Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2008 10:29 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Screens:
Oct 19, 2008 10:40 AM

Jul 2008
Davison I was wondering WTH you were doing??? NICE SHOTS!

I liked the audition part on the performance of Daiko and Kyoko! XD

Daikon, Daikon!

Other than that Kyoko was AMAZING DURING THIS EPISODE! From angry to vengeful to happy and emotional SHE REMINDS OF SANAE FROM KODOMO NO OMOCHA except she is adult. Really ENTHUSIASTIC girl!

I LOVE THE PART that she realizes it will take more than revenge to make things work. That IS A EXCELLENT realization!

I wonder why did her mother leave her if she taugh her many things??

Why is Maria taken by Sawara already after only fingering him on the fore front??? I wonder who Maria really is, background and all!

HIGHLIGHTS!

Kyoko being serious during audition+Happy when all saw her being full of talent...DAIKON! DAIKON! FIGHTO!

It's nice to cherish what made you win LOL+Being insulted of a animal is not good, especially during an audition.

Curses fly over to her Rival!+Breaking the phone due to anger was REJECTED during the audition but at least it left an impression to all!

More curses towards Sawara+Kyoko when she was young.

DOES THIS STONE MEAN ANYTHING??? Good luck charm? Something given by someone? I wonder since it shows in the OP.

angel999Oct 19, 2008 10:09 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 19, 2008 9:24 PM

Mar 2007

That is a "DaikoN" or a white radish that Kyoko made the (cabbage-like)rose out of, not "daiko". Also, that is not her mom she is talking to, it's actually Fuwa Sho's family. She stayed with them when she was younger and helped out at the Ryokan that they ran. She practiced and learned the daikon rose thing in order to please them.

This was a good episode! Nice balance between insanity and seriousness. I love the president's reactions, and I appreciated how the company cafe is now called "Blue Wars" which is another series by this manga author ^_^

Oct 21, 2008 2:35 AM

Jan 2008
awesome screencaps =D
if only I can watch the raw...I shall patiently wait for the sub
the phone conversation audition is so made of win ♥

Maria's identity will be revealed later on, so just wait for it
as for the stone

Oct 21, 2008 10:58 AM
Feb 2008
Subs on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxDKr-Ze--g

*going to watch*
Oct 21, 2008 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
Cute episode. I look forward on seeing what happens next. :)
HEY!
Oct 21, 2008 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
Awsome episode! I loved every single second of it.
I so understand what Kyoko felt! Can't wait for the next one!
Oct 21, 2008 5:28 PM

Jul 2008
Chihiro's sub came out. Good episode, bad sub. What's to be expected, though? I especially loved the phone smashing part.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 21, 2008 6:18 PM
May 2008
hehe we're seeing tons of hints of stuff that will be more important later! lol
but yeah! awesome ep!
and yes... I feel so sorry for Kyoko... but it's because of this that she becomes such an amazing person. She's awesome!
Heh, we're going to see Kyoko and Sho's 'first meeting' in the next ep! can't wait!
Oct 21, 2008 9:40 PM

Aug 2007
Love.. something Kyoko lost.. . D:
Oct 21, 2008 10:05 PM

Mar 2008
Now it's going to get even better.

"If you could solve problems with 'sorry,' then there would be no need for hell!"

Classic.
Oct 21, 2008 11:45 PM

Sep 2007
Wahah. Loving the exaggerated facial expressions they're using. Kyoko's malice-mode is great, especially.
Oct 22, 2008 5:26 AM

Feb 2008
I'm sooo relieved... They are following the plot nicely, and as long as they do that everything is going to be fine.

I forgot why I fell in love with this manga back when I first started it... now I remember... Kyoko is the coolest heroine ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 5:30 AM

Sep 2008
great episode, I laughed when she was screaming and peeling the Daikon. I can't wait for next weeks episode

Also the opening and end are really starting to grow on me. end kinda reminds me of shonen heart from eureka seven
JigeroOct 22, 2008 7:39 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 22, 2008 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. The scene where she had to act with the mobile in her hand was so funny.
She is really growing on me. I strongly want to know what will happen to her next.

This show is an unexpected juwel, to be honest it has nothing very special and should just be average, but it's the show I am looking most forward to next episode right now. (not counting clannad & ef, which I will watch after they finished airing)
Oct 22, 2008 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
episode 3 was great, im really enjoying this.... i think this will be a very good series... 5/5 for episode 3
Oct 22, 2008 8:52 PM

Oct 2007
sanjica said:
now I remember... Kyoko is the coolest heroine ever.

agreed! she's gotta be one of the strongest heroines i've seen in any anime! i hope she stays this way... she's sooo much fun!! :)
Oct 22, 2008 11:14 PM
Oct 2008
This anime has really risen up to be quite a suprise for the fall the humor is good at time still have a problem with the gimmicks they use but it still makes me smile, kyoko is a very interesting character and its interesting to watch her go through all of this and see how she will over come her loss of the feeling of love
Oct 23, 2008 5:27 AM

May 2008
This is definitely the best shounen series of the season, if not the year.

Wait, what do you mean it's not shounen? Even if you say it's not it certainly has enough of the characteristics. Main character aiming to be the best and fuelled by revenge, guts and determination solve everything, and (wo)manly tears. Plus, unlike Soul Eater, it's actually funny.
Oct 23, 2008 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:

Wait, what do you mean it's not shounen? Even if you say it's not it certainly has enough of the characteristics. Main character aiming to be the best and fuelled by revenge, guts and determination solve everything, and (wo)manly tears. Plus, unlike Soul Eater, it's actually funny.

It's not a shounen serie you can look everywhere you'll see always "shoujo" about this serie you can't change it. There are lots of shoujo facts. About that "(wo)manly tears" you mentioned there are always similar scenes at shoujo series. Its original manga is shoujo too already.

I wonder what will happen next ep Sho - Kyoko meeting I really look forward to it >w<
Oct 23, 2008 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
I am so extreamly happy that the humor and story is coming out like the manga.

It makes me weep for joy :)

Oct 23, 2008 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
alas, the usual character development. sorry, but personally i still find this anime pretty cliched, predictable, not original, boring and dull.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 10:25 AM

May 2008
Zeino said:
Absolutely_Steve said:

It's not a shounen serie you can look everywhere you'll see always "shoujo" about this serie you can't change it. There are lots of shoujo facts. About that "(wo)manly tears" you mentioned there are always similar scenes at shoujo series. Its original manga is shoujo too already.

Edit: Decided to forgo any possible drama that might be caused as a result of my original post and simply state that I was joking and knew full well that Skip Beat! is a shoujo series.
Absolutely_SteveOct 23, 2008 11:15 AM
Oct 23, 2008 11:15 AM

Jul 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:
Zeino said:
Absolutely_Steve said:

Edit: Decided to forgo any possible drama that might be caused as a result of my original post and simply state that I was joking and knew full well that Skip Beat! is a shoujo series.

Then sorry about that.
Oct 23, 2008 12:50 PM
Dec 2007
this series kind of falls in to the grey area between shoujo and shounen i absolutly love the manga and while the anime is ok so far it is not pulling me in as much as the manga has not sure why accept something seems just a tad off the feel is a little differnt not sure what it is but then most good mangas lose something when addapted for the screen
Oct 23, 2008 1:19 PM
Dec 2007
Absolutely_Steve said:

I agree with you to a certain extent, this series seems like a shonen disguised as a shoujo, since Skip Beat has approximately every characteristics of a shonen (and I can't agree more on the fact that Soul Eater is both bad and not funny). The main character especially is an absolute tomboy and the main themes are : courage, passion, guts etc..., everything that make a good "nekketsu". But with a feminine design, a girl as the main heroine and handsome boys everywhere, I guess it has a pretty mixed target in the end, but it's definitely not a common shoujo like Nana or else, nor is it a shonen either. Pretty interesting series isn't it ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 23, 2008 9:02 PM

Mar 2008
"I'm so happy...as if..." that made me crack up! I don't think it was as good as the previous episode and didn't really leave me with a crazy cliffhanger like last time either but it was still above average.
Oct 23, 2008 9:12 PM
Oct 2007
So I was looking at www.mahou.org and they're saying SB is 26 eps. I don't think that's true but anyone else read anything about the total number of eps yet?

Wrong place to post this I know but don't really want to start a new thread. :3
Oct 24, 2008 7:06 PM

Jan 2008
Oh, that was a rose from a radish.

Hahaha. I like the murderous aura. That made me laugh.

Annisa said:
So I was looking at http://www.mahou.org and they're saying SB is 26 eps. I don't think that's true but anyone else read anything about the total number of eps yet?

Wrong place to post this I know but don't really want to start a new thread. :3

I haven't read how many eps there will be but I am guessing from 24 to 26 eps.
Oct 24, 2008 8:27 PM
May 2008
Kyoko Mogami certainly is becoming a heck of a good female lead. I certainly have been enjoying this series so far. ^^
Oct 26, 2008 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
It's kinda not my style of anime, but I kinda liked the fact the episode runs, ofcourse I knew that she will be picked in the end (doesn't everybody?).

Anyways, I also liked the fact that it makes it's comedic feature without much making it a little lame. :]

I want the next episode. >]

Oct 26, 2008 10:28 AM

Jun 2008
definitely reminds me of itazura na kiss, so far i'm loving this anime, at first i put this off because of the name and description, but in the end i decided to give it another go and i'm glad i did, im looking forward to the rest of the series
Oct 27, 2008 3:02 PM

Oct 2007
Absolutely_steve: this anime screams shoujo XD i dont know how you're thinking it's a shounen.

Anyway i'm loving this anime! i'm sorta getting kodocha vibes from it with the whole crazy-idol thing :)
Oct 27, 2008 3:06 PM

Oct 2007
Absolutely_steve: this anime screams shoujo XD i dont know how you're thinking it's a shounen.

Anyway i'm loving this anime! i'm sorta getting kodocha vibes from it with the whole crazy-idol thing :)
Oct 29, 2008 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
I really hope they don't have 26 eps and do what they did to Itazura no Kiss ^^; They missed soooo much.

Plus Skip Beat is at well over 100 chapter, with so much happening, but at the same time so little ^^; it will be interesting to see how this pans out :)

Jan 29, 2009 10:26 PM

Jan 2008
...just kidding
ZOMG that was amazing!
at first i was starting to get disappointed...but then..hahahaha YES
Dec 17, 2009 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
I was so hoping she would react to the phone call in exactly the way she did. That's the way I would've done it.

I don't like the whole "you lack ..." part of the episode. But the ending was awesome.

This anime, in general, has a very strange feel to it. I can't put it into words, but I'll keep trying to figure out how to explain it.
Jan 7, 2010 4:28 AM
May 2008
Love it, and she really has the burning passion, lulz! However, I don't think this will ever happen outside the realm of anime.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 3, 2010 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Kyoko, ganbatte~

I liked the phone scene. I woulda done the same.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 27, 2010 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
Maria's voice wasn't quite what I was expecting lol. Anyway, I thought there was some good character development there :P
Apr 23, 2011 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
co_flame said:
"I'm so happy...as if..." that made me crack up!

Same here, in fact I totally expected that from her. At least she failed in the auditions in a realistic way, I think. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 1, 2011 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
lolol "As if!" Kyouko's reaction was the best, good on her. She's totally right.

"A prelude to destruction and despair! *dinousaurs fighting*" LOL WHAT IS GOING ON IN THAT SCENE. Why dinosaurs? Were they in love? XD

Hm, wonder who the little girl is. At first I thought she was the president of LME's daughter but there was nothing that really supported that in the brief scene they were in together.
Mar 3, 2012 12:50 AM

Sep 2011
Awesome episode, I'm really starting to enjoy this. :)
Oct 6, 2012 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
Not being able to love anymore was just so sad. This is the extent to qhich Sho has broke her. I hope she gets back up soon.
Feb 11, 2013 4:13 PM

Jan 2012
That phone call part was the best. "If you could solve problems with 'sorry,' then there would be no need for hell!" lol

Apr 20, 2013 4:26 PM

May 2012
That was actually quite amazing, now that she's actually chosen I really wonder what she'll do from now! That little girl sure was cute and interesting in her own way, I wonder what role she'll have in this whole story!

Lets see what happens next!
Nov 11, 2013 12:44 AM

Jul 2009
love this episode :D

her making Katsura Muki is amazing :)

Kanae feels like a typical trying so hard to become a star. still i gotta hand it to her for crying in such a short notice.

and lol i love how Kyouko destroyed the phone just for the thought of Shotaro being there XD

shame she lost, but it's understandable.

i wonder what made her lose love aside from being dumped by Shotaro. it seems there's more to it than that.

glad the President is having some second thoughts!

and what is that stone for? i wonder who gave it to her? :D

she must come back! Kyouko wouldn't give up this easily!!!

yay next episode!!
Apr 11, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Haha she absolutely schooled everyone in acting. Murderous intent -> Happy -> Mad as F* in under 20 seconds lmao.

I'm guessing that kid is related to the president and will be Kyouko's friend/fan in the future.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
That sure was a unique skill xD
Surprised me a lot.

Yep, it's time for for an encore! She need a second chance, just for the sake of putting down that bitch :D

It look like the excentric prez and Sawara have fallen for her obscur charm. Hell, I even have fallen for her evil charm.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2010
Azriel said:
"If you could solve problems with 'sorry,' then there would be no need for hell!

Priceless!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.