Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2011
I lol'd @ the Christmas requests. What an episode. Good to know that Kenji made it too!
Aug 13, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
Ahhh, so conservation of detail does win out! Hahaha. They definitely tricked me there.

I'm glad they spent some time on Teshima. It's nice to see him following his actual dream, and getting out from under the oppression his father was placing on him. Seeing the reason Serika writes her diary was an excellent touch as well. She's a fairly lighthearted person, but it's little things like this that add depth to a character.

The scene in the dog park was particularly well done. The humor was nice, but the interesting part was the reversal of positions: Before, Hibito was a world ahead of Mutta; Hibito had all of the confidence; Apo stood by Hibito's side; the scene was shown at the beginning of the episode; and Hibito was the one to respond with "Yes!". Now, Mutta has caught up; Mutta has all of the confidence; Apo stands by Mutta's side; the scene is shown at the end of the episode; and Mutta is the one to respond with "Yes!". It marks a change in Mutta's life, and in his relationship with his brother. Brilliant.

I must say, this show came highly recommended, and it hasn't disappointed in the slightest. It's a mature story; it's down to earth (oh no!); and it's humor isn't jarring. The pacing is great; the characters are developed well; and the plot hasn't been neglected in the slightest. Given that the art and music are also satisfactory, there's really not anything more I could ask for. This could be a 10/10 show if they keep up what they have going.
Mar 28, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2009
Sweet, Kenji passed. I honestly thought Teshima was a really weak character, I had no idea why he was in the exam or how he got so far in. But that was some nice development for him.
Nov 11, 2015 5:52 AM
Dec 2009
Kenji!!!! So glad we'll be seeing more of him. He seems like a great guy--- passionate about his job and family. One of my favorite characters!
Nov 12, 2015 10:33 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome! Great to see that they did pick Kenji, the guy deserved it :)
Dec 8, 2016 4:59 AM

May 2015
Ufff, thank god Kenji was picked also. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2015
I'm not too happy about Kenji being chosen. He has a wife and a lovely daughter. He should cherish them. Fukuda-san is the best example for how chasing a dream can ruin a family. Just my 2cents.

P.S.: I love this show. I'm glad I finally picked it up.
Dec 18, 2016 9:38 PM

Jun 2016
Goddamn, this show is so good, I crie everytiem. ;_; It's the epitome of wish-fulfillment, but it does it so well I can't help but love it to bits.
Dec 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 23 - Father, Son and Mutta Claus:

Yuuri gave Kenji a chance, Yuuri was the best scored of team B and yet he withdraw to fulfill his real dream. Well if he could go so far without wanted to be astronaut from his heart in the Astronaut selection, he then indeed can succeeded in anything he wants.

Why is Serika dancing at the end?

"Your portion of cake represents the load you're carrying." (Mutta's father to Mutta)

4/5
Sep 11, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2012
Damn great episode, quite glad Kenji also got selected actually! Now all 3 are going to Houston!
Mar 4, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
Yes!
Kenji was also chosen.
Oct 21, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2007
when i saw on the preview keijin daughter crying i thought that was because her father didn't succeeded, but once they say he passed i so laughed about it xD

yuuri annoying me, to aim for space for such fantasy things, and that europa scene were really pointless and out of reality...

wonder what's next.

and i so missed apo!

ke-pa!
Jan 10, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2012
So glad that Kenji is coming, and also good that it was resolved quickly. But I do think this series is depending too much on creating tension by withholding information from the viewers while the characters know it. I had forgotten Yuuri's hesitation at the start of the test, but that was good foreshadowing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.