Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 1, 2008 12:37 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season2: Episode 5 - "The Burning Homeland"

TechnicsMKIINov 2, 2008 5:37 PM
Nov 2, 2008 1:39 AM
Mar 2008
Pretty good episode, except for the
That was completely awesome.
Nov 2, 2008 1:42 AM

May 2008
Nov 2, 2008 1:50 AM

Jul 2007
Dum da dee doo,
, just as I predicted in last episode thread...

Now I wonder how long will it take for

Nov 2, 2008 1:54 AM

May 2008
It's been known for over a month that it was gong to happen.
TechnicsMKIINov 2, 2008 1:28 AM
Nov 2, 2008 1:11 AM

Jul 2007
KrylonBlue said:
It's been know for over a month that it was gong to happen.

1. I avoid spoilers for anything gundam, like hell.
2. Its easy to guess, by tying up together "Lyle's reason to fight", "cb getting bigger", and "increasing the difficulty of battlefield".

Nov 2, 2008 3:58 AM

Oct 2008
star wars-esque episode=win

noob confrontation between louise and lyle=fail

00 MIA=fail

cataron pissed off=win

ALI al fucking sarchez=WIN

innovators making their move=win

mr. bushido having 5 lines=fail

episode that reminds me of star wars=priceless.
Nov 2, 2008 5:46 AM
Apr 2008
Total destruction.

I'd say another of the prediction made in the super deformed trailer is true: ... with no one to depend on...

Pardon me for my reaction, but I got almost mad at a couple of scenes in the episode. >_<

EDIT:
darkxdestinyNov 2, 2008 5:56 AM
Nov 2, 2008 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
Saji is getting on my nerves, especially in this episode.

Louise needs to give him a slap to wake him up, A-LAWs style
Nov 2, 2008 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
Nevermind the fact that Hating-Saji is the newest cool thing in town, it would be good that people hating him would have valid and clear reasons on why.

He did not do anything in this episode to hate him.
Nov 2, 2008 11:56 AM
Oct 2007
saji fucked up this ep.. i cant defend him anymore
Nov 2, 2008 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
On the other side of the coin, Saji could have very well found his reason to fight. He now knows the sheer inhumane terror that A-LAWS brings. Like Fai, I don't understand the Saji hate, he's just a pacifist, but I think this'll act as somewhat of a turning point. Rather, I hope it does.

Ali showing up, despite the fact we've known it for a while pisses me off. It makes Lockon's sacrifice in S1 seem so... pointless. I really have no idea how Setsuna and Marina are going to get out of that predicament either.

All-In-All, absolutely fantastic episode. I kinda like the idea of Sergei adopting Soma, it's also really nice to see people in A-LAWS questioning their superiors and orders. On that same side of the coin, it's caused me to harbor an extreme hatred for Louise for the exact opposite reason I hated her in the first season.

And yeah, the destruction of Kataron was more or less implied for the past month, I didn't expect it to happen so suddenly though. The higher ups in Kataron have to know that CB wouldn't give away their position, given that Lyle is piloting for them. I see CB absorbing them eventually, and possibly those in A-LAWS who are questioning their superiors. It's not likely in the least, but I'd kill to see Soma and Allelujah piloting beside eachother.

Azadistan is pretty well destroyed, so it looks like Marina will probably be staying on Ptolemy with the kids from Kataron I'd guess, in turn more hinting at Kataron being absorbed at least partially by CB.

Dammit, I really just want next week's episode now :(

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 2, 2008 1:48 PM

May 2008
Fai said:
Nevermind the fact that Hating-Saji is the newest cool thing in town

There are people who have disliked saji since the beginning of season 1. of course the events of this episode obviously didn't help his character.
Nov 2, 2008 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
even though Ali is a SOB i like it,and yes Saji is really annoying it isnt hate its the truth kinda wished there was more battle than talking 9/10 without Ali at the end its a 7 or 8
Nov 2, 2008 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
go go suki Saji! You just murdered hundreds of people, your options are A) Join CB or B) Commit seppuuku!
~de Arimasu
Nov 2, 2008 3:26 PM

May 2008
Looks like i was right about the Hellion Initium being in the next episode.

I wonder if that part is the flashback scenes that will be in episode 6... i mean if Katron is using Antique prototypes of the hellion, they must be in real trouble in the mobile suit department.
TechnicsMKIINov 2, 2008 3:36 PM
Nov 2, 2008 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
So what do you all think of Smirnov's softer side?

Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 2, 2008 4:07 PM

May 2008
Sergei
Nov 2, 2008 5:32 PM

Mar 2008
Erm Louise was not part of the A-laws forces this time, she had to wait that battle out. Don't know how you guys mix up Louise and Soma (voice, hair, nose, difference in emotion).
But a real solid episode, made me like Saji more, yeh he did screw up but at least there is regret, it's not like he wants all of it. and Mr bushido(LMAO) had no interest because Setsuna wasn't there, not because he did not want to see the slaughtering (personal assumption).
I guess Kataron is pretty much dead for the moment.
God, I wish i hadn't seen the preview, I REALLY want to see next episode NOW.

MAL list updates
Nov 2, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2006
Mister Bushido cracks me up.
Tieria's joke made me happy.

I wish Soma, Sergei, Kati, and everyone else who thinks A-LAWS is beyond help would join Celestial Being. Ya rite.

Sad episode. :(
Nov 2, 2008 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
lol the gn-x's released purple beams.
Nov 2, 2008 7:03 PM

Sep 2008
Now finally saji can grow up and actually turn out to help one side or the other, other than just plain failing...

Great ep, but now I really wish it was already next week.. (anyone have a time machine?)
Nov 2, 2008 10:02 PM

Oct 2007
wow great episode... stupid Sagi... messed up pretty bad there buddy... Ali burned down all of Azadistan... hope he gets what's coming to him...
Nov 2, 2008 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
Bakayaro said:
Ali showing up, despite the fact we've known it for a while pisses me off. It makes Lockon's sacrifice in S1 seem so... pointless.

Yeah! If he's gonna survive, I was hoping for at least a missing limb, a missing eye, or even a scar on his face, Anything! (like how Graham aka Mr. Bushido presumably got scars on his face) But he seems perfectly fine DX

I never liked Saji. He was a wimp, being pushed around by Louise and her mom like that. But I can understand where his anger towards Setsuna and reluctance to fight came from; he is a civilian after all. But after seeing what he did (and probably more damage closer up seeing from the preview), I hope he opens his eyes and grows a spine and does something useful instead of mope around and whine about how he's not getting involved. Because tough, you're partly to blame for this, so you gotta take responsibility kid.

Marina was giving off Lacus vibes, playing with orphan children.... >_> And submarine Ptolomais is like Archangel now...

Lol, Tieria made a "joke", love Alle's comment of "what happened the past 4 years" XD. I also love Alle's comment to A-LAWs (hey we get the official spelling now) about how they're not even pulling the trigger and thus not shouldering the responsibility.

I sense Kati and Soma may desert and switch sides, or at least defy orders. Good to know they have a conscience. and Where is Patrick?! I swore I saw him at the end of ep 25.. maybe the mood is too serious right now for Team Patrick XD

Aww... Soma wants to be adopted by Sergei (scared me for a minute when she said proposal >_< ). Though I think this might be a sign that one of them is deathflagged... DX

I thought at first Mr. Bushido not wanting to fight is 'cause Setsuna isn't there, but I think it's 'cause CB were rescuing people, and he honours that or something.

Lyle... okay, I think he gained a little more respect from me after this. Did his "unforgivable" remind anyone else of Neil's "unforgivable" speech from ep 8? I think he might actually have found a good reason to fight now. Whereas before, he was probably fighting to help Kataron, I think he'll fight to destroy A-LAWs now.

As for Kataron, Klaus wanted to help CB, so now that they're base is destroyed, he might just join CB. I agree that not all Kataron members would join, since they believe CB is to blame, but maybe Klaus and Shirin would join. Or they might just start over, build another base etc. Or help Marina. They were standing together in the opening.

Innovators have strange names.... Ribbons, Revive Revival, Divine, Bring, Regene.. if you string them together, you might get a sentence XD

One minus for this ep: I didn't hear Haro!! He didn't have any lines at all! =(
Nov 2, 2008 11:13 PM

Jun 2007
KrylonBlue said:
Fai said:
Nevermind the fact that Hating-Saji is the newest cool thing in town

There are people who have disliked saji since the beginning of season 1. of course the events of this episode obviously didn't help his character.

Ya and their reasons for hating him where stupid has hell back then too. OMG OMG I hate Saji and Louise because they have screen time omg omg! lol.

This episode was pretty good. At least Saji understands a bit about whats going on now. Not everyone is as rational as he thinks they are. Soma was stupid for thinking the A-Laws had any morals at all. I think the originals from the first season that apposed CB are all noticing how the A-Laws follow no code of ethics or morals when facing opponents. Should be interesting to see if they appose their own side and help CB finish off Veda and the Androids.
Nov 2, 2008 11:59 PM

Nov 2007
Saji is a selfish little bitch. they treated him very nicely and after all he knew they let him go and he causes many deaths by only worrying about himself. the odds seem stacked against Celestial Being this time, Kataron is almost no help and with A LAWS and the innovators, it doesn't look good. the public needs to know how A LAWS works, and I'm guessing people won't be happy. Graham should of done something, he always cared about people not just some stupid rivalry with a gundam.
Nov 3, 2008 12:36 AM

Jan 2008
Great ep. They don't rush the plot and everything progresses as it should. I wonder what'll become of Saji now.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 3, 2008 12:42 AM

Oct 2008
whoa don't hate the guy for trying to make a difference. blame the inside man. he was the one who totally annihilated cataron. saji has a part of it but he is not fully to blame in this matter.
FritoNov 3, 2008 12:58 AM
Nov 3, 2008 12:51 AM
May 2008
Saji shud die, burn in hell, FKN BURN.
how can he expect kataron wont be killed off if he told them ther hq??
sure, it was sergei, not sum heartless guy, but saji only knows that he's an officer! freakn dumbshit....
Nov 3, 2008 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
and stop rooting for the villains to turn good. i dont want a second rated villain to show up later on that has an a-law uniform.

INNOVATORS, wonder what is up in there sleeves. go ahead have a discussion as why one of them betrayed them(tieria)

wang lu is BACK! that made the episode for me. no neena and her transfroming gundam though.

and what happened to KATO, i love that guy.

wang lu is back.
Nov 3, 2008 1:41 AM

Feb 2008
Marina still isn't singing. Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 1:54 AM

Jan 2008
sanjica said:

And hopefully she won't ever think of doing such foolish thing.

I've had enough of Sunrise trying to introduce this Macross element into Emo Seed and Emo Seed Destiny: Razor Blades Counterattack. It was pitiful, corny and one of the reasons why these two were the worst installments in Gundam history.

Long story short, excessive singing doesn't suit Gundam series :F

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 3, 2008 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
kashim said:
sanjica said:

I've had enough of Sunrise trying to introduce this Macross element into Emo Seed and Emo Seed Destiny: Razor Blades Counterattack. It was pitiful, corny and one of the reasons why these two were the worst installments in Gundam history.

well she won't, we dont have to worry about that.
Nov 3, 2008 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
Was Tieria really joking? He said that he was after Sumeragi entered, leaving Allelujah deeply confused. It could be that he showed his real thoughts were just like what he would say back then for a minute to Allelujah, and then reverted back to his cover. However, I can't see any reason why he would do this.

Contrary to everyone else, I think this has made me hate Saji less. Now that he understands how it feels to be the cause of mass-destruction, I'm hoping he'll finally grow a spine and become a better character. It's getter tiring to hate him so much, seriously, and being a central stock character just makes things awkward. It's about time he started to change.

Yay for Papa bear~ (Sergei)

But yes. Massacre makes this a bad episode in terms of ... well, when was a massacre a good thing during war?

Well. SOMEone's got his Ahead controlstick shoved somewhere up his neither regions. So arrogant >_< I miss the un-Masked man T_T

CyriusNov 3, 2008 2:08 AM
Nov 3, 2008 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
re-watched the episode again. and i have found that a-laws are a bunch of totalitarian knobs. who deny the middle east access to solar energy. they simply want the rich to get richer and leave the middle eastern countries to keep using oil as its main resource. no wonder why cataron is rebelling.

after watching saji's dialogue, it got him some sympathy from me as he; like the others will now have a reason to fight. sad that this happened to him though. the inside job was just ridiculous. they should've gotten thicker doors.
Nov 3, 2008 5:20 AM

Jul 2008
Such a tragedy happened. Saji I hope he took his lesson.

And now Ali appears good...so...good -________-
Nov 3, 2008 6:50 AM

Sep 2006
Prince charming is back...
Its time for the herald~

Prince Ali! Charming is he!
Ali Al-Sarches...
Stronger than four Gundam Meisters, definitely~
He faced those GN-equipped hordes
And Exia of Seven Swords
Who sent those goons to their lords?
Why, Prince Ali~!

Prince Ali! Mighty is he!
Ali Al-Sarches...
Give him a gun[dam], watch the blood run, beautifully~
There is no one cooler than he
Who can blow up children with glee
And kill that Lockon easily
That's Prince Ali~!

Also, didn't Patrick die at the end of season 1...? It looked like the whole torso of his GN-X was blown off...wouldn't be surprised if he makes a return though.

I would love to hear Marina sing. Even if I didn't like Seed/Destiny, I still listen to its music all the time...and if anything is to be learned from Macross F, good vocals do wonders for creating that atmosphere of 'epic mech battles'.
...sadly, I doubt Gundam 00 will have anything like this, a different kind of thing than Seed or Macross.
Nov 3, 2008 7:43 AM

Jun 2008
Kuisanagi said:

There is no one cooler than he
Who can blow up children with glee
And kill that Lockon easily
That's Prince Ali~!

Also, didn't Patrick die at the end of season 1...? It looked like the whole torso of his GN-X was blown off...wouldn't be surprised if he makes a return though.

It makes me mad that Lockon's huuuge cannon didn't seem to do any damage to Ali's body, while Ali's one puny shot caused the GN arms to explode =( ... well okay, Ali was inside a Gundam and Lockon was floating in space while already injured. But still... I was hoping for a missing limb, which was replaced by robotic parts or something XD

I could've sworn I saw Patrick at the end of ep 25 though..... Where is he?! Did he go to some secluded place to train himself to be worthy for Kati? Well, his role is pretty much filled with that Lindt guy and Mr. Bushido XD so if he does come back, I hope he doesn't fail anymore XD

-----

A-LAWs is kinda boring as the villains. I don't like how it's so clear-cut who's the bad guys and who's the good guys. While A-LAWs have the old characters who doubt their actions, most of the new A-LAWs people are ugly, fat, and boring, and you know they're just gonna become cannon fodder. And their leader Katagiri is boring, has no personality whatsoever. Only Andrei is slightly interesting, but he hasn't done much yet.

I liked the fact that in season 1, there was no "bad guy" vs "good guy"; each faction has their own reasons and justifications that the viewer can sympathize. A-LAWs are just supposed to be bad, and you're supposed to hate them. I don't think they're the main baddies, but still pretty boring as villains.
Nov 3, 2008 8:00 AM

Aug 2007
Ali is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

And yes, it makes me slightly angry that he seems to be uninjured. -.-

But yeah, I foresee Sergei being killed off by A-LAWS, and Soma joining CB or something of the sort. And we all know that Saji is going to join CB now that he screwed up big time.

And no Haro makes WNF ANGRY. >:O

5/5 Because Ali is back.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 3, 2008 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
damn, watched this yesterday but i guess i forgot to post. anyway, Prince Ali has returned! great comeback, and it really looks like Saji is going to join Celestial Being. pretty much just as i figured this episode would be.
Nov 3, 2008 8:41 AM

Feb 2008
Great ep, I love the way it ended, with Ali showing up, very awesome.
Saji is an idiot, but ah well.
All in all, 5/5
Nov 3, 2008 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
Frito said:
kashim said:
sanjica said:

well she won't, we dont have to worry about that.

more crying Marina is fine though...

5/5 for this episode.

Wang Liu with ponytail is moe, the possibility that Lockon will be a traitor is less now, Louis might change side a few episode later(?), also Tiera cracks a joke.
Nov 3, 2008 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
kashim said:
sanjica said:

Well, we do NOT need to take "singing" for huge live pop performance. Marina singing can be a folk lullaby of her past to surviving kids from that Kataron base or anything not-as-bombastic-as-seed.

theanimeis said:

Wang Liu with ponytail is moe, the possibility that Lockon will be a traitor is less now, Louis might change side a few episode later(?), also Tiera cracks a joke.

Louise changing sides?... THAT Louise? Not likely...

And, oh , please, explain, why possibility of Lockon being a traitor has diminished? If anything its even more likelly now, with Kataron blaming CB for the "betrayal". He does not know the exact plans of CB. Not to mention that the one who seemingly betrayed Kataron(since Saji did nothing to betray CB or Kataron), will, most likely, be welcomed back to CB with(almost) open arms.

I sense Lyle/Saji confrontations later on...
AhenshihaelNov 3, 2008 9:24 AM
Nov 3, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
MapleRose said:
A-LAWs is kinda boring as the villains. I don't like how it's so clear-cut who's the bad guys and who's the good guys. While A-LAWs have the old characters who doubt their actions, most of the new A-LAWs people are ugly, fat, and boring, and you know they're just gonna become cannon fodder. And their leader Katagiri is boring, has no personality whatsoever. Only Andrei is slightly interesting, but he hasn't done much yet.

let's wait until the innovators make their initial move that will change everything. who knows? what if they are the ones who are using a-laws and are behind all this(we already know that sarchez might be working with them as a mercenary)

MapleRose said:
It makes me mad that Lockon's huuuge cannon didn't seem to do any damage to Ali's body, while Ali's one puny shot caused the GN arms to explode =( ... well okay, Ali was inside a Gundam and Lockon was floating in space while already injured. But still... I was hoping for a missing limb, which was replaced by robotic parts or something XD

we won't really know that until we see ali's entire body, but im pretty he injured something during that encounter. he probably lost more brain cells or something or lost his lower half of his body.

theanimeis said:

um stop confusing lousie with soma when they are inside the suit...... they look alike. they need the pink suit back.
Nov 3, 2008 11:50 AM
Jun 2007
Finally, Saji is going to pick a side in this war between CB and A-LAWS (its pretty obvious which he'll pick). I didn't necessarily hate the guy but I did find his rantings and his girlfriend's antic to be irksome. Amusing at times, but mostly irritating.

and huzzah for both Ali and Graham (I refuse to refer to him with his nickname since I find it incredibly pretentious) are in the stage. Here's to waiting for the chaos to commence with the 2 wreaking as much havoc against CB.

kashim said:
sanjica said:

I lol'd.

Yeah, just leave the singing to those who can properly implement it to the story.
avrcNov 3, 2008 12:03 PM
Nov 3, 2008 12:19 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode!

Just makes Saji realise his actions in the desert and witnesses the carnage and death it had caused.

But the ending matched its title!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 12:28 PM

Sep 2007
Man, hopefully Saji turns slightly less dumb soon. . .
Nov 3, 2008 12:32 PM
Nov 2007
J-970 said:
Man, hopefully Saji turns slightly less dumb soon. . .

Meh the man at the door was sly =O

Hopefully Setsuna goes in action in the next episode ^^
Nov 3, 2008 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Nevermind the fact that Hating-Saji is the newest cool thing in town, it would be good that people hating him would have valid and clear reasons on why.

He did not do anything in this episode to hate him.
But he did learn the meaning of being making a mistake without realized it which is will lead him to understand Setsuna later.

sanjica said:
Now she can become Yuna(FF10) and doing the praying dancing LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 3, 2008 2:13 PM

Sep 2008
I really like this show, I really do, but one thing pisses me off.
Why can't "dead" people stay dead. Everyone except Lockon and that "ace" pilot seem to have survived their combats. This show really needs to show some guts by killing some characters. I wouldn't be surprised to see Corner somehow surviving his fight with Setsuna as well.

DEAD PEOPLE DON'T COME BACK TO LIFE!
4/5

P.S. I still really like this show :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.