Forum Settings
Forums

K-ON! Movie and Yuru Yuri Win 17th Animation Kobe Awards

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 12, 2012 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
dtshyk said:
According to the official website, the winners of the 17th Animation Kobe are as follows:

Individual Award
Agematsu Noriyasu (Music producer, "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000%", "Senki Zesshou Symphogear")

Special Award
SANZIGEN (CGI studio, "Tiger & Bunny", "009 Re:Cyborg")

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Best Theme Song
Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos ("Haiyore! Nyaruko-san")

Source: Animation Kobe official website

OMG epic Yuru Yuri. :)
Oct 12, 2012 10:07 PM
Jan 2010
Ware ware (」・ω・)」Ooh!
Yare yare (/・ω・)/ Nyaa!
Haters gonna hate \(・ω・)/LET'S NYAA!
Oct 12, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2009
Everyone loves Akarin
Oct 12, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
Alpha_Centauri said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Best Theme Song

Seriously though, what the shit.
No kidding. What a lol.
Oct 12, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2009
dtshyk said:
Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Best Theme Song

I approve of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2012 10:25 PM
Aug 2012
Hell yea, about time they recognize Moe for the true art form that it is.

Haters gotta hate.

Yuru Yuri - Best comedy since Lucky Star and Minami Ke Season 1. Sword Art and Fate Zero were decent, but that chuuni bullshits been on television since Bebop, Ninja Scroll and that old Adult Swim stuff in the 80's. Rivalrun and Ganbo-sama is where it's at baby!
Oct 12, 2012 10:35 PM

Feb 2010
What's wrong with them? o.O
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 12, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2011
Ha that;s surprising!
Oct 12, 2012 10:44 PM

Apr 2011
MoeWatchinMadman said:
Hell yea, about time they recognize Moe for the true art form that it is.

Haters gotta hate.

Yuru Yuri - Best comedy since Lucky Star and Minami Ke Season 1. Sword Art and Fate Zero were decent, but that chuuni bullshits been on television since Bebop, Ninja Scroll and that old Adult Swim stuff in the 80's. Rivalrun and Ganbo-sama is where it's at baby!

Not sure if trolling, or serious....
Oct 12, 2012 10:48 PM

Oct 2011
don't care much about K-ON, but i approve yuru yuri and nyaruko~

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Oct 12, 2012 11:05 PM

Oct 2011
dtshyk said:
Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Best Theme Song

Good job Japan, good job!
There is some hope for you.
Nice to see that those good products are being appreciated by people who actually matter :)

ALL HAIL AKANE!
ALL HAIL!
and let's bring 3rd season of it :)
Oct 12, 2012 11:25 PM

Dec 2011
Yuru Yuri unexpected but well deserved.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2012 11:28 PM
Nov 2010
dtshyk said:
Individual Award
Agematsu Noriyasu (Music producer, "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000%", "Senki Zesshou Symphogear")
Best Theme Song

This I'm willing to agree with.

dtshyk said:

Special Award
SANZIGEN (CGI studio, "Tiger & Bunny", "009 Re:Cyborg")
Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

This I don't agree with but I can understand the appeal and reasoning behind it.

dtshyk said:

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

But this? This I don't understand.
Oct 12, 2012 11:29 PM

Sep 2011
Figured everyone goes for Moe these days.
Oct 12, 2012 11:30 PM
Nov 2010
Yuru Yuri is great, so it isn't a surprise.
Oct 13, 2012 12:05 AM

Jul 2010
well that was surprising.

Oct 13, 2012 12:27 AM

Sep 2009
I found Yuru Yuri to be pretty hilarious and the K-ON movie was pretty good as well. Of course the anti-moe people are going to object to these choices...
Oct 13, 2012 12:31 AM

May 2011
Yuru Yuri won an award? That's surprising.
Oct 13, 2012 12:42 AM

Apr 2011
what. Yuru Yuri. gg.
My Anaconda dont want none unless you've got a brain, class, and aren't acting like a total hoe.~

Oct 13, 2012 12:43 AM

Feb 2010
SilentTruth said:
Yuru Yuri won an award? That's surprising.
It's a miracle seriously.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 13, 2012 12:58 AM
May 2012
k-on deserves it because it is actually the best anime movie ( next to suzumiya haruhi ),
but yuru yuri, meh...^^
Oct 13, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
2 yuri-ish series getting awards.
The world is actually changing. i have no complaints here though.
Oct 13, 2012 2:03 AM

Mar 2011
If you consider this is a Japan award not US or bla bla....it's not surprising considering the popularity there. Both K-On and Yuru Yuri are at least good..... So, I'll not complain
Oct 13, 2012 2:08 AM

Feb 2012
I haven't watched K-ON(TV) of the movie, nor do i plan to(ive more or less quit anime..somewhat because my time is heavily limited so ill just focus on a hadfull on the longrun) but im sure i have no right to judge if it deserved the award or not. Especially after knocking The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu for be overrated more garbage, but after watching and with the sudden realization of how awesome this series is, thus justifying it's popularity. The K-ON movie won the award for a reason and if it's anything the haruhi movie....do i need to explain more.

As for Yui Yuri, i watched episode 1-3(impossible for me to marathon more than 3 eps a month) last week and i immediately loved the series. It's embarrassing but still :p, i need to catch up with it though but im so busy with college, i literally have no time for anime...and that sucks.
Oct 13, 2012 2:29 AM

Jul 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
dtshyk said:
Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

Whoa. Cool. Third season when?

Yep yep yep
Oct 13, 2012 2:35 AM

Mar 2012
ZBurn said:
I haven't watched K-ON(TV) of the movie, nor do i plan to(ive more or less quit anime..somewhat because my time is heavily limited so ill just focus on a hadfull on the longrun) but im sure i have no right to judge if it deserved the award or not. Especially after knocking The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu for be overrated more garbage, but after watching and with the sudden realization of how awesome this series is, thus justifying it's popularity. The K-ON movie won the award for a reason and if it's anything the haruhi movie....do i need to explain more.

The world needs more people like you. I'm glad you know when to keep your mouth shut.
Oct 13, 2012 2:47 AM

Jan 2010
Whoa awesome. I'm happy YRYR has such a big fanbase in Japan c:
Oct 13, 2012 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, didn't expect it. I'm so glad the best comedy since Minami-ke gets acknowledged.
Oct 13, 2012 3:22 AM

Apr 2012
Yay for K-on and what the hell Yuru Yuri Fate/Zero 2 should've won >.<
Oct 13, 2012 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
ZBurn said:

The world needs more people like you. I'm glad you know when to keep your mouth shut.

I agree with everything this guy said. Kudos to you man, best post ive seen in a while. Dont knock a series if you haven't even watched it. Which most of the haters didn't. The world really need more levelheaded people like you, but sadly the anime community are full of hateful and judgmental people.
Oct 13, 2012 3:32 AM

Mar 2009
Sanguis said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

What. How can this be?

I agree :S
Oct 13, 2012 3:41 AM

Mar 2011
Not surprised but well done.

Yvese said:
I approve.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Oct 13, 2012 3:53 AM

Jul 2011
Akari did it !
Oct 13, 2012 4:22 AM

Feb 2010
yuri yuri ??? how ???
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 13, 2012 4:57 AM

Mar 2012
I approve of K-On and Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Chaos.
Oct 13, 2012 4:59 AM

Jun 2012
Yuru Yuri? Didnt see that coming ._. lol
Oct 13, 2012 5:33 AM
Feb 2012
Yuru Yuri FTW! ;)
Oct 13, 2012 5:41 AM

Sep 2012
The first anime that I bought its every single BD first-hand (not second-hand) in Japan is

YURU YURI !!!!

The only anime movie that I flew to Japan to watch in theater is

K-ON !!!!

I congratulate these two anime as well as myself (as an early and enthusiastic supporter)
symbvOct 13, 2012 9:05 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
decent list...

K-ON! Movie deserves the award...

But then while I'm a fans of YrYr, I think Fate/Zero deserves this award better... just saying
Oct 13, 2012 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
YES.

YURU YURI.

I LOVE YOU JAPAN.

SEASON 3 WHEN?
Oct 13, 2012 5:46 AM

Jul 2010
I can't stop being baffled by the popularity of K-ON!. I tried watching a few moe shows with cute girls and they all seem the same to me. I can understand that some people like moe, but it seems that K-ON is much more popular than anything else in the category. What exactly makes K-ON stand out from the other moe shows?
Oct 13, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
Reinou said:
I can't stop being baffled by the popularity of K-ON!. I tried watching a few moe shows with cute girls and they all seem the same to me. I can understand that some people like moe, but it seems that K-ON is much more popular than anything else in the category. What exactly makes K-ON stand out from the other moe shows?

I would leave it to some other people to talk about what makes K-ON stand out, but one thing I would say is that fans love different moe shows because they can tell the differences between those shows and their characters. If they all look the same to you then the so-called "moe show" (as I said before, actually most of the midnight anime these days are moe show anyway, but whatever) is probably not for you already.
symbvOct 13, 2012 7:55 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 7:52 AM

Mar 2012
Reinou said:

If Kyoto Animation just did a straightforward adaptation of the manga then it would have been just another moe show. But the amount of love that they put into making it is what made it so popular. Sure it's a cash cow. I'm not going to deny that. But it's popular because the animation studio actually care about the finished product. They put a lot of detail into the backgrounds, use real life locations and guitar models, create a multitude of unique songs for the anime and have really high production values. Plus, the cast is one of the best in any slice of life.

But, I kind of expect a comment like that from someone who never finished season 2 or watched the movie. So I'll forgive your stupidity
Oct 13, 2012 8:20 AM
Sep 2011
Kinda bums me out that K-On's winning awards, but Nichijou did so poorly that it's not likely to get a second season. I'm happy for Yuru Yuri though. A third season would be nice, or maybe a movie?

SquadmemberRitsu said:

But, I kind of expect a comment like that from someone who never finished season 2 or watched the movie. So I'll forgive your stupidity

I never even finished the first season. How stupid does that make me?
Oct 13, 2012 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
Yuru Yuri is entertaining. That's for sure.

But anime of the year? I think that's a little much...
Oct 13, 2012 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
Damonashu said:
dtshyk said:

Best Anime Movie
K-ON! Movie

Best TV Anime
Yuru Yuri series

So I'm guessing no other movie came out then? Because surely, that is the only way this could be possible right? And all those anime I've seen that aren't Yuru Yuri are from me hallucinating I'm guessing?

I get that those type of anime tend to sell like hotcakes, which I might add, I have never actually seen a sale for, but to get best tv anime and best anime movie? Surely there is something amiss here?

Anyway to see the other nominees?

Agreed O.o Just what has become of this world...
Oct 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Damonashu said:

So I'm guessing no other movie came out then? Because surely, that is the only way this could be possible right? And all those anime I've seen that aren't Yuru Yuri are from me hallucinating I'm guessing?

I read the comments by the judges (and they are not short) - I believe they gave solid reasons for their choice. It may not be agreeable to everybody but I can see how they came to that conclusion.
Damonashu said:

I get that those type of anime tend to sell like hotcakes, which I might add, I have never actually seen a sale for, but to get best tv anime and best anime movie? Surely there is something amiss here?

I am not sure if Yuru Yuri can be said as "sell like hotcakes". It sold well, yes, but like hotcakes? I am not entirely sure.
Damonashu said:

No, because it was stated that all anime that was aired between 2011 July and 2012 June would be considered.

Oct 13, 2012 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
symbv said:
Damonashu said:

I read the comments by the judges (and they are not short) - I believe they gave solid reasons for their choice. It may not be agreeable to everybody but I can see how they came to that conclusion.
Damonashu said:

I am not sure if Yuru Yuri can be said as "sell like hotcakes". It sold well, yes, but like hotcakes? I am not entirely sure.
Damonashu said:

No, because it was stated that all anime that was aired between 2011 July and 2012 June would be considered.
Then perhaps you can give me a bit of clearance with the case of Yuru Yuri, since you say it was the first BD you bought first hand. I see that K-ON was apparently lovingly handled, but what about Yuru Yuri makes it "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke,' and what more, the best anime to come out within that time frame? Your personal opinion mind you, though I'd also like to see the judges comment.
Oct 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2008
Best tv serie What ????
Oct 13, 2012 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
Damonashu said:
Then perhaps you can give me a bit of clearance with the case of Yuru Yuri, since you say it was the first BD you bought first hand. I see that K-ON was apparently lovingly handled, but what about Yuru Yuri makes it "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke,' and what more, the best anime to come out within that time frame? Your personal opinion mind you, though I'd also like to see the judges comment.

I indeed said I bought all YY BD's and at firsthand too, and I am proud to be a YY fan (and I firmly believe YY was lovingly handled by the anime staff too, given I approached the anime being a fan of the manga already). But I did not say "the best comedy anime since Minami-ke" and neither did the judges (who said that?). In fact if I had my vote, I probably would not vote for YY for such award, but as I said I am sure there are people who would not agree with the choice but at least the judges explained themselves.

As for "the best anime series", well it depends what you think "best" is versus what the judges think "best" is.

They gave several reasons for their choice, but besides the usual reason of staff showing love to their creation and the series is interesting and fascinating, one thing stood out: How the anime production managed to gradually turn the relatively little known source material into something of a talk in town among the anime fans in Japan, which clearly needed sophisticated planning and strategy as well as good understanding about the Yuri (be it hard yuri or soft yuri) niche market as well as the general anime market.

And I can state a few other reasons that were mentioned in addition
- Although it is slice-of-life with calm and laid back daily life, it is also spiced with its own "incongruities", and these elements (including wild imaginations and absurd situations/talks) are perfectly timed.
- Slice-of-life anime served a 'healing purpose" but just that would not be sufficient to explain YuruYuri's popularity. The extensive interactions among fans are not just about "healing". They talked about various things in the anime or ideas provided by the anime production and they helped to raise its popularity even further.
- High level of sakuga
- Memorable and clever character design
- Strong performance by seiyuu
etc etc
symbvOct 13, 2012 11:53 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

3 by Rinrinka »»
35 minutes ago

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
11 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Today, 5:36 AM

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.