Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2011 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
Out of boredom I started to watch this show. I wasn't expecting anything and to my own surprise I really enjoyed it. First of all the male lead was really likeable and not the typical dense idiot you normally see in these kind of animes. The school didn't turn into a big harem for the guy, but the directors decided to develop the feelings of only two girls, which is a plus in my book. But still they wasted a lot of potential and left many unanswered questions. After episode 12 this show could easily go on for another 12 epsiodes.
Apr 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2007
Fail anime, dull, cliche, annnnnd Mizuho practically was a girl. I am disappoint. :C

May 9, 2011 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
chinsan said:
Not the ending I had envisioned.

I had hoped that Mizuho walk into the dance wearing the school dress then as all eyes were on him rip his clothes away much like the pool scene and be wearing a tux,there by revealing that he was indeed a Man and there would be a silence then the girls would fall in love with Mizuho allover again.Then the teachers would remark to each other"Do you think Mizuho will be forced to leave?" "no,I don't think the girls will allow it"

I feel like ive been trolled by the anime, as i was anticipating this ending so much
Jun 19, 2011 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
Ending was alright could of been better. Anyone notice Takako uniform changed from black too white? Overall score I gave 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2011 10:32 PM
Jun 2011
sn0w said:
Ending was alright could of been better. Anyone notice Takako uniform changed from black too white? Overall score I gave 7/10

LOL I'm glad someone else noticed it too...
Like seriously I noticed it right away... CHEATER

And yes I had quite a surprise about this anime's enjoyability. I thought it'd be more on the dull side (kind of like strawberry panic), but the characters are so alive in this one!
Dec 26, 2011 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
I've been wondering, in the end when the headmistress and the homeroom teacher were talking about how they didn't need to worry about Mizuho, was the headmistress speaking to the teacher when she said "Sachiho-san"? Because if this is true, or rather, whether it's true or not, if one misunderstands things easily like me then they'll think that the teacher is actually Mizuho's mom. You guys get where I'm going with this? I'm just looking for some confirmation here.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Dec 29, 2011 9:02 PM

Oct 2011
Just when Takako is about to confess, Mariya, the dumb slut, pops out of nowhere! Way to ruin the mood.
Very open ending... Meh. 7/10
Feb 6, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2010
I honestly thought that this was going to have an actual ending...
Very average show. Weak start, but step it up towards the end 6/10
huh?
Feb 19, 2012 3:33 AM
Jul 2018

OMG. I can't go to a school like that promoting YURI.

Overall, I'm really dissatisfied with the ending. I HATED IT.
Takako, get lost!
So many unanswered questions.
May 2, 2012 7:50 PM

Jan 2012
it was a pleasant anime,no more no less. fun to watch but nothin really happened. a nice way to pass the time
Aug 4, 2012 2:28 AM
Nov 2007
Takako was two scenes from turning this anime into a hentai. Anyways, this series was sub-par and gets a solid 5-6/10.
Aug 9, 2012 2:40 PM

May 2010
ended how i thought it would end.. why these animes never finish properly!!!

oh well, good stuff
Sep 14, 2012 8:34 PM

Oct 2011
Wiki Says Takako Went On To Some University...

I Take That As They Don't End Up Together ???
MizuhoxTakako?
Oct 25, 2012 11:33 PM

Aug 2011
i was hoping to see a mizuhoxmariya ending D: of course i didn't get it, and like always these sort of animes end ambiguously v.v. For what it's worth i dont regret it, and enjoyed it to some degree although i am wondering what happened to the cleavage mizuho had in the swimsuit episode. it was non existant at the end of it all.

Oh well i'll just get my full satisfaction when mangagamer releases the visual novel in english come this november.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Dec 12, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
ive played the vn and if anyone wants to know how takako's route ends here it is

i really liked takako in both versions. at first you think shes gonna be the biggest bitch in the game but thats not the case. she just loves seio so much.
mitchhamiltonFeb 11, 2013 12:31 PM
Dec 14, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
i just finished shion's path which was definitely the longest out of the 4 ive played. if anyone wants to know how hers ends here it is.

mitchhamiltonMar 1, 2013 3:21 AM
Mar 1, 2013 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
finished mariya's route and well.... its probably the worst one.

Mar 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2012
Just finished the series. It's a good thing I expected the worst coz I wasn't disappointed with my expectations... not that great!! The ending felt incomplete. It seems like there could be further potential development in both characters and plot but they stopped the show when they had the chance, leaving no more room to fix unsolved conflicts.

The main character, Mizuho is way too feminine (in appearance, mannerism, vocals)! He's a guy, shouldn't he have broad shoulders or something? Gawd, it seems like he's even more feminine than I am... or maybe I'm more boyish than him? lol! Anyway, he should remember he's a boy and not a girl. He should be happy to be surrounded by gorgeous girls, fighting over him, yet he shows no to very little reaction of interest. Come on!!

Anyway, I rated this a 6/10. Its a good show to pass the time. Would've rated it higher if Mizuho was a tad manlier (in appearance or personality), and if he chose a girl in the end.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 6, 2013 11:34 PM

May 2009
I really prefer to see Mizuho paired up with Shion. They would be a perfect couple together. Ending it with Takako, I can only think that it was more for a dramatic reason and nothing else.
Nov 26, 2013 3:11 AM

Oct 2010
When I first watched this series, I gave it a 8/10 because of the ambiguous/unsatisfying ending, but after re-watching it, I kinda of want to give it a 9/10.
I have a lot more fun re-watching this than when I watched for the first time. I would love if they made a short OVA series to answer the open question and finish the series as it was supposed too.
Takako x Mizuho all day every day.
Jun 11, 2014 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
While this was really cute, I have mixed feelings about it. The manga had an actual ending which was nice, but in the manga, the ghost is gone and in the anime, she stays which is really nice because I really liked her.
I feel like this would have been a lot better if they didn't leave the ending so...open ended like this. We never figured out who Mizuho liked in the anime, but we found how who liked him, which is nice and all, but...I don't know.
I also hate that Shion didn't get more screen time especially since she was the first friend that Mizuho made and she felt like a really important character.
Jul 20, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
I picked Takako in the VN. Couldn't find a better ending. Too bad in the anime it leaned toward Shion.

Sep 21, 2014 4:47 AM

May 2008
Great anime, I was suprised how much I enjoyed it and the end was good too.
I think they don't really need to make the MC a boy since there isn't that much of a difference lol She act totally like a girl! It wasn't too moe but cute and so elegant, it was a pleasant experience :) I think he is aiming for the harem route at the end lol 10/10
Nov 20, 2015 3:07 AM

Feb 2010
MarineFury said:
sn0w said:

LOL I'm glad someone else noticed it too...
Like seriously I noticed it right away... CHEATER!

Does it mean something?

This show is very even. It blends comedy, "aww factor", yuri, drama into one show. I haven't been watching such a good show for a while. Sadly, last few episodes was little worse. I was thinking to give this anime 8 or 9, but now it's "only" 8.
Mar 30, 2016 7:37 AM

Dec 2010
IAmTheMinozaSR said:
I've been wondering, in the end when the headmistress and the homeroom teacher were talking about how they didn't need to worry about Mizuho, was the headmistress speaking to the teacher when she said "Sachiho-san"? Because if this is true, or rather, whether it's true or not, if one misunderstands things easily like me then they'll think that the teacher is actually Mizuho's mom. You guys get where I'm going with this? I'm just looking for some confirmation here.

I'm replying to a post 5 years ago but this part really stuck to me. The series never did say anything what happened to his mother right and why she is faked her death. I wonder what the importance of the teacher being his mom is. Well aside from that one advice.
booyah10Mar 30, 2016 8:07 AM
Apr 24, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2011
booyah10 said:
IAmTheMinozaSR said:

I'm replying to a post 5 years ago but this part really stuck to me. The series never did say anything what happened to his mother right and why she is faked her death. I wonder what the importance of the teacher being his mom is. Well aside from that one advice.

Five years later and I remember nothing with regard to the context or idea behind what I posted here, which makes me want to re-watch this anime.

Hard to believe it's been five years; when I got the notification that you quoted a post of mine on this thread I thought it would have been three years ago at most.
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Oct 9, 2016 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
Honestly this is an enjoyable show. Just don'r get your expectations up.

No kiss at the end. T___T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
mitchhamilton said:

is the visual novel really better?
Oct 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
ezaya said:
mitchhamilton said:

is the visual novel really better?

i think so, yeah. its available for purchase in english if you ever wanna check it out. got some nice h as well which is always nice.
Dec 5, 2017 2:22 PM

Oct 2015
I am glad Mizuho never revealed his gender to the school and also making up with Takako. I felt even though it was supposed to be part romance, it didn't live up to it ( they shouldn't deceive us like that). I liked no I mean loved everything about this one, the characters were all impressive and the enjoyment was great. Even if the plot was a bit not there it still was fun to watch, weird but enjoyed it.

I still don't have a clear reason why he had to trap but I didn't care as long as it was entertaining, the most important reason.
So a weird 8/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 16, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
They would have filled any line from the visual novel minus the ecchii scene
Apr 17, 2018 9:23 AM
Mar 2017
I've finished playing the VN, it was great
I love Shion's route
Takako too
But anime is rather dissapointing for me
Shion didn't much appear, in fact she is an important character
Jan 24, 2021 7:38 AM

Aug 2018
I think you were great onee-sama, Mizuho, really.. You can't do anything about your gender, really.. But you helped people around, really, as well as was their friend, and was a pretty good symbol for school as well..
So.. What would Mizuho plan to do after ball?.. Like, exchange schools, or something?..
And well.. Now on the dance time, everyone remembers, what they are thankful Mizuho for..
That was a nice shot, when everyone said "Onee-sama!" at 21:28.. Also lol that girl with glasses who hanged all the time with Takako is also among these girls.. ;P
Overall, it was a great series.. 10/10.. ;P Atmosphere was very enjoyable, girls as well, and Mizuho was best girl, really.. ;P
Jun 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Dec 2015
Way to go Mariya! When she gave that pep talk to Takako, I was fully expecting Mariya to surpress her feelings for Mizuho and stop pursuing him romantically, so that Takako could get together with him. (Seen it plenty of time in other Anime after all). But nope, Mariya literally pulled the plug on Takako's advancements xD This was very refreshing to see! Even if the ending was left very open, I enjoyed it nonetheless :) It makes me hopeful that Mariya still has a chance at getting together with Mizuho!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Isn't this just Maria HoliC???

Foreall908 - Sep 11, 2023

1 by Dofinak »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:46 AM

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru Episode 4 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 29, 2008

14 by elgatosaika »»
May 30, 2023 3:32 PM

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru Episode 5 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 29, 2008

8 by Punkero »»
Oct 24, 2021 1:06 PM

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru Episode 1 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 27, 2008

15 by Punkero »»
Oct 22, 2021 8:43 PM

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru Episode 11 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 30, 2008

9 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 24, 2021 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.