Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 16, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2011
Hah, who would believe that mighty "Monkey" will really die and leave everyone in sorrow... not me, hopefully you not either! ^^

Finally some depression and rage... aaah I was waiting for this moment.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 16, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2008
I have little to no doubt that Yoshiharu is alive and well. Rather than an explosive, I bet that bomb was nothing more than a flash grenade of sorts to give the impression he's dead.
Sep 16, 2012 4:05 PM
Mar 2012
He still live and mitsuhide too
as long no one found head and body
its always like this pattern
Sep 16, 2012 4:23 PM
Nov 2010
That episode made me cry, i know that yoshiharu and mitsuhide is still alive but when i see nobuna and nene cry ,i cried. Great episode i wish there's a season 2 because the conquest for uniting japan is not yet over after episode 12 next week.
Sep 16, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
Holy shit. I can't find any indication that he is alive. Though I believed that that was just Hanzo's substitution jutsu or somethiing, he might be dead. Some LN reader message me about the spoiler please. I wanna know. Wtf. asdasdgjka. Next episode is the last one? Juubei was dumb. Why did she do that? Suiciding? >_> Zero points for Nobuna.................

This Anime contniues to impress me. Im speechless.

otaku_93 said:
is it not obvious that yoshiharu is alive, considering how the familiar of Hanbie(who is way too loyal to him), said he should die.?
Anyhow, one can find the after-story here.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?abbej9kma0zpmqj

Yay thanks! Great! I hope Madhouse follow the story and just make a season two.
-MgZ_Sep 16, 2012 4:30 PM
Sep 16, 2012 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
Blown to pieces, no pieces of the body can be found.
Wooow, okay. He's clearly dead right.
Sep 16, 2012 4:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
CrimsonLight said:
Blown to pieces, no pieces of the body can be found.
Wooow, okay. He's clearly dead right.
Sure.

By the way, I've got some high quality land in Florida that, due to circumstances, I need to sell cheap. Oh, you also get all water rights. You interested?
Sep 16, 2012 4:50 PM
Sep 2012
Although you can see an arm fly across Jubei's face (lol) it was most lkely Hanbel's illusion magic. I'm sure Monkey will show up and get Nobuna out of her bloodthirsty rage at the last moment. i'm sure of it. haha
Sep 16, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, I'm amazed that so many people think that Sagara is dead.
This was obviously a staged death, and an application of "If you want to fool your ennemies, you must first fool your allies".

Zenki is the shikigami of Hanbei, he cannot act beyond his master's will and thus he would not suggest to kill Sagara. Hanzou could have killed Sagara plenty of time already and there was something that wasn't coherent at all in what happened at the hill.
We were shown that Hanzou killed Sagara because he didn't want the ennemy to get glory with his death but he did it the moment that reinforcement was coming.
This does not make sense, the situation wasn't getting more desasperate, it was actually getting better so why kill Sagara now instead of before? He wanted to have more witnesses of Sagara's fake death, that's why he waited at the precise moment when the reinforcement had their eyes set on him.

Actually Hanzou could have killed Yoshitatsu himself without any problem, yes the situation was just that much under Sagara's control but that war and all the confusion that comes with it served to make the viewers beleive that Sagahara was in a desesperate situation.

So how I think it'll go:

Sagara isn't dead, Maeda isn't dead either. After Hanzou faked Sagara's death he went to save Maeda.
Sagara and Maeda are together with Hanzou and Zenki and they are acting in the shadows.
First thing they will probably invade the Asai territory and will go save Nobukatsu and Nagamasa, then either they will convince Hisamasa to comes to Nobuna's side or either they will kill him and Nagamasa will take the lead of the clan.

Meanwhile Nobuna will invade Hiei mountains, most likely cause a mess and will be surrounded by Yoshikage's army and Sakihisa's army

By now Sagara will have heard ot Nobuna's action and will have regrouped with the rest of Nobuna's army and those he trust. He will charge to Hiei moutain and will save Nobuna. Then everyone will be dumbfounded at Sagara's face leading the biggest army to ever have assembled in the sengoku era.

Now wether all this was his plan or he just tagged along, I'm waiting for the answer.
Sep 16, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
seeing as how there is still no material in the light novels that will not be covered, its very obvious that the male lead is not dead
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Sep 16, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
This episode was really good! Even though Sagara is most likely alive because of the plan that was made by Hanzo and Hanbei's spirit summon the drama his death caused to the other characters was fantastic!! Also Juubei rushing in to attack for revenge was a nice touch which proves that she does care for him. The phone slowing down the bullet was called by many ppl in helping Nobuna survive the bullet. All in all, can't wait for next week's episode.

UnbornMVs said:
This episode reached my expectations , freaking amazing . But , I can't really imagine Monkey dead , he's a main character . Why do these series have 12 episodes ?????? Season 2 is required .

There is a reason why there are Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall anime seasons. This anime is a part of the summer season so about 12 episodes in length is usually the norm lol. Each season is 3 months or 12 weeks, so at 1 episode a week is how long a season anime usually is. I am sure you get it now.

Sep 16, 2012 5:48 PM

Dec 2008
People who think Yoshiharu is actually dead clearly haven't watched enough anime to know that there is some kind of twist incorporated in this. Not to mention there is 9 light novel volumes of this. You can't just have 5 of the MC dead.
Sep 16, 2012 6:00 PM
Aug 2012
Monkey is definitely alive. theirs no way he is dead
Sep 16, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
yup i knew it -_- japan just sucks at happy endings
Sep 16, 2012 6:04 PM

Jun 2011
TensaiShonen said:
Of course Monkey won't die...your forgetting that this anime does not condone death on main characters, side characters and supporting. Only ones that do die are no names that aren't important...this is a fluff series and it will remain fluffy considering you have lolli's who can pretty much pawn an entire army

and thats exactly why he died! this is anime, nothing ends well...
Sep 16, 2012 6:08 PM

Jul 2008
Linkfan001 said:
TensaiShonen said:
Of course Monkey won't die...your forgetting that this anime does not condone death on main characters, side characters and supporting. Only ones that do die are no names that aren't important...this is a fluff series and it will remain fluffy considering you have lolli's who can pretty much pawn an entire army

He isn't dead, that scene screamed incoherence everywhere.
Also read my post.
Sep 16, 2012 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
Am i the only one still curious as to where people get these Light Novel translations when bakatsugi only has volume 1 barely up? Anyone got links if you know where someone has the translations or summaries?
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Sep 16, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2012
Even though they're obviously alive, this episode was a bit sad. :(
Sep 16, 2012 6:29 PM

Aug 2011
Another fantastic episode. Danjou was diabolically brilliant here. She is the kind of villain that everyone loves to hate. XD
Anyway, surprises me that after the talk between Hanzou and Zenki someone could think Sagara is really dead.
Sep 16, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2011
DivisionG said:
Did they really die?>!??

I doubt it. Especially since before hand Monkey was talking to Hanzou and the spirit guy who almost turned on him. Hanzou said "Then die" as if it was going to be part of a plan. Juubei wasn't part of the plan so she might be dead...but she might just pop up with Monkey.
Sep 16, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2010
Intense episode, but i gotta say....what is wrong with you people wanting Sagara dead D: i saw the same thing happen in Tasogare and people got pissed because of how it turned out in the final scene, i haven't read the LN so i can't say this for a fact but i'll say this i would be shocked if he actually was dead, to the point where i don't even consider it, don't you think it was made a bit "to clear" that he died also...

Striderfang said:
Especially since before hand Monkey was talking to Hanzou and the spirit guy who almost turned on him. Hanzou said "Then die" as if it was going to be part of a plan. Juubei wasn't part of the plan so she might be dead...but she might just pop up with Monkey.

Exactly this, there is no such thing as useless occurrences, the phone blocking the bullet proved that, that dialogue means something so people better not be going BS next episode if he is indeed alive as he should be because honestly its like you are treating a ninja fooling people as something that is considered BS....he is a freaken ninja, faking one death can't be that hard for him.

Tho that said i'm curious as to how Sagara is gonna save Nobuna, because besides snapping her out of her rage by simply showing up he has to save her from being foolishly ambushed like implied at the end of this episode.
Sep 16, 2012 6:40 PM
Jun 2012
Linkfan001 said:
TensaiShonen said:

No death shown onscreen + no body found is anime language for he's not actually dead. Especially if that person is the main character. For the main character to just be killed off without having emotional final words or something like that just doesn't happen in anime. Plus there's 9 volumes of the Light Novel. There's no way all of that is covered in these 12 episodes, and there's no way they'd continue the series for that long without reviving the main character (which can't happen in a series like this). KuroNoKenshi also had good points
Sep 16, 2012 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
There is no way that Yoshiharu is dead. Zenki wouldn't let that happen, since he serves Hanbei and she wouldn't. Plus, his "death" was so quick and insignificant like an ordinary cannon fodder soldier. Hasshi's death was more impactful, and he was only a very minor side character.
Sep 16, 2012 7:33 PM

Aug 2011
Yvese said:
There's no way Yoshiharu is dead. Like darkwap said, it's most likely just part of Hanzou and the spirit guy's plan. I have no idea how they pulled it off, but he's definitely alive. Same with Juubei. You can't assume they're dead until it's actually confirmed 100%. No body = not confirmed.

Also, this is still a comedy anime with tons of lolis. I don't see them killing off the male lead and ruining that. The comedy aspect and character dynamics would be ruined.

My guess is Yoshiharu and Juubei will show up at the end of next week's last ep with glimpses of how they survived.

Agreed. That was the most unemotional death I've ever seen, too (not including Juubei's reaction and everyone else's reactions) . Saru was just like o.o?? when he dropped the bomb. Plus, there was a hidden meaning when Hanzou said, "Then you just have to die."

And why wasn't Juubei blown into pieces, if she died? She was knocked off the cliff instead, and that doesn't make sense, since she was hit by the same bomb/whatever it was that hit Saru.

So, yeah. They aren't dead. Plus, the novel is still ongoing. How long are they going to maintain that without a male hero. =.=
Sep 16, 2012 8:00 PM
Mar 2012
Sagara won't die since Zenki can create fake death and Hanzou played the part.
Sep 16, 2012 8:22 PM
Mar 2012
I personally didn't like episode 11 and besides. Think about it. Yoshiharu main character dead? what no way that would happen. Think about it. Ninja. They can Substitute and shit. Juubei was retarded. But overall the episode was ok, but not to that much of my liking. Maybe because It had a huge cliff hanger. but i usually like cliff hangers. Oh well waiting for the last episode and hopefully a s2.
Sep 16, 2012 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
He's not dead. No way they would just kill the MC and say "fuck this shit nikka lets make Oda a rage queen!"

Or is he? Will he respawn? Probably not. More than likely he's a spectator now and is all like "WTF is this shit? I died? BULLSHIT! What's the respawn timer? What? Conquest only gives one life? Fuck this I am playing rush."
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 16, 2012 9:00 PM

Apr 2010
Not your typical harem, but definitely not the gloomy type of show that would kill off the main protagonist.

...Unless it's an anime original ending & they're not planning on having a 2nd season.
Sep 16, 2012 9:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Of course no one died. Duh.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2011
I don't think hes dead thats got to be a set up for sure....Anyway that was a very nice episode.
Sep 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Jun 2010
Predictable. Still an awesome show. The BGM is great. You gotta admit that.

Sep 16, 2012 9:39 PM
May 2012
Morons! yoshiharu's dead.what are you kindergarden.that was a replacement.Haven't you guessed that there was a omniouji there.so mitsuhide is alive too.in the you are just pig heads.Do you really think they will betray yoshiharu.they trust him more than nobuna
Sep 16, 2012 10:51 PM

Jan 2012
DivisionG said:
christyu said:
Yes indeed Yoshiharu is dead; you could see his his hand falling on a ground with splash. From the preview, it says that episode 12 will be the last episode.
I guess this will help Nobuna to stop acting like a kid and be mature to be capable of uniting Japan.

Although I want Yoshiharu to be alive, I don't want him to come back to life since something like that doesn't seem right in this type of anime

Oh my god, So much respect for the studio to make the male heroine die!! It hasn't happened in forever!! 99 POINTS!!!

But if he does survive then it will be lowered to 50 points... Although it wouldn't be so bad if there is a Season 2.

Edit: Ninja'd.
Sep 16, 2012 11:28 PM

Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yvese said:
There's no way Yoshiharu is dead. Like darkwap said, it's most likely just part of Hanzou and the spirit guy's plan. I have no idea how they pulled it off, but he's definitely alive. Same with Juubei. You can't assume they're dead until it's actually confirmed 100%. No body = not confirmed.

Also, this is still a comedy anime with tons of lolis. I don't see them killing off the male lead and ruining that. The comedy aspect and character dynamics would be ruined.

My guess is Yoshiharu and Juubei will show up at the end of next week's last ep with glimpses of how they survived.

She wasn't hit with the same bomb. Hanzou blew up Sagara, and the cannon from the masked guy blew her away or to death.
Agreed. That was the most unemotional death I've ever seen, too (not including Juubei's reaction and everyone else's reactions) . Saru was just like o.o?? when he dropped the bomb. Plus, there was a hidden meaning when Hanzou said, "Then you just have to die."

And why wasn't Juubei blown into pieces, if she died? She was knocked off the cliff instead, and that doesn't make sense, since she was hit by the same bomb/whatever it was that hit Saru.

So, yeah. They aren't dead. Plus, the novel is still ongoing. How long are they going to maintain that without a male hero. =.=

She wasn't hit with the same bomb. Hanzou blew up Sagara, and the cannon from the masked guy blew her away or to death.
TrunkiesSep 16, 2012 11:49 PM
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Sep 16, 2012 11:42 PM
Feb 2012
For obvious reason he's not dead.

1. He wanted to split up with the rest of his people to make sure the target stays on him.
2. The Ninja, and the spirit guy(he's not a real person) wants him dead. For obvious reason you would not hear that from the spirit guy(hanbei), as for the ninja (maybe). So it's kind of obvious they have something planned.
2. He explicitly ask the guy if he will let his man go if he dies.
3. No body found his body. Also the mentioning of the dark, which allowed them to easier to make a dummy to blow up.

Well Juubei was an expected person caught in the crossfire. I bet thats what caused the delay for Yoshiaru to return.
rraannddooSep 16, 2012 11:48 PM
Sep 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
Wowza! That's some episode! -looks like my birthday next weekend might be a good one for sure seeing the end of this show on the weekend! along with Hagure too-

Still...didn't expect that to happen to Sagara.

But the Nobuna thing with that seemed predictable...other than that great episode!
Sep 17, 2012 12:51 AM

Nov 2007
wait people think they actually died? in this? NOPE. the only deaths are the nobody side characters. it seems so obvious he'll return snap her out of it for the happy end. It was nice to see the possibilities or beliefs someone could actually die.

I mean look at what's happened so far. monkey has found ways to save everyone, and he will do it again.

It's going to be cliche, and sappy. Still she's freaking hopeless without him. Being manipulated by everyone and not realizing the crucial mistakes.

Rule #1 No body = no death.

There was no bodies for anyone, but the faceless background characters protecting monkey. They are the only deaths. Hanzo and the spirit guy could have easily got them out of there to stop the fight.
Sep 17, 2012 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
sagara is stil alive and oda clan will have a victory.... hha
prove, the title of the final episode is "conquest" ... and sagara said he is greedy, dont wanna die nor abandon his mens.... impossible, if he will accept for die in the hand of saitou yoshitatsu..... so, i thought his die is just an act... since he has hanzou and zenki, possible if he can create an illusion.... it must be happy endign ^^v

sory, for my bad english XP
strife99Sep 17, 2012 1:36 AM
Sep 17, 2012 1:58 AM
Feb 2009
need last ep naooo and NO I don't fucking believed that they're dead@@@@
Sep 17, 2012 2:05 AM

Aug 2012
main characters never die they always come back some how ALWAYS just when you think there dead they come back some how or when the anime/manga/novel finishes some bonus chapter/ep/ova comes out and there not dead but thats the way i like it. dont like main characters dying
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
Sep 17, 2012 2:58 AM

Oct 2009
just my conclusion on episode 12

-He manage to fake his death through the help of Hanzou and Zenki (considering Zenki has an ability to transform and Hanzou is a ninja with lot of tricks on his sleeves).

-Hanzou take Yoshiharu on Mikawa and the only characters known this is Zenki together with his master Hanbei and Motoyasu the future Ieyasu.

-during his time of death the Asakura and Asai focusing too much on the Oda and on that time he secretly use that very moment too convice the Takeda, Uesugi, Hojo or some clans on east to aid Nobuna.

-As for Juubei she is probably alive but take some few scratches and will be on Yoshiharu's side upon saving Nobuna with some clan he succesfully convince to help.

and that's all it's just a conclusion I've made on the ending(if ever that will be the last one). But who knows maybe on episode 12 the story won't end and their will be a 2nd season after all the only clans that have shown is the east side.
VierEurisSep 17, 2012 3:29 AM
Sep 17, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2012
how sagara jump to sengoku era is still unknown.. hha
hope last ep or the 2nd season will explain it
strife99Sep 17, 2012 4:36 AM
Sep 17, 2012 4:45 AM
Aug 2011
And another brilliant episode from one of the top anime of the summer season.

The Monkey General is immortal!

5/5
Sep 17, 2012 5:01 AM

Aug 2010
Actually, if this had been the last episode, the show might have managed to redeem itself somewhat. Now, I'll just have to wait for the MC and the girl to make their comeback and have Nobuna realize how messed up she is currently. My main worry is that it's going to be rushed as hell. 2/5.
Sep 17, 2012 5:02 AM

Mar 2012
Well Monkey might be alive :)) as you may the one who make the bomb explode is a Shinobi and he use Substitute no Jutsu to make Monkey escape... well Let's see how the series progresses the last episode next week well I'm really looking forward for season 2 coz they say Nobuna will conquer the world? :))

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
Sep 17, 2012 6:05 AM

Mar 2011
Not sure that Saru is dead, I suspect that Hanzou used some trick to fake Saru's death
A really intense episode
Sep 17, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2012
Did the show rack in enough pre orders and what not for a season 2?

Sep 17, 2012 8:26 AM

Jun 2012
A Damn awful episode. Well, propably because the anime itself is prettty awful.
Things wrong with it.
1. Monkey is obviously alive.
2. In knew that chick is working for the evil dudes after she joined Nobuna.
3. Are those women really that stupid to fall for her trickery? (yes)
But really, what do I get if the Monkey is still alive? I bet all my belongings on Monkey being alive. 100% gurantee I will win. It's not even fair.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Sep 17, 2012 8:54 AM
Jan 2012
still no Takeda, Uesugi, Hojo.
We need a season 2. it really feels rushed.
Sep 17, 2012 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
I checked last week and the pre-orders were +3,500. Which is a lot better than expected, and they've got the material so as long as they don't "original" end this thing, a season is very likely imo. What I liked most about this anime is that it didn't bullshit around. If this were Naruto they would have put in so much filler that these 12 episodes would have been like 40, but instead each episode was jam packed, no real down time.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.