenager, I'm sure it was quite easy.

what a freaktastic episode... I REALLY WANNA WATCH MORE but its getting late here... ah well.
Jan 2, 2009 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was so intense~ things have just turned up a notch!
HEY!
Apr 19, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
For some reason, to me, the last few episodes left me feeling like the series was close to ending rather than just beginning. The enemies that started out at the beginning, turned out to not be enemies. But now, finally the true enemy is revealed. This is definitely starting to get interesting. I was wondering about that whole thing with "85%" of her brain and it killing her.
Oct 4, 2009 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
Interesting how Toma can figure out about The Church manipulating Index's friend by setting that up
Oct 8, 2009 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
As always religion is the root of evil, humans can't be trusted with power over others because in the end it always corrupts them. This is why religion is so dangerous, it's a never ending circle of greed, manipulation and lies.

Nice to see that Touma aint all brainless and managed to figure that it out, I too was a bit puzzled over why she had too die when the brain reached a 100%, logically the body would not do that and instead start to overwrite the allready existing memmory or something similar.
And exactly how would a medieval church know the books filled 85% of her memory...

Though animes hardly tend to be rational so it's best no too dwell on it too deeply =P

Nice to see that this was the case here though, and everything was just a BS lie made up by the church. And not another girl loses all her memories, male protagonist gets really sad, tearjerker story.
Jan 18, 2010 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
Ohh so perfect memorization is not deadly, and the church did something to Index so that she wouldn't rebel to them using the grimoires, and those were the 3 seals placed inside Index's mouth.

I wonder how Touma figured that the seals were inside Index's mouth all along. I thought at first that he was going to touch the other hole, the bottom one. :3

I see, so those 2 magicians really are friends with Index and the church is the real enemy. I wonder what will they do to stop Index in her defensive mode. Touma's probably going to touch her or something, lol.
Feb 21, 2010 1:25 PM

Dec 2009
Holsety said:
Nice Episode.

I really like how they explained the brain but they do spend an awful long time talking and thinking.
touma earned some cred figuring out that 85/15 was bs. it was hard to believe that index could die from using too much of her brain, but since it's fiction, i figured they can make up whatever rules they want. glad they decided to make the story a little smarter.
Feb 22, 2010 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
I have to say that i was getting kind of bored with this episode, but things are getting interesting. I hope something dramatic happens.

I'm also wondering when they will introduce that rail-gun girl in to the scene. She is one of the main characters after all right?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.