Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Ajunky said:
(And also, what was the point of that resurrection item? just a red herring?)

when did that happen? I don't think I noticed that

Episode 3, remeber?

ohhh I thought he was talking about from this episode lol

yea i remember
Oct 6, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Ajunky said:
(And also, what was the point of that resurrection item? just a red herring?)

when did that happen? I don't think I noticed that

Episode 3, remeber?

It's been an almost a year since then, Kirito told Klein to use it on the first person he sees that dies.

Oct 2011
prismheart said:
The costs associated with keeping the 6000 plus players alive must be through the roof.
The cost of insurance and any other clams will be even higher.
Like guy is dead (let's asume) but company that made game and that helmets - why will go down in flames (if didn't already).

And since there is story left...
I would love this as ending episode.
Mar 2012
Braces yourselves, the ALO arc is coming.
Oct 6, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
I can't wait to see the next episode.I want to know what happened to Asuna.
exwordOct 6, 2012 1:22 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
QuiGonJon said:
Well, now whats going to happen? ._. I know its not over but how are things going to go from here? Honestly, I just want to see next weeks so kirito and Asuna can be reunited in real life.

Le fuuu

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 6, 2012 1:18 PM

Apr 2011
xtremexx said:
Wonder how much they are going to cover, could they cover gun gale too?

Spoiler tag please:

Great episode.The battle,KiritoxAsuna moments, Kayaba(that guy), the OST, everything :D

Can't wait for next week!!
Oct 6, 2012 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
meepsheep said:
Horrible end to that arc. :/ First half is way too rushed, even if I didn't read LN. The romance is so forced that I can't bear to watch it. 2/5 for this episode.
If anything they already drag this shit, its just like that on novel.
Oct 6, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
YES! Now commence, ALO project!!!
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute. however, there are other cuter characters like Shino, Suguha, Sachi and Silica. I thought she was a bit clingy ever since they started dating. It's my opinion so don't go bash me because I don't like Asuna as much as the other girls.
Oct 6, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
Is it me or... (spoiler for both accel world and sao)

Hurdurdur?
Oct 6, 2012 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
The good thing about ALO is that it actually takes time to develop a character that isn't Kirito and Asuna (you know..so we can actually give 2 craps about them). Also the plot is a lot more focused so the pacing is 20 times better.

The problem is the villain is even worse than the villain of this arc (if that can be believed haha).

This episode was horrible in the LN but not quite as bad here, still pretty stupid though. Sailor moon style ending ftw~
Oct 6, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
SaraSlurpsCoffee said:
And will the episode still be coming out next week or will there be a delay?

still comes out next week
Oct 6, 2012 1:23 PM
Oct 2010
prismheart said:
The costs associated with keeping the 6000 plus players alive must be through the roof.
Not to mention that everyone has their own room...

Future Japan sure looks magnanimous in the public health department.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 6, 2012 1:24 PM

Nov 2009
well this arc ending was done well, couldn't expect more from them if everything was just crammed into one single episode.

Although it felt rushed, but this ep contained everything I could imagine when reading the novel. But without explanation, the fact that kirito still alive after his health dropped down to 0 still annoyed the hell out of me if I haven't read the novel first, felt like plot armor.

Anyway, waiting for ALO, we're gonna see a lot of amazing stuff out there xD.
Oct 6, 2012 1:27 PM

May 2012
Was i stupid to think that the main characters would live through the whole of the series (i certainly thought so when a certain person got slashed XD) i'm not even joking i was trying to make words but all that came out were profanities and A LOT of angry arm flailing :)
Oct 6, 2012 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
ThanatosPersona said:
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute. however, there are other cuter characters like Shino, Suguha, Sachi and Silica. I thought she was a bit clingy ever since they started dating. It's my opinion so don't go bash me because I don't like Asuna as much as the other girls.

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show. :/ I find her really tsundere and annoying though LOL
Oct 6, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Fuck yeah!
Oct 6, 2012 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
jimmypod said:
Is it me or... (spoiler for both accel world and sao)

Pretty sure its just you; i wouldn't consider

Oct 6, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode and an awesome fight, not to mention emotional.

Oct 6, 2012 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
Da fuck did I just watch?
Oct 6, 2012 1:32 PM
Mar 2008
For a moment there I thought it was the final episode so I was wtfing the whole time.
What's this ALO you've been talking about?
Oct 6, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
I hope they can explain what happened just now..
Still looking forward to the next arc ^^
Oct 6, 2012 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
draker said:

It's the abbreviation for the second arc of SAO. Without spoiling it to you, more crazy shit happens to everyone. :P
Oct 6, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
draker said:
For a moment there I thought it was the final episode so I was wtfing the whole time.

The next online game they play, so they can drag out the story more.
Oct 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this! Can't wait for the next episode, want to see how ALO looks like :)
Oct 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2010
draker said:

Its the second arc; SAO covers volumes 1 and 2 (plus the SS Aria which was episode 2 and the Murder case in volume 8 which took up two episodes). Volume 3 and 4 cover ALO; the ending of volume 4 should be the end of this series.
Oct 6, 2012 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the part when Kirito and Asuna were in the sky but... I can't say I liked Heathcliff vs Kirito part. It's not badly done but below my expectations. Nonetheless, still a very enjoyable episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 6, 2012 1:39 PM
Sep 2012
I was kinda expecting more out of the final two boss battles. The last episode ended really good and in this one it ended really quickly. The big reveal was nice but in this too I was like "that's it?" I guess my expectations were just too high.

With that said, I did like the whole "afterlife" scene when everything was explained and Asuna and Kirito had their good-byes. Kirito waking up in the hospital with long hair and then getting up looking for Asuna was really sweet. Unrealistic due to atrophy but really nice. I give this arc a 7/10.
meepsheep said:
ThanatosPersona said:

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show. :/ I find her really tsundere and annoying though LOL
The tsundere thing doesn't annoy me that much since it isn't that bad and it spices things up in relationship.
Oct 6, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
An episode. Nothing more, nothing less.

Buckle up for ALO!
Oct 6, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm so ALO is also only 2 volumes overall... it should be split evenly, but now 14 episodes of SAO passed and only 11 for ALO left...
Oct 6, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2010
exostalker said:
Hmm so ALO is also only 2 volumes overall... it should be split evenly, but now 14 episodes of SAO passed and only 11 for ALO left...

SAO had more pages and more content than ALO, a lot of the stuff in ALO can be animated more quickly. Its also a straight line adaption so no side stories.
Oct 6, 2012 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Scoops said:

Its an episode? you don't say....

Gosh, is that the best they you can imply it? :/

What I'm trying to say is that it wasn't good episode, but it wasn't bad episode either. It was simply just an episode.
Oct 6, 2012 1:45 PM

May 2011
Didn't really like the final stab part. It seemed rather"Meh". Almost like they tried TOO hard to make it stand out as Asuna willing Kirito on. I think the symbolic gesture of him finishing off Heathcliff with his dead wife's Rapier would have been good enough.

The rest of it was amazing.

I get the feeling that the space where Kirito and Asuna shared their final moments is the place where dead players go to wait out a time buffer that is built into the system. Asuna had died mere moments before Kirito and Heathcillf. maybe she was still waiting for he demise when Kirito showed up. With backups in case of errors and other anomalies, it probably was about 30-45 seconds or so waiting in limbo. This probably included time for the Christmas resurrect item.

But since the game was defeated within that limbo time frame maybe Kirito and Asuna were spared the final nervgear self destruct. Being that the game being cleared superseded the self destruct command.

Yes, the next arc will be disturbing to say the least. I see some people are giving out hints. Be prepared to rage.
CirrisOct 6, 2012 2:00 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2011
YES! D'': This episode was really sad though. The end. KiritoxAsuna shipper forever. That ending scene, the tears.

Anyways, I expect that the ALO arc is next?? :DD It's my favourite arc~ I think they should go ahead and make an anime of all the novels, they're all so good.

Oct 6, 2012 1:51 PM

Dec 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:

Oct 6, 2012 1:52 PM
Feb 2012
meepsheep said:
ThanatosPersona said:
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute.

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show.

Look at Asuna I love her because she's has waifu traits, she's just going to be in a kitchen cooking my food and having my babies all day :DD
Those are the cutest things a girl could ever do!!

May 2012
WOAH! They're in the real world now?! Dang this is turning into the Matrix or something! What's the rest of the series gonna be like now? Are they just gonna try to find each other in the real world? Are they gonna have real world sword fights and stuff?! Will the Sword Art Online world come back better than ever? Man I'm mad hype right now! At first I was really bummed because I thought they were gonna die and the series was just gonna end like that. But then Kirito showed up all malnourished and stuff and then the credits started rolling and I thought it was gonna be a cliffhanger ending! But there's more episodes! Awesomeness! Amazing episode! I love this show!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 2012
Really emotional episode ,and just leaves you there waiting or more!
Oct 6, 2012 1:53 PM

Dec 2010
Karpola said:
hyperknees91 said:
draker said:

So they learned nothing from this and just wear another nervegear as they see one? I don't get it.

Jul 2012
lmfao i had a feeling it will end like this. Not suprised or really impressed. So is the next episode ALO? or does it show more of what happens in the real world?

Feb 2010
i prefer the ALO part over SAO so i'm happy that we finally left SAO behind us.
Oct 6, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2012
hey wtf super ep is this.. i thought when u die on game u will die on other world too?? kirito and asuna died but they win the game does that explain why they're still alive?

Oct 6, 2012 1:55 PM
Sep 2011
Karpola said:
hyperknees91 said:
draker said:

So they learned nothing from this and just wear another nervegear as they see one? I don't get it.

lol amusphere to be exact, cause nervegear was stopped producing due to safety reason.
And there's another reason for them to dive in another world, they have to.

Mar 2011
Amazing episode,the duel was good and Aincrad destoying was sadness.
Jul 2012
DarkTemptation said:
hey wtf super ep is this.. i thought when u die on game u will die on other world too?? kirito and asuna died but they win the game does that explain why they're still alive?

obviously the guy lied
Oct 6, 2012 1:56 PM
Sep 2011
ahneeme said:
meepsheep said:
ThanatosPersona said:
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute.

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show.

Look at Asuna I love her because she's has waifu traits, she's just going to be in a kitchen cooking my food and having my babies all day :DD
Those are the cutest things a girl could ever do!!

lol too bad bro, it's not your baby, it's kirito-kun's baby
Oct 6, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
Rush much?

Some guy one another forum said this was a perfect ep.
I say, not even close.
It was rushed as I've said, it was confusing.
It was lame that we didn't get to see more of that boss battle.
First I thought Asuna died of course, I was shocked, then she comes back and I think she lived, then Kirito starts to cry a lot, then he wakes up and says Asuna and walks out.
So I guess he's gonna look for her. SO IS SHE DEAD OR NOT? :P
What will happen in the next ep is so predictable, especially with that titile. Of coruse he'll go back.

I'm so disappointed at this ep, GAH.
Just make Klein the main, he's cooler XD

Dec 2010
JavierR said:
lmfao i had a feeling it will end like this. Not suprised or really impressed. So is the next episode ALO? or does it show more of what happens in the real world?

Next episode will set up ALO; just as the title indicates its the "Return" to the real world.
Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Scoops said:
Its an episode? you don't say....
Ah, let me deepen the description: Televised segment of drawn animation, transmitted over an approximate period of 24 minutes, consisting of a series of 24 pictures per second to give the illusion of movement, and composed in such a way that illustrates the narration of a story.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 6, 2012 1:58 PM

May 2012
This episode actually made me cry a bit(alot*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gotta love anime.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.