Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP.

lol @ her first job. Watashi had various troubles when meeting fairies!! Fairies are so cute and since then they called her Goddess and having status of her!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2012 8:56 AM

Jul 2010
The fairies make my day.
Sep 2, 2012 9:17 AM
Feb 2008
Weird episode.

Fairies seemed different from previous episodes. And grandpa looked like he knows too much. It seems like he had exactly same experiences as protagonist.

Othervise nice episode. But nothing new or interesting.
Sep 2, 2012 9:35 AM

Jun 2012
This show has me in stitches every week with our "New Humans" and the Fairies are SO FUCKING CUTE/FUNNY LOL

After Watashi appointed Nakata-san as the new God and couldnt tag back his reaction made the whole episode for me X D
Sep 2, 2012 9:45 AM
May 2012
this is obviously the first episode in chronological order, MC being introduced->first encounter with fairies,...no OP and credits in the beginning,...
those who are confused should figure it out
Sep 2, 2012 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
It was nice to see how Watashi first started her job as mediator.
Sep 2, 2012 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
prismheart said:
It was nice to see how Watashi first started her job as mediator.

It was also nice to the see the fairies' city topple down seriously that's was so unexpected but at least we know Watashi's first job was a disaster, the first assignment is usually the worst in just about anything.

Sep 2, 2012 9:58 AM

Feb 2011
So the very first chronological episode has shown?

2 more episodes to go.
Sep 2, 2012 10:07 AM

Nov 2009
Great ep!! Well, for me it is! This just explained (or not) that the fairies don't know how they really multiply—except that old humans knew it's due to "having fun." Somehow, this ep, although happening waaay before ep 9's events, tied with the latter's note on "Religion is invented." This was great as usual, and it's kind of sad that humanity is in decline so much that school has permanently closed; also, Watashi is one of the last graduating student!

LOL at the giving of names! Somehow, although I know I'm reading too much into it, the fairies being unnamed shows their lack of identity...or individuality. Only when they were distinguished by different names did they start to be different from each other...Well at least to a point.

I never expected to have another standalone ep, but it was amazing as usual. Watashi's kidnapping was a funny way of mediating! Anyway, if this is how it goes, then I think we'll have last 2 eps for the last arc in the future. Waaaaahhh this awesome show is ending!! T.T

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Sep 2, 2012 10:34 AM
Oct 2010
fuckin fairies

"i dont wanna be god" rofl
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 2, 2012 10:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
So many great lines to quote in this episode.

My favorite:

"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot" -Watashi
Sep 2, 2012 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
Too much greats moments in one episode, i can't catch my breath anymore.
Those fairies XD

Si this is the first episode, Watashi quickly understood what she was dealing with.
Sep 2, 2012 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
So that's how she met the fairies for the first time, it was funny how she became their god. I wonder if we will ever learn about their origin.
Sep 2, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
So her first contact with the fairies.. Falls on her face and scares them all away, then kidnaps a few of them and jokes about eating them. Watashi is such a lovable character!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 12:15 PM

Dec 2011
This episode is mad fun.
I guess we can consider it as the real "1st episode".

So, this is the first job of Watashi as a mediator to the humans and the fairies.
The book of her grandpa's predecessor is all about food. Ahahaha.

I knew it is going to be easy to lure the fairies, but she sure lured a lot of them.
All they know are sweets and fun.

LOL at the part where Watashi is like a monster that the fairies escaped. She kidnapped three of them. Ahahaha.

"One small candy for humanity, a giant candy for new-humanity." Ahahahaha.
That is how the relation between the humans and fairies started.

I'll name you Cap-san, Nakata-san... wait I'll name myself... Sir Christopher Mcfarlane! The fairy named himself! I can't stop laughing.

Fairies can make the civilization evolve with just sweets and fun. Ahahaha.
Also, at the last part where Watashi passed her throne as a God to Nakata-san... love the fairies going to distress. AHahaha.

I can't stop chuckling throughout the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2012 12:39 PM

May 2010

Looks like Spam will never cease to exist.
Sep 2, 2012 12:47 PM
Jul 2011
I was literally Laughting Out Loud when she read the field journal of the predecessor, It was a Parody of Resident Evil.
Sep 2, 2012 12:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Averim said:
Looks like Spam will never cease to exist.
I personally believe the 'expiration date' on each can is simply a formality to pass government regulations.

I've been thinking hard, and I've decided I really want to know what Nakata-san meant when he answered Watashi by saying "They surrendered."
Sep 2, 2012 1:22 PM

Aug 2012
This episode is fun! Maybe the funniest!

Mediator is really a job for Watashi. She do it right.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Sep 2, 2012 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
So she was the queen in the last ep and now she's god. This show surely never ceases to amaze me.
Sep 2, 2012 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
So, fairy urine is essentially pure water. Interesting.
Sep 2, 2012 1:57 PM

Jul 2010

Nice E.T. reference
Elite60Sep 3, 2012 2:17 AM
Sep 2, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2010
wow this ep was great..really liking this anime.
Sep 2, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
I love that Watashi's first interaction with the fairies was kidnapping a few of them and, literally, scaring the piss out of them.

Anyway, I do wonder why this series decided to use a nonlinear format for its story. I mean, I kind of like the ordering of the arcs so far but I guess I don't see any real purpose to it. When Haruhi did it, the nonlinear order preserved a sense of mystery throughout the series and provided a more dramatic climax at the end than the chronological order. For this series, since the arcs are relatively self-contained stories, changing the order doesn't seem to have as much impact. Still, I don't have a problem with it - just curious.
Sep 2, 2012 3:51 PM

Dec 2009
I want a fairy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 2, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Every episode is another episode where I fall more in love.

As far as chronologically goes, this week seems to be the earliest scene of the show, showing Ms. sweets return from school(so next week two parter at school? maybe?) She has chosen her job as the mediator we all know and love. She was hoping for an easy job with little work and is disappointed when grandfather has her go out to some fairy colonies to establish contact. All she finds is a dump, not that surprising after watching the last episode. The real question is, if this is the first episode how did she not anticipate how terrible things would get on the island. Poor Ms. Sweets She never learns does she?

Once again, another spectacularly hilarious episode. I guess this was another one-parter, Although the theme of the two episodes is a nice close look at how quickly, and disastrously Fairy society is built.) Ms. sweets Brought up some interesting things. Such as how the fairies are thought of as "New-Humanity". Just shy new humans, seeing as how they pissed themselves in fear when Ms. Sweets tried some Darker humor on them. They piss pure water, and they have no names.

They also seem to love putting humans all super important beings as the first things the fairies do is ask if she is God. Ms. Sweets of course doesn't accept that pedestal(but being a Queen is just fine.) and when she tags the fairies after they built her her statue was icing on the cake.

The fact that Ms. Sweets did try to make good on her promise of naming everyone does prove that she is actually kind hearted. The problem is, the fairies get way out of hand with everything they do, so even someone who is kind hearted gets thrown into these situations that would make even the most humble person get a little conceited.

Anywhere else, having a character narrate over the writings of another would be boring or best suited for the book, but they translate pretty well and keep most of the humor. The previous mediator kept a detailed account of the fairies at first but slowly because obsessed with the food they are able to somehow provide him.

I'm just gonna throw out my crazy,"she's crazy" theory. It's fun, but at this late in the game, it seems pretty obvious that the fairies are real. In fact my new theory is that shes going to school and they'll be pretty Fairy devoid episodes and not only will there be no fairies but no grandfather, or assistant! I've never enjoyed the side casts so much and its such a shame that they share so little of the spotlight. But Ms. Sweets is one of my favorite protagonists as well so less of her would be just as sad, so really, all I can say is, I love the characters of this show so much.

New Theory on Fairy origins. They were created by humans, humans got lazy, Faries went overboard like always and humanity was wiped out by it's inability to fix the fairies gigantic problems. Humanity still survives on the outskirts, the fairies a distant thing of the past almost a myth but still humans have little hope and now busy themselves with a project to keep their dying race a memory.

The animation is also just wonderful. The color palette gets me every time. They designs are fun, and every new setting brings something interesting to look at. The music is awesome as well. The tracks they have fit right in. I'd like to applaud the music director.

This show is going on my list of favorites. I would have never guessed that the show with the weird robot bread ripping its head open and bleeding everywhere would turn out to be just so amazingly well done. Two episodes to go, I'm excited and sad that that'll be the end.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Sep 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
Elite60 said:

Really? I thought it was more like The Creation of Adam, a ceiling painting by Michelangelo...you know, with the whole episode about her being God and all. Or maybe they were alluding to both references.
Sep 2, 2012 4:48 PM

Aug 2009
A fairies-centric episode. Not my favourite, but still very good nonetheless.
As I expected (cuz I thought a three-eps arc would be unlikely), this turned out to be a 'standalone' episode, but thematically it's kinda linked to the previous one.

Crawken said:
In fact my new theory is that shes going to school and they'll be pretty Fairy devoid episodes and not only will there be no fairies but no grandfather, or assistant!

I think this could very well be the case. Judging by the OP and the anime's pretty much reverse chronology in its narrative, the last arc could be set in her school days. Yeah, I may be speculating too much.

4kicks said:
Elite60 said:

Really? I thought it was more like The Creation of Adam, a ceiling painting by Michelangelo...you know, with the whole episode about her being God and all. Or maybe they were alluding to both references.

Yeah, it reminded me of the painting too.
Sep 2, 2012 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
Devilishly Divine, literally.
Sep 2, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2009
Was hoping they would show her first job!~ I wonder what the final 2 episodes will be about..this show was my favorite this season and I hope it sells well and gets a second season <3
Sep 2, 2012 8:58 PM

Nov 2009
If the next 2 eps will be about Watashi in school, then it might show how the fairies came or showed up on Earth for the first time...Or maybe not...The white-haired girl (I forgot her name—the BL manga discoverer lol)...I mean, she's the only one whom we didn't know how Watashi had met for the first time. She was in school with Watashi, right? Maybe she'll show up again next eps.

I wonder what trouble that white-haired girl made at school...

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Sep 2, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was quite similar to the previous, with some religion. Didn't like it as much though. Watashi and Grandfather said some curious things about the fairies this episode. I'm hoping for a satisfying resolution, preferably explaining the origin of the fairies.
MissileSoupSep 2, 2012 9:52 PM
Sep 3, 2012 12:14 AM

Mar 2009
Has anyone noticed Seychelles flag?

Watashi was sent to an "uninhabited" place...
That english fairy...

So many things...
welp
Sep 3, 2012 2:05 AM

Jul 2010
4kicks said:
Elite60 said:

Crawken said:

Yeah, it reminded me of the painting too.

I suppose the scene can have multiple references. E.T. was the first thing that popped into mind and watching the raw with scrolling Japanese comments, E.T. filled the screen immediately. In the context of the episode, I would lean towards the painting though.
Elite60Sep 3, 2012 2:16 AM
Sep 3, 2012 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
Their urine is pure water? My head just registered some Rule 34 scenes! >_< I need to make an appointment with the shrink soon. @_@

One small candy for man, one giant candy for new-mankind. Woah, Neil Armstrong. Rest in Peace, man.

4kicks said:
Elite60 said:

Michelangelo was the first thing that came to my mind too since they've asked first if she was God.

Hooray for peace on Earth! ^.^ and Sir Christopher McFarlane, mindblown!

Grandpa said:
This is how current mankind operates.

OMG, wait... that's us! @_@
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 3, 2012 3:22 AM

Oct 2011
Sir Chikuwa, why you sound so delicious?!?!? xD
Sep 3, 2012 5:02 AM
Jun 2008
so this how it all begins how main female meet the fairies?

sure 1st day work go dump then later sweet meet the fairies & bring few to see oh the fairy wet themselves on water?

then point finger all good & names for them then next day fairy build a city with giant robot too.

all good til book for names to give & next day make main female a god but no pass it to fairy in suit cue RUN & bye-bye fairy city.

wonder 2eps to go what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 3, 2012 5:11 AM

Jan 2012
it's like things are happening in reverse order.
Sep 3, 2012 5:54 AM

Aug 2010
I can't stop loving this series.
Great episode, I'm glad we got to see the very first episode.
Those fairies are so cute and funny, and Watashi a wonderful character like always.
Sep 3, 2012 6:49 AM

May 2008
Sury said:
So she was the queen in the last ep and now she's god. This show surely never ceases to amaze me.

I wanted to say that ! LOL.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 3, 2012 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
Cratex said:
So many great lines to quote in this episode.

My favorite:

"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot" -Watashi

I like the way she describes things, also in a very honest way.

With her since of humor she is perfect for the job of fairy mediator.
"To those who play with others feelings, I will not stand down!" - Cure Blossom, Heartcatch Precure!
Sep 3, 2012 9:39 AM
Jun 2008
haha The fairy is just like human, only with a more faster pace .The time pace for fairy and human are different same goes to their thought and thinking.
Those fairy are actually very intelligence,but they look pretty simple from the intelligence of human's POV.
Hopefully, the next episode will be the dinosaur arc and the next one will be mini watashi arc >.<"
Sep 3, 2012 9:59 AM

Dec 2007
This is the highlight of the season for me. Loving it.
Sep 3, 2012 10:59 AM

Jan 2012

The Treachery of Images ?
Sep 3, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
witchhuntress said:
If the next 2 eps will be about Watashi in school, then it might show how the fairies came or showed up on Earth for the first time...Or maybe not...The white-haired girl (I forgot her name—the BL manga discoverer lol)...I mean, she's the only one whom we didn't know how Watashi had met for the first time. She was in school with Watashi, right? Maybe she'll show up again next eps.

I wonder what trouble that white-haired girl made at school...

Yeah, that could be interesting. Watashi referred to Y and her (boy, does this anime have...unconventional character names) as 'accomplices', so it'd be nice to see that school story expanded, even if I'm generally not too fond of school settings in anime (but this is Jinrui, so it can pull out anything). Plus, I quite liked Sawashiro Miyuki's (Y's seiyuu) and Nakahara Mai's (Watashi's seiyuu) interaction in the BL manga arc so I'd be glad to see more.

iViperV said:

The Treachery of Images ?

Sweet. Nice catch!

Btw, the predecessor's diary reminded me of Resident Evil diaries/memos, in the way it's presented.
metamorphiusSep 3, 2012 11:43 AM
Sep 3, 2012 12:46 PM
Jan 2008
I just realized that this show jumps all over the place LOL.

So glad I stuck with this series...funniest damn series this summer.
Sep 3, 2012 2:03 PM
Oct 2010
The fairy named Tanaka was in the factory arc if i remember correct? Must be the first fairy that have appeared in two different arcs.

I thought it was funny seeing the fairies interpret Watashi's action and words since we viewers by now know how the fairies think and act, at least a little.
Sep 3, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 2008
Oh I see! They're going backwards!!
Sep 3, 2012 7:42 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was fun :)
Sep 4, 2012 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, we could totally put Kami-sama and Megami as one of her many nicknames.

Overall, fun episode. Lol @ god tag.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Apr 23, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.