Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2012 9:57 AM
Oct 2007
Why is he the leader? With shown abilities being very very restricted, in my opnion a few of the Troupe's members are a lot stronger.
Setting Hisoka aside, Ubougin, Phinks and some other members would hove no problem defeating him.
"Bandit's Secret."
The theft happens under strict conditions:
He must witness the Nen ability in action with his eyes.
He must ask about the ability and be answered by the victim.
His victim's palm must touch the handprint on the cover of Bandit's Secret.
Chrollo carrying the Bandit's Secret
All of the above must be done within an hour.
To use one of the stolen abilities, he first conjures Bandit's Secret and turns to the page of the wanted ability. While using an ability, Chrollo must turn to the page with the ability on it and the book must remain opened in his right hand; this means he could only have access to one chosen ability at a time. Additionally, an ability vanishes from the book if its former owner dies.
It is also stated that he must endure 4 to 5 hardships before he can steal an ability.
LunaSep 21, 2012 1:06 AM
Sep 20, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
Who says you have to be the strongest to be the leader? People choose to follow another person usually based on their personality, morals, or charisma.

Explaining his ability doesn't prove at all that he shouldn't be the learder, just that his ability is special and has a lot of restrictions.
Sep 20, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
I believe we haven't been shown even half of his true battle prowess. I hope we'll get to see him more in the Dark Continent arc (assuming
)
I can see beauty where others see ugliness. That either makes me an artist or a person of very poor taste (с)

Sep 20, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
It takes more to be a leader than just raw phsyical strength. If you haven't noticed throughout these episodes by now the outstanding leadership qualities Kuroro possesses then I'm not sure you will be able to pick up on them. Kuroro is able to control all of their different personalities and abilities and get them to work together under a cohesive unit. That takes special qualities.

Just because members like Phinks and Uvogin are physically stronger than Kuroro, doesn't mean that in a one on one Nen fight they could beat him. Kuroro is most likely a more skilled fighter

Remember that there are more to Nen fights than just raw psychial strength. Given the right situation, the right circumstances, and even the right matchup, any Nen user can beat any Nen user. Just because Kuroro is physically weaker than Uvogin and Phinks, doesn't mean that he could be defeated by them.
Sep 20, 2012 12:16 PM
Oct 2007
Ok first off my I did not presume that they are stronger physically, I did not say that.It was just my opinion that Phinks Hisoka and Uvogin are strong(Not in physical streght alone) And second.... His leading skills did not turn out that great with Hisoka did they?
And third the members are not controlled, they fight all the time, It's their tallent for stealing and killing and their past that holds them together.
Sep 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2010
Because the ability to copy other powers is a very strong ability that depends more on the users brain than brawn. Obviously if you had Lucifer's powers you'd be crushed by Phinks in the blink of an eye, but Lucifer would live long enough for his conditions to be met.

Sep 20, 2012 3:56 PM

Aug 2012
wee spoilers~ :|

anyway, Chrollo, like the above posts say, has leadership traits, and he doesn't control (as in strictly regulate, or mind-control-like) the Spiders, but they do respect him and thus agree to listen to him. He's the leader because he was the one that brought them together, and he keeps them together
. (Hisoka is an exception because he had ulterior motives before even joining, and he's not even (technically?) a member in the first place...)
And your question hasn't really been clearly explained in what there is of the actual story either. (Chrollo or the Spider's past still hasn't been explained much..)
Sep 20, 2012 7:01 PM

Jan 2012
Haven't you seen what chrollo has done so far? He's just sitting down anylazing and figuring everything out just from hearing about it. He has a plan for everything and is almost never unprepared.

Aug 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2015
The troupe's made up of [probably] orphans from meteor city. childhood friends.
chrollo gathered them and put the troupe together. He is the actual founder. He was almost like their Onii-chan as kids. thats why hes the leader.
Aug 3, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
Chrollo has thousands of abilities and we only saw like 3. I'm pretty sure he is very powerful.
Aug 3, 2015 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Imagine if Uvogin was the leader.

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.