Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2012 1:17 PM
Apr 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Lelouch22 said:

Sagara is easily one of the better MC's of the year

Hagure and Campione's easily got him beat, I'd also give the nudge to SAO's as well. Sagara is all talk but no walk. He can talk big and even have backbone, but he just always seems to fail. Its like he can't do anything on his own.

Since Sagara is kind of taking the place of a Sengoku Era general, he doesn't need to really do anything himself. As long as he's able to convince people to do what he wants them to do, he has everything he needs.

Whereas the rest of the people you mentioned are intended to be heroes, so they have to be able to fight on their own.
Aug 12, 2012 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
Great combo of comedy and action!! And I was really scared when Goemon got shot
Aug 12, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
I was scared for a second that loli ninja died lol. In any case, great episode like always, loved the battle. Looking forward to next episode.

Aug 12, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 2012
It was a really good episode, I liked how they took over the castle, Katsuie she was kicking some ass, either way it was a really good episode and god damn I love the music in this show as expected from the god Yasuharu Takanashi.

9/10
Aug 12, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2011
Aww the end was so sweet with the lights forming a serpent. Oda dedicated the castle and town to the Viper. They should have at least locked up the enemy if they weren't gonna kill him. We'll be introduce to some new and busty female characters...can't wait XD
Aug 12, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Lelouch22 said:

Hagure and Campione's easily got him beat, I'd also give the nudge to SAO's as well. Sagara is all talk but no walk. He can talk big and even have backbone, but he just always seems to fail. Its like he can't do anything on his own.

I won't go as far as saying he's the best MC of this season let alone this year, but still, he was doing well in this episode. You're right about that he can only talk, but his way of talking benefits his companions too. He also needs support from his people, of course, no warlord can conquer anything on his own. Sure, he's too aggressive, irrational, naive, and these things are unlikely to be changed for better anytime soon, but this time he was doing it right IMO. He proved his knowledge to be useful.
Aug 12, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
that scene where goemon died scared the shit out of me, i seriously couldn't believe it, but i lol'd when she got back up and said she had chain mail, and i started thinking about how there was no blood spurt when she got shot -__-, they seriously trolled me on that one

also did anyone else notice how yoshiharu was all beaten up after he hugged goemon? xD

this anime is pretty good, i look forward to the next episode
Aug 12, 2012 3:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:

also did anyone else notice how yoshiharu was all beaten up after he hugged goemon? xD
A couple of us already commented on it above...
Aug 12, 2012 3:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I feel like this is getting more and more predictable. I've really yet to see any actual drama in this, just "people are sad but later they're happy", is the basis of drama this show's established so far. Not that I really mind it, it's just getting a little cheesy.

Looks like new characters are about to pop in. The cute nun from the OP is FINALLY here.
Aug 12, 2012 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
KaitoDash said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Lelouch22 said:

I won't go as far as saying he's the best MC of this season let alone this year, but still, he was doing well in this episode. You're right about that he can only talk, but his way of talking benefits his companions too. He also needs support from his people, of course, no warlord can conquer anything on his own. Sure, he's too aggressive, irrational, naive, and these things are unlikely to be changed for better anytime soon, but this time he was doing it right IMO. He proved his knowledge to be useful.

Keep in mind that the real "Hashiba Toyotomi" (later as Hideyoshi) also was very good at negotiating with people.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 12, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
too much sparing of enemies.

too bad the loli lived. there is way too many of them as is in this show.

still the mc is kinda cool, not as good as some of t he others this season though.
Aug 12, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Man I was scared like crap when I thought Goemon died. I was like damn retreat and was scared again when i saw her just pop up. Wow chainmail
Aug 12, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2008
Cratex said:

'realistically' she's probably bruised as hell, and lucky at that - mail rarely stopped a bullet unless it was spent or mis-loaded. However, I don't know what the writer's intention was here as we've got some mix of supernatural elements, so I don't know if it was that or maybe it was just an assumption about what mail could do.

Gun at that time weren't as strong as they are nowadays.
If in our time blocking a bullet with a chainmail is something almost impossible, in their time it wasn't. Don't get me wrong though; I'm not saying that chainmail could easely block a bullet then, it obviously took some luck but that luck was still in the realm of what you would call realistic... convenient maybe, but possible.
Aug 12, 2012 4:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:

Gun at that time weren't as strong as they are nowadays.
If in our time blocking a bullet with a chainmail is something almost impossible, in their time it wasn't. Don't get me wrong though; I'm not saying that chainmail could easely block a bullet then, it obviously took some luck but that luck was still in the realm of what you would call realistic... convenient maybe, but possible.
Well, no, I realize guns of that time period weren't capable of firing as powerfully as modern guns, but it was the widespread use of guns that made armor obsolete - even in the 16 hundreds in Europe where hardened steel plate was being developed specifically to stop bullets it was quickly found that the weight was becoming prohibitive. But, I didn't say mail stopping it wasn't possible - just lucky :)
Aug 12, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
With Loli Ninjas, Strategists, and Spearmen already in tow I don't know if I can handle the addition of a cute nun and demon girls lol
Aug 12, 2012 5:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
leeto_of_troy said:
With Loli Ninjas, Strategists, and Spearmen already in tow I don't know if I can handle the addition of a cute nun and demon girls lol
It would seem to make for a rather discordant combination.
Aug 12, 2012 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
EPIC.I enjoyed every second of this episode like hell.Goemon and Hanbei FTW.Madhouse FTW.

5/5. I can't believe how underrated this show is.
Aug 12, 2012 7:16 PM

Jul 2010
Madhouse didn't let me down one bit.
Aug 12, 2012 7:25 PM
Aug 2011
How do you troll us like that Goemon!!!!
But I cannot be mad at you, You are too cute!!!
Aug 12, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode! Feels like the end of a season...

Next episode, new enemies, new goals, new adventures :D
Aug 12, 2012 9:20 PM

May 2010
Great episode

I'm so glad Goemon didn't die and I laughed at her reaction after Sagara hugged her lol.

Aug 12, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hanbei is still too cute for words :3

But anyway, really good episode. It was very focused, and the strategizing was predictable and typical, but it was still engaging. Definitely one of the better episodes (or for me at least). And not much fanservice either! Woohoo<3
Aug 12, 2012 11:18 PM

Nov 2008
I'm glad that it is still far from the generic harem antics that these types of shows are known for. But I would like to see more blood and a few severed heads once in a while, that would keep things interesting.
Aug 13, 2012 1:34 AM

May 2012
I was scared there for a second when the loli took the shot and did not wake up.... hehe.. Glad she is okay!!!! My #1 loli!!!
Aug 13, 2012 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Lelouch22 said:
Hagure and Campione's easily got him beat, I'd also give the nudge to SAO's as well.
Meh, Hagure's MC is some sort of a know-it-all or super-strong-even-the-enemies-are-afraid-of-him type of character. Some may think that's awesome but I don't really think he's interesting. I bet there'll hardly be any character development for him and the story will be more on the perspective of the girls. Sagara is a better MC, in my opinion. As for Campione, hmmm... I don't really hate that type of guy, but he's not that much better than Sagara. I can only agree if it's about Kirito.
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Sagara is all talk but no walk. He can talk big and even have backbone, but he just always seems to fail. Its like he can't do anything on his own.
You must like fighting-type hero protagonists who battle themselves (Goku from Dragonball) rather than the thinking-type leader protagonists (Lelouch from Code Geass).
Aug 13, 2012 4:40 AM

Jul 2011
Goemon is live thank god
Aug 13, 2012 6:12 AM

Mar 2011
That was good episode.Next ep more lolis :)
Aug 13, 2012 6:49 AM

Jan 2011
VerneJules said:
You must like fighting-type hero protagonists who battle themselves (Goku from Dragonball) rather than the thinking-type leader protagonists (Lelouch from Code Geass).

I can admit I do prefer the fighting types, and this being a anime about battle makes sense why I'd like him to be able to fight. But even as the thinker types, I can appreciate those as well. But thinkers like Lelouch from Code Geass go into the situation calm and cool, and even when faced with adversity, familiarize the situation. Like someone mentioned eariler, Sagara can be very irrational, brash and lacking composure when emotional.

And most of the time, that gets his ass in trouble where he has to be saved. Oda herself has to even get in his ass about this kind of stuff and how him not staying in his place can get him killed. That's pretty much why I don't consider him as good as the others. Without even looking at the fighting part, the other MCs are just really good at keeping composure under pressure, and I like that in a MC. Especially the current anime age where Guys are usually shown as inferior to women unless its a shounen.
Aug 13, 2012 7:19 AM

Dec 2008
Best episode so far! O_O Now I think this is the best anime of the season! XD Better than SAO!

btw, Goemon is my favorite! It was a relief when I saw she didn't die! \o/

And I don't like Hanbei's character design! -_-
^_~
Aug 13, 2012 8:19 AM

Mar 2011
Lmao Goemom FTW
Another great episode and the ending + the song played just at the right time were perfect. Kinda reminds me of FMAB and Bakuman. I'm a sucker for things like that.
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Aug 13, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
I'm really starting to enjoy this series a lot more. In the beginning it looked like another total fan service job with an interesting premise, but now the characters are just becoming more and more likable. Fan service is also kept to a minimum, which is good.

And as someone who's dipped into the LN, I have to say I like the anime Nobuna better. Not sure if it's because the plot hasn't gotten to that point yet, but the LN Nobuna is just a total tsundere...
Aug 13, 2012 10:19 AM

Jun 2010
I think more lolis are going to be introduced. :D

This episode was awesome. Didn't know about the building a castle in one day though. Pretty awesome.

Aug 13, 2012 11:38 AM

May 2010
I'm not really surprise if Goemon was unharm cause she's a loli ninja !!
Aug 13, 2012 12:37 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
VerneJules said:

I can admit I do prefer the fighting types, and this being a anime about battle makes sense why I'd like him to be able to fight. But even as the thinker types, I can appreciate those as well. But thinkers like Lelouch from Code Geass go into the situation calm and cool, and even when faced with adversity, familiarize the situation. Like someone mentioned eariler, Sagara can be very irrational, brash and lacking composure when emotional.

And most of the time, that gets his ass in trouble where he has to be saved. Oda herself has to even get in his ass about this kind of stuff and how him not staying in his place can get him killed. That's pretty much why I don't consider him as good as the others. Without even looking at the fighting part, the other MCs are just really good at keeping composure under pressure, and I like that in a MC. Especially the current anime age where Guys are usually shown as inferior to women unless its a shounen.

So you don't like him because he's realistic?
Aug 13, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Nice action packed episode and a great ending. The town called "stepfather" and the fires which resemble a viper. :)

Goemon trolling Monkey. She got only got knocked out because she wore armor. Her protectors didn't like Monkey hugging her though.

Aug 13, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
The only problem I have with serie is that every female character got a damn thick plot armor.
I don't want to see a character die for the sake of dying but a show developing when you know that no important female character can die turn most pinch into something ridiculous. It's war time for god sake it would be normal for character to die.
Aug 13, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2010
The author really knows how to make a history nerd orgasm at the references, throw in cute genderbent characters, and then present some nice what if scenarios. I love this damn show.

Can't wait for Date next episode.
Aug 13, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:

This may be about battles but for armies and not martial arts. I wouldn't want him to be able to take down 20 men on his own or an army with just a party, he's better off as a commander than a warrior who suddenly gets some special training from some special master and beats all the strong guys in the sengoku era. Also, Lelouch also couldn't stay calm and composed whenever Suzaku ruins his plans or Nunally is in trouble. That's just how a character should act - with emotion and should have ups and downs. Committing mistakes, getting saved, getting encouraged or discouraged, losing someone, etc. can all be a plus if it gives out a lot of character developments in the story. But that's the type of MC you like, so it's not like I'm saying you should like such. But I'm just saying Sagara isn't really a bad MC. Besides, recklessness is a better attribute to have as a main character rather than cowardice or trouble-avoiding.

Also, most animes where women are stronger than men are shounen.
Aug 13, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2012
Still don't understand the story, but who cares? It's a fun anime.
Aug 13, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Goemon was so moe when being hugged OMQ.

A wild pirate/demon looking Loli appears next episode LOL.
Aug 13, 2012 6:40 PM

May 2010
Still one of the best show of this season. if not the best never a dull moment.
Aug 13, 2012 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
Tyrel said:
Goemon was so moe when being hugged OMQ.

A wild pirate/demon looking Loli appears next episode LOL.
Good ol' Date Masamune finally makes his- I mean her...entrance.
Aug 13, 2012 8:39 PM

Oct 2010
I really did not have time to comment much on this series sadly. I do have to say so far the dram, emotions and action along with visual are stunning. In fact the drama so far is so good that it did tear me up a little here and there.

As of this episode I kind of knew Goemon would live and had protection. Read it somewhere that ninjas took the most precautions against riflemen.

Niwa had the nasty face of death against that guy.

I also knew the other 2 wold defect.

I do hope Yoshitatsu ain't going to be stupid of doing something but from the looks of it he might. I hoped more Sagara would convince him with his future but they never played that card out.

About the preview, BIG BREASTED BOUNCING NUN coming at ya along with eye patch girl whom is enticing TBH. Also more fan service detection just that when is bath time?
Also that girl in the green pendant is going to be perverted if they make it right as the LN did.

That's all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 13, 2012 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Blood_Wizard said:

That doesn't even make sense. Being realistic isn't just being irrational. People can and do remain calm better than others.

Like if I know I'm back in time and Oda tells me to do something, her being my superior, I'm not gonna do something else then wind up having to get my ass saved. Or outspeak in a meeting when its clearly out of my place and almost causing a war thats preventable by keeping my damn mouth shut. That's what I mean when I say ALL TALK and no WALK. Not necessarily him having to fight, but as a GENERAL, he's failed just about every time even with his plans. Yea the character development comes in, but its refreshing for me with the other MCs that they are at a faster pace. And not just with fighting, but with character interaction as well.

And I'm not saying MC here is bad, he's not bad at all. My point was just that I think there are multiple MCs this season that are BETTER, not saying he's BAD. I just prefer the LAID BACK type who would be in trouble, but doesn't really panic, or at least show it.
Tenchi_RyuAug 13, 2012 9:57 PM
Aug 13, 2012 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blood_Wizard said:

That doesn't even make sense. Being realistic isn't just being irrational. People can and do remain calm better than others.

Like if I know I'm back in time and Oda tells me to do something, her being my superior, I'm not gonna do something else then wind up having to get my ass saved. Or outspeak in a meeting when its clearly out of my place and almost causing a war thats preventable by keeping my damn mouth shut. That's what I mean when I say ALL TALK and no WALK. Not necessarily him having to fight, but as a GENERAL, he's failed just about every time even with his plans. Yea the character development comes in, but its refreshing for me with the other MCs that they are at a faster pace. And not just with fighting, but with character interaction as well.

And I'm not saying MC here is bad, he's not bad at all. My point was just that I think there are multiple MCs this season that are BETTER, not saying he's BAD. I just prefer the LAID BACK type who would be in trouble, but doesn't really panic, or at least show it.

The only time he actually failed was when he went to rescue Dosan. He's actually pulled off all of his other plans. And he's not really irrational, he just knows that if he doesn't change history a good deal, then Nobuna will end up dead at Honnoji just like in actual history. And honestly, the only two MCs this season that I would consider better are Akatsuki in Hagure Yuusha and Ryouske in Dakara Boku wa.
Aug 13, 2012 11:03 PM

May 2011
This was a nice episode and these battle scenes are awesome to watch, not to mention I just love watching Nobuna command her troops as she stand in her determined pose. Her couple of cute scenes every episode is great too tbh.

I am guessing Saru got beat up for hugging Goemon like that lol. And ahhh she was just so cuteeee when she was getting hugged.
Aug 14, 2012 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Yet another amazing episode! :D
I don't think there's been a sub-par one yet.
The budget is nicely spread, enough action each episode, and not nearly as much comedy as one might think at first sight. At first, I was second-guessing the lineup for this season, but everything is really turning out to be a treat. ESPECIALLY the new Nobunas! Can't wait till the next episode! ;D
Aug 14, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
Blood_Wizard said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Blood_Wizard said:

The only time he actually failed was when he went to rescue Dosan. He's actually pulled off all of his other plans. And he's not really irrational, he just knows that if he doesn't change history a good deal, then Nobuna will end up dead at Honnoji just like in actual history. And honestly, the only two MCs this season that I would consider better are Akatsuki in Hagure Yuusha and Ryouske in Dakara Boku wa.

You are right about his achievements, but I still think he is irrational. Several times he brought pointless anxieties upon his companions and really made them save his asses.

He had to resort to violence out of anger against Nobukatsu that called for severe punishment upon himself. He again resorted to violence against Nagamasa that would result in unnecessary war. He exposed himself to Yoshitatsu while he was supposed to be a decoy and was about to get himself killed just to be saved by Hanbei's overpowered spell. These things can be easily prevented if he can stay calmer and not let his emotion go berserk.

His greatest achievements though, were when he talked his way out from Dousan and Hanzou. Both talks resulted in Owari's advance to Mino and Mikawa with lessened amount of bloodshed. And both times he knows what he was doing. I can give him credits for that.
Aug 14, 2012 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
wish the mustache man woulda been executed he is by far the ugliest character in the show.
Aug 14, 2012 4:02 AM

May 2010
Lol,so glad Goemon didn't die.After watching this episode,I have fallen in love with this anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.