Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2013 2:33 PM

Mar 2011
What a lovely movie. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Really touching and sweet :3.

I would have liked to see if Yuki ended up with him, but I assume she did in the end since he admitted he knew her secret and would never tell anyone :3. It was sad to see Ame leave without even a goodbye to his mother or Yuki but it was well done and a good ending for him overall,

The one thing I don't understand is Ookami's death. It said he was hunting? Why did he need to hunt when they had money for food? How did he die? drowning? But well I guess that wasn't too important to the story overall.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 7, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2010
Damn I expected this to be a little sad, instead I had some tears roll down my face.
They got me at the end.
Mar 7, 2013 8:06 PM
Oct 2012
Well i saw the movie looked online and something caught my eye someone on a review was saying they should make a sequel that shows what ame and yuki go through as adults and i started thinking thats not a bad idea. I mean i would love to see who yuki gets to be with and i especially want to see whether or not ame comes back or if he continues to live his life on the mountain.
B.L
Mar 7, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2010
Life's hard enough when you're a single mother so imagine being the mother of crazy werewolf kids.
Mar 8, 2013 3:51 AM

Feb 2011
It was a wonderful movie . Kind of reminded me of Clannad After Story . Impressive story. 9/10
Mar 8, 2013 6:32 AM

Mar 2008
really beautiful (I cried.. too much, probably =.=), I'd like to watch it with my mum someday :)
Mar 8, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
Great Movie, the art work was amazing
Poor Hana though putting up with all the slack
Mar 8, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2007
I LOVED this movie so much. It's so symbolic and detail-oriented. I loved the characters, development and the sounds complemented all the scenes. Not a second of film was wasted. I was completely engrossed, especially in Ame on how he found his calling.

Absolutely outstanding.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 8, 2013 2:07 PM
May 2012
I'm simply not poetic enough to be able to do justice to the sheer beauty of this movie, so I'm just going to leave this here:

"I'm not crying. Those are raindrops."
Mar 8, 2013 11:06 PM

Jun 2008
The only thing more I could have hoped for was a older retrospective or all 3 of them sitting together at the end but something in me made me feel like Yuki was doing that because her mom had died.

Then I read about the Director/Creators mother and all that and totally felt like that's what happened.

Touching Movie, 10/10 for originality and moving scenes. (could've had some better parts but everything can be better)
Mar 9, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
Definitely bittersweet ending.. The ending song was beautiful, the title of it is "Okaa-san no Uta" meaning "Mother's Song" too~
Mar 9, 2013 10:26 PM

Aug 2011
This was fucking amazing. I appreciate my own parents so much more.
Mar 10, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2011
THE FUCKING FEELS MAN. THE FEELS. Loved this movie, didn't expect it to be that great of a watch considering its story, but damn.

10/10. Excellent characters.
Mar 10, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
Ame howls to let his mom know he is doing okay. 10/10
[center]
Mar 11, 2013 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
Wow. This movie absolutely blew me away. So many freaking emotions. This could be literally called an emotional roller-coaster.

There is no way you can't feel sorry for Hana and all her troubles raising 2 wolf/human children. Even as a 20+ male I could clearly feel all the pain she was feeling throughout this movie. That is an awesome job and I have to applaud the effort.

The children in their small child state were absolutely adorable and the voice acting from the kids was amazing.

This movie would have easily been a 10... But then it happened. Those fucking last minutes of this masterpiece.

Ame leaving his family behind to become a "master of the forest" made me rage so hard, when he left in that storm, I just wanted to reach out through my screen and strangle that fucking brat.
Just leaving behind the mother who worked SO HARD to raise those children just to become some successor to the fox? What the fuck? Who decided that he should become the Stalin of the forest?
I do not care about the crap that a 10 year old wolf is easily an adult. His attitude in the human form to Yuki with all the "You're a wolf" crap proved that he still was a little kid.

Well how should the ending had been then?
Well the leaving and protecting the forest is all fine and dandy. Just it could have happened much much later. Not when he was fucking 10 years old. And what was with the "Leaving without telling anything"? Just idiotic.
I have not in a long time felt such distaste to a character.

Too bad that the ending kinda ruined everything, but still not giving this amazing movie a high score would be ridiculous.

8/10
Mar 11, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2007
Sir_Lexa said:

I do not care about the crap that a 10 year old wolf is easily an adult.

Right,ignore the obvious explanation that makes perfect sense.

Sometimes I just don't get people.
all for fun.fun for all
Mar 11, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
totoum said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Hmm did you read my post at all? I said right after it that the problem was that he still behaved like a little boy.

Sir_LexaMar 11, 2013 7:05 AM
Mar 11, 2013 7:05 AM

Oct 2007
Sir_Lexa said:
totoum said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Hmm did you read my post at all? I said right after it that the problem was that he still behaved like a little boy. Sometimes I just don't get people.

Getting in a fight with a relative happens to everyone on the planet,including adults.

This wasn't some sort of decision Ame made on a whim, he knows what his mother did for him and he's very grateful for it, but what exactly would he gain by staying?
He's not going to go to school and he's already able to take care of himself in the forest.
all for fun.fun for all
Mar 11, 2013 7:36 AM

Dec 2009
totoum said:
This wasn't some sort of decision Ame made on a whim, he knows what his mother did for him and he's very grateful for it, but what exactly would he gain by staying?
He's not going to go to school and he's already able to take care of himself in the forest.

So grateful that he decided to leave without saying anything and after his mother pretty much begged him not to go up to the mountain anymore.
Oh the respect.

I kinda see your point of view, but that won't change my opinion of the ending. SO I'll just drop out of this discussion since I have already stated my points.
Sir_LexaMar 11, 2013 7:44 AM
Mar 11, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2012
the story is good, the artwork is amazing, the morals are unique..

i like it... feels like some great anime movies... though the ending is a little sad for the mother
Mar 13, 2013 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
It was great, I really liked it! If I had to complain about one thing it would be the actual relationship between Ame and Yuki (probably because I'm just really close with my siblings myself so these are just personal feelings). It feels like the just grew apart and they didn't even have a proper goodbye. I wish they had relied on each other more since they should understand each other the most out of anyone.
Mar 14, 2013 6:19 AM
Jan 2013
Sir_Lexa said:
Wow. This movie absolutely blew me away. So many freaking emotions. This could be literally called an emotional roller-coaster.

There is no way you can't feel sorry for Hana and all her troubles raising 2 wolf/human children. Even as a 20+ male I could clearly feel all the pain she was feeling throughout this movie. That is an awesome job and I have to applaud the effort.

The children in their small child state were absolutely adorable and the voice acting from the kids was amazing.

This movie would have easily been a 10... But then it happened. Those fucking last minutes of this masterpiece.

Ame leaving his family behind to become a "master of the forest" made me rage so hard, when he left in that storm, I just wanted to reach out through my screen and strangle that fucking brat.
Just leaving behind the mother who worked SO HARD to raise those children just to become some successor to the fox? What the fuck? Who decided that he should become the Stalin of the forest?
I do not care about the crap that a 10 year old wolf is easily an adult. His attitude in the human form to Yuki with all the "You're a wolf" crap proved that he still was a little kid.

Well the leaving and protecting the forest is all fine and dandy. Just it could have happened much much later. Not when he was fucking 10 years old. And what was with the "Leaving without telling anything"? Just idiotic.

Too bad that the ending kinda ruined everything, but still not giving this amazing movie a high score would be ridiculous.

8/10

I agree a lot on the Ame thing and I had the same feelings. Everything else was awesome
Mar 14, 2013 7:11 AM

Dec 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
I kinda see your point of view, but that won't change my opinion of the ending. SO I'll just drop out of this discussion since I have already stated my points.

I wont change your opinion but seems you don't understand at all what Ame and Yuki really are.
They are both wolf/human, BUT while Yuki adapt to live among humans with their rules, Abe don't, he choose to live as a wolf in the wood. Same skin but different character.
The mom at the end understand that Abe can't like as an human anymore so he leave him alone.

8/10
Mar 14, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2012
I was kinda hesitant to watch this because of the characters being half wolves. However, it's a good thing I eventually did. It was a great movie! My expectation of it being boring vanished with in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Kudos to the mother though- it's difficult being a single parent of 2 children, let alone half human/half wolf children. I gave this a 9/10 because like what the other comments stated, I didn't enjoy Ame's abrupt disappearance without saying a proper goodbye to his mother who had difficulties raising them in such a young age; also to his sister, when in fact they had a strong bond when they were still little children. No sense of gratitude!! Tsk!!Aside from that, everything else was a masterpiece! I enjoyed the OST as well. In entirety, this movie was very enjoyable and relaxing!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 15, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2009
This was such a fantastic movie.

I had tears streaming down my face through almost the entire film. Seeing the dad just get tossed inside the garbage truck like that was incredibly heart-wrenching. ;__;

It also made me laugh; the kids, when they were little particularly, were quite cute and charming. The scene when they were playing in the snow was just amazing.

Yeah, great movie.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Mar 16, 2013 3:04 AM
Feb 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
Mothers are a different breed indeed.
Indeed. Hana was very, very selfless and I was frequently moved by the lengths she'd go through for her children. Great soundtrack, beautiful animation, great story. This movie was flawless.
Mar 16, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2011

lonely_kumo said:
Waited for over a year for this and it was well worth it.
Everything was so beautiful and i don't know why, but I was really captivated by their hair... it looked soo fluffy. :3

Just random thoughts:

Assuming is it similar to dog years, 70 years give or take.
Mar 17, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2007
I liked how Yuki went from embracing her wolf form more when she was a child then to human when she grew older.

And how Ame didn't want to be a wolf in the beginning, but in the end took the path of the wolf.

To see those changes throughout their years was probably my favourite part of the story.

However, like most people, the random death of her husband and Ame's "the mountain calls me" at the end felt kinda bleh :/
Mar 18, 2013 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
Oh my gosh, i have not seen such a fantastic movie in a while. This-THIS MOVIE.
I loved the characters and everything up until the end (like majority of people). I get he decided to choose the path of the wolf, but couldn't he come back like once a year or something rather than just leave his family as if his mother never went through so much for him? The least he could do was come back once in a while to visit....
It's a shame too because in the beginning i liked Ame more than Yuki, but by the end i preferred Yuki. In a sense i liked that Ame left to his own path, but the fact that he was ten years old, wolf or not, and being kind of a douche towards the end drew me out of his side. In the end, i suppose it had to be done to contract his sister's relatively easy living as a human.
The little side-story of the kid who got his ear scarred was rather random though. And i would have liked some continuation of that because by the end i have no clue what that was supposed to lead to. Yuki revealed she was a wolf to someone, but that seems like it was it. She just skips to saying she left her mother that year for school, but she never mentions what happened to her friend.
Ugh, i feel for Hana. She only got to have her kids for 12 years before they went their separate ways. I'm sure Yuki came back eventually, but having to adjust to Ame not being there must have been hard. He looked so much like his dad, too....

Anyway, this movie was great. I hope it gets licensed so i can buy it one day.
9/10 for me.

P.S: That sex scene at the beginning made me laugh. They did it while he was a wolf, lol.
VyudaliMar 18, 2013 6:24 PM
Mar 18, 2013 6:26 PM

Jun 2011
this was such a sad yet happy story.... i loved it!!!
Mar 19, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Stunning animation, well paced story, superb characters and much more, but Hana is the main reason for this movie's epicness
9/10
if only Ame shown much more gratitude to his mom, I would gladly gives 10/10, damn you brat
Mar 20, 2013 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
Definite 9/10. I'd say 9.5 but not quite a 10 because it didn't end well enough for me.

Pretty epic. Love the heartwarming moments. Love Hana. Love the romance between Hana/Wolf-kun, and also Yuki/Souhei because they're freaking cute too! Love the kids. Love the village. Did I mention? I love Hana. Such a great character.

Same! I understand that he's a wolf and all but like...That was pretty irresponsible without telling your mom about it and making her search for you. :S

...And another issue I had was a tiny one but...Um... She seriously had sex with him IN WOLF FORM? I find that kind of awkward.
Mar 20, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
9.5/10
Loved it, was able to look past some things that were slightly annoying
Mar 22, 2013 12:43 PM
Jan 2013
Overall the story is extremely sad and depressing for me. I mean, Hana was absolutely a wonderful and flawless person although her life was quite hard. The way she always smiled and accepted the way it was was really captivating. She basically, devoted her life to Ookami despite all the difficulties and then was so suddenly left alone, I don't know what gave her strength. But she took a great risk and walk with head held high - such a heartwarming story.

Still can't get over how abruptly Ookami died.
Mar 24, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
I don't understand all this rage on Ame. He's always been the quiet and distant type. And Hana out of all people should have known better what his decision was going to be. She just couldn't accept it.
Ame found his world out in the wild and I was so proud of both Ame and Yuki to have found their path. As saddening as it was for Ame to leave, he is a grown adult as a wolf and can take care of himself. If he had stayed any longer in the family he would've eventually never been able to leave and be a full-fledged wolf. He may have not taken the best of actions, as he is in his human form a child, but I'm sure he knows what's best for him. I didn't really find him growing distance either. It's the usual process of self-discovery. As his mother says, "Live your life!"

Other than that. I was sitting here bawling. Yay! This movie really reflected the harsh path of life and self-discovery as well as the beauty in it.
kapanihanMar 24, 2013 5:25 PM
Mar 24, 2013 6:05 PM

Sep 2010
...I like shows about wolves

But seriously, this is why mothers are amazing. All my respect goes to Hana
9/10

Mar 24, 2013 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Hana was such a good mother the whole time, I really liked her. Yuki turned out to be pretty cool too, she used to be the 'brat' while Ame was the quiet one, in the end both found their way. I got sad coz Ame should have stayed close to his mom even with his forest duties =/
The movie is beautiful! 9/10!
Mar 24, 2013 9:50 PM

May 2012
the first ive been thinking that yuki will go to the path of being wolf and ame as human but it turns different.. such a great show and hana such a great mother.. very love the slice of life 8/10..

Mar 25, 2013 9:46 PM
Aug 2012
No words can explain it
9.9/10

I'm glad i didn't dropped this
Mar 26, 2013 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
Beautiful!
This makes me appreciate my parents more

think i understood both Ame and Yuki's choices in the end and the mother letting them go was declaration of her coming to terms with their choices....i liked Yuki's transformation the most, that "Smell" thing which made her subconscious of her Human form was a very subtle and realistic way of her coming to terms with it
Mar 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
Loved it. I really wonder what happened to soehei ?

Mar 26, 2013 6:09 PM
Jul 2012
Allow me to join the "I hate Ame" club. Coming from someone who was raised by a single mom, when he left, it definitely made me cringe and die a little inside. Props to Hana though, she is one hell of a mother.
Mar 27, 2013 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
One of the most moving and beautiful anime I have seen. Hope that the anime industry can make more of this kind rather than just some random harem and fan service.

10/10 (-1 ending but +1 personal emotion)
Mar 27, 2013 6:18 PM

May 2011
The story had many moments where tales were told without words, such beautiful art. The mother had some crazy resilience. No wonder people around were inspired to help her. I enjoyed that it was a story which followed her journey more than anything else. From finding love and coming into her own and being able to let her children live as they would want.

As for Ame's tale, I would have liked more information on what exactly he had to do to take over for the fox. But aside from that I actually didn't mind the way he left. It was pretty clear from this lingering glances and all that he loved his mother and she was just about the only thing holding him to his human life. I feel like he ran off like that because if he turned back he wouldn't have the resolve to go despite all the times it felt like he would just wander off. His attachment to the wild made sense to me as well. Since his father, who only had the information his parents told him before they pasted on, even had his wild instincts to hunt still.
fiore777Mar 27, 2013 6:25 PM
Mar 28, 2013 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
the scenery ++++++
Mar 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Oct 2010
Welcome To My Favorites List Ookami.

11/10. That Scene When Ami Drowned Literally Got Me Crying.
Mar 29, 2013 1:44 PM
Mar 2013
There's definitely a lot of debate regarding Ame's choices here. I, too, was highly displeased with his actions towards the end of the movie. I felt disappointed in him, and in many ways it largely looked like he had abandoned the life his mother tried to give him. Yes, she moved into the country for her children, but I think it's safe to say that never in her wildest nightmares had she imagined one them running off into the woodlands to embrace their inner wolf.

The movie was truly heartbreaking for me. I watched it only yesterday and I'm still really thinking about it; I'm sure it'll still be lingering on my mind for the next few days.

Perhaps it comes to that I just disagree with the message of the movie as a whole. Ame and Yuki ended up living out the dual aspects of their father's life, but in the end it really does feel as though Ame had simply run away from the troubles and the depression he clearly felt as a human, and his maintaining of the woodlands seemed more of an excuse for his actions than anything else.

I think the true message I would have liked to have seen from the movie would have been Ame and Yuki accepting to live with both of their halves rather than rejecting the half they didn't think they needed.
benignuserJul 4, 2013 4:47 PM
Mar 30, 2013 10:50 AM

Jan 2012
Such a sweet movie. Cried a bit in the end TT.TT

Apr 1, 2013 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
Ah that was beautiful
Kinda wish the ending was a bit different, or maybe showed Yuki more years down the line

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Apr 1, 2013 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
Front page pic...

Is this some April Fools joke?

(Rotating Signature | Member Cards are fun~)

[Notes on Signature]124 - 172 KB, Width: 140px

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

11 by haidz0000 »»
Apr 25, 9:26 AM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Why does this anime have a PG - Children rating?

johnyjohny - May 13, 2016

8 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.