Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 29, 2012 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
Acxelion said:
Though, I can't say the songs were bad :)

OP/ED = awesome
Character songs = awesome
OST = good/decent
Sep 30, 2012 11:08 AM
May 2012
The Arcana Duello a could've been made an arc, fitting it with one episode wasn't enough, t'was too quick, but revealing the ending like that wasn't satisfying.

But overall, not bad, but not good either.

6/10.
Oct 1, 2012 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
I was not expecting anything when I started this, so in the end I was not disappointed. The Arcana Duello in one episode feels rushed when it could have at least been 2-3 episodes at least. Anyway it was a typical reverse harem ending, no more, no less. I'm only thankful it was this short and not drag on and on. 5/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
THe first episode was good,then 10 episode of absolute nothingness...now this pointless predictable ending.They could have made this arcana duelo longer like a fight per episode instead of those fillers and it would have been okay,instead ughh
Too bad,some of the characters were likeable like Debito,the art was amazing,the first episode was very good,it also had a soundtrack that played every episode that I love,the rest was dull especially Bambina
I'll give it a 6/10 because of the art and chars but it's pretty bad
rendersOct 2, 2012 4:49 PM
Oct 2, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2012
Okay... I was expecting alot from this anime when i watched episode 1.
I was thinking like this anime would be on par with say Yu Yu Hakusho or Flame of Recca. NO!

Been waiting forever for the arcana duello to happen. I got desperate when it reached episode 11 and the duel has yet to begin.

And when it happens... *poof* *facepalm*
1 episode of nothingness except forced symetry...
of course Felicita wouldn't have problem defeating Debito, Pace and (the other guy)
Nova and Liberta just spar and it ended in less then 5 minutes. (for me in real time)
I was like... okay.... Then i saw the time bar of the anime... 19 minutes in...

Then suddenly a light shone to my room, an ephiphany has reached me. A realisation that i have wasted 20 minutes no... make that 240 minutes of my life...

3/10. I think i'm too generous ==

Oct 6, 2012 7:11 AM

Mar 2012
I like happy endings but...
I feel weird about this
It's also a shame that Luca Debito and Pace losed that easily, they were epic though
Why did Sumire actually take part in the Duello?
Oct 6, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
xxanimeee said:
Why did Sumire actually take part in the Duello?

Sir_Lexa said:
mystik said:
Why was Mama even in the tournament?

Because she obviously didn't want to be the Mama. She wanted to be the Papa while the old Papa becomes the Mama.

OR She wants to marry her daughter.
Oct 7, 2012 7:01 AM

Oct 2012
meltd0wn said:
2easy4AgEnT said:
Guess gonna delete all the episodes I had downloaded.. No good for rewatch..

I was watching and deleting all the episodes, i wouldn't waist my space with that thrash. '-'

Sir_Lexa said:
mystik said:
Why was Mama even in the tournament?

She wants to marry her daughter.

Personally, I thought the same when i watched. Her Lesbian's attitude i always knew it
Oct 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Mar 2011
I feel like I wasted my time watching this series...
Oct 11, 2012 5:34 PM

Sep 2010
Last episode should have been replace with a nice boat instead of that crap.
Oct 17, 2012 5:10 AM

May 2010
This ruined it right....but it still was pretty entertaining for me so 8/10
Oct 23, 2012 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
maroto said:
Last episode should have been replace with a nice boat instead of that crap.

+1
Oct 28, 2012 4:53 PM

Jul 2011
I loved the series and the ending :)
Dec 16, 2012 11:44 PM
Dec 2012
I put so much effort into watching every stupid filler episode hoping that this would be the ultimate payoff episode.

I wanted to burn an office down after seeing that lackluster ending.

The only reason this show isn't a 1 is because Jolly is awesome.
Dec 22, 2012 6:27 AM
Dec 2012
everyone keeps saying this anime has potential... i too didnt like the last episode, it was too short and im a bit confused as well.
So Felicita didnt chose either Nova or Liberta, so who did the card chose as her answer then? Her love for her dad or was it like what the card said "you chose THEM as your host" so does that mean she chose her love for her family (all of the major chrs) ?
damnit >.<

But whatever i want a second season coz i want to know more of the arcana powers and have new members. They can expand the storyline more. Its such a waste that they hurried this anime.
Dec 27, 2012 2:13 PM
Feb 2012
Oh wow this was bad. Like really bad.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 11, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
yeah it started promising than nothing happens....
Mar 28, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2011
Well that was anticlimactic... I expected a lot more action from the Arcana Duello and I also wanted Felicità to pick Libertà but meh that became increasingly clear that it wasn't going to happen as this episode went on.

Still enjoyed watching this anime I guess, even though I think it could have been done a lot better. At least the OP and ED were great.
Apr 2, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
6 ----> 4

Sumire in Duelo, uhhh the fuck guys? And Feli beating those 3 without even showing how, LAME. Lame lame lame lame :p
Apr 3, 2013 7:53 AM

Jun 2012
more than 6 months since thread started...

55% dislike+hate

25.45% OK

19.55% like+love

guess that's a clear result xD
May 21, 2013 4:11 PM
Aug 2012
wat the hell ending is that not to mention liberta has a power which shld be much more op then death as anything he says happens i dropped my score to 6 from this ending the series was mediocrea gd ending wld have made it a 7 but tht was freakin terrible its like they ran out of budget and had to end the series suddenly her answer to the lovers card was ridiculously crap pick one of them ok i pick me mwhahaha fail liberta shld have been the one she chose he was the only one who had true feelings for her other than those of nova who is much drier than a desert and is more like felicita's brother than anything thy didnt have a single romantic moment in the series
Jun 3, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2010
i actually love the show and this episode it made me smile and laugh..i give 8, cos i love the art and music too
Jul 11, 2013 8:49 PM

Dec 2009
Whaaaaat??? pffft! Ending sucked rocks.
Sep 2, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
I WISH THIS WAS A SHOUNEN INSTEAD OF A SHOUJO, then we can see badass action sequences! Man, so disappointed. I actually wanted to see more of Debito, Luca, Jolly, and Pace, but hell they just lost to the Oujo in one screen display, super facepalm-ed.

Oh and anyone find Luca to be extremely sexy when he stick his tongue out and use his arcana power? Debito too <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 17, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
Lirina said:
So Sumire intended to marry her daughter?

Hahaha, didn't even think about that yet! Made my day.
Nov 9, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2010
Well, I didn't really have any expectations for the ending, but still it sucked pretty hard. But, either way, this anime was an enjoyable run.

1. Characters. +1. This anime has some of the best characters ever. It's not like they have much depth, they're still so enjoyable. Jolly is my favorite, but Liberta follows and then Dante.
2. Atmosphere. +1. It wasn't like the best atmosphere ever, but it was still good enough.
3. OST. +1. Even just the ED is enough for me to give a point here, but the OP wasn't half bad as well.
4. Animation. +1. It wasn't the best animation ever, but I don't complain about it.
5. Background story. +1. More like the characters' backstories, but yeah, I liked them.
6. Storyline. +1. It was a good storyline enough - the characters countervailed their pasts and flaws until they finally got over them.
7. Ending. Meh, the only bad part about this anime (pretty expectable).
8. Drama. +1. For a carefree anime like this, the drama was pretty well put in and not bad at all.
9. Overall affect. +1. Such a great and enjoyable anime, if we count out the ending, I was always looking forward to the next episode and the characters made it great for me.

Overall score: 8/10.
MeritasJan 13, 2014 2:12 AM
May 15, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2011
It's that it ? Mannn I was expecting more action than this... The whole duel thing is just too damn rush. I mean Fel is too freaking OP knocking out Luca,Debito and Pace with no problem and ye. beat the damn family bad ass father too. I was hoping to see more of Debito and Luca skills in action, was freaking disapointed, marathon this one and it 3AM now, the only reason I watch till the end is the awesome OP......
May 31, 2014 2:43 AM

Sep 2013
Fucking waste of time.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 29, 2015 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
"I'm going to show you my power now" throws 400 punches can't even land one. shitty anime. was gonna give it a 6/10 but dropped to 5/10.
GokuJun 12, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 1, 2015 9:34 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Kiddo81 said:
meltd0wn said:

I was watching and deleting all the episodes, i wouldn't waist my space with that thrash. '-'

Personally, I thought the same when i watched. Her Lesbian's attitude i always knew it

XD

btw, didn't anyone see that part where the Wheel of fortune insignia was shown? is it just me or is she NOT wearing a bra?
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Sep 23, 2015 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
Debito: I have absolutely no idea how in the world I lost.
Me: Well, neither do I...
(⊕⌢⊕)

Cute anime but I was hoping for more! More romance, more action... Yeah, I know Shoujo anime don't usually have much action but this one actually promised some and ultimately failed to deliver it. But in the end I did enjoy it...
May 13, 2016 6:48 PM

Jun 2012
well in the end this was neither a bad or good show.

honestly i enjoyed the potential the story had but it didn't feel like they actually archieved the max potential either.

the charachters where okay.

story felt pretty slow and some episodes felt kinda usseless this happens more in animes but here it felt kinda anoying maybe cause i expected a whole different show.

now the end is kinda a joke i mean they build up towards the competition they only use 1 episode for it not to mention the battles where a joke.

yes i sounded negative before but thats just cause i think they could have done so much more with this show then what they did but if you compare it to some other anime out there it is stil a decent anime.

in the end i give it 7/10 since i acctually enjoyed it in a way and i still tried to finish it as fast as possible so it didn't get me distracted so thats a big + for this show.
RobertovkMay 13, 2016 6:58 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Feb 19, 2017 7:41 AM
Dec 2013
A bit of a disappointing end but what can you expect from a harem/otome adaptation T_T. Shame we didn't get more Debito and Jolly action in the series but it was still quite fun and had some interesting plot/fight scene potential. It makes me want to the play the game if it ever gets a release/translation.
Sep 25, 2017 8:29 PM

May 2013
Loved the characters, but it was unfair in focus on mostly Nova and Liberta :( Wanted to see more of the others, ESPECIALLY Luca and Pace who seemed to have the least amt of screentime :'(

Things left unanswered-- like the "homunculus" Elmo. Yeah, he's there as a vessel to be a card contractor, but what else??? Is that it? You were gonna make it all mysterious just for something this vague?

Ending mostly sucked as well. They took out 3 supposedly strong characters like it was nothing-- Debito, Pace, and Luca :/ same joke overused, albeit it was cute at first I guess. With them huddling in their little alleyway sulking.

5/10. First ep had AMAZING potential and then it just kept declining through :'( I enjoyed it some and then other parts were dry. Such a shame.
Nov 24, 2017 8:00 AM

Oct 2009
...That was very disappointing and underwhelming ending. Nothing changed from the first episode. In fact, everything that was promised in the first episode was all thrown away by the second episode. Not only were there a lack of build-up to the Arcana Duel, Felicita's characterization is also really inconsistent.

The anime focuses on Liberta and Nova among the dateable guys but there were no progress about their stories? Did Nova's parents wake up from their sleep? What was Liberta's connection to Nova and Felicita? (Though I'm aware of the connection from the game) Why did Dante save Liberta and how did he find him? They leave the audience hanging with these questions. Even though I am not keen on Liberta and Nova, if their sub-plots had been handled wonderfully, I wouldn't be too annoyed at them for hogging all the screentime. We barely know anything about the childhood trio other than being lab experiments and having one distinctive trait (e.g. lasagna, Ojousama and Bambina). Heck, we only know about Debito's and Luca's arcana mark in this episode and their powers as well. Their powers are so interesting too! And having them lose to Felicita and not having their losses animated on screen on top of that is just dumb. Even the animators can't picture how their losses would be like so they leave it to the audience's imagination. It'd be great if the anime had followed UtaPri's style and dedicate each episode for one dateable character and what they have at stake from the duel.

The 'long-awaited' duel was handled half-heartedly as well. The fights were extremely lame. Like even Felicita's parents took part in it? If they had won, they would marry their own daughter? Though Jolly being exempted from it was so Jolly lol

Final verdict: 6/10. The opening was really catchy and worth listening repeatedly but it was really misleading cos the characters didn't use their powers often in the show. The first episode was strong, but the show fell flat after that. There are some pretty good and entertaining episodes like episodes 7 & 8. There was not much screentime from the childhood trio that's for sure. The endings where they had their respective punishments were funny. And the previews where each character spoke was funny as well. Especially Jolly's 'you're still watching this?' and I'm like repeating that question to myself too. The show shouldn't advertise itself as an action fighting anime if that's not going to be the main focus.
Aug 12, 2018 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
this was ok. though I imagine it's shitty compared to the novel, which is probably lightweight in terms of character development and more about pairings. I remember being interested in the novel when it came out so... nice to see this I guess. that ending felt like a decent compromise for all the pairing disappointments.
can't say it was good or bad, but it felt lacking without the novel's romantic ending.

Feb 18, 2021 7:59 AM

Aug 2020
I liked it overall. I was expecting more fights and action, but I was entertained most of the time. The characters are interesting, the setting is immersive and the soundtrack fits well.

It was a nice story. Not the "nice" following my expectations, but still good.

Jul 16, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2016
FireHeart said:
I feel like I wasted my time watching this series...

I just binged it and it could perhaps be the worst anime I have ever watched...
Jun 11, 2022 8:38 PM
Oct 2020
Ohh yes, I am late. I just want to share what's on my mind, I just hope that Arcana Famiglia return with the real plot, just like Classroom of Elite (if you know why).
Dec 14, 2022 4:03 AM

Apr 2008
I like the series, but I was expecting more, maybe Fel would even choose between Liberta or Nova, not just Felicita becoming la donna de la famiglia, which was to be expected.

overall 7/10
Dec 31, 2022 2:37 PM
Dec 2021
good one. goood one. good one. boolean algebra.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

59 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

98 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

126 by Swiggy »»
Jan 10, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

56 by jackielouise »»
Jul 29, 2021 4:35 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2012

61 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2021 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.