Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2012 1:19 AM
Feb 2009
godamit who exactly is Elena!?!??!!?!
Sep 9, 2012 4:23 AM
Jan 2011
Can someone translate the japanese massage in the lower side
http://i.imgur.com/lfmMm.jpg
Sep 9, 2012 7:27 AM

Sep 2011
MEsoJD said:
Tyrel said:
5 Episodes to go. I demand another Season!

god I hope not.

:(. Just my opinion I admit that this sequel has sucked compared to the first, but I better at least see renton + him talking or I'ma smack some bitches upside down.

Wow Orbital Fortress Poseidon got shot down because of truth messing with the satellites

Also FUUU Cliffhanger ending episode.
TyrelSep 9, 2012 7:59 AM
Sep 9, 2012 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
Holy shit, what an intense episode! I feel as though Elena has been way too straightforward in revealing things. Openly admitting that she killed Miller in the last episode, and now that she's from another world as if she doesn't care? It's cutting out a good ep or two that could extend the series by providing some decent insight on her backstory!

It was written all over the ep that Christophe Blanc was gonna die in this episode. The question was how? He went off with a bang...LITERALLY! LOL

I hope this series does go up to 24 episodes, and hopefully a sequel in a sort. Probably something new that features Renton being in the main cast along with Eureka fighting alongside Ao together against some new enemy? I could only hope for things since I really do enjoy this series. Had a slow start for a sequel, but it really picked up since all it was trying to do is provide background before heading towards the main event.
Sep 9, 2012 8:22 AM
Oct 2011
GigaSPX said:
Holy shit, what an intense episode! I feel as though Elena has been way too straightforward in revealing things. Openly admitting that she killed Miller in the last episode, and now that she's from another world as if she doesn't care? It's cutting out a good ep or two that could extend the series by providing some decent insight on her backstory!

It was written all over the ep that Christophe Blanc was gonna die in this episode. The question was how? He went off with a bang...LITERALLY! LOL

I hope this series does go up to 24 episodes, and hopefully a sequel in a sort. Probably something new that features Renton being in the main cast along with Eureka fighting alongside Ao together against some new enemy? I could only hope for things since I really do enjoy this series. Had a slow start for a sequel, but it really picked up since all it was trying to do is provide background before heading towards the main event.

Agreed. I also think it's been really good. I really hope we don't have to wait for the last two eps, that'd be brutal since I'm pretty sure we'll likely be getting cliffhangers the entire rest of the way. I've been loving it so I sure wouldn't mind it continuing beyond this and building even more off of all this.

That's true, I'm surprised we're learning more about Elena being from the other world, as theorized, directly from her and not in some other way though I'm hoping we'll get a more detailed flashback/look in the next couple of eps to flesh out the truth about her since we've still got 5 eps to go.

I think it's kind of weird that some consider the early episodes after the tight opening couple of eps as that bad/shit/etc. as, while they weren't as tight and kick-ass, personally, like you said, to me those eps and missions gave me good needed background and thankfully nicely expanded the setting beyond just the island and into the rest of the world and into a global one and gave a good feel for how things are and are why I have a good handle on the background and overall state of the world IMO and Gen Bleu's place in it and not just a small view (and how it also became clearer that the appearance of the Scub throughout history had changed the development of many countries/alliances from what they "should" have been) and the general operation of Gen Bleu and our characters and what they are like, including their personalities and setting up how I expect them to behave as well as the politics that were impeding them.

That's not say it wasn't flawed and as in depth as it could have been, and with even more eps it would have been nice if they could have gotten even more in depth by slowing down in this section even more than they did like original E7 got to do, though which a lot of people (including myself at times) complained about back then though (giving Bruno more time for us to love him even more first ofcourse etc., though the inclusion of the "Never let children die!" helped a lot, starting from scratch with Gen Bleu rather than Ao and us learning "on the job", maybe devoting an entire ep to the flashback of Ivica's time at that operation with Eureka just cause Ivica's awesome), but I thought those early eps were pretty good.
DangerMouseDMSep 9, 2012 9:58 AM
Sep 9, 2012 9:37 AM

Aug 2010
DangerMouseDM said:

That's true, I'm surprised we're learning more about Elena being from the other world, as theorized, directly from her and not in some other way though I'm hoping we'll get a more detailed flashback/look in the next couple of eps to flesh out the truth about her since we've still got 5 eps to go.

It's not only Elena who is a mystery, but Naru as well. I'm pretty sure her full role hasn't been revealed yet, since she's been doing some things on the side that's not known of its purpose.

There's also that scumbag who's an officer as part of the Japanese fleet who held control of the Secret. It's not a full gut feeling, but I feel he's going to get his death near the end because he's been playing behind the scenes on some things, and escaped some near-death situations.

That's not say it wasn't flawed and as in depth as it could have been and with even more eps it would have been nice if they could have gotten even more in depth by slowing down in this section even more than they did like original E7 got to do, though which a lot of people (including myself at times) complained about back then though (giving Bruno more time for us to love him even more first ofcourse etc., though the inclusion of the "Never let children die!" helped a lot, starting from scratch with Gen Bleu rather than Ao and us learning "on the job", maybe devoting an entire ep to the flashback of Ivica's time at that operation with Eureka just cause Ivica's awesome), but I thought those early eps were pretty good.

Comparing this to SOA, the first couple of eps really did serve its purpose towards shaping the plot. In SOA, it took a full 8 weeks or so to finally get to the main plot since all these eps were side stories. Of course, these side stories wasn't a waste, but I feel they were a bit inconsistent with the flow of going towards shaping the main plot.
I'm a bit behind in SOA anyway, but that's my comparison of how Ao was pretty good in providing a foundation of info.
Sep 9, 2012 9:59 AM
Oct 2011
GigaSPX said:
DangerMouseDM said:

It's not only Elena who is a mystery, but Naru as well. I'm pretty sure her full role hasn't been revealed yet, since she's been doing some things on the side that's not known of its purpose.

There's also that scumbag who's an officer as part of the Japanese fleet who held control of the Secret. It's not a full gut feeling, but I feel he's going to get his death near the end because he's been playing behind the scenes on some things, and escaped some near-death situations.

That's not say it wasn't flawed and as in depth as it could have been and with even more eps it would have been nice if they could have gotten even more in depth by slowing down in this section even more than they did like original E7 got to do, though which a lot of people (including myself at times) complained about back then though (giving Bruno more time for us to love him even more first ofcourse etc., though the inclusion of the "Never let children die!" helped a lot, starting from scratch with Gen Bleu rather than Ao and us learning "on the job", maybe devoting an entire ep to the flashback of Ivica's time at that operation with Eureka just cause Ivica's awesome), but I thought those early eps were pretty good.

Comparing this to SOA, the first couple of eps really did serve its purpose towards shaping the plot. In SOA, it took a full 8 weeks or so to finally get to the main plot since all these eps were side stories. Of course, these side stories wasn't a waste, but I feel they were a bit inconsistent with the flow of going towards shaping the main plot.
I'm a bit behind in SOA anyway, but that's my comparison of how Ao was pretty good in providing a foundation of info.

I definitely agree.

Yeah, I definitely think Ao did it far better.
Sep 9, 2012 1:26 PM

Oct 2011
I don't think this warrants a season 2... this is a very average sequel compared to Eureka Seven. I really doubt this cast could drive it for even just one more cour. If Renton shows up within the next five episodes, I think the ending would be just fine.
The lack of any real character development to make you care about anybody (like how the people inside the space station blew up, and Cristophe Blanc sacrificing himself) still bothers me, though I definitely enjoyed this episode more than others (ending with Truth contacting the Quartz and blowing up was satisfying, though unfortunately he appears alive in the next episode preview).
KefkirothSep 9, 2012 1:31 PM
Sep 9, 2012 2:50 PM
Sep 2012
Somethings been bugging me with all this time travel stuff since we now know the Elena is from another "World", but we really have no idea how she got to the world she is in now. Except for the fact that we know she came with Eureka to this timelime at sometime or another. From the first time we see Eureka fall out of the Nirvash she was alone and fell on that island and gave birth to Ao. This Eureka is from the future. But the one we get to actually meet that was stored inside the Sub Coral is from the future too, but not too far into the future.

This Eureka we meet is they key to understanding all this as this is where she and Renton first get separated. (Because she said that her and Renton were investigating the disappearance of the Sub Coral.)

In episode 13 they did a flashback that was 10 years ago when she had left Ao as a child and was in a room full of soldiers and calls out Ivica and Endo saying that they had met once before. Now come back to the present and we have Eureka meeting Ivica and Endo for the first time. This is how she had met them both. Now think back to the flashback from 10 year ago and we have our Eureka taking the Quartz and disappearing.

Basicly she was sent from the future 6 months pregnant with a girl to the past which is our current timeline. Ao sends her back into the Swell and god knows where she ended up that time.

Really frustrating trying to piece together everything when you only have so many of the pieces to the puzzle. This post is all over the place and i guess what im trying to deduce is that Eureka and Elena came to our present timeline around when Elena was pretty young and left her in this world.

This bitch is time hopping all over the place :<

/sigh.
TektronixSep 9, 2012 2:59 PM
Sep 9, 2012 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
Shit got fucking real, this episode was awesome, a more or less confirmation that Elena is indeed Ao's sister and Christophe sacrified himself but looks like Truth survived.
Sep 9, 2012 4:52 PM
Nov 2010
The puppeteer(truth) has become the puppet, and the puppet(Naru) has become the puppeteer.

Fleur, you're so awesome. And her dad gets a lot points for this episode.
Sep 9, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2010
holy shit that al qaeda at the end and i knew most of the stuff the was going on haha
Sep 9, 2012 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
Great ep!
Sep 9, 2012 7:52 PM
May 2010
I want to see Renton!
Sep 10, 2012 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
NHS-KEMISH said:
I want to see Renton!

Me too! What we will get is probably 5 mins of Renton and that's it ;<

Action has slowed down a bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2012 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
So I'm guessing Truth is dead along with the president cause there is no way they could have survived that.
Sep 10, 2012 9:07 AM

Sep 2010
So whole Poseidon team is killed, in a instance. :(

Anyway, a solid episode. Answered many questions. Truth is a secret, as speculated. Elena most likely be the elder sister of Ao. Eureka at-least come to this timeline three times. New question, why did she abandon Elena?

Also note that Truth is pretty much alive in the next episode preview, way to kill the suspense for next episode.

4/5
Sep 10, 2012 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
Lmao at Truths derp face when it smashed into him.

Well... at least shit finally getting serious... I think?

Still looking for Renton.
Sep 10, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
Am I the only one who does not buy the fact that Elena could be Ao's sister?

You never hear or see Eureka talking to Elena like she does Ao. I'm pretty if Elena was Eureka's kid, we would be seeing scenes of the current Eureka ( not the past Eureka) worrying about her.

Of course I could be totally wrong.
Sep 10, 2012 6:43 PM
Jan 2012
Sep 10, 2012 8:44 PM

Feb 2012
Did Truth also forget his past memories as a pimp in a shady ghetto, or is the black spandex, attached disco balls and cat bells just standard humanoid Secret's equipment?
Sep 11, 2012 8:00 AM
Feb 2012
^ you really can't explain fashion in anime lol

also Naru's ear-like things look ridiculuous, Reton's gloves from the OP - same xD
Sep 11, 2012 8:32 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode, it picked up very quickly towards the end. Just to address the Ao x Fleur hype and hopes, I seriously doubt that because the anime has not even showed the slightest hint of any romantic themes. Ao is too young to understand true love + he is too dead set on finding Eureka again. I dont blame the developers for making this anime so different from E7 because people would probably complain about it being too much of the same blah blah. Too bad its too different.
Sep 11, 2012 12:06 PM
Aug 2010
Paul said:

Well... at least shit finally getting serious... I think?

Shit's been getting serious since EP 10.
Sep 11, 2012 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
FatalFallacy said:
kaykenner54 said:

I feel this way as well. Between the differences in hair and skin color, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

It will be interesting to see how they make sense of all of this in episodes to come.
well seeing as Elena being a totaly Manga freak, she prob died her hair purple and got a freakish tan? xD
Sep 11, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2008
DJ007 said:
NHS-KEMISH said:
I want to see Renton!

Me too! What we will get is probably 5 mins of Renton and that's it ;<

Action has slowed down a bit.

SAME! He has to show before the end of this series

And holy shit..the end of this episode..what the hell..

Sep 11, 2012 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
I saw this episode again and is there a conspiracy between Blanc and the secret?
Sep 11, 2012 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
AnimaRO64 said:
FatalFallacy said:
kaykenner54 said:

I feel this way as well. Between the differences in hair and skin color, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

It will be interesting to see how they make sense of all of this in episodes to come.
well seeing as Elena being a totaly Manga freak, she prob died her hair purple and got a freakish tan? xD

no
Sep 12, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2011
QuiGonJon said:
So much for the childhood friend route that looked so promising in the beginning D: (although it could still happen...)

Hmm, I still doubt it.

Anyway, good episode. I'm pretty sure Truth is still alive.
Sep 13, 2012 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
Uh-oh this is what I was fearing last episode when they turned Gekkostate, they'll be like NERV in End of Evangelion. >_<

So that's why Elena's acting weird, she's from the world of Eureka Seven originally and she says Eureka brought her there in Ao's world, hmm... the sister perhaps? Also maybe that's why she was angry when Eureka showed up last time too.

Paul said:

Yeah that was sweet of Cristophe. LOL Anyway, looking at the preview he'll survive that though.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 14, 2012 11:28 AM
Jun 2009
Ok, she shot Truth w/o worrying about the possibility that this man could indeed be her father. And she went alone with Ao and a simple firearm even though 3 LFOs together couldn't kill him...

And then her real father shows up, sends to certain dead a few of his employees, and then commit suicide while trying to kill Truth. He could rescue both from the room using some type of technique to confuse Truth, like a smoke or light bomb, a swarm of annoying drones, etc. And then remotely kill Truth that would be locked alone in the room...

Riiiight. At least the story is advancing.
Sep 14, 2012 11:29 AM
Feb 2012
tofei said:
Uh-oh this is what I was fearing last episode when they turned Gekkostate, they'll be like NERV in End of Evangelion. >_<

So that's why Elena's acting weird, she's from the world of Eureka Seven originally and she says Eureka brought her there in Ao's world, hmm... the sister perhaps? Also maybe that's why she was angry when Eureka showed up last time too.

Paul said:

Yeah that was sweet of Cristophe. LOL Anyway, looking at the preview he'll survive that though.

If I recall they go to Elena's mother in the one timeline and find out she died so it's likely this Elena is just from another timeline but got saved by Eureka unless she just stole that random dead girls identity which I guess is also possible. The little girl at the end of the first outro who we've yet to see made me think that may be the sister.
LeviathonlxSep 14, 2012 11:32 AM
Sep 14, 2012 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
This anime has lost me long time ago.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 7:51 PM
Oct 2011
Manabu said:
Ok, she shot Truth w/o worrying about the possibility that this man could indeed be her father. And she went alone with Ao and a simple firearm even though 3 LFOs together couldn't kill him...

And then her real father shows up, sends to certain dead a few of his employees, and then commit suicide while trying to kill Truth. He could rescue both from the room using some type of technique to confuse Truth, like a smoke or light bomb, a swarm of annoying drones, etc. And then remotely kill Truth that would be locked alone in the room...

Riiiight. At least the story is advancing.

Not only was the gun all she carries on a regular basis, she's likely not trained on anything much other than her gun, my only complaint is that she didn't speak up and grab more help or warn Ao so that he could warn her since her trying to stop Truth herself was well-intentioned but naive (though Ao's had way more encounters with him and his abilities than she has she still was too naive took it too personally).

She didn't hesitate because to her there was no way it was her father, her hesitation was when she was silent while he was walking away when she was reasoning it out while Ao made his comment about him being nice, you could see it on her face even if she didn't say it. She knows how her dad behaves even if she resents the choice he made, that "Keep this a secret from everyone, Gen Bleu is done for, we can still run away together just the two of us", while leaving everyone else behind, gave away to her that that was not her father despite Ao thinking it was her dad being nice. This is yet another time Truth has messed up the little details for the person he's shape-shifted into, even with Ao back in ep 7 the way he was talking to Naru was "off" from real Ao.

Also those guys that went in ahead of Christophe were clearly not simple employees, those guys were uniquely uniformed and armed, they were security/soldier types, it was their job to go in there and either stop the enemy or buy enough time for Christophe to get them out of there even at the cost of their lives. I agree the way it played out, they fell back on the drama, her father shouldn't have had to go back in there again himself (it would have been just as satisfying seeming him pwn Truth from outside the room talking to Truth over the comm system, but maybe he was afraid of Truth busting through those doors to escape too soon if he didn't divide his attention?), since in this setting remote-detonation seems pretty reasonable ofcourse but it's probably something he felt he had to do to protect his daughter since it's relatively sound that Truth being a Secret should have been killed by getting a massive face-full of Quartz and the massive explosion caused by such an event during a Scub Burst.
DangerMouseDMSep 16, 2012 8:57 PM
Sep 17, 2012 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Dat ending...

Hey truth!!!

Sep 17, 2012 7:43 AM
Jun 2009
DangerMouseDM said:
[...] my only complaint is that she didn't speak up and grab more help or warn Ao so that he could warn her since her trying to stop Truth herself was well-intentioned but naive (though Ao's had way more encounters with him and his abilities than she has she still was too naive took it too personally).

That was mainly my point.

DangerMouseDM said:
She didn't hesitate because to her there was no way it was her father, her hesitation was when she was silent while he was walking away when she was reasoning it out while Ao made his comment about him being nice, you could see it on her face even if she didn't say it.

The first thing I thought when he said that (before knowing it was truth) was that he had some plan, but didn't want to disclose there, so he said that expecting that Fleur would disobey him in a specific way.

Still, I don't think Fleur could be so sure that the Christopher down there with the quartz gun was the same that called her on the hangars, as they don't followed him closely.

DangerMouseDM said:
Also those guys that went in ahead of Christophe were clearly not simple employees

They looked more like security employees than loyal followers. Even then, you don't normally send people for certain death if you can help it. In any descent anime they would have some type of plan.

DangerMouseDM said:
[...] but maybe he was afraid of Truth busting through those doors to escape too soon if he didn't divide his attention?

Well, truth was interested in the quartz gun. And Christopher only had to get both and close the door before quicky pulling the trigger. Note also that Christopher risked being killed before trowing the quartz on truth, because for some reason he thought it would be a good idea fight him alone with a normal firearm for a while...
Sep 17, 2012 12:45 PM
Oct 2011
WolfWood37 said:
Dat ending...

Hey truth!!!

This :) Loved that moment and when he was begging him not to do it.
Jan 10, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
best ep of the series

i hope that faggot is really dead

10/10 ep
Mar 26, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
So apparently Fleur is so used to Ao, that she doesn't mind him being there when she's changing (she said otherwise later, but it's not like she would have trouble getting him out, i'd imagine it's was more difficult keeping him inside the first place..), despite freaking out when that employee she probably knew for years entered while she was fully clothed + half of the overall.

Which also leads me to the question: Why did she freak out? She had more on then her usual private and school outfit. Just because of the fact that she was changing? So she would even freak out when putting on a winter coat after seeing it's snowing outside if someone is barging in at that moment?
Jul 25, 2013 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
Well since Truth is OP i'm pretty sure he'll just use plot hax and survive.
Jul 12, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Super intense episode! Christophe sacrificing himself badass but sad at the same time.
Aug 22, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2012
Truth got owned! Or at least I do hope he stops messing with them because he really gets on my nerves... Let's see what's next!
Dec 26, 2020 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
Christophe's death (if he is truly dead) would have been better if they didn't show "him" "die" a few minutes before, I felt like that took the shock out of seeing his death.

Either way, if Truth is dead, then this show just got much better.
Jan 2, 2022 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
Truth does have that pink and black color scheme going, and he does seem to want to use the quartz gun which we know deletes scubs corals from the timeline. Yet he refuses to cooperate with the secrets in their common goal.

So Elena is from the "prime" Universe, knows Eureka. Is she the older sister Ao didn't know about?

The secrets weren't the invaders, the scub corals were. Christophe entrusts the youth with fixing the mistake the adults made before he sacrifices himself with the quartz stockpile in order to stop Truth, the humanoid secret.

This episode reminded me of NERV's destruction in NGE and the fall of Orb in Gundam SEED.
Fortress_MaximusJan 2, 2022 3:04 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.