Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 20, 2008 3:39 PM
Dec 2007
I find approximately every character in this show to be highly antipathic, from the drunkard strategist to the wimpy neighbour or his hysteric girlfriend. And the direction feels really amateurish with a great importance placed on insignificant details and artificial plot strings pulled everywhere instead of focusing on important matters. As a Gundam fan, it's really a pain to watch that, I think that the series on which 00 is based, Gundam Wing, with all the pacing and plot problems (not counting the weak characterization) it had, was far better than its current counterpart.

I'm really, really disappointed by this show, I just can't enjoy it, even the Chiaki Ishikawa ending is one of the less interesting song I've heard from her... Oh and God, how I hate UVERworld and its gay singer? No, really this show clearly isn't for me, I'll wait till Tomino comes back to the franchise, until then, Gundam is dead for me (even if SEED and DESTINY were good Gundam series it wasn't worth Zeta/Turn A/Victory/0079). I can even bet that if you would just strip Gundam 00 of its name ("Gundam"), no one would watch it and it would be bashed in every forum.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 20, 2008 3:42 PM

May 2008
Jacut said:
I enjoy horse cock in my rectum

Keep your personal life to yourself.
Oct 20, 2008 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
im pretty sure lockon 2 is a double agent

5/5 for the ep!
Oct 20, 2008 4:36 PM

Apr 2008
Jacut said:
I find approximately every character in this show to be highly antipathic, from the drunkard strategist to the wimpy neighbour or his hysteric girlfriend. And the direction feels really amateurish with a great importance placed on insignificant details and artificial plot strings pulled everywhere instead of focusing on important matters. As a Gundam fan, it's really a pain to watch that, I think that the series on which 00 is based, Gundam Wing, with all the pacing and plot problems (not counting the weak characterization) it had, was far better than its current counterpart.

I'm really, really disappointed by this show, I just can't enjoy it, even the Chiaki Ishikawa ending is one of the less interesting song I've heard from her... Oh and God, how I hate UVERworld and its gay singer? No, really this show clearly isn't for me, I'll wait till Tomino comes back to the franchise, until then, Gundam is dead for me (even if SEED and DESTINY were good Gundam series it wasn't worth Zeta/Turn A/Victory/0079). I can even bet that if you would just strip Gundam 00 of its name ("Gundam"), no one would watch it and it would be bashed in every forum.

I was reading the comment, and I was like wtf, how could you not like this show. Then I looked at who was actually commenting and calmed down
Oct 20, 2008 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
hmmm btw can someone gimme gundam 00 pictures i need some like of the 00 gundam
from last episode. i know some of you guys have this stuff D:

Also: I lol'd at Setsuna bringing whoever the hell he wants to the. Like in the first season he was also like this. "Sup I'm in Celestian Being." So much for secrecy >_>.

Point 2: How the hell did those guys miss Allelujah? He had been stuck in a cell for 4 years so I'd guess he wasn't at his best...he was like 20 feet away from the gundam and no cover at all! Also why not steal the gundam.

Point 3: Saji needs to stfu and stop whining srsly. He is taking away like 1-2 minutes of mecha screen time ;O

I don't care though this is awesome :)
Oct 20, 2008 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
Hell yeah Allelujah/Hallelujah is back :D
Great episode.
Oct 20, 2008 6:13 PM

Apr 2008
Seriously, secrecy isn't a top priority for CB these days. Not that I really care, but hopefully it doesn't get them in trouble in the future.

msw's Point 2: agreed. Smirnov was just pulling the trigger 20 feet in front of him and couldn't shoot down Allelujah. So much for an experienced soldier in the A-Laws. Spend too much time in a mobile suit much?

I hope Saji becomes a Gundam Meister XD

aero said:
Hell yeah Allelujah/Hallelujah is back :D
Great episode.

Hallelujah is dead D:
Oct 20, 2008 7:47 PM
Jan 2008
As expected, total awesomeness. The new gundams are epic, but i still don't like Seravee.

PS, I just finished a PS2 game and were given some minor information
Oct 20, 2008 8:00 PM

Jul 2007
Good episode.
Nice to see everything go just as planned lol
Oct 20, 2008 8:50 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome rescue mission was awesome. Glad to see Allelujah back and I also want to find out what's up with Lyle. He's not giving me the greatest vibes D:
Oct 20, 2008 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
sHsIkuA said:
So I am not the only one who thought the Ptolemaios crashing to the ocean to cause the flood is awesome? Lol

I found that to be really sick.

These 4 years really have changed Setsuna..he's a mix of James Bond/Solid Snake and pilots a mecha..
The love-romance-action-suspense-design eye candy-ness of this episode just blew me away.

Lyle is really interesting...

Overall to me..this was 6/5..CG watch out
Oct 20, 2008 11:04 PM

Jun 2008
Saber said:
Maurice said:
Lyle/Lockon 2 sucks at sniping XD

IIRC he's faking it. He's got scores equal or even better than Neil's.

But seriously, there's something horribly wrong with Lyle. He's trying to impersonate his brother, acts all super cool, makes a move on Feldt... It's kind of obvious he's attempting to fool Celestial Being. He's a Katalon double agent alright.

NO ONE IS BETTER AT SNIPING THAN LOCKON (Neil)!! Not in the G00 universe anyway =P

I wonder if it runs in the genes or something XD. But yeah, he's definitely pretending. I wonder if Sumeragi knows/suspects something though...I think he only agreed to become Gundam Meister to help out Kataron by using CB.. right now though, they have the same goals, but don't worry, Setsuna and Tieria (and also Alle) will kick his butt if he tries to betray CB

Like Tieria, I won't acknowledge him as Lockon, so I shall call him "Lockoff" =P Damn him for trying to copy the *real* Lockon! (I can't believe he tried to copy Lockon's phrases as well! DX Nuuuu Haro, don't tell him! And don't call Haro by name like he's your best friend =( ). but LOL@his interactions with Tieria Lyle called him "kawaii" and Tieria's like "agh, don't talk to me kthanx."

I like those after ending song bits When Lyle said "I'm sick of that reaction" it reminded me of Neo from GSD DX ... (why must my fave guys be replaced by stupid imposters?! *rantrantrant*)

In the next ep, slap 'im for me would ja Feldt? I just hope she doesn't get disillusioned and fall in love with him or something, and then she becomes his tool DX

---

Ptolomaios II can come down to Earth?! And it's a submarine?! Archangel (GS/D) copycat! Archangel >>> Ptolomaios! >(

Poor Alleluja, he's been in that cell for the past 4 years! I hope he didn't mean he was restricted to that chair all those 4 years... From Soma's flashback, and what Alleluja said, it's obvious that they grew up in the super soldiers facility together. So probably childhood friends I'm guessing. I'm not sure if they're gonna end up as a couple, or if it's more like brother-sister relationship.

Alleluja looked like he hasn't slept in days.. yet he's fine driving a Gundam XD (I just had visions of him falling asleep at the wheel, or running into obstacles XD)

vindemon64 said:
Pretty good episode. For one thing, the officers that were shooting at Allejulah at the end of the show had really horrible aim. I mean, c'mon. The dude is right in front of you. Or better yet - take the freaking Gundam that's right in front of you.

LOL, yeah I was thinking that too, they had a lot of time too, while Soma and Alle were thinking and monologuing XD Yes, I guess they're too used to the mobile suits automatically adjusting the aim. As for why not steal the Gundams? Not everyone can just jump in a Gundam and automatically know how to pilot a new machine ( Instruction manuals? What manuals? XD ), or maybe they need to watch some previous Gundam series for tips on how to steal Gundams XD

awww, Marina cried for Setsuna, which means they might end up as a couple>_> ...

LOL, Setsuna loves to bring random people aboard the CB doesn't he. First it's Saji, then Lyle, now it's Marina... wonder who he's gonna bring aboard next ep XDDD

Gah, why must they only show one ep a week?!? DX

MapleRoseOct 20, 2008 11:09 PM
Oct 20, 2008 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
i dont see any problems with lyle being a so-called double agent. kataron is pretty much CB but based on earth, hence they are pretty much after the same goal. to rid of a-laws. the fact that he is somewhat of a lost brother to lockon, only recognizing him before he died is the only thing that is very unusual.

if you have a twin, wouldn't your twin be the closest person to you, it seems that lockon 1 didnt mention nor recognized him before. even sumeragi is finding out this. she had a little scene there overlooking lyle's profile.

CB colors, looking like power rangers=win they are looking really silly. just need that megazord. im telling you guys tieria's gundam is a head for a bigger gundam.
Oct 20, 2008 11:17 PM

Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
Pretty good episode. For one thing, the officers that were shooting at Allejulah at the end of the show had really horrible aim. I mean, c'mon. The dude is right in front of you. Or better yet - take the freaking Gundam that's right in front of you.

Doublellujah is a SUPER soldier

Oct 21, 2008 12:12 AM
Sep 2008
good episode...

I'm liking allelujah's different colored eyes, also LOL at the reaction from him when he saw lockon.
Oct 21, 2008 12:18 AM

Jul 2008
Did anyone notice Soma/Marie's dad?

LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Oct 21, 2008 1:00 AM
Jun 2008
KrylonBlue said:

That put a smile on my face.

It was so lame, yet so freaking awesome at the same time. =D

YAY FOR RAINBOWS >w<
Oct 21, 2008 1:11 AM

Feb 2008
Another awesome episode.
Oct 21, 2008 1:30 AM

Oct 2008
kianbung said:
KrylonBlue said:

YAY FOR RAINBOWS >w<

they looked FABULOUS.
Oct 21, 2008 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
i think that the connection between celestial being and katalon is even greater now with both lock on and marina being connected to the girl that is the head of katalon.

also doesn't the purple haired girl with that evil green haired guy look like she is related to tieria.
Oct 21, 2008 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
crazy_eights said:
i think that the connection between celestial being and katalon is even greater now with both lock on and marina being connected to the girl that is the head of katalon.

also doesn't the purple haired girl with that evil green haired guy look like she is related to tieria.

i want shirin to play a bigger role. maybe steal away setsuna or something. that would be something out of the blue.
Oct 21, 2008 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! ^_^

I especially loved Setsuna going and rescuing his woman, Marina.
Oct 21, 2008 4:23 AM
Sep 2008
Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 21, 2008 7:06 AM

Sep 2006
kianbung said:

YAY FOR RAINBOWS >w<

Haha...total agreement.

Loved this episode...our heroes blasting through everything in delicious animation is always feel-good, but I'm rather more interested in the possibilities that this episode hints at...

Firstly Soma [Marie?] x Allelujah...I'm pretty sure we don't yet know what their previous relationship was, yet the ED suggests it and this episode reinforces it...

Next Setsuna x Marina...first season was a total let down in that area, but now that she's on the Ptolemaios, hopefully this time around she'll really get involved and influence Setsuna/CB's actions...or maybe even [gasp] make herself useful and lead a CB-backed revolution or something...

Finally Lyle x Feldt...seriously, sugoi shokku. 0_0
That kind of preview makes me see Lockon more and more in a negative way, and the only reason I can think of that Kataron and CB don't join together is because they're going to end up on different sides...
Otherwise, I can only hope that its an accident or that the next episode develops something and makes it a cute scene...otherwise I can only see it as manipulation. *sigh*
Oct 21, 2008 7:31 AM

Feb 2008
the awesomeness of this episode, especially the superb battles are giving me goosebumps....

i am totally impressed with sumeragi's non-sneaky battle plan

Oct 21, 2008 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
Frito said:
i dont see any problems with lyle being a so-called double agent. kataron is pretty much CB but based on earth, hence they are pretty much after the same goal. to rid of a-laws. the fact that he is somewhat of a lost brother to lockon, only recognizing him before he died is the only thing that is very unusual.

if you have a twin, wouldn't your twin be the closest person to you, it seems that lockon 1 didnt mention nor recognized him before. even sumeragi is finding out this. she had a little scene there overlooking lyle's profile.

Lockon (Neil) did mention/recognize him before, in ep 9 with that grave scene. And Lyle muttered to himself about "that guy" being there, so he acknowledges Neil's existence as well. And, Neil did say something about Lyle before he died. (although Lyle wasn't in his flashback of his family.. which makes me wanna believe Lyle is actually a clone XD)

I guess they're just not close.. Then again, Lockon/Neil being in CB pretty much means he'd have to keep his life a secret. The CB crew don't know about each others' pasts and they don't ask, so it's not surprising that Sumeragi (or anyone on CB) doesn't know about Lyle because Neil never told anyone or felt the need to.

----

oh yeah, Tieria is all nice and sweet now XD well, to Alle anyway. awwww... I like the new Tieria, but also kinda miss the haughty and arrogant Tieria XD At least he's still somewhat that way with Lyle (I can imagine him saying to Lyle "you're not fit to be a Gundam Meister!)
MapleRoseOct 21, 2008 8:06 AM
Oct 21, 2008 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
MapleRose said:
Lockon (Neil) did mention/recognize him before, in ep 9 with that grave scene. And Lyle muttered to himself about "that guy" being there, so he acknowledges Neil's existence as well. And, Neil did say something about Lyle before he died. (although Lyle wasn't in his flashback of his family.. which makes me wanna believe Lyle is actually a clone XD)

I guess they're just not close.. Then again, Lockon/Neil being in CB pretty much means he'd have to keep his life a secret. The CB crew don't know about each others' pasts and they don't ask, so it's not surprising that Sumeragi (or anyone on CB) doesn't know about Lyle because Neil never told anyone or felt the need to.

----

oh yeah, Tieria is all nice and sweet now XD well, to Alle anyway. awwww... I like the new Tieria, but also kinda miss the haughty and arrogant Tieria XD At least he's still somewhat that way with Lyle (I can imagine him saying to Lyle "you're not fit to be a Gundam Meister!)

Extended Season1 ending from Gundam Meisters game also adds up to the Lyle mystery, hinting, that he might know a lot more.

As for Relationship of Lyle/Neil - well, ONE of them was absent from the Christmas-meal scene, implying that one of them had not-so-good relationship with the whole family.

New Tieria is interesting. And, I guess its being balanced by Setsuna becoming more Tieria-like.
AhenshihaelOct 21, 2008 10:58 AM
Oct 21, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
I realized that the new CB uniform is ugly.
btw another fantastic episode of Gundam 00
6/5
Oct 21, 2008 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
As for Relationship of Lyle/Neil - well, ONE of them was absent from the Christmas-meal scene, implying that one of them had not-so-good relationship with the whole family.

New Tieria is interesting. And, I guess its being balanced by Setsuna becoming more Tieria-like.

Well, usually there's a good twin and an evil twin. Neil is the good twin, so that leaves Lyle to be the rebel.

Setsuna is becoming more Tieria-like? O__o How so?
Oct 21, 2008 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Setsuna more Tiera-like? as in never happy?
but thats just plain Setsuna right?

Yeah, lol it gave Sumeragi 2nd thoughts when the uniform was offered to her.
Oct 21, 2008 2:08 PM
Oct 2007
this ep was awesome, can't wait for the next ep:D
Oct 21, 2008 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:

You must be terribly hard to please.
Oct 22, 2008 4:08 AM

May 2008
curvethatbullet said:
Jacut said:

You must be terribly hard to please.

Ignore him. He's a Troll and French.
Oct 22, 2008 5:35 AM

Mar 2008
Lyle is starting to piss me off. Leaking info and crap. Also in the preview he kisses Feldt wtf! i hope he dies!! >:(. I Want the old lockon back :'(
Oct 22, 2008 10:18 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe Lyle has a little relationship with Shirin? Maybe Ali Al-Saachez kills her and Lyle goes berserk because then Ali would have killed Lyle's brother (ours favorite, Lockon *the real one!!!*) and girlfriend :) Now that would be interesting actually. (No I don't like Shirin nor Ali Al-Saachez.)

But enough of that. Episode 3. BOMBASTIC! Pure awesomeness. I really liked it. About missing Allelujah, I don't care! All I want is mecha action. I don't really give a damn about non-mecha fights :P

Oct 22, 2008 12:27 PM

Sep 2006
Allelejah clearly has godly blessings...
I can not think of another way to explain how he runs across a hallway and gets into the Arios while 3 guys are shooting at him at a very close range, and does not take a single hit...
Oct 22, 2008 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
Kuisanagi said:
Allelejah clearly has godly blessings...
I can not think of another way to explain how he runs across a hallway and gets into the Arios while 3 guys are shooting at him at a very close range, and does not take a single hit...

How about the fact that he was made into a supersoldier during his childhood and survived various survival-required-events.

Supersoldiers, ubermensch, usually have heightened capabilities of speed and muscle-strength. If anything he would have refined something of that during his stay on CB, so its not that surprising that he could escape that scene. Supersoldier projects, after all, were always about "one instead of ten" type armies.
Oct 22, 2008 1:15 PM

Sep 2006
In that case, I would've liked to see some super-speed running or dodging of bullets...rather than just gunshots hitting the walls.
At any rate, after 4 years of confinement in a strait-jacket...I'm surprised he can do anything like run around or pilot a Gundam immediately.
KuisanagiOct 22, 2008 1:21 PM
Oct 22, 2008 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
Kuisanagi said:
In that case, I would've liked to see some super-speed running or dodging of bullets...rather than just gunshots hitting the walls.
At any rate, after 4 years of confinement in a strait-jacket...I'm surprised he can do anything like run around or pilot a Gundam immediately.

Yeah, I don't know how he can even walk straight after being confined in that cell (or that chair) for the last 4 years, and looks like he hasn't slept in days, and then get into a new Gundam he's never seen before and be able to pilot it perfectly (okay I guess maybe it's not too different from his old one, but 4 years is a long time)...

I guess HRL ppl just have horrible aims, or they just suck with guns XD need to have mechas automatically adjust things for them. It was almost point-blank range too...

I think it's 'cause Alle isn't meant to be injured, and they're too lazy to animate super-speed dodging, so they just made the soldiers have horrible aim and hope nobody will notice XD

Oct 22, 2008 7:08 PM

Jun 2008
grt episode and i have to agree, it feels that it is better than the first series. or is it absence makes the heart grown fonder? hmm, tiera has changed. he is friendlier to his fellow pilots which i think is a plus.
Oct 23, 2008 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
DinaraC said:
grt episode and i have to agree, it feels that it is better than the first series. or is it absence makes the heart grown fonder? hmm, tiera has changed. he is friendlier to his fellow pilots which i think is a plus.

Lol, the wait could be the reason, but I do feel that the pace is better and more exciting than the beginning of season 1. I didn't like the first few eps of season 1 at all, thought it was just politics and mecha fanservice XD I think the reason for that is at the beginning, they have to set up the environment, explain the world situation and technologies, introduce the characters and the factions, which can all be quite boring (to me anyway). But season 2, you already know most of the characters and what the world is like, so they can get right into the action and plot.

That, and because most who are watching season 2 are fans of season 1 (or at least liked it in some way) XD
Oct 23, 2008 12:59 PM

Feb 2007
I don't like Lockon v2. :(

Great ep, Allelujah is amazing.

DinaraC said:
hmm, tiera has changed. he is friendlier to his fellow pilots which i think is a plus.

If by more friendly you mean more gay then yes. More gay for sure.
Oct 23, 2008 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
Ribbons(whatever his name is) must have.. a.. sloww... and ...bitter... death... screw ....hhhim
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Oct 24, 2008 12:29 AM
Nov 2007
I don't even want to call Lyle Dylandy, Lockon 2. I just call him Lyle Dylandy... And Ribbons is not going to die soon. They first get rid of the A-Laws one by one I Guess.
Oct 24, 2008 12:45 AM
Apr 2008
Agreed. But A-LAWS won't disappear so soon. I expect them to perish with Ribbons at the end of the season.

& the story among Ribbons, Tieria, Neena & Regene will have to be cleared up before any of them died in the season.
Oct 24, 2008 4:34 AM

Jun 2007
Yea.. So far it looks better than the first series..
Oct 24, 2008 8:54 AM

Jun 2008
Maurice said:
I don't even want to call Lyle Dylandy, Lockon 2. I just call him Lyle Dylandy... And Ribbons is not going to die soon. They first get rid of the A-Laws one by one I Guess.

Yeah, I don't want to call Lyle "Lockon" either, that'll just insult Lockon. So I call him "Lockoff" XD

I think Ribbons would either be the final boss, or he'll die early and the *real* final boss will be revealed.
Oct 25, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Calestial Being has cleaned up XD Let's move on to the next mission.
Mar 30, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
allelujah is back, and now they have for gundams running around, and it seems that guy who took over for lockon is using celestial being to help catacon (or whatever that antigov't force is)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 27, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
MapleRose said:
Maurice said:

Yeah, I don't want to call Lyle "Lockon" either, that'll just insult Lockon. So I call him "Lockoff" XD

Lol
I was so in a Venting mode when the preview showed him kissing Feldt D:<
It made me feel a little sad when Tieria welcomed Alle... if only Lockon was there ;A;

Anyway, S2 totally kicking ass :D
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.